The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default 1989 playoff games--Rams @ NYG (flipper anderson still running) and PITT @ Denver

It's a youtube link I came across...just some nice nostalgic viewing if you're craving GREAT football on this Sunday afternoon.....IMHO the golden age of football was 1985-2000. It's been regressing since then..when I'm a grandpa my kids will probably be on the ColoradoCrushmane and laughing at Grandpa watching that silly game where you use your hands to carry a ball yet call it "football".....

txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Little off topic, but I was cleaning out the TV cabinet and I found an unmarked DVD that turned out to be the 9-9-2007 game Denver at Buffalo.

Wow, Cutler was a different man back then - stout build, running the option play. Six seasons later the beetus and Chicago's OL has taken a toll on him. I saw a couple CHI games last year, and he didn't look to be the same man. Six season's shouldn't have taken that much of a toll, dude is only 30 years old. Maybe Chicago's new regime has that OL built up enough to prolong his career.

Also, that 2007 Denver roster was the suck. Jebus. Sam Adams, Simeon Rice, Amon Gordon, John Engleberger, Alvin McKinley, Nick Ferguson, Nate Webster, Jamie Winborn, Ian Gold, Jeff Shoate, Todd Sauerbrun, Chad Mustard, draft picks Jarvis Moss, Tim Crowder, Marcus Thomas. Nate Jackson robbing a roster spot, big FA and trade guys Henry, Daniel Graham and Javon Walker didn't produce. DC Jim Bates was supposed to be a dynamite guy after being out of the NFL for a year, well, um, yeah. Bates is fired mid-season, Bob Slowik takes over as DC.

They managed a 7-9 season thanks to Brandon Marshall, Scheffler, Stokley, Selvin Young, Dre Bly, Champ Bailey, Jason Elam, Cutler 20 TD and 14 INT's.

Here's the roster and stats: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/den/2007.htm

320 pts scored, 409 pts allowed. 2008 wasnt much better, 370 pts scored vs. 448 pts allowed, minus-17 turnover differential.

Ah, the bad old days. Carry on . . . .
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
extralife
Ring of Famer

hey, that Steelers game was the first game I ever went to
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
hey, that Steelers game was the first game I ever went to
Merril Hoge STEAM ROLLED us that game...I actually have the Eagles @ Denver game from 1989 on DVD (our defense was highly rated that year--best in the AFC) and we had made Keith Byars and the EAGLES, who were not known for their RUNNING prowess in 1989, look like OJ Simpson and the 1980 Oklahoma sooners!

The physical differences between the AFC teams and NFC teams in the 1980s was UNREAL.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

First EVER NFL PRIMETIME on ESPN week 1 1987 season...Broncos BANG Seattle and Brian Bosworth..................
Old 05-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Old 05-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

30:23 mark--Broncos-Seahawks highlights...