The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #2576
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I think the Chiefs will get a QB next year in a better class. I don't think a 7th round QB is gonna make a difference to be honest.

Tombstone, I'm interested in your opinion of our draft and more importantly, Kniles Davis, as you are an Arknasas fan.

Kniles Davis really upset me. I didn't like that pick at all. But I thought Eric Fisher, Travis Kelce and Nico Johnson were great picks.

I don't hate or love the others because I don't know much about them.

And I don't even want to talk about Tyler Wilson. That was my biggest frustration of this draft. I've loved Wilson for months. If we were going to take any QB to develop, I wanted it to be him.
I do love Arkansas but I don't think Kniles Davis is a gonna be a good RB in the NFL. Of course, I could be wrong.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #2577
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
I don't think there were any quality QB's in this entire draft.

You really think Dysert is gonna beat out Brock?
No I don't expect him to be anything more than a #3 QB right now which is a spot we needed to fill.

I like the fact that we got a guy to develop than wasting money on retreads like Hainie.

I love the way we are homegrowing positions like OL, QB, RB, DE, DT rather than being deperate and blowing picks on guys who almost busted out of the league like Alex Smith almost did.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #2578
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
The Chiefs just got their QB.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m
ESPN's @FieldYates reports former Tennessee QB Tyler Bray will sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, per source.

This is a fantastic signing for an UDRFA.
I was wondering if they were going to look at the UDFA pool, that was about the best move they have made in the last 2 days.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #2579
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I was wondering if they were going to look at the UDFA pool, that was about the best move they have made in the last 2 days.
Who were KC's bad picks?

I don't know how people don't like Travis Kelce. He was the most productive TE of all the big names last year. He's the fastest too.

He was used primary as a blocker until last year. When he was used as a receiver last year he scored 8 TD's, almost 800 yards and ran all over the place.

I loved that pick. He's like a receiver out there.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #2580
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

The 2014 "conditional" third-round pick the Chiefs owe the 49ers as part of the Alex Smith trade will become a second-rounder if the Chiefs finish 8-8 or better.

WOW. What a great trade KC!!
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #2581
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Tyler Bray might actually pan out very nicely for kc. He's a big kid with a strong arm and a quick release, if Reid can coach him up, he could be a dangerous QB...
Old 05-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #2582
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Who were KC's bad picks?

I don't know how people don't like Travis Kelce. He was the most productive TE of all the big names last year. He's the fastest too.

He was used primary as a blocker until last year. When he was used as a receiver last year he scored 8 TD's, almost 800 yards and ran all over the place.

I loved that pick. He's like a receiver out there.
Maybe it's because some KC fans around here pimp guys like Tony Moeaki and Anthony Fasano as the second coming of Sharpe and TG. So to us you guys selecting another TE must be a wasted pick.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #2583
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

So now that Tyson Clabo is signed with the Fins is Albert stuck on kFc again this year?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/f...olphins-050513
Old 05-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #2584
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So now that Tyson Clabo is signed with the Fins is Albert stuck on kFc again this year?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/f...olphins-050513
good luck starting Jonathan Martin at LT Miami.

I'm glad we didn't do a lateral move. Having 2 quality OT's is never a bad thing.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #2585
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Maybe it's because some KC fans around here pimp guys like Tony Moeaki and Anthony Fasano as the second coming of Sharpe and TG. So to us you guys selecting another TE must be a wasted pick.
Yeah we felt the same way about brokeback fans and Maurice Clarrett i.e. the next TD.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #2586
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Yeah we felt the same way about brokeback fans and Maurice Clarrett i.e. the next TD.
But you forget we had guys like Portis and Anderson after TD who had monster years. Meanwhile kFc is trying to replace TG.

I love that when we had our 1 down year and ended up with the 2nd overall pick we got an impact player who will dominate your team for the next decade. kFc gets the 1st overall and drafts a RT.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #2587
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
But you forget we had guys like Portis and Anderson after TD who had monster years. Meanwhile kFc is trying to replace TG.

I love that when we had our 1 down year and ended up with the 2nd overall pick we got an impact player who will dominate your team for the next decade. kFc gets the 1st overall and drafts a RT.
Who will will play a big part in preventing your 2nd overall pick from coming off the edge.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #2588
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Who will will play a big part in preventing your 2nd overall pick from coming off the edge.
Yawn, is that all you got left in the smack tank? Our 1st over all pick will be a piece that will try to prevent our 2nd overall pick from dominating you?

Love how kFc was forced to make a Need pick over BPA. Just admit the reason they took a flyer on Fisher over Jockel was because they were afraid Miller would destroy him with his speed. Miller essentially dictated what kFc had to do draft wise. That and the fact that Reid thought he could unload the last 1st round LT bust to Miami.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #2589
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
a rookie RT stopping Von? surely you jest.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #2590
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
a rookie RT stopping Von? surely you jest.
Hey, they think Dewayne Bowe is a real WR!

Old 05-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #2591
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Hey, they think Dewayne Bowe is a real WR!

that's at least somewhat plausible. Fisher stopping Von, that's just nonsense.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #2592
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yawn, is that all you got left in the smack tank? Our 1st over all pick will be a piece that will try to prevent our 2nd overall pick from dominating you?

Love how kFc was forced to make a Need pick over BPA. Just admit the reason they took a flyer on Fisher over Jockel was because they were afraid Miller would destroy him with his speed. Miller essentially dictated what kFc had to do draft wise. That and the fact that Reid thought he could unload the last 1st round LT bust to Miami.
No they took Fisher because he was the best player available.

And if you think he wasn't the best player available, let's hear who you thought was.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #2593
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And I hope Von likes double and triple teams, because now that Dumervil is gone, nobody is scared of any other pass rusher on your team outside of him.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #2594
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
good luck starting Jonathan Martin at LT Miami.

I'm glad we didn't do a lateral move. Having 2 quality OT's is never a bad thing.
The Chiefs are renting Albert for one year for $10 million. What are they going to do next year? They didn't draft Fisher #1 to play RT forever. And they're not going to pay Albert LT money to play RT (That's the only way you'll get him to move to RT).

I don't understand paying all that money for a player for one year when this team isn't on the cusp of a Super Bowl. I still don't understand trading for Alex Smith. It's like they're saying, we're content with shooting for 8-8.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #2595
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
The Chiefs are renting Albert for one year for $10 million. What are they going to do next year? They didn't draft Fisher #1 to play RT forever. And they're not going to pay Albert LT money to play RT (That's the only way you'll get him to move to RT).

I don't understand paying all that money for a player for one year when this team isn't on the cusp of a Super Bowl. I still don't understand trading for Alex Smith. It's like they're saying, we're content with shooting for 8-8.
They are working on a long term deal with Albert.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #2596
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

Fisher was the best player in the draft.

The Chiefs will still suck, but they got a great one in Fisher. I look forward to when they trade him away like they do with all of their great players.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #2597
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Fisher was the best player in the draft.

The Chiefs will still suck, but they got a great one in Fisher. I look forward to when they trade him away like they do with all of their great players.
I would think a Bronco fan would be the last person to criticize any team of getting rid of good players since you just gave away one of your best young players for literally nothing and will get nothing in return for him.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #2598
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
They are working on a long term deal with Albert.
So they're going to pay him LT money to play RT?

Or did they draft Fisher #1 to play RT?

Which is it?
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #2599
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I think kc fans are in a bit of denial about the draft. Fisher was not drafted #1 overall to be a RT. Albert is not going to play any other position except LT. Albert wants to be paid like a top 5 LT. KC does not want to pay him as such because Reid knows he's not going to be the LT, Fisher is.

Working on a long term deal with Albert? How?
Old 05-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #2600
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Reid said that if Albert is here, he's the LT. Ian Rappaport said on NFL.com that we are focusing on a long term deal w Albert.

I wanted a QB to stand out in the draft, but it didn't happen. I'm not a big fan of a RT #1, but Eric Fisher is a damn good player. He was the best player this draft had to offer.