The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Default OT: Game of Thrones Non-Spoiler Thread (for those who haven't read the books)

Normally, having two threads on the same TV series would be overkill, but the "official" GoT thread is just crammed with spoilers, both intentional and accidental, from those of us who have read the books.

Having read all 5 books myself, I don't intend to post much in this thread, but I am interested in reading the comments, observations and even few predictions of those of you who are simply watching the show.

So, NO SPOILERS in this thread - - not even in spoiler brackets - - from the books, please. If you have read the books, please think twice about posting anything here.

As for the rest of you, any thoughts to date? I'm sure we'd love to hear them.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

You really think we need a thread for this? Why dilute the discussion in the other thread
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
You really think we need a thread for this? Why dilute the discussion in the other thread
Did you read what he just posted
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Merge? Mods?
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
lolcopter

separate threads for this show is a good idea because book readers are a-holes and can ruin everything for tv watchers

TV SHOW DISCUSSION ONLY ITT

crazy episode this week, fwiw... seems like they're still laying the ground work for something big

i deliberately have been avoiding that other thread because of all the spoilers (marked or not)
Old 05-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #6
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Yes, I do. I took the time to read through the other thread, and even though most posters have tried to avoid talking about spoilers from the books, many have still been revealed and several people, who have not read the books, have already complained about them and are avoiding that thread for exactly that reason.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

THANK YOU. I haven't dropped in on the other thread since the first week it was up, but being familiar with the, uh, tact and conscientiousness of most this board, I assumed it was riddled with spoilers.

I've had friends who have read the books. I assume they're good books! But some of the people who've read them are the worst people on Earth. Literally had to walk out of rooms when, after multiple requests to stop, Mr/Mrs "I've Read All the Books!" won't stop dropping hints with a self-satisfied smile.

But, yeah, actually haven't seen this week's yet. But as soon as I do I will update my Most ****ed list. That's one of the fun parts of the show; 10x a week I say out loud "oh, they're so screwed." But sometimes something happens and they weasel out, or something happens to someone who looked safe.

Last edited by Kid A; 05-06-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #8
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

still waiting for the library to release me season 1 so i can see wha the fuss is about
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #9
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Its starting to lose my interest.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Since Khaleesi went badass the rest of the episodes have just been setting up the pieces like in chess. Dont lose interest. Once the pieces are in place- who knows what GRRM has in mind.

I think this past episode covered that quite well. With all of the subtle hints.

Littlefingers little monologue was awesome!
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Question:

Are we supposed to assume that Sansa was crying because the ship at sea was a symbolic representation of her chance to get away? Or are we supposed to think that Littlefinger was actually on board the ship, so that she'd lost her actual chance to escape with him?
Old 05-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #12
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Knowing how things unfold I can not answer your question. They way I perceived it when I was watching last night was that she thought she was going to be on that ship and now her only chance to leave is gone.

However, that may or may not be antyhing close to what it is actually supposed to mean. Sorry cant hep out more, but thats how I saw it.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Question:

Are we supposed to assume that Sansa was crying because the ship at sea was a symbolic representation of her chance to get away? Or are we supposed to think that Littlefinger was actually on board the ship, so that she'd lost her actual chance to escape with him?
I assumed the first because of whats to come and he because he was narrating to Varys as that scene was shown.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #14
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

What if I read half the books? Do I have to post half here and half on the other thread?
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
What if I read half the books? Do I have to post half here and half on the other thread?
Yes, but this rule applies only to you.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #16
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Dang! oh well. I love......(to be cont. on other thread)
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #17
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

I'm intentionally not reading the books so I can enjoy the show, so I do appreciate this thread. Every movie book combo I've watched, I read the book first and invariably was disappointing in the movie.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #18
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
I'm intentionally not reading the books so I can enjoy the show, so I do appreciate this thread. Every movie book combo I've watched, I read the book first and invariably was disappointing in the movie.
I think this one might be the other way around. The tv episode process has imposed a discipline on it, I think. I thing we're in for a tighter experience with the show than the books -- which have expanded in to bloated length.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #19
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Question:

She was supposed to marry,insert name,only see him sail away cause she's being married to tyrian lannister. Was stated in previous episode.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #20
BroncsCheer

She's bummed because of losing Loras and learning she gets Tyrion instead.

She should start growing up and learn how to play the game.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #21
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They all die.
Every...single...one.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #22
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Sansa was upset because Littlefinger offered to take her to the Eyrie, but she refused because she thought she'd be marrying Loras, and now that she has to marry Tyrion she realizes she made a horrible mistake by not going with Littlefinger. Hence her crying as his ship sails away.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #23
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I do have to say that the show this year is more interesting for me. I now look forward to the show rather then just watching because it's something to watch.

Still, it doesn't nearly get me as excited to watch as these current premium series. This is my ranking of the current series (premium channels only, none of that TNT or FX crap and no local channels crap either, CIS....ugh).

Dexter
Homeland
Shameless
The Newsroom
The Borgias
Game Of Thrones
Californication

And these were some really great series that are not on anymore. I highly recommend them all for anybody to go rent or buy the DVD series.

Sleeper Cell
The Wire
The Tudors
Big Love
Weeds
Eastbound and Down
Deadwood
Oz
Six Feet Under
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:00 AM   #24
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I do have to say that the show this year is more interesting for me. I now look forward to the show rather then just watching because it's something to watch.

Still, it doesn't nearly get me as excited to watch as these current premium series. This is my ranking of the current series (premium channels only, none of that TNT or FX crap and no local channels crap either, CIS....ugh).

Dexter
Homeland
Shameless
The Newsroom
The Borgias
Game Of Thrones
Californication

And these were some really great series that are not on anymore. I highly recommend them all for anybody to go rent or buy the DVD series.

Sleeper Cell
The Wire
The Tudors
Big Love
Weeds
Eastbound and Down
Deadwood
Oz
Six Feet Under
I absolutely love HBO and Showtime.

While the shows you listed are good, Game of Thrones is by far the best show I have watched on television. Ever.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #25
BroncsCheer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post

Dexter
Homeland
Shameless
The Newsroom
The Borgias
Game Of Thrones
Californication

Sleeper Cell
The Wire
The Tudors
Big Love
Weeds
Eastbound and Down
Deadwood
Oz
Six Feet Under
This list is incomplete without Breaking Bad ans Sons of Anarchy

BrBa is the best TV show ever. SoIaF is top 5 epic series ever.