The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #76
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
"The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."
Meh Saddam used more chemical weapons then Assad has and liberals ready to support the kings invasion! It just depends, if a liberal is President all the sudden patriot act not a big deal, cameras are cool, wars are ok because they weren't started by Bush.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #77
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Meh Saddam used more chemical weapons then Assad has and liberals ready to support the kings invasion! It just depends, if a liberal is President all the sudden patriot act not a big deal, cameras are cool, wars are ok because they weren't started by Bush.
More **** flowing backward from the toilet. WTF are you talking about? Did you have one of those mini-strokes?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #78
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Have fun with this: http://www.counterpunch.org/2004/06/...mical-weapons/
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #79
W*GS
Ring of Famer

W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #80
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

So liberals agree then when you fight a war you should announce what day you will be sick of fighting and call that the withdraw date. Brilliant you should all teach at West Point.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #81
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Syria uses chemical weapons in a civil war = Attack and regime change!

Iraq invades Kuwait, pays terrosists to kill Jews, shoots missiles at our planes in no fly zone, gasses their own people, mines the gulf and commites environmental terrorism = Why did Bush doi that, illegal war illegal war they didn't find nukes! Bush and Cheney are Evil.

Saddam messed with the flow of oil to the world and paid for it like he should have. Assad he is just fighting a civil war. Not yet to the level of anything we need to intervene on but liberals are all ready to go now. I was for intervention until i read how radical the opposition is. When we do have to bomb I hope our CIA makes sure a couple misguided bombs hit the radical leadership where it hurts before war over.

Hell let it drag on the more radical that die the better. We should try and keep it going forever. I'm hoping that is Obamas plan and hes really a lot smarter then he seems.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #82
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Syria uses chemical weapons in a civil war = Attack and regime change!

Iraq invades Kuwait, pays terrosists to kill Jews, shoots missiles at our planes in no fly zone, gasses their own people, mines the gulf and commites environmental terrorism = Why did Bush doi that, illegal war illegal war they didn't find nukes! Bush and Cheney are Evil.

Saddam messed with the flow of oil to the world and paid for it like he should have. Assad he is just fighting a civil war. Not yet to the level of anything we need to intervene on but liberals are all ready to go now. I was for intervention until i read how radical the opposition is. When we do have to bomb I hope our CIA makes sure a couple misguided bombs hit the radical leadership where it hurts before war over.

Hell let it drag on the more radical that die the better. We should try and keep it going forever. I'm hoping that is Obamas plan and hes really a lot smarter then he seems.
You're missing the point. (Surprise!)

Bush didn't go to war for any of those reasons, according to Bush himself. They went in because they claimed there were wmds. There weren't. You can't go to war just to go to war. Bush knew the American people would not support a war for any of the reasons you gave, so his regime created a reason.

That you cannot or will not see this is not surprising. You have a long litany of stupid **** you've said, and much of it in like the last two weeks. I'd tell you to shut up, but as Tony alluded to, I actually quite enjoy coming here every day wondering what new gem you've come up with. Txtebow, Pony Boy and errand are pretty predictable because they're racists. You, on the other hand, are a loose cannon. A jack of no trades, master of even fewer. You post nonsense on such a wide variety of subjects that even your own people call you out for your lunacy. It truly is a joy to see what you'll come up with next.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #83
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Obama lost his war, gave back iraq, crushed our economy and the liberals want to give him an award.
The only way not to "lose the war" was to stay there forever which I don't think anyone wants. But the best strategy would have been to have never been in that war to begin with...

As for the economy, you do realize that it was in freefall well before Obama took office, right?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #84
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
The only way not to "lose the war" was to stay there forever which I don't think anyone wants. But the best strategy would have been to have never been in that war to begin with...

As for the economy, you do realize that it was in freefall well before Obama took office, right?
Good God, don't bother. Did you miss this election season?

Cut is one of the guys who blamed the housing crisis on Clinton, you know, because it takes awhile for policy to affect the economy, but was angry that Obama tanked the economy because, you know, it...doesn't take awhile for policy to affect the economy?

- I want armed citizens helping police in a shootout
- Bush had every reason to go into Iraq, there was no coverup
- Bush had every reason to go into Iraq, regardless of whether or not there was a coverup
- Clinton caused the housing crisis 10 years after being out of office, but Obama caused the financial crisis the day he took office

Am I missing anything? I'm sure I am, but this is a litany of stupid right here.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #85
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

It was GW Bush who cut the deal to withdraw US troops from Iraq. Bush was outmaneuvered by the Iraqis.

Obama merely carried it out.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #86
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Now Hezbollah has come out in support of Assad. What a bizarre conflict this is. You've got the Muslim Brotherhood fighting with the rebels, and the Iranian backed Hezbollah fighting with Assad. No wonder the U.S. wants to stay the **** out of it. No matter who wins, we lose.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #87
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Now Hezbollah has come out in support of Assad. What a bizarre conflict this is. You've got the Muslim Brotherhood fighting with the rebels, and the Iranian backed Hezbollah fighting with Assad. No wonder the U.S. wants to stay the **** out of it. No matter who wins, we lose.
We win by making sure this thing drags on forever. A never ending Jihad in Syria that saps up the fighters who are willing to go abroad to fight for Allah. Hell we should sneak in and bomb both sides if we do have to set up a no fly zone. I guess if UN acts without us we have no choice but to sort of join in or we sort of weaken the UN which i guess would be a bad thing. Who knows UN sort of a joke nowdays.

Go in with a no fly zone then say ooops fog of war was that a rebel army we bombed. We thought that was Syrian army sorry about that. Oh we killed your top commander that is too bad.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #88
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
It was GW Bush who cut the deal to withdraw US troops from Iraq. Bush was outmaneuvered by the Iraqis.

Obama merely carried it out.

MHG
Bush cut a deal and left it to Obama to negotiate the armed forced agreement which he didn't ever try to do. Its like how Obama raises tax by not renewing a tax cut. Then he can say i didn't raise taxes. The tax cut just expired.

Biden tried to make an agreement and he failed. That my fellow omaners is a political loss or it was the plan all along. Either way a foreign policy disaster for Obama.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #89
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Would U.S. intervention–no-fly zones, arms, aid to the opposition forces–make things better? It depends on what one means by better. It would certainly intensify the civil war. It would also make the regime of Bashar Assad more desperate. Perhaps Assad has already used chemical weapons; with his back against the wall, he might use them on a larger scale. As for external instability, Landis points out that if U.S. intervention tipped the balance against the Alawites, they might flee Syria into Lebanon, destabilizing that country for decades. Again, this pattern is not unprecedented. Large numbers on the losing side have fled wars in the Middle East, from Palestinians in 1948 to Iraq’s Sunnis in the past decade.

If the objective is actually to reduce the atrocities and minimize potential instability, the key will be a political settlement that gives each side an assurance that it has a place in the new Syria. That was never achieved in Iraq, which is why, despite U.S. troops and arms and influence, the situation turned into a violent free-for-all. If some kind of political pact can be reached, there’s hope for Syria. If it cannot, U.S. assistance to the rebels or even direct military intervention won’t change much: Syria will follow the pattern of Lebanon and Iraq–a long, bloody civil war. And America will be in the middle of it.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...#ixzz2SaRF6oNV
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #90
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

The US is already in Syria -- trying to bring down Assad. So is the UK.

Whatever happened to national sovereignty?
MHG

Leaked Memo Says US SOF in Syria
by Bryant Jordan

U.S. Special Operation Forces reportedly have been in Syria since December training groups to conduct guerrilla attacks and assassinations to bring down Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, according to a leaked Stratfor memo published by WikiLeaks.

But Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. James Gregory suggested the memo warranted being read skeptically.

“I would say that the [Stratfor] email — and I cannot comment on its authenticity due to the method in which [it was received] — seems to be pure conjecture,” Gregory said.

The claim of American Spec Ops Forces operating in Syria is made in an internal email dated Dec. 7, 2011, from an official at Stratfor, a Texas-based private intelligence-gathering company.

The writer — whose email reportedly belongs to the company’s director of analysis, Reva Bhalla — recounts a Pentagon meeting where officials “said without saying that SOF teams (presumably from US, UK, France, Jordan, Turkey) are already on the ground focused on recce [reconnaissance] missions and training opposition forces.”

An Air Force intelligence officer told him that there isn’t a viable “Free Syrian Army” to actually train right now, but that steps are being taken out of “prudence.”

