The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #201
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Like I mentioned earlier, I would argue that it's not a genetic defect. The main benefit is that it's a form of population control. Unless they go the invitro route, a gay couple will never have kids. And if they wanted kids, they can go the previously mentioned route or adopt. The latter in particular would be a great benefit since there are so many kids without parents in this country as well other places in the world. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford to adopt a million kids like Angelina.
Interesting so you are saying that some sort of evolution is causing more people to be gay because of overpopulation. I'm not sure about that but its an interesting theory. I still believe though why people gay is not important. We don't tell people you have to be normal to get all the protection the constitution and human rights in general give us. Be gay if you want, marry if you want. I only ever argued that i felt people do have a choice to be gay, or bi or straight. If we raise kids that being gay is cool and totally normal then IMO you will see more gay people. The flip side of that also true. I don't believe there is some sort of evolution in anything except how society gets more tolerant.

Also i point out that IMO the media really pushing being gay is cool while at the same time bashing things like Tebow being a virgin. They make fun of that on tv shows. etc etc.

Does anyone thing why people are gay has any bearing on how they should be treated?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #202
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
.....yeah but like they say, you can paint a thousand pictures and never be called an artist, but you suck one dick, you're a f-aggo-t for life.
Well chopping down one tree doesn't make you a lumberjack. The fact men and women will try homosexual activities then still be str8 says to me its not genetic. You can't fight genetics IMO. Unless people are saying there is also a bi gene, a str8 gene, a sometimes bi but mostly str8 gene, a gay gene and on and on. I think its more that humans are really horny and like sex. Some probably get bored I guess? Or maybe just one person of the same sex ever attracted you to them? Hell I don't know and i don't care really. To each his own.

But i do personally find it hard to understand how a man could want a man more then a woman. I mean I guess if you have life in prison or something lol.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #203
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
I dunno...I've met several lesbians who said they decided to be with women because they were "tired of men and their bull****"......which is puzzling because they dated pretty manly looking (butch) women.

If you're a woman who likes women, why would you be with a woman who looked and acted like a man?
People can be bi to, so it doesnt have to be one or the other for everyone

I dont know why lesbians think they way they do, but a butch woman is still a woman and still quite different from a man

Maybe they are looking for a strong male like companion but are not physically attracted to men
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #204
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Interesting so you are saying that some sort of evolution is causing more people to be gay because of overpopulation. I'm not sure about that but its an interesting theory. I still believe though why people gay is not important. We don't tell people you have to be normal to get all the protection the constitution and human rights in general give us. Be gay if you want, marry if you want. I only ever argued that i felt people do have a choice to be gay, or bi or straight. If we raise kids that being gay is cool and totally normal then IMO you will see more gay people. The flip side of that also true. I don't believe there is some sort of evolution in anything except how society gets more tolerant.

Also i point out that IMO the media really pushing being gay is cool while at the same time bashing things like Tebow being a virgin. They make fun of that on tv shows. etc etc.

Does anyone thing why people are gay has any bearing on how they should be treated?
I don't think it's fair that the media bashed Tebow for being a virgin. Just like I don't think being gay should have a bearing on how they should be treated. You're a good person or bad person regardless of something like sexual orientation or religion. But it's still a stigma. Probably because the two seem to be so at odd with each other.

And yes, I agree that the "why" part shouldn't matter. It doesn't work like that yet though. It's why gay marriage is such a hot topic these days.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #205
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Well chopping down one tree doesn't make you a lumberjack. The fact men and women will try homosexual activities then still be str8 says to me its not genetic. You can't fight genetics IMO. Unless people are saying there is also a bi gene, a str8 gene, a sometimes bi but mostly str8 gene, a gay gene and on and on. I think its more that humans are really horny and like sex. Some probably get bored I guess? Or maybe just one person of the same sex ever attracted you to them? Hell I don't know and i don't care really. To each his own.

But i do personally find it hard to understand how a man could want a man more then a woman. I mean I guess if you have life in prison or something lol.
lol any guy who engages in homosexual activities is not straight
Straight guys dont "experiment" with other guys
Ever
Old 05-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #206
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So are people born to kill? and if they are born killers, then do they too fall under your "normal" theory?

It's been well documented that many serial killers held jobs, and blended in socially, some were respected members of their communities and kept their "secret" for long periods of time, basically until they got caught.
I'm sorry but serial killers? I guess I will take the same stance with rapists and child molesters as I do with serial killers. It's the environment more than anything hereditary.

Basically we're going in circles about this. You feel that it's a choice, while I feel that it's more hereditary and outside the realm of choice.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #207
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
People can be bi to, so it doesnt have to be one or the other for everyone

I dont know why lesbians think they way they do, but a butch woman is still a woman and still quite different from a man

Maybe they are looking for a strong male like companion but are not physically attracted to men
Also maybe because when it comes to the opposite gender, we never quite understand each other as well as we would like. Whereas theoretically we would with the same gender.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #208
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
lol any guy who engages in homosexual activities is not straight
Straight guys dont "experiment" with other guys
Ever
What if a man who is gay whole life tries one time with a woman? Does that make him str8? So then if a man has sex with another man once is he gay? or BI? Are you saying there is no bi just confused homos?

I'm not saying I couldn't change my mind but it seems to me that to be gay you would have to know in your heart only men turn you on. If you thought inside 100% i love women, but you have one gay experience, I'm not sure that makes you gay. I guess those people could all just be in denial but certainly there are lots of shades of gay in gay lol. In other words its a grey gay area!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #209
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Homosexuality has been prevalent in the animal kingdom since forever. Nothing new here. Good for Collins. Considering the climate of the NBA and generally the African-American communities negative views on homosexuals, this was a very hard thing to do for him. It is great to see people being proactive and forward about it.

I'm sure the same people laughing at those calling him "brave" would have said the same thing about Rosa Parks when she stood up not only for her rights, but for all those who would follow in her footsteps when she refused to move on that bus.

Wrong. There were no whites in the south laughing at Rosa Parks. Instead they were incensed. She was immediately arrested, and her and her supporters, including MLK, were unmercifully harrassed and intimidated as they boycotted the segregated bus system. The media merely reported, they did not intervene.

What I suspect people are laughing at are the media and others that are trying their best to make Collins out as a hero of civil rights like Rosa Parks. Collins was not arrested for obvious reasons, and there is no evidence of harassment nor intimidation; but instead he is the toast of the town. The media love him and will protect him from any backlash. Rosa Parks got no such consideration or treatment.

He is no such hero, maybe 20 or 30 years ago, but not today. People remember and respect Rosa Parks nearly 60 years after her very brave act. Collins is a marginal player that no one had heard of just a month ago. In 5 years, highly doubtful we will remember him.

Now, if he came out and said he voted for Romney, then that would be brave!
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #210
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
so please explain this Jason Collins guy who obviously was attracted to women, and had sex with women...was even engaged to a woman....then he decided he was gay.
So you, being Jason Collins, knew whether or not he was attracted to the women he slept with?

I've had girlfriends. I have had sex with my girlfriends. I knew at the time I was gay as a $3 bill. I used them to deflect questions into my personal life and to stop people with a narrow viewpoint who could hurt me from causing that pain. And a decent person hates the fact they have to use people who have done them no wrong to hide from bull**** from ignorant people. It made me a hypocrite.

Your assertion that Collins suddenly became gay is bordering on the obnoxious. You keep questioning why a guy with NBA level talent would want to avoid being seen as less then a hypermasculine ball player. He did it to fulfill the expectations of his family, friends, agents, fans and teammates. He buried a critical part of himself to play a sport he loves. Apparently he got tired of the act.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #211
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
What if a man who is gay whole life tries one time with a woman? Does that make him str8? So then if a man has sex with another man once is he gay? or BI? Are you saying there is no bi just confused homos?

I'm not saying I couldn't change my mind but it seems to me that to be gay you would have to know in your heart only men turn you on. If you thought inside 100% i love women, but you have one gay experience, I'm not sure that makes you gay. I guess those people could all just be in denial but certainly there are lots of shades of gay in gay lol. In other words its a grey gay area!
If a guy is having sex with another guy, he has some sort of desire to do so
I dont think straight guys would ever have that desire, it is not something that just happens by accident
In fact I think it is safe to assume the huge majority of straight guys would be repulsed at the idea

That desire has always been there, but the reasons they dont act can vary from not wanting people to know they are gay to they are bi and are fine with women but would also go with a guy if the opportunity arose

There is bi, I know people who are bi
I dont consider them straight, but then again I dont get hung up too much on labeling them one way or the other
Old 05-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #212
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
If a guy is having sex with another guy, he has some sort of desire to do so
I dont think straight guys would ever have that desire, it is not something that just happens by accident
In fact I think it is safe to assume the huge majority of straight guys would be repulsed at the idea

That desire has always been there, but the reasons they dont act can vary from not wanting people to know they are gay to they are bi and are fine with women but would also go with a guy if the opportunity arose

There is bi, I know people who are bi
I dont consider them straight, but then again I dont get hung up too much on labeling them one way or the other
I used to be repulsed by the thought of it but after growing up am just in the who cares whatever floats your boat. I just argue that being straight is normal and liking gay sex is some sort of kinky behavoir that most likely is not genetic, but more a choice influenced by environment or factors other then genetics. But who knows and really it doesn't matter.

Does riding one wave make you a surfer lol? You can come up with 1000's of these jokes.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:06 AM   #213
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

i said on the Tebow thread. who gives a rats ass @ a persons personal sex life? i dont. I Dont Care. and yet we just Have to hear about it w/ some media darling "comes out".
im not a Tebow fan but he gets crap for celebrating his christinaty but someone says "im Gay" and they get all the positive press in the world.
what is it in the gay DNA that makes it mandatory to announce it? the rest of the world doesnt want to hear about it. your gay, fine be gay. why do yoiu have to announce it to the world?
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #214
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
I'm sorry but serial killers? I guess I will take the same stance with rapists and child molesters as I do with serial killers. It's the environment more than anything hereditary.
That is highly debatable. There is considerable evidence to indicate that each of those is naturally wired somewhat differently. Serial killers for instance usually grow up in dysfunctional homes, but no moreso than many others who grow up to be non-violent, semi-normal people. If it's 100% environment, certain conditions should always produce serial killers, and that simply isn't the case. In fact it's a very tiny percentage of people who go that route even with the traditional markers of a serial killer background. Hell, some of them seem to actually have fairly healthy childhoods.

That said, lumping gay people in with these serial killers or other such "monsters" is disgusting, and people need to stop doing it.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #215
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
That is highly debatable. There is considerable evidence to indicate that each of those is naturally wired somewhat differently. Serial killers for instance usually grow up in dysfunctional homes, but no moreso than many others who grow up to be non-violent, semi-normal people. If it's 100% environment, certain conditions should always produce serial killers, and that simply isn't the case. In fact it's a very tiny percentage of people who go that route even with the traditional markers of a serial killer background. Hell, some of them seem to actually have fairly healthy childhoods.

That said, lumping gay people in with these serial killers or other such "monsters" is disgusting, and people need to stop doing it
Thank you!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #216
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
i said on the Tebow thread. who gives a rats ass @ a persons personal sex life? i dont. I Dont Care. and yet we just Have to hear about it w/ some media darling "comes out".
im not a Tebow fan but he gets crap for celebrating his christinaty but someone says "im Gay" and they get all the positive press in the world.
what is it in the gay DNA that makes it mandatory to announce it? the rest of the world doesnt want to hear about it. your gay, fine be gay. why do yoiu have to announce it to the world?
Why do you feel the need to talk?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #217
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Normal is the ability to write, not the hand you write with.

You want to be too generic. I can take this topic and simplify it. An adult male having sex is normal. An adult male having sex with another man is not normal. It doesn't matter if it has been going on for years, it doesn't make it normal. They say prostitution is the oldest profession but I highly doubt the mass majority of people think it is normal to pay for sex.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #218
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
So you, being Jason Collins, knew whether or not he was attracted to the women he slept with?

I've had girlfriends. I have had sex with my girlfriends. I knew at the time I was gay as a $3 bill. I used them to deflect questions into my personal life and to stop people with a narrow viewpoint who could hurt me from causing that pain. And a decent person hates the fact they have to use people who have done them no wrong to hide from bull**** from ignorant people. It made me a hypocrite.
That's courageous as hell, Chris ... right on. You should be proud of that. And I see why you moved next to the prison. NO! I did NOT say that!! Lord, I apologize, and be with the starvin' Pygmies down in New Guinea, Amen. I'll have to make up for that ........

BEST COMPARISON for LGB's, probably posted already, is to left-handers. Each about the same percentage of the population, each with similar partial-deviation curves - bisexuals and ambidextrous. Almost EVERY anti-gay insult - in this thread and elsewhere - has at one time been directed toward left-handers in centuries past. Lefties were thought to be evil, satanic-influenced, the devil's soldiers on Earth.

Hating in general is easy to figure out: From the simplest example - fear of the dark - man fears the unknown, fears what he cannot understand. Think about it ... different skin colors, people who look different, practice religion or sexuality differently, speak differently, wear black and silver uniforms. That's the short list of those most hated right there. We don't understand, and therefore respond with fear/hate.

GLB haters call it a "choice," which is lunacy ... think about it: Did you have a choice? I sure as heck didn't. And if we didn't get to choose, why do they? What makes them so special that they can order off a bigger menu?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #219
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
It's funny that the same type of conversation is happening, on the Tebow thread. I kind of expect to see some mod merging the two threads...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #220
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You want to be too generic. I can take this topic and simplify it. An adult male having sex is normal. An adult male having sex with another man is not normal. It doesn't matter if it has been going on for years, it doesn't make it normal. They say prostitution is the oldest profession but I highly doubt the mass majority of people think it is normal to pay for sex.
Your mistake here is an incorrect usage/definition of the word "normal." You're equating normal with proper, healthy, correct, when in reality it's closer to average, plain, boring. You and me, BCJ, we're boring.

Normal is the most common, nothing more really.

Normal Synonyms: accustomed, acknowledged, average, commonplace, conventional, customary, general, habitual, mean, median, methodical, natural, orderly, ordinary, popular, prevalent, regular, routine, run-of-the-mill, standard, traditional, typic, typical, unexceptional
Antonyms: abnormal, irregular, odd, strange, uncommon, unconventional, unusual
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #221
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Your mistake here is an incorrect usage/definition of the word "normal." You're equating normal with proper, healthy, correct, when in reality it's closer to average, plain, boring. You and me, BCJ, we're boring.

Normal is the most common, nothing more really.

Normal Synonyms: accustomed, acknowledged, average, commonplace, conventional, customary, general, habitual, mean, median, methodical, natural, orderly, ordinary, popular, prevalent, regular, routine, run-of-the-mill, standard, traditional, typic, typical, unexceptional
Antonyms: abnormal, irregular, odd, strange, uncommon, unconventional, unusual
Exactly. Going by what he is saying: Being female isn't normal since it is not what the majority of us are (given that the world population is >50% male).
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #222
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post

That said, lumping gay people in with these serial killers or other such "monsters" is disgusting, and people need to stop doing it.
Umm, nobody is "lumping them in" with serial killers or other "monsters". I posed the question if people are born to kill, or basically born evil?

If we're to believe that homosexuality is a genetic trait people are born with despite the fact there is no concrete evidence that says "yes, they are" or "no, they're not", then how does anyone actually know if a person isn't also "born to kill"? It is a legitimate question....because if there is actual research that proves people are born to do things that society considers "abnormal" then perhaps it can be pursued further to see if there is a "murder gene" as well.

Look at a guy like Jeffrey Dahmer....a kid who had always been fascinated with death...he use to find road kill and strip off the skin and check out the organs and bones, etc.......he said he always wondered what it would be like to kill someone...and finally his brain convinced him that just fantasizing about it wasn't good enough.

Caution!!! this video has graphic images that are not suitable for children.....you have been warned.

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:07 AM   #223
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Humans are sexual creatures and there has been homosexuality since time immemorial. Sexuality is not and has never been a black and white issue. Saying homosexuals choose to be gay is quite ridiculous. They kill people for homosexuality in some parts of the world. Are we to believe sex for "normal" people is an expression of love, but for everyone else it is nothing more than perversion? That people in Iran get hung from construction cranes because they can't control their libido? If homosexuality is nothing more than perversion, then how do these people even exist as couples? How do they live together and want to marry? Most of these viewpoints are moronic and unobservant. It takes nothing more than a glance about your surroundings to realize how blatantly and obviously wrong you people are.

This is nothing more than societal shenanigans. We as a society used to argue that owning people as property was alright, and that women were too stupid to have a say in our system. That is how wrong we have been in the past. Are your brains not the least bit tickled that we're still wrong about other things? People have been convinced to the utmost certainty of the stupidest things. Now that we no longer murder people for being open about their sexuality, you wonder why there are so many homosexuals appearing? I am flabbergasted at the thought processes, or lack thereof, that some people have shared in this thread.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #224
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
Exactly. Going by what he is saying: Being female isn't normal since it is not what the majority of us are (given that the world population is >50% male).
Not even close! We see men and women all the time. It is a very close number to compare. Lefties, like myself, are about 9 to 11% of the population (and no Buff, the gay population is not 10% but lower). It is uncommon to see a lefty and when someone does (or I see it), it stands out because I don't see it very often...just like gay people. It is different and not the norm. I understand I will be different when I write or throw. Remember, anyone can have the opinion of it being right or wrong but it still isn't the normal behavior when speaking of sex or a relationship.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote