The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default Bloomberg defends Stop & Frisk......

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...MZwHnoRB2nSJ2I

"Bloomberg insisted that stop and frisk saves lives - and that the majority of those saved are minorities.

“About 90 percent of our murder victims in our city are black or Latino.

The fact of the matter is that when police stop and ask a 17 year old a question based on a reasonable suspicion of a crime there is outrage. Yet when a 17-year-old is standing on the street corner near his home at 8:15 in the evening and gets shot and killed, there is silence,” Bloomberg said in remarks"
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Your papers Mr Sprauge! Remember that line from Firefox with clint eastwood? I was really young when i saw that and i asked my dad is it really like that is the USSR? everywhere you go you get stopped and asked for papers? He was like yep we are free and they can't do that to us.

But now we have DUI checkpoints, warrantless wiretapping, stop and frisk to see if maybe you are guilty of something. YOUR PAPERS MR SPRAUGE! They are not in order!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Stop and Frisk is simply a "celebration of their diversity" in NY, NY..............
Old 05-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Since when do conservatives care about civil liberties, especially for non-whites?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

gotta stop them big gulps I tell ya.

oh the horror.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Since when do conservatives care about civil liberties, especially for non-whites?
Cold HARD TRUTH's.........I bet you don't actually know anyone in law enforcement do you?

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/02/ny_p...ped_by_police/

"Echoing what Joan Walsh called Mayor Bloomberg’s “ugly” defense of the NYPD’s stop-and-frisk practice, police commissioner Ray Kelly asserted Wednesday night that African Americans are “understopped” by police. During an interview with ABC, the commissioner and the policing tactic’s greatest defender, said that “African Americans are being understopped in relation to people being described as perpetrators of violent crime.”
Old 05-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Cold HARD TRUTH's.........I bet you don't actually know anyone in law enforcement do you?
I'll have to tell my brother-in-law that I don't know him.

But still, since when do conservatives care about civil liberties?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Most conservatives believe in the law which usually states an American should give the police probable cause in order to be searched. The notion liberals care more about law, justice, or minorities is a falacy. Liberals are mostly selfish people who only use minorities to get power.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Liberals are mostly selfish people who only use minorities to get power.
Conservatives are selfish people who don't give a **** about anyone but themselves.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #10
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Conservatives are selfish people who don't give a **** about anyone but themselves.
This is what liberals actually believe.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Liberals only care about you if you believe in dead babies, gun control, and that being a dick sucking gay person is the new cool. Oh and wars ok as long as a democrat is President. If not then we hit the streets to protest. Absolutely conservative Americans more trustworthy, harder working, and do more charity.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Conservatives will do a fundraiser to help kids with disabilities. Liberals will throw a party to raise money to teach kids how to be gay. Bwaaaaa!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

now johnny we identifed you have the gay gene but have not yet turned gay. We want you to know that unless you turn gay you are letting the evil conservatives tell you how to live. Don't buy into the bible and all that crazy **** about how to live your life in the service of god. Just go out and suck some dick and then you might be happy.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

This thread is going well!
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #15
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Most conservatives believe in the law which usually states an American should give the police probable cause in order to be searched. The notion liberals care more about law, justice, or minorities is a falacy. Liberals are mostly selfish people who only use minorities to get power.
So...are you for or against Sheriff Arpaio's strategy of stopping brown people just in case they're illegal immigrants?

Because you used to be for it. Now you're against it?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #16
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
now johnny we identifed you have the gay gene but have not yet turned gay. We want you to know that unless you turn gay you are letting the evil conservatives tell you how to live. Don't buy into the bible and all that crazy **** about how to live your life in the service of god. Just go out and suck some dick and then you might be happy.
You sure are living your life in service to God, talking about wanting people to have their ***** cut off, claiming collateral casualties are just a side effect of war, and advocating bombing both sides in Syria.

That turn the other cheek guy is smiling down on you from above today.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #17
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
This is what liberals actually believe.
They also believe all conservatives attend church on a regular basis......Marrying & Burying is the only time I show up there.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #18
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
You sure are living your life in service to God, talking about wanting people to have their ***** cut off, claiming collateral casualties are just a side effect of war, and advocating bombing both sides in Syria.

That turn the other cheek guy is smiling down on you from above today.
both sides deserve to be bombed. The bible all about kicking ass on those who deserve it. People like you who support baby killing will be in trouble some day.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #19
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
both sides deserve to be bombed. The bible all about kicking ass on those who deserve it. People like you who support baby killing will be in trouble some day.
I wasn't aware Jesus preached retribution or people who deserve to be killed. Remind me again what he said to Peter when he cut that guy's ear off?
Old 05-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The sheriff has said that people are stopped only if authorities have probable cause to believe they have committed crimes and that deputies later find many are illegal immigrants.
Arpaio's office maintained that illegal immigrants accounted for 57 percent of the 1,500 people arrested in the 20 sweeps conducted since January 2008, according to figures provided by the sheriff's department, which hasn't conducted any such patrols since October.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I wasn't aware Jesus preached retribution or people who deserve to be killed. Remind me again what he said to Peter when he cut that guy's ear off?
Yeah Jesus was a little soft. God though kicks some ass. Also can you find the post where I claim to be religious, or that I live my life in the service of god. Just checking.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #22
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yeah Jesus was a little soft. God though kicks some ass. Also can you find the post where I claim to be religious, or that I live my life in the service of god. Just checking.
Well for someone who claims not to be religious, you sure have a lot of posts about Christian morality.

But good, I'm glad you have rejected religion like I have.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #23
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I just have said i think religion in America is doing a lot of good things and gets a lot of negative press from the media and the left. I know a lot of religious people and they are among the best people I have a privledge of knowing. I believe in God I just make sure I don't break the big ones and pray on my own when i feel it. I don't feel the need to go to church. I admit though i have my doubts. I just think its pretty funny people can be convinced there is no god. Or convince themselves relgious people are a problem in the country. They are the least of out problems. Oh no the are against gay marraige, abortion, and want prayer in school. Those things will surely doom us all right?
Old 05-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #24
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I just have said i think religion in America is doing a lot of good things and gets a lot of negative press from the media and the left. I know a lot of religious people and they are among the best people I have a privledge of knowing. I believe in God I just make sure I don't break the big ones and pray on my own when i feel it. I don't feel the need to go to church. I admit though i have my doubts. I just think its pretty funny people can be convinced there is no god. Or convince themselves relgious people are a problem in the country. They are the least of out problems. Oh no the are against gay marraige, abortion, and want prayer in school. Those things will surely doom us all right?
I wouldn't say it is "funny" that people might think there is no god...it's a very personal belief, and there is no proof of its existence other than "where did we come from?" Personally, I don't know, nor do I really care. I live a secularly moral life, and I'm good with that.

I have no problem with religious people. I have a problem with religion, because it says "do this, or". I have a problem with religious people who push their views on others despite a separation of church and state. I have a problem with people like Rick Santorum who believe there should not be a separation of church and state.

And as far as religions not being dangerous...you're dead wrong there. Organized religion provides a cover for horrific abuses of children. Then they use the idea of sin, guilt and punishment in the afterlife to silence the victims. And it's not just the Catholic Church. It happens pretty evenly among all organized religions.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/hark/201...lic-clergy/39/

Quote:
“It would be incorrect to call it a Catholic problem,” said Church Mutual’s risk control manager, Rick Schaber. “We do not see one denomination above another. It’s equal. It’s also equal among large metropolitan churches and small rural churches.”

Iowa-based Guide One Center for Risk Management, which insures more than 40,000 congregations, also said Catholic churches are not considered a greater risk or charged higher premiums.

“Our claims experience shows this happens evenly across denominations,” said spokeswoman Melanie Stonewall.

You're big on anti-abortion. So where is your concern for children now? Or is this just another one of those situations like the gun control debate where you're willing to accept a certain amount of collateral sex abuse because hey, it's just the nature of the beast?
Old 05-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #25
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I feel crimes against children should be punished the same regardless of if it was done by a church or some other person/group. I think anyone conviceted of child sex abuse should be get life in prison where the do hard labor until the die. I think aborted babies look like little tiny babies that haven't grown up yet and state sanctioned murder of them is wrong. Someone could prove to me there is no God and i would still be against abortion because its repugnant and we can do better then that.