The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #351
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,352

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Oh...so he's just doing his constitutional duty?


Kind of odd you say that but mocked a poster when he said it is our constitutional duty to own guns.
I have never said you or anyone don't have a right to own a gun.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #352
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,352

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default wouldn't a billboard be easier

http://nesn.com/2013/05/tim-tebow-fa...s-quarterback/
Quote:
Somehow the word desperate doesn’t seem strong enough in this situation.

Jaguars fans really want Tim Tebow on their squad. That’s why they have filed a petition to President Barack Obama asking that he calls Jacksonville’s general manager, David Caldwell, to demand the team signs Tebow.

The petition, posted to the White House’s We the People page, is titled “Call NFL Jacksonville Jaguars GM David Caldwell and tell him to stop ignoring the Jaguars fans and sign Tim Tebow!” As you can tell, they are exclaiming this demand.

The petition reads:

“Jacksonville Jaguars fans want the team to sign recently released QB Tim Tebow. However, rookie general manager for the Jacksonville Jaguars David Caldwell is blocking this from happening. If the Jaguars sign & START Tebow, home games will be sold out, sales will spike, the team will win and the fans will be happy.Mr. Caldwell is ignoring lots of facts about the misunderstood Tim Tebow while in Denver: Passer rating of 125.6 is highest ever in Broncos postseason history. Most yards per completion (31.6) in NFL playoff history.100.5 QB rating is best ever for a Broncos QB in his first start.Third most passing yards in a game by a Bronco rookie QB. (308, in his 2nd start), First 15+ point comeback in the final 3 minutes of an NFL game since the merger,7 game winning drives in just 16 games!”

The petition sadly only has 144 signatures so far out of the needed 100,000. Jags fans have until May 30 to reach that total. And frankly, there may not be that many Jaguars fans in the world.

Jacksonville fans should have probably started a much broader petition back before free agency started. One that read: “Call NFL Jacksonville Jaguars GM David Caldwell and tell him to stop ignoring the Jaguars fans and sign any quarterback at all so that we don’t have to watch Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne this season!”

It’s doubtful Tebow finds a home at quarterback this offseason since he couldn’t even pass Mark Sanchez on the Jets’ depth chart last season. Surely Jags fans wouldn’t want Sanchez, right?
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #353
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,352

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

At least we know what mcgoober is doing.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #354
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

So it's newsworthy that some paper hat has filed this thing, and somehow reflects on an entire city or class of fans, but it's "sad" that only 144 people have signed it?

I tell you, people look for the worst in their fellow man, because it feeds some part of them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #355
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
at whoever did this. Talk about completely whiffing on the plot. Tebow is far from the first christian in major professional sports. On the contrary, 57% of post game interviews start with thanks to "the man upstairs" & jesus christ.

A swing and a miss.
Tebow doesn't just give the standard "Praise to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ" line. He actively preaches the more controversial tenets of Christianity, like abortion and gay marriage. That's why the media doesn't like him...

Last edited by Pick Six; 05-06-2013 at 11:05 AM..
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #356
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Tebow doesn't just give the standard "Praise to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ" line. He actively preaches the more controversial tenants of Christianity, like abortion and gay marriage. That's why the media doesn't like him...
You're a moron. THE MEDIA LOVES HIM. Not sure how you've missed this.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #357
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Economy is in the tank and continues to worsen, unemployment rate is outrageous with people off the books not even looking for work, the fed is printing money to the point the dollar is bcoming worthless, we have no energy plan other than to throw taxpayer dollars to green companies that will go bankrupt, taxes fees and penalties are bad and getting worse. Obamacare has been called a train wreck by even those who orignally backed the bill-rates will increase for everyone, Congress can't and won't pass a budget - the President's own plan received no votes by even Democrats the last three years because its so outrageous, sequestration orignally a Presidential/Democrat idea cuts no spending only the increased rate of spending yet we are told the world will end - stupid cuts as a political ploy are used to make the public feel pain, gun runner and Beghazi are outright cover-ups, not sure we have a foreign policy other than a weak attempt at finger wagging and red lines that continue to be crossed, the first and second amendments are under attack by the politically correct, we can't say muslim extremists and terrorists don't exist yet we are continually attacked by them, when we are such as in Fort Hood it was work place violence dispite the idiot yelling Allah Akbar and giving muslim briefings, the media is complicit and fails to report anything not part of their agenda, schools teach their form of liberal morailty yet fail to produce kids that can read, write or function in society, the American public is so stupid addicted to drugs, alcohol and lustful sex that they care not to see reality. Good guys like Tebow are villanized and made to be a fool. Forgive me if I could care less about Collins and his lifestyle. Our country is in the final throws of its existance and we are forced to talk about Collins and his sexuality, Brittney without panties and Lohan missing her rehab because thats what the liberals want us focused on.
See something, say something?
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #358
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
This is why it's easy to cheer against the guy. His fans think he should just be given jobs.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #359
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You're a moron. THE MEDIA LOVES HIM. Not sure how you've missed this.
The media loves the controversy he brings.. drives ratings.. I mean look we have a how many page thread on his release to a team that will never sign him again
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #360
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
This is why it's easy to cheer against the guy. His fans think he should just be given jobs.
But don't forget how "sad" it is that only 144 signatures were on it.

That also makes me want to cheer against the guy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #361
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,022

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Economy is in the tank and continues to worsen, unemployment rate is outrageous with people off the books not even looking for work, the fed is printing money to the point the dollar is bcoming worthless, we have no energy plan other than to throw taxpayer dollars to green companies that will go bankrupt, taxes fees and penalties are bad and getting worse. Obamacare has been called a train wreck by even those who orignally backed the bill-rates will increase for everyone, Congress can't and won't pass a budget - the President's own plan received no votes by even Democrats the last three years because its so outrageous, sequestration orignally a Presidential/Democrat idea cuts no spending only the increased rate of spending yet we are told the world will end - stupid cuts as a political ploy are used to make the public feel pain, gun runner and Beghazi are outright cover-ups, not sure we have a foreign policy other than a weak attempt at finger wagging and red lines that continue to be crossed, the first and second amendments are under attack by the politically correct, we can't say muslim extremists and terrorists don't exist yet we are continually attacked by them, when we are such as in Fort Hood it was work place violence dispite the idiot yelling Allah Akbar and giving muslim briefings, the media is complicit and fails to report anything not part of their agenda, schools teach their form of liberal morailty yet fail to produce kids that can read, write or function in society, the American public is so stupid addicted to drugs, alcohol and lustful sex that they care not to see reality. Good guys like Tebow are villanized and made to be a fool. Forgive me if I could care less about Collins and his lifestyle. Our country is in the final throws of its existance and we are forced to talk about Collins and his sexuality, Brittney without panties and Lohan missing her rehab because thats what the liberals want us focused on.
lol
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #362
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Economy is in the tank and continues to worsen, unemployment rate is outrageous with people off the books not even looking for work, the fed is printing money to the point the dollar is bcoming worthless, we have no energy plan other than to throw taxpayer dollars to green companies that will go bankrupt, taxes fees and penalties are bad and getting worse. Obamacare has been called a train wreck by even those who orignally backed the bill-rates will increase for everyone, Congress can't and won't pass a budget - the President's own plan received no votes by even Democrats the last three years because its so outrageous, sequestration orignally a Presidential/Democrat idea cuts no spending only the increased rate of spending yet we are told the world will end - stupid cuts as a political ploy are used to make the public feel pain, gun runner and Beghazi are outright cover-ups, not sure we have a foreign policy other than a weak attempt at finger wagging and red lines that continue to be crossed, the first and second amendments are under attack by the politically correct, we can't say muslim extremists and terrorists don't exist yet we are continually attacked by them, when we are such as in Fort Hood it was work place violence dispite the idiot yelling Allah Akbar and giving muslim briefings, the media is complicit and fails to report anything not part of their agenda, schools teach their form of liberal morailty yet fail to produce kids that can read, write or function in society, the American public is so stupid addicted to drugs, alcohol and lustful sex that they care not to see reality. Good guys like Tebow are villanized and made to be a fool. Forgive me if I could care less about Collins and his lifestyle. Our country is in the final throws of its existance and we are forced to talk about Collins and his sexuality, Brittney without panties and Lohan missing her rehab because thats what the liberals want us focused on.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #363
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Believing it to be a sin is one thing....believing it to be a sin and making it a crime is another wouldn't you agree?

Feel free to continue to hold the Catholics and Protestants in contempt for not agreeing with the homosexual way of life, and feel free to continue to act like our main stream media who to give Islam a pass when it comes to how a religion treats homosexuals...... but please don't take our word on it...read it for yourself.

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Islam_and_Homosexuality

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2011/07/i...d-be-executed/
I am a Catholic and do not hold myself in contempt. I think they / we will eventually pull out heads out and realize that some people are born gay. I had a long discussion with my uncle who is a deacon. It flat out amazed me that they really believe that all gay people choose to be gay. That they could stop being gay if they want to.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #364
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
I am a Catholic and do not hold myself in contempt. I think they / we will eventually pull out heads out and realize that some people are born gay. I had a long discussion with my uncle who is a deacon. It flat out amazed me that they really believe that all gay people choose to be gay. That they could stop being gay if they want to.
It is a choice. Period. Tell me Drunk Monkey, did you choose to sleep with your wife? Did you choose to sleep with all those girls before you got married?

All sexuality is a choice. Do you choose to J-O to porn? It's a choice. All sexuality is a choice. The man who rapes a woman chooses to do so. The man who molests a child does so by choice. The bisexual who sleeps with a man one night and a woman the next does so by choice.

Simply because a hetero like yourself and like me doesn't understand this choice, does not mean it is NOT a choice. It is a choice, regardless of how people try to justify it.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #365
DenverDynamite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It is a choice. Period. Tell me Drunk Monkey, did you choose to sleep with your wife? Did you choose to sleep with all those girls before you got married?

All sexuality is a choice. Do you choose to J-O to porn? It's a choice. All sexuality is a choice. The man who rapes a woman chooses to do so. The man who molests a child does so by choice. The bisexual who sleeps with a man one night and a woman the next does so by choice.

Simply because a hetero like yourself and like me doesn't understand this choice, does not mean it is NOT a choice. It is a choice, regardless of how people try to justify it.
So as a straight guy are you then attracted to men, but just CHOOSE not to have sex with them?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #366
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,352

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It is a choice. Period. Tell me Drunk Monkey, did you choose to sleep with your wife? Did you choose to sleep with all those girls before you got married?

All sexuality is a choice. Do you choose to J-O to porn? It's a choice. All sexuality is a choice. The man who rapes a woman is a choice. The man who molests a child does so by choice. The bisexual who sleeps with a man one night and a woman the next does so by choice.

Simply because a hetero like yourself and like me doesn't understand this choice, does not mean it is NOT a choice. It is a choice, regardless of how people try to justify it.
So you,yes you,have every desire to sleep with men,but choose to sleep with a women.
Sexuality isn't dictated by what you do,but what you feel. You sleep with women cause you in your heart desire a woman. A men sleeps with a men because in their heart they desire a men. There are gay priests,that honor their vows,and guess what they're still gay.
It's not a choice.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #367
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDynamite View Post
So as a straight guy are you then attracted to men, but just CHOOSE not to have sex with them?
I'm attracted to women, all sorts of women, that doesn't mean I try to have sex with every one I meet.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #368
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,700

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

15 pages later and Tebow getting cut turns into whether sexual orientation is a choice.

I love the Mane.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #369
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
So you,yes you,have every desire to sleep with men,but choose to sleep with a women. Sexuality isn't dictated by what you do,but what you feel. You sleep with women cause you in your heart desire a woman. A men sleeps with a men because in their heart they desire a men. There are gay priests,that honor their vows,and guess what they're still gay. It's not a choice.
I disagree. Sexuality is an act. You have to act on it for it to become a sexual reality. Like I said, I don't know why men sleep with men, I don't understand that attraction. However, I do recognize that people have sexual desires. You do have a choice, either act on those sexual desires or abstain. It's a choice. People like you don't understand this choice so you try to justify it by saying "it's not a choice." But it is. Just like masturbation is a choice. All sexuality, that is, the act of having sex IS a choice.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #370
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,352

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I'm attracted to women, all sorts of women, that doesn't mean I try to have sex with every one I meet.
This isn't about having sex with everyone you meet. Gay men or women aren't looking to have sex with everyone they meet either.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #371
DenverDynamite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I'm attracted to women, all sorts of women, that doesn't mean I try to have sex with every one I meet.
Promiscuity has nothing to do with sexual orientation. The fact that you are physically attracted to women makes you straight, just like a guy who is physically attracted to other men is gay. That part is not a choice, that's who you are, that's how your brain is hardwired.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #372
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,352

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I disagree. Sexuality is an act. You have to act on it for it to become a sexual real. Like I said, I don't know why men sleep with men, I don't understand that attraction. However, I do recognize that people have sexual desires. You do have a choice, either act on those sexual desires or abstain. It's a choice. People like you don't understand this choice so you try to justify it by saying "it's not a choice." But it is. Just like masturbation is a choice. All sexuality, that is, the act of having sex IS a choice.
What makes a person gay is their desire to be with someone of the same sex. The actual sex is not required.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #373
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I disagree. Sexuality is an act. You have to act on it for it to become a sexual real. Like I said, I don't know why men sleep with men, I don't understand that attraction. However, I do recognize that people have sexual desires. You do have a choice, either act on those sexual desires or abstain. It's a choice. People like you don't understand this choice so you try to justify it by saying "it's not a choice." But it is. Just like masturbation is a choice. All sexuality, that is, the act of having sex IS a choice.
I think people are misunderstanding you, Tombstone. I want to help with the clarification. You are saying that the act, ITSELF, is a choice (which would be a true statement). How about those desires? Are the DESIRES of a man to sleep with a man, a choice? I think that's the heart of the issue...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #374
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,390

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

I'm attracted to cookies.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #375
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDynamite View Post
Promiscuity has nothing to do with sexual orientation. The fact that you are physically attracted to women makes you straight, just like a guy who is physically attracted to other men is gay. That part is not a choice, that's who you are, that's how your brain is hardwired.
I disagree. Sexuality does not define who we are. It's a part of us, yes, but it is not "who we are." Our society has a massive problem with sex and the billion dollar a year porn industry is example A.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Denver Broncos