The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #76
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

No Way on earth Von goes anywhere unless he suddenly turns into Tyson Jackson the next couple of years!

And BTW, for you racing and Audi fans ... Audi just swept the second World Endurance Championship series at SPA Francochamps in Belgium with their three R-18 Etron Quattro hybrid race cars coming in 1st, 2nd and 3rd!!

They swept the first WEC race last month at Silverstone coming in 1st and 2nd with their two R-18s entered there, and next month, hopefully, will sweep the big one 24hrs at LeMans with the three R-18s they will enter there.

Audi is so consistently dominant now, it seems only a major mechanical malfunction or a crash is going to keep them from doing so. Only Toyota has a prayer to compete with them now and they are still a good lap behind in only the 6 hour SPA and have trouble keeping their Hybrid cars on the track. 24hrs is a long time and separates the men from the boys in speed, reliability and great pit crews.

Nice job Audi!

Last edited by Hulamau; 05-04-2013 at 12:58 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #77
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I hate to say it but outside of manning I don't see Denver coughing up the dough that will be needed to sign miller. They'll tag him a couple yrs & then bye-bye miller.
you're smoking crack. we ponied up for Bailey and Manning, we'll pay the franchise player which will be Von when he's a FA. plus, do you really think Elway will let his first draft pick walk when he's an all-pro player? i sure don't.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #78
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

He's gearing up to play with his hand in the dirt more.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #79
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
you're smoking crack. we ponied up for Bailey and Manning, we'll pay the franchise player which will be Von when he's a FA. plus, do you really think Elway will let his first draft pick walk when he's an all-pro player? i sure don't.
I bet we don't even let him get to the FA status. I'm sure they'll lock him up soon.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #80
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Bikram is bs IMO because its not strenuous cardiovascularly or musculalrly it's just really ****ing hot. Stupidly so IMO.

It they want to do yoga I'd go with ashtanga which promotes fluidity 2 flexibility.

I feel like Richardson could go through stretches that would do the same or better.

Tell you what Chris. Not sure where you live but if you make it to a Denver game next year I can meet you at a Birkam studio. I want to see you bust out all 26 postures. If at the end you do them correctly and don't think it was strenuous I'll sign the title of OF1 over to you!

Brother I've been doing it for 2.5 years now and it's an ass KICKER each and every time. My wife is certified in it and teaches it to ballet dancers. university athletes, gymnasts and most of them struggle through it.

Last edited by Meck77; 05-04-2013 at 08:18 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #81
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I'm sure Miller knows his own body better then anybody and if he feels he's already fast and flexible enough, and that adding some bulk and power will help his game, who are we do challenge that.

I remember when Kobe Bryant starting hitting the weights pretty hard and you thought he might lose some of this quickness to get past defenders and all that stuff. Didn't seem to hurt his game. If you really think about it, adding muscle really doesn't make you slow. Just go look at some of those all world track stars, the sprinters. Some of those guys are really built. They got pecs, biceps all that stuff. I think Von Miller understand that he's not really going to be dropping back in coverage all that much. He's a LOS guy and a pass rusher. Adding some chest and arm mass with power isn't going to affect his quick twitch muscles. If anything, I think another reason he is doing this is not just for performance, but for durability too. He could simply feel like as the season wears on, he gets too small and feels worn down a little. This could help.
Every body will benefit from practicing yoga.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #82
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I bet we don't even let him get to the FA status. I'm sure they'll lock him up soon.
i agree
Old 05-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #83
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Or are you trying to claim that you totally predicted that they'd build this specific defense and position just for him before his first ever regular season game? You're such a grade A cawk sucker, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
Don't do that, Rev. You can't possibly be so afraid to admit your simple mistake (try this: "I guess he is smallish, how about that?"), or so fearful to acknowlede my correct prediction (try this: "even a broken clock"), that you will attribute Von's sack numbers to a "specific defense" and a "position just for him?"

You've now stooped to the level of Holden Caulfield's cretinous roommate Ackley ... he dismissed the basketball skill of their classmate by saying (the whole gd game long) "he has the perfect build for basketball."

And now YOU DON'T LIKE ME?! Grrrrr ... I want to LASH BACK! If only there were other people who don't like you ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #84
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Don't do that, Rev. You can't possibly be so afraid to admit your simple mistake (try this: "I guess he is smallish, how about that?"), or so fearful to acknowlede my correct prediction (try this: "even a broken clock"), that you will attribute Von's sack numbers to a "specific defense" and a "position just for him?"

You've now stooped to the level of Holden Caulfield's cretinous roommate Ackley ... he dismissed the basketball skill of their classmate by saying (the whole gd game long) "he has the perfect build for basketball."

And now YOU DON'T LIKE ME?! Grrrrr ... I want to LASH BACK! If only there were other people who don't like you ...
There is no way you will ever get him to admit he is wrong about anything. He would argue that water isn't actually wet.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #85
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Let the heads roll.........

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

Watching Von last year was just astounding. The guy can generate such power and leverage in a snap. He is literally the total package. Watch the patriots game, the jets game.....those are two off the top of my head.....he literally threw aside two offensive tackles like they were rag dolls. I can't imagine what we will see with the added weight.......He should be called Vonkenstein. Dudes a monster.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #86
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
He's gearing up to play with his hand in the dirt more.
Which is fine for passrushing. His coverage skills sucked at SOLB, he's looked pretty clueless so far. He has the speed to drop back into a coverage position, but not the brains to diagnose when he needs to.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #87
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Which is fine for passrushing. His coverage skills sucked at SOLB, he's looked pretty clueless so far. He has the speed to drop back into a coverage position, but not the brains to diagnose when he needs to.
yeah he's not real fluid when it comes to coverage. IMO he is more a bull in a china shop and the olinemen are the china. I'm fine with Miller not being in coverage as much as possible. Let him attack the QB and get after the running game. I am fairly confident del rio can figure out a way to make it all work. No doubt Miller will have to get better at covering because as a LB he can't play at the LOS all the time.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #88
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
There is no way you will ever get him to admit he is wrong about anything. He would argue that water isn't actually wet.
Why did Rev not like the Von Miller pick lol?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #89
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
hh, that link proves my point. He's not small at all for a 4-3 SOLB.

Or are you trying to claim that you totally predicted that they'd build this specific defense and position just for him before his first ever regular season game?

You're such a grade A cawk sucker, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
DenverDUI is right about you.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #90
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Every body will benefit from practicing yoga.
To be fair though, you'd also like to see Von subsisting entirely on sunlight.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #91
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
yeah he's not real fluid when it comes to coverage. IMO he is more a bull in a china shop and the olinemen are the china. I'm fine with Miller not being in coverage as much as possible. Let him attack the QB and get after the running game. I am fairly confident del rio can figure out a way to make it all work. No doubt Miller will have to get better at covering because as a LB he can't play at the LOS all the time.
Yeah the staff has a chore in front of them to teach Von how to be a complete LB, not just a guy that attacks the LOS.

Also though, I wonder if the lack of a real 3-down MLB calling plays has hurt the D alignments. Wesley Woodyard was taking the play calls in the nickle D, and he's way out there on the right side, how is anybody on the other side of the D supposed to hear if he wants to make a change pre-snap? Many people have said we need a real MLB, and that's another reason to want one, a guy in the middle that can direct traffic, not a guy on the far edge trying to direct traffic.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #92
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by *WARHORSE* View Post
He should be called Vonkenstein. Dudes a monster.
I like the name. More thought went into that then, oh I don't know, the same old rehashed crap like VonMeth or something.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:33 AM   #93
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post

Tell you what Chris. Not sure where you live but if you make it to a Denver game next year I can meet you at a Birkam studio. I want to see you bust out all 26 postures. If at the end you do them correctly and don't think it was strenuous I'll sign the title of OF1 over to you!

Brother I've been doing it for 2.5 years now and it's an ass KICKER each and every time. My wife is certified in it and teaches it to ballet dancers. university athletes, gymnasts and most of them struggle through it.
I'm not saying it isn't hard. I'm just saying its the exercise equivalent of sweat lodging. Still I might take you up on that.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:55 AM   #94
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Why did Rev not like the Von Miller pick lol?
because he's not Patrick Peterson....because he's not an LSU player....because he was not a DB..... But more importantly because the Rev is a narcissistic person, It is because Von was not the player that the Rev wanted the Broncos to select.

I haven't seen a man struggle with admitting he wasn't correct about something since Fonzie comically fumbled trying to say the word "wrong".

Last edited by errand; 05-08-2013 at 03:52 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #95
ShutDownPoster
some like it hot

Bell Biv DVOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm not saying it isn't hard. I'm just saying its the exercise equivalent of sweat lodging. Still I might take you up on that.
I would go just to see the chicks at least!
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #96
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
No Way on earth Von goes anywhere unless he suddenly turns into Tyson Jackson the next couple of years!

And BTW, for you racing and Audi fans ... Audi just swept the second World Endurance Championship series at SPA Francochamps in Belgium with their three R-18 Etron Quattro hybrid race cars coming in 1st, 2nd and 3rd!!

They swept the first WEC race last month at Silverstone coming in 1st and 2nd with their two R-18s entered there, and next month, hopefully, will sweep the big one 24hrs at LeMans with the three R-18s they will enter there.

Audi is so consistently dominant now, it seems only a major mechanical malfunction or a crash is going to keep them from doing so. Only Toyota has a prayer to compete with them now and they are still a good lap behind in only the 6 hour SPA and have trouble keeping their Hybrid cars on the track. 24hrs is a long time and separates the men from the boys in speed, reliability and great pit crews.

Nice job Audi!
.....what?

Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #97
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

AAAAAAAAAAAAND Then?

oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #98
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
because he's not Patrick Peterson....because he's not an LSU player....because he was not a DB..... But more importantly because the Rev is a narcissistic person, It is because Von was not the player that the Rev wanted the Broncos to select.

I haven't seen a man struggle with admitting he wasn't correct about something since Fonzie comically fumbled trying to say the word "wrong".
i don't think he will ever give up on that.
there are still some fans who want Peterson or Dareus over Von.
originally Dareus was who i wanted but then i read about Von and i was like **** it, lets get the mother who gets to the QB and puts him on his rear end 16+ times a season.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #99
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Bump.

Obviously, there was a lot more happening with Von this year than just his weight. That being said, can anyone remember a time when a successful player has said, "I am going to (insert weight change here) this year to get better," and had it work out?

Does anyone have a comparison of the weight he was playing at last year, vs. the weight he was playing at when he got hurt this year?

Just doing some thinking, trying to kill the next seventy-two hours.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #100
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Bump.

Obviously, there was a lot more happening with Von this year than just his weight. That being said, can anyone remember a time when a successful player has said, "I am going to (insert weight change here) this year to get better," and had it work out?

Does anyone have a comparison of the weight he was playing at last year, vs. the weight he was playing at when he got hurt this year?

Just doing some thinking, trying to kill the next seventy-two hours.
dude! I thought this was the kind of math problem you Asians love to solve?
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote