The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #26
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
No ****.....just like we still have clowns on here slobbering all over Jeremiah Johnson's nuts despite the fact he can't even get off the practice squad.
I'd rather listen them slobber on Johnson's nuts then you slobbering on how good you look naked.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #27
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterhellfyre View Post
Mike Bell didn't do too poorly for himself. Played 5 years in the league, and won a Super Bowl ring during his time as a Saint. Not an All-Pro, but I'm not going to sneer at walking away with a ring.
I almost decided not to use Bell's name for that reason. He far exceeded any reasonable UDFA expectations. I have nothing against him.

So yeah, let's rename it the Selvin Young Award. He did well for a UDFA too, but the hype for him was higher.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #28
uplink
Ring of Famer

looks like a future FB
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #29
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

There's nothing spectacular about him.

Yet, there wasn't anything spectacular about Alfred Morris either....5'9" 218 4.6

I like that he is a leader, he runs hard, and he has good hands. There's another youtube video I saw...that showed him doing pushups, getting the team pumped up etc.

Not a bad UDFA to take a look at in camp....maybe practice squad.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #30
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
ahhh, the annual Mike Bell award to the UDFA RB who people expect to be an all pro.
lol
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #31
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterhellfyre View Post
Mike Bell didn't do too poorly for himself. Played 5 years in the league, and won a Super Bowl ring during his time as a Saint. Not an All-Pro, but I'm not going to sneer at walking away with a ring.
Not bad for an UDFA.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #32
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Let the heads roll.........

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

I dont see him as a steal.

But I hope he proves me wrong.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #33
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

He isn't a steal, but he put up quality production on a team that does a lot of different things on offense and uses split backs and shares carries. He isn't a special prospect by any means, but he has the potential to be a reserve running back and even come in and contribute as a full back or special teamer. Good UDFA pick-up. We rocked the UDFA round.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #34
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I still think we need to bring back Dicky Lyons jr!
Someone add to this with his cool rap style picture.
Attached Images

broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #35
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I'd rather listen them slobber on Johnson's nuts then you slobbering on how good you look naked.
Yeah, but the difference is, I do look good naked.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #36
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Bump.

Well the coaching staff apparently saw the same things I did in him since only he and McCray are making the active roster as UDFA's, so I'm curious now that he had that one nice game before getting hurt, what people think of CJ Anderson. I still think he's going to surprise if he ever gets a shot in the games. It's not like anyone else is tearing it up in the backfield at this point. Ball probably winds up starting before long but this kid's got some talent.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #37
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Bump.

Well the coaching staff apparently saw the same things I did in him since only he and McCray are making the active roster as UDFA's, so I'm curious now that he had that one nice game before getting hurt, what people think of CJ Anderson. I still think he's going to surprise if he ever gets a shot in the games. It's not like anyone else is tearing it up in the backfield at this point. Ball probably winds up starting before long but this kid's got some talent.
He's almost certainly better than Lance Ball. I can't really commit to more than that until I see him play some more.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #38
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Keep in mind that this SZB blocking scheme has a history here and elsewhere of turning seemingly pedestrian backs into 1000 yard rushers. The skill set necessary for success is different. We've seen this repeatedly. He seems to have the instincts to function in this system. Looking at our present situation, the running game is the one aspect of the offense that worries me. With McGahee gone, we have no real power back. Even Ball is only 215 pounds, and KM we all know has trouble staying on the field. That leaves 195 pound Ronnie Hillman, who still has to prov he can hang onto the ball. Anderson's built like a guy who can get yards after the initial hit, and in case it's been missed, he notched 5-6 ypc at Cal. I have a feeling he'll matter more than expected before the year is up.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote