The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #126
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
As usual, errand is ham-fistedly addressing a topic, but there is something to it, and if it makes a straight guy uncomfortable that doesn't mean he is homophobic.
phrasing
Old 04-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #127
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

A good test would be if a possible first round NFL draft choice declared himself gay a week before the draft. I have a feeling his draft stock would take a nosedive. Itís a decision the owners and GMís would have to make not the players. I really donít see Elway or a Jerry Jones type owner being comfortable with the pick.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #128
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
A good test would be if a possible first round NFL draft choice declared himself gay a week before the draft. I have a feeling his draft stock would take a nosedive. Itís a decision the owners and GMís would have to make not the players. I really donít see Elway or a Jerry Jones type owner being comfortable with the pick.
You mean what Manti Teo tried so desperately to avoid

Seems to have worked out well enough for him tho. Congrats chargers
Old 04-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #129
Prodigal19
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
I can see his stock dropping because they think the media storm will be a distraction, as in Tebow's case, but his stock wouldn't drop just because he is gay.
Prodigal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #130
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Whats his sexuality have to do with being a basketball player?
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #131
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal19 View Post
I can understand if people still dont think that is a good reason for the distinction, but I thought I would just point that out since nobody here has actually pointed out the real reason that hate crimes exist.
except when, you know, I pointed it out.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #132
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I haven't kept current in this tread so excuse me if it was already pointed out but I still don't see what the big deal is.

If you watch any women based sport the majority of them are gay and not hiding it. Look at golf, Softball, Basketball.

I look at the alternative life stylers (gays) the same way as life in the universe, you know there are more of them out there than we know of and we may never know the extent of the number in our lifetimes.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #133
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Because you assume a homosexual cannot or will not control their impulses. And as I said before...if you have played sports or used a locker room in a gym, you have been checked out. Amazingly, you made it out without being made uncomfortable or even made aware it happened.

You also seem to be assuming that a gay athlete is only an athlete to check out straight athletes, which suggests you think that a gay person is incapable of the same drives or competitiveness as a straight guy.

Which is borderline ignorant. Not homophobic. Which seems to be important to you, but just ignorant.

What about in HS? If gay boys can shower with straight why not make the whole locker room coed showers like Starship Troopers?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #134
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The whole "I don't want some dude hitting on me or looking at my junk" argument is funny to me. It assumes that just because you are a man, and because gay men are attracted to men, that they will all want you. Most of the peopel posting on this board probably look like a bearded potato. I mean do these same guys think most women want them too, since they're also attracted to men? Do you just walk around thinking everyone wants to sex you up like those stupid Axe body spray commercials?
So if a straight man doesn't feel comfortable naked in a shower with gay men should he feel guilty about that. If he feels uncomfortable enough to say listen i want to take my shower after him or before him, does that make him a homophobe?

Looks like the next thing it won't be cool to be is heterosexual.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #135
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheelz View Post
So, what was his name?
See? just the fact str8 guys still make fun of being gay, use it as a way to make a joke on a str8 man shows that people don't feel its normal. We accept it, we are tolerant, but its not normal behavoir.

The problem is that in order to not be homophobic it seems like you have to admit that being homosexual totally natural and just as normal as being heterosexual.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #136
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Broncos View Post
Whats his sexuality have to do with being a basketball player?
Are you kidding? this guy is now being touted as the new Jackie Robinson......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #137
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
See? just the fact str8 guys still make fun of being gay, use it as a way to make a joke on a str8 man shows that people don't feel its normal. We accept it, we are tolerant, but its not normal behavoir.

The problem is that in order to not be homophobic it seems like you have to admit that being homosexual totally natural and just as normal as being heterosexual.
so because dumb people make dumb jokes about homosexuality, we should regard homosexuality as abnormal and undesirable. solid logic. you're really killing it here.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #138
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

"The first openly gay male active in a major American sports league" is a bit long. From now on I will use TFOGMAIMASL. That's better.
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #139
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
What about in HS? If gay boys can shower with straight why not make the whole locker room coed showers like Starship Troopers?

So the solution you are proposing is to separate out a minority group to protect the sensitivities of the majority?

Eureka. I wonder if its been tried before?...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #140
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Straight men make fun of women, too. I suppose that means they are not normal?

What exactly is normal?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #141
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Straight men make fun of women, too. I suppose that means they are not normal?

What exactly is normal?

Shooting guns, drinking beer, shooting guns, blowing weed, shooting more guns, living in a studio apartment/trailer because you spent all your money on guns, beer, ammo, and weed.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #142
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
so because dumb people make dumb jokes about homosexuality, we should regard homosexuality as abnormal and undesirable. solid logic. you're really killing it here.
No the jokes don't make it abnormal. The jokes show us most men still view it as abnormal.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #143
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
So the solution you are proposing is to separate out a minority group to protect the sensitivities of the majority?

Eureka. I wonder if its been tried before?...

I never said that. i just said i can understand why a str8 HS boy still trying to figure out sexuality may not want to shower next to a kid who is openly gay. I think its reasonable to try and have our young men and woman as comfortable as possible in that zone where they are just figuring out sexuality. I don't think putting an openly gay student in the same shower with str8 kids would accomploish that IMO.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #144
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Shooting guns, drinking beer, shooting guns, blowing weed, shooting more guns, living in a studio apartment/trailer because you spent all your money on guns, beer, ammo, and weed.
Terrible stereotyping. The people you are talking about would be smoking meth, not weed.
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #145
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
I'd say that what he said was not out of line, mainly because of the way he stated it. There is nothing wrong with his view point, and the way he stated it should not cause controversy (but it probably will because people love to complain).

Rob Parker on the other hand, I'd say that his point about RGIII was not all that off base, but the way he stated it, he totally stuck his foot in his mouth.

When you're talking about a sensitive issues, you have to be careful how you speak about that issue. Chris Broussard stated his point properly, and he was really smart to include pre-marital sex between a man and woman. That took away anybody's point that he was gay bashing. And he also gave the impression that just because he doesn't agree with somebody's lifestyle, he could still get along with them.
Some might argue that having pre-marital sex is a choice, while being gay isn't. And that equating the latter as a sin is demeaning and sort of stupid.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #146
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Some might argue that having pre-marital sex is a choice, while being gay isn't. And that equating the latter as a sin is demeaning and sort of stupid.
By definition, all sex that isn't rape is a choice. Your logic is not sound.

(I'm not a Christian, and don't have any issues with homosexual sex. I'm just pointing out your logical inconsistency.)
Old 05-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #147
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
By definition, all sex that isn't rape is a choice. Your logic is not sound.

(I'm not a Christian, and don't have any issues with homosexual sex. I'm just pointing out your logical inconsistency.)
I think he meant preference and not the actual act.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #148
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I think he meant preference and not the actual act.
Perfect if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #149
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

If being gay is not a choice bisexuals can not exist.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #150
SimonFletcher73
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Goose Gonsoulin

This has got to be pretty weird for twin brother Jarron. Not sure how I'd react if I was a celebrity with a twin and people thought I was the gay famous one.
SimonFletcher73 is offline   Reply With Quote