The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #151
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

If you can't own a gun without children accidentally killing themselves with said gun, you shouldn't be having children.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #152
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
If you can't own a gun without children accidentally killing themselves with said gun, you shouldn't be having children.
he can't help himself..... liberals always think they know more than anyone else... they believe their way is the only way.... they believe that people are just too stupid.... and they want to rule over others by claiming that they are trying to save people from themselves
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #153
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

People who let kids kill themselves with their guns should be punished for child abuse and neglect. The bad news is you can't police things like that before the fact. It's just not going to happen where they take away a right because you have kids. Or say you have kids we can inspect your gun and house to make sure its safe. You can to a point with child services but not some widespread attack on gun owners. That will never fly.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #154
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Keep your guns away from kids and under 18 only with adult supervision. If you can't enforce that as a parent, and your kid kills someone or themselves with guy you should be punished for it. If they kill you with guns then i guess that your punishement.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #155
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Keep your guns away from kids and under 18 only with adult supervision. If you can't enforce that as a parent, and your kid kills someone or themselves with guy you should be punished for it. If they kill you with guns then i guess that your punishement.
Punished how? Also...who should be required to pay for the medical bills if your child injures or kills someone?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #156
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Punished how? Also...who should be required to pay for the medical bills if your child injures or kills someone?
Well you can sue people Houghtam. We have that mechanism already in place. We worked on a case where the insurance company we defended was being sued because a kid took a car and killed someone. So there is that. But obviously I don't feel the taxpayers should have to pay for it.

What if your kid got drunk, took the car and killed someone. Do you think you deserve to lose everything for that. Like be sued for 10 million lose house, everything and have to pay your salary for the rest of your life? Or do you think they should only be able to sue you if you let kid drive, if you didn't do what you needed to do to make sure drunk kid didn't take car.

Same with guns the facts will determine what the courts do. Thats how it works.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #157
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Houghtam you can't legislate the world fair and safe. Sorry to say.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #158
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Well you can sue people Houghtam. We have that mechanism already in place. We worked on a case where the insurance company we defended was being sued because a kid took a car and killed someone. So there is that. But obviously I don't feel the taxpayers should have to pay for it.

What if your kid got drunk, took the car and killed someone. Do you think you deserve to lose everything for that. Like be sued for 10 million lose house, everything and have to pay your salary for the rest of your life? Or do you think they should only be able to sue you if you let kid drive, if you didn't do what you needed to do to make sure drunk kid didn't take car.

Same with guns the facts will determine what the courts do. Thats how it works.
So let's say the person who owns the gun which shot your child is unable to afford your medical bills.

I would be in favor of compromise in this situation. We are required to insure our automobiles for that very reason. How about we just say that if you own a gun, you should be required to pay insurance on it for just those reasons. If it is determined you were negligent, you (your insurance) should be required to pay damages. If you lose your gun or have it stolen and it is used to commit a crime, you (your insurance) should be required to pay damages.

Gun "enthusiasts" like to bring up the comparison to automobiles all the time...you know, the old "more people are killed by automobiles than guns" routine? Great. We require people to insure their automobiles. Let's require them to insure their firearms, as well.

E'rrybody happy?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #159
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Strange that this story of an accidental shooting gets liberal gun haters all riled up but on the other hand it's ok for a guy to sever the spinal cord of a newborn baby with a pair of scissors........ Go figure.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #160
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Today, a minority of senators can kill bipartisan legislation that is supported by a majority of their colleagues. And they frequently do. In the House, the speaker alone can kill bipartisan legislation that is supported by a majority of his colleagues. And he frequently does. Following some of this country’s worst mass shootings, a Republican senator and a Democratic senator with A ratings from the National Rifle Association authored a gun safety bill requiring criminal background checks that was supported by 90 percent of the American people. If I were a reporter, I’d be more interested in what was wrong with the Congress that refused to pass that bill than the man at the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue who relentlessly campaigned for it at more than a dozen events around the country.

But that’s just me. This Congress has so profoundly disappointed the American people that I suppose the real news would be if they ever did anything that even remotely reflected popular will. At this point, getting angry with Congress for failing to legislate seems as useful as yelling at a puppy for peeing on the floor: neither of them knows any better.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...rom-below.html
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #161
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
So let's say the person who owns the gun which shot your child is unable to afford your medical bills.

I would be in favor of compromise in this situation. We are required to insure our automobiles for that very reason.

Yes that works in a perfect world where all drivers have insurance. How many accidents occur on a daily basis where the driver at fault has no insurance coverage? One in seven drivers have no insurance. I would guess the percentage of gun owners without insurance would be quite a bit higher.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #162
TonyR
Franchise Poster

We need all of you gun kooks to stop worrying about "keeping your homes safe" (lol) and "fighting tyranny" (double lol) and get this wild pig epidemic under control! Do something useful with those guns for goodness sake!

http://modernfarmer.com/2013/04/who-...adorable-pigs/
Old 05-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #163
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
We need all of you gun kooks to stop worrying about "keeping your homes safe" (lol) and "fighting tyranny" (double lol) and get this wild pig epidemic under control! Do something useful with those guns for goodness sake!
Pig meat for the homeless, what did you do for the homeless today TonyR?

Ted Nugent recently bragged about killing 455 feral pigs in Texas using an M-4 rifle.

Associated Press file Ted Nugent recently wasted more than 450 wild pigs in Texas, and says by doing so, helped the environment, saved taxpayers money and helped feed the homeless. “I took my machine gun in the helicopter – in the Texas hill country – me and my buddy ‘Pigman.' His name is ‘Pigman’; I’m the swine czar," Nugent told Winterble. "I killed 455 hogs with my machine gun. I did it for Bill Maher and all those other animal rights freaks out there."

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/i...killing_4.html
Old 05-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #164
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Houghtam you can't legislate the world fair and safe. Sorry to say.
Liberals want an ouchie-free world and they think the way is by force-feeding legislation, social engineering, and draining the treasury. The majority of them will never learn.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #165
nyuk nyuk

Quote:

Tony lives in a world without home break-ins and government tyranny. Must be nice there. Probably lots of unicorns and rainbows there, as well.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #166
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
There are already laws in place for that type of thing, regardless of what is used to cause the injury or death. What exactly is your point here? Why fixate on injury by guns only?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #167
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Tony lives in a world without home break-ins and government tyranny. Must be nice there. Probably lots of unicorns and rainbows there, as well.
Re "home break-ins"... Do you own a gun? Do you have children living in your home? If both are yes, do you keep those guns out and at the ready? If you do, you're endangering your children. If you don't, they won't really help much during a break in.

Re "government tyranny"... When/where/how have you experienced it lately? And to the extent you have, how would owning a gun have helped your situation?

And yes, it is nice here. I'm not filled with fear and hatred as your online persona would suggest you do.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #168
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
There are already laws in place for that type of thing, regardless of what is used to cause the injury or death. What exactly is your point here? Why fixate on injury by guns only?
Do explain.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #169
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Re "home break-ins"... Do you own a gun? Do you have children living in your home? If both are yes, do you keep those guns out and at the ready? If you do, you're endangering your children. If you don't, they won't really help much during a break in.

Re "government tyranny"... When/where/how have you experienced it lately? And to the extent you have, how would owning a gun have helped your situation?

And yes, it is nice here. I'm not filled with fear and hatred as your online persona would suggest you do.
If you want anything banned over the actions of 2 people - namely Holmes and Lanza - you're filled with fear and hatred. If you fixate on gun murders even though more people are killed by drunken drivers every year, you're filled with fear and hatred. If you want "assault weapons" banned even though shotguns are used in more murders each year, you are filled with fear and hatred.

Railing about guns like an emotional lactating female when alcohol kills far more people each year is not rational and is a sign that you are filled with fear and hatred.

You act as if home break-ins aren't a realistic concern, and you obviously haven't considered that our right to own guns might have something to do with the political stability in this country. As far as storage of guns, there are expectations as far as safe handling. There are also child endangerment laws. There are also limits of gun legislation such as laid out in Heller. Nobody needs to justify how they store their guns any more than anyone needs to justify how they store their prescription medications or their alcohol.

Which do you think kills more kids: booze or guns? Here's a hint. Where is your outrage?

You can hate on guns all you want, but you can't ban them.

I'm amused at how those who want to ban guns refuse to consider bringing back prohibition. Amused, but not surprised.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #170
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Do explain.
They're called liability laws, dear. They apply to EVERYTHING.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #171
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
They're called liability laws, dear. They apply to EVERYTHING.
I love it when you come back and do a mindless drive-by post. Another llama-ism.

Yes, if your child shoots another child, you are liable. My question was (if you had bothered to continue reading instead of posting to each point as you read it), who pays for the victim's medical bills if you are unable to pay?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #172
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
If you want anything banned over the actions of 2 people...
Where did I state what, if anything, I want banned? Particularly in relation to what happened in Boston?

And I noticed you completely dodged answering my questions. And we all know why you did this: you can't.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #173
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Where did I state what, if anything, I want banned? Particularly in relation to what happened in Boston?

And I noticed you completely dodged answering my questions. And we all know why you did this: you can't.
I dodged nothing. You're going off on an emotional tangent fixating on guns. If you don't want guns banned, why ask odd leading questions? Gun owners need not justify their gun ownership to you no more than they are obligated to answer deceitful, loaded questions.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #174
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
I love it when you come back and do a mindless drive-by post. Another llama-ism.

Yes, if your child shoots another child, you are liable. My question was (if you had bothered to continue reading instead of posting to each point as you read it), who pays for the victim's medical bills if you are unable to pay?
This is all a matter of liability laws as with any other incidence of injury or death. I did no "drive-by." Apparently you want me to post Colorado Revised Statutes on personal liability? Gimme a break. The same laws apply everywhere.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #175
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I dodged nothing...
You did, and you just did again! You're a coward and a fraud!