The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #4601
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

so wait, they just draft a RT #1 overall? i'll all for getting top tier OL talent but damn.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #4602
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
so wait, they just draft a RT #1 overall? i'll all for getting top tier OL talent but damn.
According to reports in KC, Albert will most likely be playing RT (possibly G) while Fisher plays LT.

It's obvious that our coach and GM prefer Fisher. Albert seems to have no choice as of now.

If he's upset and holds out, then he's going to lose a lot of money.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #4603
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
According to reports in KC, Albert will most likely be playing RT (possibly G) while Fisher plays LT.

It's obvious that our coach and GM prefer Fisher. Albert seems to have no choice as of now.

so Albert finally agreed to move? i know before he refused to move to RT.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #4604
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-gets-smoked/

McCoy challenges “old man” Vick to race, and gets smoked
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #4605
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-gets-smoked/

McCoy challenges “old man” Vick to race, and gets smoked
see, Vick had a uncle Drew moment. had to teach the young whippersnappers the what for.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #4606
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...man-to-chiefs/

Reports: Cardinals to trade Anthony Sherman to Chiefs

Is KC trying to corner the market on FB's? Don't they already have three or more? What on earth is Andy Reid trying to do?
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #4607
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Carter plays outside in the nickel :/

Harris and next years 2 for Vacarro... just to help Mickey out
I know, I was looking at teams that could use another CB that have extra players at positions of needs for us. Like The Panthers that are planning on Drayton Florence being a starting CB for them Is Carter worth a LB since they are stacked with them? Jon Beason, AJ Klein, Chase Blackburn, and Luke Kuechly are capable of playing MLB in the NFL(Klein being a wildcard).
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #4608
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet 5m
From Total Access: I'm told parties view Branden Albert deal as "dead." Chiefs will now turn their attention to a long-term deal for Albert.

Great deal. And this is even better..

Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet 4m
From Total Access: Source says # Dolphins offered just a third-rounder for Branden Albert, not No. 54 like we all thought. Didn't get it done

Props to John Dorsey. Giving Albert away for only a 3rd is foolish. OL looks much better with both Fisher and Albert on the team.

Hahahaha! Remember in the Cheifs suck thread where you were excited about a second from the Dolphins, and I told you they would only settle for a third? You thought the Cheifs had all the leverage in that deal, because you had no idea who was on the Dolphins roster

Typical homerism, overrating your teams players.

Last edited by DivineLegion; 05-02-2013 at 01:53 PM..
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #4609
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Bears have four draft picks signed already. They are not messing around!

Marquess Wilson - WR - Bears

Bears agreed to terms with No. 236 overall picks WR Marquess Wilson on a four-year contract.
Wilson (6-foot-2 5/8, 194) didn't play football in 2012 after leaving Washington State and alleging "abuse" against coach Mike Leach. As a junior in 2011, Wilson caught 82 passes for 1,388 yards and 12 touchdowns. He has a realistic shot at seeing significant snaps as a rookie in three-wide sets.

Khaseem Greene - LB - Bears

Bears agreed to terms with No. 117 overall pick OLB Khaseem Greene on a four-year contract.
Greene (6-foot 3/4, 241) plays faster than his 4.71 forty time indicates, and he also has a nose for the football. He led Rutgers with 125 tackles and forced six fumbles as a senior. Greene projects as Lance Briggs' heir apparent at weak-side linebacker, but he'll likely focus on special teams as a rookie.

Bears ink fifth-rounder Mills to 4-year deal

Bears agreed to terms with No. 167 overall pick G/T Jordan Mills on a four-year contract.
Mills is the first draft pick to sign. The Bears moved quickly to lock up their picks in 2012, and are expected to do so again this season. GM Phil Emery singled out Mills' versatility as one of the main reasons the Bears drafted him. "We'll probably start him out at right tackle and let him learn a little bit and we'll move him around." Mills has prototypical left-tackle size (6-foot-5, 316 pounds, 34-inch arms), but limited athleticism means he'll stick at right tackle and guard

Bears get sixth-rounder Washington signed

Bears agreed to terms with No. 188 overall pick DE Cornelius Washington on a four-year contract.
Washington (6-foot-4, 265 pounds) lit up the Combine with a 4.55 40-yard dash and 1.60 ten-yard split, but a lack of college production sent him tumbling to the sixth round after he was mocked as high as the third. Washington will back up LE Corey Wootton at a rookie. He's a project.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #4610
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Ravens sneak in and re-sign Bryant McKinnie

Ravens agreed to terms with LT Bryant McKinnie on a two-year contract.
McKinnie had reportedly been weighing offers from the Dolphins and Chargers on Thursday, but the Ravens were lurking in the tall grass and found a way to get the 34-year-old back under contract. It's just another strong signing for GM Ozzie Newsome this offseason. San Diego could turn its attention to free agent Max Starks, while Miami is likely to roll with Jonathan Martin at left tackle. The Ravens offensive line shapes up like this: LT McKinnie, LG Kelechi Osemele, C Gino Gradkowksi, RG Marshal Yanda, and RT Michael Oher.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #4611
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Can't wait to spank the Ratbirds and right the football universe!!
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #4612
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

Smart move, there was a huge difference between their week 15 OL and their week 19 OL
Old 05-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #4613
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

smart move by the Bears. get the guys signed and ready to go so your new coach can assess this team properly and get them moving in the direction he desires. plus, they can't afford any distractions after Lovie and Urlacher.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #4614
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

McKinnie had reportedly been weighing offers from the Dolphins and Chargers on Thursday, but the Ravens were lurking in the tall grass and found a way to get the 34-year-old back under contract. It's just another strong signing for GM Ozzie Newsome this offseason. San Diego could turn its attention to free agent Max Starks, while Miami is likely to roll with Jonathan Martin at left tackle. The Ravens offensive line shapes up like this: LT McKinnie, LG Kelechi Osemele, C Gino Gradkowksi, RG Marshal Yanda, and RT Michael Oher.
Ravens should have Franchised him then drafted a LT in the 1st round and then try to trade him for 2nd round pick and threaten to move him to RT, that sounds like that would work every time right?

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #4615
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Hahahaha! Remember in the Cheifs suck thread where you were excited about a second from the Dolphins, and I told you they would only settle for a third? You thought the Cheifs had all the leverage in that deal, because you had no idea who was on the Dolphins roster

Typical homerism, overrating your teams players.
He is worth a 2nd and that's why he wasn't traded. Now we're keeping a good (but not great OL) to add to another good one we just got and that's making the team better.

Jeff Ireland is a fool if he truly thinks Jonathan Martin is going to be a force at LT IMO.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #4616
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:

Report on ESPN's NFL Live today was that Albert was going to play LT and Fisher will start at RT so you did draft a RT 1st overall.

I think it is more a ploy by Reid to placate Albert and get him to show and not hold out.

As of right now all trade options for Albert are dead. If kFc really wanted to move him they should have taken a 3rd and maybe a lower conditional type pick next year in the 3-5 range.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #4617
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Report on ESPN's NFL Live today was that Albert was going to play LT and Fisher will start at RT so you did draft a RT 1st overall.

I think it is more a ploy by Reid to placate Albert and get him to show and not hold out.

As of right now all trade options for Albert are dead. If kFc really wanted to move him they should have taken a 3rd and maybe a lower conditional type pick next year in the 3-5 range.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #4618
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Well, the Chiefs will probably get a 3rd round compensatory pick for Albert in 2015 now.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #4619
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

I'm not taking his word at 100% right now because I think they are still trying to trade him. It decreases his value to say that he is a RT.

I think Albert is worth more than a 3rd as seen by his pass protection the last 2 years. I think what's holding him back is his price tag though.
Having Albert back is far more valuable than losing him for only a 3rd round pick. I don't think he's elite, but I think he is good.

I think there is no doubt about it that Fisher will be the long term LT. Might start off at RT at first, but I think in 2014 he'll be the LT.

Reid drafted Andrews in the first round to be an OT in tackle but played him at G his first year before moving him to OT, so he has a history of this.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #4620
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

How are the Chiefs going to keep Albert in 2014? He said he wont to move to RT (meaning he wants to be paid like a LT) and you're not going to pay him LT money to play RT.

Next year is supposed to be another big crop for premium LTs so this whole situation is going to come up again, especially since the salary cap isn't expected to go up again next year. Teams will go younger and cheaper (like the Chiefs just did).
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #4621
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...nville-jaguars

I was really hoping we were going to snag this kid..
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #4622
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...nville-jaguars

I was really hoping we were going to snag this kid..
i wanted him but i'll gladly take Sly. too good of a impact DL to pass up at a area of need that's been a need since the early 2000's.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #4623
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Panthers | Open to trading DeAngelo Williams
Sun, 05 May 2013 10:11:38 -0700

Carolina Panthers general manager David Gettleman did not rule out the possibility of trading RB DeAngelo Williams at some point.

He has no trade value, but I wouldn't mind picking him up if he was cut. Dump Moreno and McGahee and roll with Ball, Williams, and Hillman as our 3 RBs with Hester as the utility back.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #4624
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i wanted him but i'll gladly take Sly. too good of a impact DL to pass up at a area of need that's been a need since the early 2000's.
Well, we had no shot on him unless we moved up big time. Glad we got Sylvester Williams and Ball should contribute from Day 1. Now, I'd of gladly moved future picks to get him. 3rd + future 3rd to get Cyprien. Oh ya.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #4625
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Well, we had no shot on him unless we moved up big time. Glad we got Sylvester Williams and Ball should contribute from Day 1. Now, I'd of gladly moved future picks to get him. 3rd + future 3rd to get Cyprien. Oh ya.
i meant that i wanted him in the first round. but since we got Sly i have no issue with not landing him.