The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #301
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It's still a fundamental difference when one is a pocket passer the other not. When Brock goes in it won't be a complete overhaul of an offense. If tebow went in the entire make up of it would have to change. Basic changes like being under center or not. Tebow would be better off behind a good QB who runs an offense that somewhat benefits his style of play
Lulz. Pocket Passer. As soon as you can show me a single play at ASU where Shotgun Brock passed from under center, we can start talking Pocket Passer.

Brock's experience is about the worst you could imagine for a guy (theoretically) tasked with running Manning's system. Maybe he'll develop into a great pocket passer someday. But he has zero experience to work from.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #302
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Once again, for clarification: are we talking about "fans" on the internet? Or do they actually attend team functions and games?
I think they are involved in all facets of fandom...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #303
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

The funny thing in NY this season will be when Geno isn't able to take the job from Sanchez.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #304
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Even IF TT could learn the system Manning runs (and that's a big, big IF) he's still way too much of a distraction for the entire team. His fanbase is the problem, do you want to deal with them, constantly complaining about how bad TT is being treated and how he's not getting a fair chance? Because that is exactly what they'd say the moment the Broncos finally pull the plug on TT because he's just not able to run a traditional pro-style offense that Elway likes.
I'm the one most often tagged as Resident Teboner (nowadays anyway). And like I said the day we brought Manning onboard, I would've been stoked to watch Timmy contently sit behind and learn from Peyton.

There would've been no distraction. At least not of the bad kind.

http://jacksonville.com/news/health-...-playrooms-ill
Old 05-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #305
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'm the one most often tagged as Resident Teboner (nowadays anyway). And like I said the day we brought Manning onboard, I would've been stoked to watch Timmy contently sit behind and learn from Peyton.

Seriously? Even with PFM, there would have been a distraction. Hell, the Atlanta game...people would have been at the stupid chants again.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #306
DenverDynamite

9news the other day ran a stupid facebook survey asking people if the Broncos where better or worse since trading Tebow. I'm sure the point of it was to generate hits/likes. Reading some of the comments from the staunch Tebow crowd is enough to question my faith in humanity. Damn those folks are not only illiterate football fans, but also have some serious entitlement/victimization issues.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #307
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

It's an anti-Christian conspiracy.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #308
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Seriously? Even with PFM, there would have been a distraction. Hell, the Atlanta game...people would have been at the stupid chants again.
Wasn't that in Atlanta? Yeah, you might hear it there.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #309
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It comes down to,does any team want to spend time & money teaching tebow how to be a QB,when he should've known how from the get go.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #310
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Awesome, straw dog. So when someone says "you can't always judge a book by it's cover" do you ask which books they're talking about and whether they're really implying that Stephanie Meyer is better than Charles Dickens?
Other player's accomplishments don't mean anything. This is like when someone says "if we can put on a man on the moon, we can XYZ." First, those other men at NASA put a man on the moon. You and I weren't there.

Aaron Rogers and Drew Brees needed time to develop, but they had showed an ability to throw the ball downfield at an even basic level. Tebow scans defenses, freaks and then bails. You keep trying to make comparison's in your endless defense of him, for what reason I haven't the faintest idea, by stringing together elements in common he was with other players - elements that don't point toward their ability to be good. Rather than saying "these three players all did XYZ really well" you keep saying "These other players also sucked at ABC."

We know Tebow sucks at a lot of things, and other good QB's sucked at some of those things too. Drew Brees threw a lot of interceptions early in his career. Aaron Rogers struggled to learn the playbook. Tony Romo wasn't good enough to start. Yes - Tebow is a combination of the suck from all these men. The difference is they got better and Tebow didn't. And all of them had started fewer games at this point in their careers save Brees than Tebow has. And they sucked at some things. Tebow is like the Frankenstein of suck. He's this giant monolith beast that has a passing game assembled from the bad parts other player's passing ability.

Last edited by Kaylore; 05-03-2013 at 02:26 PM..
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #311
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Other player's accomplishments don't mean anything. This is like when someone says "if we can put on a man on the moon, we can XYZ." First, those other men at NASA put a man on the moon. You and I weren't there.

Aaron Rogers and Drew Brees needed time to develop, but they had showed an ability to throw the ball downfield at an even basic level. Tebow scans defenses, freaks and then bails. You keep trying to make comparison's in your endless defense of him, for what reason I haven't the faintest idea, by stringing together elements in common he was with other players - elements that don't point toward their ability to be good. Rather than saying "these three players all did XYZ really well" you keep saying "These other players also sucked at ABC."

We know Tebow sucks at a lot of things, and other good QB's sucked at some of those things too. Drew Brees threw a lot of interceptions early in his career. Aaron Rogers struggled to learn the playbook. Tony Romo wasn't good enough to start. Yes - Tebow is a combination of the suck from all these men. The difference is they got better and Tebow didn't. And all of them had started fewer games at this point in their careers save Brees than Tebow has. And they sucked at some things. Tebow is like the Frankenstein of suck. He's this giant monolith beast that has a passing game assembled from the bad parts other player's passing ability.
rep
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #312
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

What is truly funny is you guys still arguing over Tebow after he's been gone like a year.

Give it a rest already . None of you are completely right and none of you are completely wrong.

Anti Tebow guy is becoming just as or in way more so annoying than Pro Tebow guy.
It's about to where both sides suck equally as bad as Tebow's footwork .

And might I add ...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #313
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It's an anti-Christian conspiracy.
It's actually already on Facebook mass shares.

"Something, something media discriminates against Tebow for being Christian"

"Something, something gay NBA player doesn't get discriminated against"

"Something, something Obama."

Share.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #314
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

This is basically an exercise in glossing over the struggles of others while exaggerating Tim's. Yes Tim Struggled. There's no argument there. But Brees struggled with far more than just interceptions. Rodgers struggled throwing the ball when he came into the league just as much as he did understanding the playbook.

Meanwhile Tim was thrown in midseason in a lockout year, found himself handed the fewest passing calls of any QB in the league, and when he did get to throw (when he wasn't hopelessly behind late in the 4th) it was usually out of some goofball high-school looking 2-receiver set that resembled nothing like anything he'd ever played out of.

Tim did struggle more than most of those other guys. But they were given far more help and much better opportunities. Would it have made the difference? Maybe not. But you can't say all things were equal as far as opportunity went. None of those guys had half as many hurdles thrown up in front of them. And at the end of the day, when the chips were down, and when others (Romos,Ortons, etc) start chitting pants, Tim had balls of steel. That's something you just can't coach. And I think he deserves more time to develop based on his 4th quarter performances alone.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #315
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post

Share.
You forgot something, something Guns!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #316
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #317
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Someone should still punch Bowlen in the nuts for the mCd mistake.

Just sayin...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #318
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Agreed
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #319
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:

Do you honestly believe that "Broncos" fans who baldly stated as (if it were) fact that (HOF'er) John Elway was afraid to give Tebow a real chance for fear that Tebow would break his records.... would have found any more respect to show for (future HOF'er) Peyton Manning? They wouldn't have. They would have instantly attacked (and did) anyone they felt stood in the way of Tebow being the starting QB.

Elway absolutely made the right decision (not retaining Tebow). It was time for the circus to go somewhere... anywhere.... else.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #320
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDynamite View Post
9news the other day ran a stupid facebook survey asking people if the Broncos where better or worse since trading Tebow. I'm sure the point of it was to generate hits/likes. Reading some of the comments from the staunch Tebow crowd is enough to question my faith in humanity. Damn those folks are not only illiterate football fans, but also have some serious entitlement/victimization issues.
I have to say, I'm seeing some comments beneath Youtube videos that are also causing me to judge humanity harshly.

If this goes on much longer, I'm going to stop reading internet comments and generalizing about entire blocks of people.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #321
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
It comes down to,does any team want to spend time & money teaching tebow how to be a QB,when he should've known how from the get go.

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #322
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post

Share.
I've only seen this one, pointing to the media, but have heard people talk about how Obama called Jason Collins to praise him for being so "brave" to come out of the closet.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #323
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Do you honestly believe that "Broncos" fans who baldly stated as (if it were) fact that (HOF'er) John Elway was afraid to give Tebow a real chance for fear that Tebow would break his records.... would have found any more respect to show for (future HOF'er) Peyton Manning? They wouldn't have. They would have instantly attacked (and did) anyone they felt stood in the way of Tebow being the starting QB.

Elway absolutely made the right decision (not retaining Tebow). It was time for the circus to go somewhere... anywhere.... else.
Exactly.....Beavis seems to forget we had Tebow fans on here wishing someone would take a crowbar to Orton's knees or head (mattered not to them) to get Tebow on the field.....we had Tebow fans proposing hypothetical plane crash where Elway and Fox die thus making the Broncos a much better team....and we had Tebow fans in here b****ing moaning and crying over the Manning signing too.

There is no way they would have had any respect for Manning......
Old 05-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #324
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Exactly.....Beavis seems to forget we had Tebow fans on here wishing someone would take a crowbar to Orton's knees or head (mattered not to them) to get Tebow on the field.....we had Tebow fans proposing hypothetical plane crash where Elway and Fox die thus making the Broncos a much better team....and we had Tebow fans in here b****ing moaning and crying over the Manning signing too.

There is no way they would have had any respect for Manning......
That's just it... if there's anyone who should have earned the utmost of respect from Broncos fans, it's John Elway. If Tebow fans were willing to viciously attack Elway, then they definitely would have attacked Manning too. I recall reading right here on this forum that "it would be a good idea to pull Manning out of a game for Tebow on 3rd down in the red zone." Nevermind that Fox would never have even considered doing that.. no HC in the league would have. And no starting QB in the league would have been happy with any chance at all of something like that happening.

No, keeping Tebow as Manning's backup would not have worked. And I'm very glad it's John Elway who is making those decisions.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #325
ncjmirabile
Spiderman 3's Gwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
What is truly funny is you guys still arguing over Tebow after he's been gone like a year.

Give it a rest already . None of you are completely right and none of you are completely wrong.

Anti Tebow guy is becoming just as or in way more so annoying than Pro Tebow guy.
It's about to where both sides suck equally as bad as Tebow's footwork .

And might I add ...
Welcome to The Polarization Effect of Tim Tebow where its hard to find the honest middle ground.
ncjmirabile is offline   Reply With Quote