The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #76
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Viel Spaß! Ich bin eifersüchtig.

In all seriousness, how did you get such a good deal on rent there? How did you go about this? Send me a PM. I'll be done working in July 1st and have a butt ton of guap saved up and wanna go have fun for a while. #YOLO #DYMELYFE #BRONCOSTEVEN
Berlin, though a rather large city, a lot of it is still run down. And well affordable. The U-Bahn can take you everywhere in the city. hmmm, i could go for curryworst and a berliner kindl right about now...

Last edited by maven; 03-01-2013 at 11:14 AM..
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #77
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
NEIN. I am going in May. Giving notice at work today after eight years... moving to Berlin for a couple of months (going to do some freelance work to pay the $350 a month rent) and Jordan will be on the tail end of my trip.

Looking forward to it. Nervous of course, probably more than I should be, but life is about experiences and you have to seek them out. I have a feeling I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Nice man. That sounds like a lot of fun and you will enjoy/never forget it. Also, if you have some spare cash take some trips via the train and check out other cities.

Last edited by maven; 03-01-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Old 03-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #78
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Berlin, though a rather large city, a lot of it is still run down. And well affordable. The U-Bahn can take you everywhere in the city. hmmm, i could go for curryworst and a berliner kindl right about now...
So you are telling me I could travel abroad and live in Berlin for a few months after I'm done here for a couple hundred bucks a month? That is insane.

Is Prague expensive?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #79
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
So you are telling me I could travel abroad and live in Berlin for a few months after I'm done here for a couple hundred bucks a month? That is insane.

Is Prague expensive?
Well, you have to look at the Euro versus the dollar. It's not great, but not bad and how you would budget. I would recommend a side gig if you plan to live there a few months(i don't know your finances and for example, tour guide or freelance work) or do you plan to backpack(which is an entirely different setup). Czech republic is cheap(i didn't find Prague expensive at all). Prague is a 4.5 hour train ride from berlin. Hungary is cheap. go farther east into the old soviet blocks, well you get the point.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #80
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

You can make 2 to 300 euros a tour in tips. My best friend did it in Berlin. I'm not going to be there long enough though I'd say it has to be at least four months.

When I was a kid my mom would take my brother and I on shoestring budgets through Europe so I did the Berlin > Prague > Vienna > Salzburg > Munich trip in 2001. Amazing train rides. I do want to check out Dresden now that it's been built up and I would love to take some chick out to Potsdam for a day trip.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #81
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Backpacking/hiking would be really cool. Thanks for sharing all the information guys.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #82
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Backpacking/hiking would be really cool. Thanks for sharing all the information guys.
Then go hostels, eurorail pass(book rez trains when needed), grocery stores(food/water) and cheap eats/stalls food, small laptop. If you are willing to travel solo, you will meet plenty of peeps at hostels in which you could go out with if wanted and possibly change course along the way and partial travel with them. Need anymore tips just ask. And don't be scared to travel alone. YOLO
Old 05-10-2013, 04:27 AM   #83
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

So I'm moving to Berlin. It happens. I've spent the last two months I'm nightclubs, often for 20 hours at a time (not an exaggeration). Blur. What I do know is that I've found a culture that I feel comfortable in (except they don't watch real football pfff newbs). German women are either green runs of double blacks but smoking across the board. Dating a Dutch chick. Pretty sure she grew up in a windmill.

Will be in jordan next week and post pics during / after the trip. I forgot my Von Miller jersey but will try to remember some sort of mile high salute or something (which hopefully won't be misconstrued).

Dear diary.

Last edited by Chris; 05-10-2013 at 04:44 AM..
Old 05-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #84
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Hey Chris that is awesome! Glad you are having a fun time. Will send you PM ask you questions love you long time. Ni hao.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #85
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Hey Chris that is awesome! Glad you are having a fun time. Will send you PM ask you questions love you long time. Ni hao.
That brings back memories.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:04 AM   #86
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
So I'm moving to Berlin. It happens. I've spent the last two months I'm nightclubs, often for 20 hours at a time (not an exaggeration). Blur. What I do know is that I've found a culture that I feel comfortable in (except they don't watch real football pfff newbs). German women are either green runs of double blacks but smoking across the board. Dating a Dutch chick. Pretty sure she grew up in a windmill.

Will be in jordan next week and post pics during / after the trip. I forgot my Von Miller jersey but will try to remember some sort of mile high salute or something (which hopefully won't be misconstrued).

Dear diary.

It all sounds so grand. Good for you Chris.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #87
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Couple early uploads

Old 05-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #88
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
So, good for you. You came out and now you are a proud and loud drugged out, BI dancing the night away to horrible house music and you are surprised they don't like American Football?

Enjoy your trip.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:36 AM   #89
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

House music will grow on anyone. You just have to change your expectations. In the states the only thing that makes me uncomfortable is the work to work culture of New York. Looking for something else now and I love northern euro chicks.

Couple more shots and then I'll leave this thread alone

Yours truly having tea with a Bedouin lady (not the french chick next to me)

I lost my phone so unfortunately lost all my petra panoramas

Anyways, that's it. Thanks to all those that encouraged the trip!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #90
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Did you ride a Camel smoking a Turkish Silver?
Old 05-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #91
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

You seem like a guy i'd have a beer with. Excellent pics btw! What's next for ya? Back to Berlin?
Old 05-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #92
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
You seem like a guy i'd have a beer with. Excellent pics btw! What's next for ya? Back to Berlin?
I would have at least 5 with him. COC.