The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #76
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Obama had a far superior ground game over Clinton,Clintons mistake was counting her eggs before they hatch.
Agree, and thi is another huge thing the Rs will have to overcome. News flash: Obama isn't going away after his term is up. He kept his ground game infrastructure intact, and IMO will continue to work in that area after he's done. That's a huge advantage, as we saw in both of the last elections.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #77
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, like when she called in sick instead of testifying. But otherwise, I think you're right. I mean enduring all that sniper fire as first lady probably really stiffened her disposition.
Yeah, comeback when you got a legitimate point.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #78
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Agree, and thi is another huge thing the Rs will have to overcome. News flash: Obama isn't going away after his term is up. He kept his ground game infrastructure intact, and IMO will continue to work in that area after he's done. That's a huge advantage, as we saw in both of the last elections.
he's only going to be an asset if Obamacare working well and the economy is growing/unemployment down.

I just read that even state govt are cutting part time employees from 34 hours to 29 so they don't have to give insurance. That send a lot more people to the exchanges then Obama counted on. The costs are skyrocketing and whether or not Obamacare can work is still undecided.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #79
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
I don't think it's a longshot...if I were taking bets I'd say she's 70% likely to run. She won't likely get Obama'ed by some young guy because there's really no Obama to pull it off. We all knew after the 04 DNC speech Obama was going to be hard to bring down. IMO the democrats don't have someone like that yet. Julian Castro gave an amazing speech, but he's not quite big enough yet. When Clinton realizes that she's got an easy road to the nomination, it'll be hard to convince her NOT to run.

If I had to guess this far out the D nominee will go to Clinton and someone like Deval Patrick, someone else who shone at the DNC.

Another one that is getting buzz is Elizabeth Warren, but if Clinton were to run she wouldn't have a chance against her.
what about Biden? The VP usually gets a shot.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #80
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

I really wish Clinton would have won. I think she would have done a better job the Obama. You could see here first thought in Egypt was calm down, no reason to oust mubarek, lets try and start an orderly progression to free elections. Obama? HEY MUBARAK GET THE **** OUT!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #81
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
he's only going to be an asset if Obamacare working well and the economy is growing/unemployment down.

I just read that even state govt are cutting part time employees from 34 hours to 29 so they don't have to give insurance. That send a lot more people to the exchanges then Obama counted on. The costs are skyrocketing and whether or not Obamacare can work is still undecided.
The infrastructure he already built will help them no matter what people think of Obamacare. We're not talking about name recognition and association here, we're talking about networking. Another way of putting it: community organization.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #82
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Obama had a far superior ground game over Clinton,Clintons mistake was counting her eggs before they hatch.
Clinton's problem was she was the inferior media candidate. And that vulnerability only gets worse with age. She'll be damn near 70 by 2016. "You Kids Get off my effin lawn!" doesn't energize the low-info swing voters quite so much as "hope" and "change"
Old 04-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #83
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
what about Biden? The VP usually gets a shot.
I don't think he's interested. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see it. And he'll be 71 I think? If he does put his name in he won't last long unless Clinton isn't in. If Clinton is not in the Ds will panic thinking they need someone with a ton of experience and go with Biden, which will only work if the Rs run a weak candidate like Romney, or an embarrassment like Palin.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #84
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Clinton's problem was...
She also had a far inferior campaign staff. Mark Penn in particular was completely incompetent. With better people running things she probably would have beat Obama.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #85
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
I don't think he's interested. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see it. And he'll be 71 I think? If he does put his name in he won't last long unless Clinton isn't in. If Clinton is not in the Ds will panic thinking they need someone with a ton of experience and go with Biden, which will only work if the Rs run a weak candidate like Romney, or an embarrassment like Palin.
Basically the same age as Hilliary though.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #86
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Yeah, comeback when you got a legitimate point.
His point is that Hillary is a liar.......

[] she lied about taking sniper fire ......

[] she lied about having a concussion.....

[] she lied about Whitewater.....oh, sorry she didn't "recall"...same ****.

[] she lied about being named after Sir Edmund Hillary.....

She lies about damn near everything.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #87
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
She also had a far inferior campaign staff. Mark Penn in particular was completely incompetent. With better people running things she probably would have beat Obama.

Democrats had quite the conflict that year....did they want to be labelled a sexist (vote Obama) or a racist (vote Hillary)...I'm guessing sexist is further down the liberal totem pole than racist is.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #88
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Democrats had quite the conflict that year....did they want to be labelled a sexist (vote Obama) or a racist (vote Hillary)...I'm guessing sexist is further down the liberal totem pole than racist is.
Yeah because we all know minorities couldn't possibly be just plain old good candidates. Certainly not when put up against a crazy old man and his simpleton hick running mate.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #89
TonyR
Franchise Poster

So why is a pressure cooker bomb a "weapon of mass destruction", but an AR-15 isn't?

Quote:
...why is a version of an AR-15, as used by Adam Lanza, that killed 28 human beings, not treated the same way? Why was that act not treated as a suicide bombing would be? If something that kills three people is responsible for “mass destruction”, why not a military weapon that can kill 28 and end in suicide? The AR-15 can be adapted to have a hundred bullets in a Beta C-Mag magazine. ...
You could kill dozens of people with those large, bullet-packed balls – and a terrorist could murder and maim many more human beings than were killed and injured in Boston. But it isn’t legally or technically a weapon of “mass” destruction. In fact, having one is a constitutional right.

Is this a great country, or what?
http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/...s-destruction/
Old 04-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #90
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
So why is a pressure cooker bomb a "weapon of mass destruction", but an AR-15 isn't?

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/...s-destruction/
Because the government's absurd definition of WMD's somehow includes even the crudest IEDs.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013...rnaev-charged/

Good news is, I guess our boys did find plenty of WMD's in Iraq after all. Awaiting media corrections.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #91
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Well I am on my 10 day waiting period going to rebuild my collection. I sold the 2 guns i used to have a few years ago when i went through my I don't need guns phase. First up will just be a basic shotgun probably like a remington pump with an 18 inch and a 28 inch barrel. Then after that if i can find one a mean and nasty AR that will make Diane Fientsien cry like a little b****.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #92
defenseman
Ring of Famer

2007 record pred. (7-9)

Quote:
The infrastructure he already built will help them no matter what people think of Obamacare. We're not talking about name recognition and association here, we're talking about networking. Another way of putting it: community organization.
An organized con-job.....I understand now......ahh for an american voter that had the intelligence to see through obama's big con....very sad.
defenseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #93
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Another great story of the benefits of gun ownership!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...946_story.html
Old 05-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #94
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Another great story of the benefits of gun ownership!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...946_story.html
This at least the fifth incident in less than a month where a toddler has shot someone.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Wom...202025261.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-wife/2066289/

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...sey&id=9057965

http://www.wbtw.com/story/21920755/3...g-self-in-home

Responsible gun owners, all of em.

I stand by my statement that if you have kids, you shouldn't be able to keep a gun on your property.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #95
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Well I am on my 10 day waiting period going to rebuild my collection. I sold the 2 guns i used to have a few years ago when i went through my I don't need guns phase. First up will just be a basic shotgun probably like a remington pump with an 18 inch and a 28 inch barrel. Then after that if i can find one a mean and nasty AR that will make Diane Fientsien cry like a little b****.

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/Master-mamba-c..._sim_sbs_hpc_5
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #96
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

They sell that stuff on Amazon? I must be naive.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #97
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
I stand by my statement that if you have kids, you shouldn't be able to keep a gun on your property.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #98
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9459_10151391053420126_2088802801_n.jpg (41.2 KB, 21 views)
ant1999e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #99
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
I'm glad you and I both agree that abortion should be banned in most cases.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #100
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
So Comrade Houghtam how would this be enforced, would you have the National Guard move through the neighborhoods and demand all families with children to surrender their firearms. It might be more effective if they just kick down the door and search the homes, it would make a bigger statement that we mean business.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote