The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #101
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Rockies finally pulled one out tonight..... Hope Gregorius is fine.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #102
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

The Tigers ass throttled the Astros 17-2 today.

I know I'm biased, but I've watched a lot of baseball in my life and Miguel Cabrera is one of the best hitters I've ever seen. I watch him play almost every night and a continually amazed at how smart of a hitter he is at the plate. It's worth the price of admission to watch that dude rake.

4 for 4 with 2 HRs and 6 RBIs today. Batting .390 on the season with 6 HRs and 36 RBIs in 29 games.

The Tigers have the bats and the starting pitching to win the World Series....they just need to play solid defense and get some solid relief pitching and they should be in the mix.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #103
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Justin Verlander took a no-hitter into the 7th inning today, before giving up a hit with one out.

JV already has 2 no hitters in his career and has had some other very close calls.

4-2 with an ERA of 1.55 on the season and it looks like his velocity is kicking up a notch with each start.

The Astros are futile this year....8 and 24 on the season and Detroit outscored them 37-8 in a 4 game sweep.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #104
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Verlander and Felix, top two in the game. Justin is so much fun to watch.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #105
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Felix is a lot of fun to watch as well.

Felix pitched a gem against Toronto the other night.

Both pitchers are off to similar starts this season:

JV: 4-2 with a 1.55 ERA and 50 Ks.

Felix: 4-2 with a 1.60 ERA and 51 Ks.

Watching great pitchers like those 2 ply their trade is beautiful to watch.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 05-05-2013 at 07:33 PM..
Old 05-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #106
bombay
Ring of Famer

Cardinals just keep rolling along.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #107
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Thank god my GIANTS own him! Specially Panda!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #108
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Did anyone see Donnie Dum Dum waste an out trying to bunt Dee Gordon over to second? Like the guy can't steal second himself. The fact that it took them so long to call up Gordon in the first place just shows how bad the managing is in LA. Sellers is hot garbage, Gordon has already has more RBI's in 7 at bats then Sellers had in 68. Also he is batting .429 vs .191. Small sample size but, Gordon is just flat out better then Sellers.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #109
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
The Tigers ass throttled the Astros 17-2 today.

I know I'm biased, but I've watched a lot of baseball in my life and Miguel Cabrera is one of the best hitters I've ever seen. I watch him play almost every night and a continually amazed at how smart of a hitter he is at the plate. It's worth the price of admission to watch that dude rake.

4 for 4 with 2 HRs and 6 RBIs today. Batting .390 on the season with 6 HRs and 36 RBIs in 29 games.

The Tigers have the bats and the starting pitching to win the World Series....they just need to play solid defense and get some solid relief pitching and they should be in the mix, and hope to god they don't have to face the Giants!
Fixed!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #110
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Did anyone see Donnie Dum Dum waste an out trying to bunt Dee Gordon over to second? Like the guy can't steal second himself. The fact that it took them so long to call up Gordon in the first place just shows how bad the managing is in LA. Sellers is hot garbage, Gordon has already has more RBI's in 7 at bats then Sellers had in 68. Also he is batting .429 vs .191. Small sample size but, Gordon is just flat out better then Sellers.
Yup... they fooled their fan base that their 200 + million payroll would buy them a ring. Lol! They have the same wins that the Pads and have a payroll that is almost 3 times what the Pads pay.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #111
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Yup... they fooled their fan base that their 200 + million payroll would buy them a ring. Lol! They have the same wins that the Pads and have a payroll that is almost 3 times what the Pads pay.
It's coaching it's not the players.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #112
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Thank god my GIANTS own him! Specially Panda!!!
What's up with Tim Lincecum's new haircut?

He looks like a 40 year old lesbian now.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Old 05-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #113
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's coaching it's not the players.
While true that their GM sucks, they aren't the one out there batting. They have a bunch of "superstars" that can't hit with RISP even if they life depended on it. They have no clue what is the meaning of clutch. Feel so sry for Kershaw. He is my favorite player outside my Giants.

Mattingly does suck, but his players have been in position to win games or do something when it must count, yet they have failed most of the time.

The season is still young, they will get healthier and put a better product on the field. But will it be enough to keep that pace with SF and COL?
Old 05-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #114
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
What's up with Tim Lincecum's new haircut?

He looks like a 40 year old lesbian now.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
!!! I know!!! Dude totally lost his mojo (he has been servicable this year though)!!!

Last edited by Heyneck; 05-05-2013 at 08:07 PM..
Old 05-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #115
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
While true that their GM sucks, they aren't the one out there batting. They have a bunch of "superstars" that can't hit with RISP even if they life depended on it. They have no clue what is the meaning of clutch. Feel so sry for Kershaw. He is my favorite player outside my Giants.

Mattingly does suck, but his players have been in position to win games or do something when it must count, yet they have failed most of the time.

The season is still young, they will get healthier and put a better product on the field. But will it be enough to keep that pace with SF and COL?
My brother is a Giants fan an he even knows that Donnie is the reason they are not winning. He changes the line up every day and plays AL ball. Puig needa to be moved up and Either needs traded for a 2nd baseman. Like I said earlier Dee Gordon should have been the SS all year not Sellers. That is poor coaching decision making.

Hopefully this gets Donnie fired and Bobby Cox is brought in.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #116
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
My brother is a Giants fan an he even knows that Donnie is the reason they are not winning. He changes the line up every day and plays AL ball. Puig needa to be moved up and Either needs traded for a 2nd baseman. Like I said earlier Dee Gordon should have been the SS all year not Sellers. That is poor coaching decision making.

Hopefully this gets Donnie fired and Bobby Cox is brought in.
Again, agree Mattingly has done a terrible job, but again... is not like their player aren't underachieving. Kershaw has the same number of HR as Kemp. Lol!!! That overpaid lineup has no chemistry. Their SP have sucked outside of Kershaw and maybe Ryu.

Again, totally agree that Mattingly is their main problem, but they have to clean house and start building and believing in their farm system.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #117
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Again, agree Mattingly has done a terrible job, but again... is not like their player aren't underachieving. Kershaw has the same number of HR as Kemp. Lol!!! That overpaid lineup has no chemistry. Their SP have sucked outside of Kershaw and maybe Ryu.

Again, totally agree that Mattingly is their main problem, but they have to clean house and start building and believing in their farm system.
Kemp is coming back from shoulder surgery, I'm not sure why you don't think that is the issue with his power right now. Again it is hard to get chemistry with a retard manager changing the line up everyday. LA had one game where it could have had the full line up and he sat Crawford to rest him. That was just last week.

Also I knew you would talk about the farm system. It is now ranked 13th, while the Giants is ranked last. Puig is the 8th ranked player, Joc Pederson is 38, and Zac Lee is 51. They are rebuilding the farm, it just takes more then a season. Also the GM doesn't bring up young talent. He sucks too!!! Puig and Pederson play OF, so Ethier should be turned into a 2nd and Puig should be brought up.
Van Slyke should be brought up to back up first base if Gonzo is out for a long period of time. He is tearing it up in AAA and deserves a shot. He's only hitting .404 with 9 homeruns, 27 rbis, and slugging percentage of .760. We will still go with Urine instead though because he is so f'ing great.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 05-05-2013 at 09:19 PM..
Old 05-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #118
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Kemp is coming back from shoulder surgery, I'm not sure why you don't think that is the issue with his power right now. Again it is hard to get chemistry with a retard manager changing the line up everyday. LA had one game where it could have had the full line up and he sat Crawford to rest him. That was just last week.

Also I knew you would talk about the farm system. It is now ranked 13th, while the Giants is ranked last. Puig is the 8th ranked player, Joc Pederson is 38, and Zac Lee is 51. They are rebuilding the farm, it just takes more then a season. Also the GM doesn't bring up young talent. He sucks too!!! Puig and Pederson play OF, so Either should be turned into a 2nd and Puig should be brought up.
Van Slyke should be brought up to back up first base if Gonzo is out for a long period of time. He is tearing it up in AAA and deserves a shot. He's only hitting .404 with 9 homeruns, 27 rbis, and slugging percentage of .760. We will still go with Urine instead though because he is so f'ing great.
Who cares what our current farm system looks like right now? About 90% of our roster is homegrown. Our core players are signed for the long run. Plus if there's something that Saban is good at, is at building and stacking up our farm. He rarely trades our top prospects... (cough cough Zack Wheeler... though he is sucking in AAA).

LA has a lot of problems right now. Kemp has been struggling since last year and they have been hit hard by the injury bug. Still that is no excuse. In 2011 not once during the whole season did we start our projected lineup, we still ended up wining 86 games.

You guys can hit for singles, but cant hit a lick for power. Puig is not a power hitter, you could end up bringing a player and shatter his confidence if he doesn't do well like Bochy did with Belt the first couple of times they brought him up.

PS. Cruz should not be MLB player.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #119
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Who cares what our current farm system looks like right now? About 90% of our roster is homegrown. Our core players are signed for the long run. Plus if there's something that Saban is good at, is at building and stacking up our farm. He rarely trades our top prospects... (cough cough Zack Wheeler... though he is sucking in AAA).

LA has a lot of problems right now. Kemp has been struggling since last year and they have been hit hard by the injury bug. Still that is no excuse. In 2011 not once during the whole season did we start our projected lineup, we still ended up wining 86 games.

You guys can hit for singles, but cant hit a lick for power. Puig is not a power hitter, you could end up bringing a player and shatter his confidence if he doesn't do well like Bochy did with Belt the first couple of times they brought him up.

PS. Cruz should not be MLB player.
Puig is not a power hitter WOW
Old 05-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #120
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Puig is not a power hitter WOW
yeah! I stand by that! The dude has hit only 3 doubles, 1 triple and 5 HR in 19 hits out of 66 AB. Sure, the HR % number is pretty nice... but that is in freaking AA! Lol!!! Buster Posey skipped AA because the FO knew he would rape the hell out of that league.

You guys bring up Puig and if he struggles you will shatter his confidence with the crappy chemistry in that club.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #121
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
yeah! I stand by that! The dude has hit only 3 doubles, 1 triple and 5 HR in 19 hits out of 66 AB. Sure, the HR % number is pretty nice... but that is in freaking AA! Lol!!! Buster Posey skipped AA because the FO knew he would rape the hell out of that league.

You guys bring up Puig and if he struggles you will shatter his confidence with the crappy chemistry in that club.
, I'm not even going to justify this with anymore responses. If you don't know why Puig is stuck in the minors right now I don't know what to tell you.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #122
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
, I'm not even going to justify this with anymore responses. If you don't know why Puig is stuck in the minors right now I don't know what to tell you.
Because that Magical FO of yours is spending a huge amount of cash on 3 OF... with what Puig is making you could say 4. And he ain't even contributing to the team lol. Kemp is sucking bad, Either is way overrated, and Crawford is the only one of the that is constantly producing. Though he is starting to come down to earth after his hot start. And that even makes it worst for you right now, because about the only chance of seeing Puig come up is for 1 of them getting injured for the long run or traded. And the most obvious choice for those categories would be Crawford but by the way things are going that is unlikely to happen.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #123
bombay
Ring of Famer

Cardinal rookie Shelby Miller gave up a hit to open the game last night against the Rockies, then recorded 27 consecutive outs. 13 Ks. One of the better pitching performances I've ever seen.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #124
bombay
Ring of Famer

After three innings today, the Rockies have made 36 consecutive outs.

43 consecutive Rockies were retired before Helton walked in the 5th.

Last edited by bombay; 05-11-2013 at 12:31 PM..
Old 05-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #125
bombay
Ring of Famer

Rockies break up Wainwright's no hit attempt with one out in the 8th. They made 48 outs between hits.