“They have been told to prepare contingencies and be ready to act within 2-3 months, but they still stress that this is all being done as contingency planning, not as a move toward escalation,” the writer states. “I kept pressing on the question of what these SOF teams would be working toward, and whether this would lead to an eventual air camapign [sic] to give a Syrian rebel group cover. They pretty quickly distanced themselves from that idea, saying that the idea ‘hypothetically’ is to commit guerrilla attacks, assassination campaigns, try to break the back of the Alawite forces, elicit collapse from within. There wouldn’t be a need for air cover, and they wouldn’t expect these Syrian rebels to be marching in columns anyway.” (Alawite is a minority branch of Islam to which the Assad family belongs.)

This was originally posted at military.com
Old 05-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #91
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

This was posted last January.

SYRIA: British Special Forces, CIA and MI6 Supporting Armed Insurgency.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/syria-b...emplated/28529
Old 05-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #92
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

hopefully they are there killing opposition leaders who organize armed jihads etc etc. This will be a grand chance to see a lot of militants leave the earth for their wives in heaven. Kill someone on the govt side, kill someone on the rebel side both = a good day.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #93
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Yeah and we have SOF in the Phillipines and SE Asia too. Not surprising.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #94
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

We also have them in Africa and probably Colombia as well.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #95
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Why have Special Ops if we aren't going to let them sneak around everywhere? Thats what they are there for. I would imagine they gleen information you just can't get without boots on the ground. Then that in turn makes our regular soldiers safer if they do have to go in.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #96
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Hezbollah have always gotten support from Damascus. They're both Shia Muslims. The MB are Sunni as are apparently a lot of the rebels. These two groups of Muslims have hacked each other to pieces since the death of Muhammad. It actually makes a ton of sense. I'm sure Assad has done plenty of repression of Sunnis. The US has been actively supporting at least some of these Sunni rebels, quite possibly ones tied with the MB.

Israel is making some gusty moves in the chaos and weakened state of Assad to take care of some of the Hezbollah-bound weaponry, knowing Syria will do little to nothing. And they're right.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #97
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Txtebow, Pony Boy and errand are pretty predictable because they're racists.
Wow where did that come from?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #98
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Israel recently staged several aerial bombing raids in Syria. These were flagrant acts of war -- and were clearly opportunistic -- given Syria's ongoing civil war.

Some have plausibly speculated that the raids were prompted by recent victories by the Assad regime. It appears that Assad is gaining ground against the rebels.

Thus, Israel's raids may have been an attempt to provoke Syria into a response that could be used asa justification for direct western intervention.

Clearly, we are on the brink of a wider war.
MHG

“Syria to Respond immediately to any New Israeli Attack”: Syria deputy FM. Tel Aviv Supports Al Nusra Terrorists

http://www.globalresearch.ca/grandso...-death/5334654
Old 05-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #99
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Obama lost his war, gave back iraq, crushed our economy and the liberals want to give him an award.

You people can say what you want but when you are fighting a war you don't set a date for your withdraw until you win. Where is that iraqi army? Saddam, his sons? Dead. Where is the Taliban leader who let us get attacked by Bin Laden? Re-taking Afghanistan making every solider that died there die for nothing. Why Because Obama wanted to leave before it was done. All people do is make informal falacies in the WRP. Saying someone is an idiot doesn't make you right. You can spin it all you want but Bush was vicotrious in Iraq and Obama losing everywhere.

WTF are you reading?
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #100
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Israel recently staged several aerial bombing raids in Syria. These were flagrant acts of war -- and were clearly opportunistic -- given Syria's ongoing civil war.

Some have plausibly speculated that the raids were prompted by recent victories by the Assad regime. It appears that Assad is gaining ground against the rebels.

Thus, Israel's raids may have been an attempt to provoke Syria into a response that could be used asa justification for direct western intervention.

Clearly, we are on the brink of a wider war.
MHG

“Syria to Respond immediately to any New Israeli Attack”: Syria deputy FM. Tel Aviv Supports Al Nusra Terrorists

http://www.globalresearch.ca/grandso...-death/5334654
How many times have you made this claim and for how many countries??

You're a war monger who salivates at the prospect of being right.....just once.
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote