The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #26
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

teachers do it just as much Houghtam. This is just predators seeking out organizations who have access to kids. It doesn't mean people who want to teach or preach or bad people. It means bad people use those organizations to hide among the faithfull, or the good teachers, so they can prey on kids.

It has nothing to do with religion.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #27
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
I'll have to tell my brother-in-law that I don't know him.

But still, since when do conservatives care about civil liberties?
Where does he work? Sweden?Norway?.......
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #28
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Where does he work? Sweden?Norway?.......
Denver.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #29
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Denver.
Are you sure he's really LAW ENFORCEMENT? I mean have you seen his badge (HINT-if it's made out of flimsy plastic it's NOT real)?

Old 05-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #30
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
teachers do it just as much Houghtam. This is just predators seeking out organizations who have access to kids. It doesn't mean people who want to teach or preach or bad people. It means bad people use those organizations to hide among the faithfull, or the good teachers, so they can prey on kids.

It has nothing to do with religion.
You're right, it has nothing to do with religion until the religious community begins covering it up. Do you seriously not see a problem with a monolith like the Catholic Church which has used separation of church and state as an opportunity to hide what their clergy has done?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #31
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
You're right, it has nothing to do with religion until the religious community begins covering it up. Do you seriously not see a problem with a monolith like the Catholic Church which has used separation of church and state as an opportunity to hide what their clergy has done?
Religion, like political correctness, is for people who don't trust their own instincts and behaviors enough to believe that they can function within the framework of that society in a positive way.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #32
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Are you sure he's really LAW ENFORCEMENT? I mean have you seen his badge (HINT-if it's made out of flimsy plastic it's NOT real)?
Man, you are one stupid ****.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #33
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Man, you are one stupid ****.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #34
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
No only someone crazy would not see that the Catholic Church had/has a big problem. I actually have a very close friend whose mother got a settlement from the Los Angeles Diocese. I have been close with her for years and only recently found out that the house she was given by her mom was paid for with the money. I am firmly in the corner of justice when it comes to crimes against children who can't defend themelves.

But the fact is predators seek out places where kids are. Its not schools and churches or the Boy Scouts looking for pedos, its pedos tricking them into letting them work with kids.

I'm happy with how society and the law handled it. Some priests did get away with it and that is too bad. But a lot more have been arrested right? money was paid out and the truth was told. Lets hope the new Pope can create a mechanism to better police their own.

I think its obvious the catholics need to let priests and nuns marry and have somewhat normal lives as men and women. i agree with you 100% the Catholic Church has a long ways to go before they can really be trsuted.

Now to tear apart the one thing in your thread that is complete BS. That the religious community helped cover it up. That is total bull****. The people who go to church make up the community not the leadership in the Vatican. it was the church leadership that did that.

I don't go to church a lot anymore like i did as a kid. I do still go sometimes though to play music if i am asked. If you think the people there want to see kids molested you are crazy.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #35
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No only someone crazy would not see that the Catholic Church had/has a big problem. I actually have a very close friend whose mother got a settlement from the Los Angeles Diocese. I have been close with her for years and only recently found out that the house she was given by her mom was paid for with the money. I am firmly in the corner of justice when it comes to crimes against children who can't defend themelves.

But the fact is predators seek out places where kids are. Its not schools and churches or the Boy Scouts looking for pedos, its pedos tricking them into letting them work with kids.

I'm happy with how society and the law handled it. Some priests did get away with it and that is too bad. But a lot more have been arrested right? money was paid out and the truth was told. Lets hope the new Pope can create a mechanism to better police their own.

I think its obvious the catholics need to let priests and nuns marry and have somewhat normal lives as men and women. i agree with you 100% the Catholic Church has a long ways to go before they can really be trsuted.

Now to tear apart the one thing in your thread that is complete BS. That the religious community helped cover it up. That is total bull****. The people who go to church make up the community not the leadership in the Vatican. it was the church leadership that did that.

I don't go to church a lot anymore like i did as a kid. I do still go sometimes though to play music if i am asked. If you think the people there want to see kids molested you are crazy.
Define "church leadership".

I was a Catholic for over 20 years...it wasn't just the clergy who did the covering up. Much like PSU, there is a culture of "clergy can do no wrong" in the Catholic Church, and many, many lay people participated.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #36
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I am saying the congregations of specific churches were not privy to the information to cover anything up. It was church leaders, priests, bishops, whatever. It wasn't mr and mr smith who sit in the 3rd row and are great people.