The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #26
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I'm not exactly sure what they Broncos have planned when it comes to RG Chris Kuper. They certainly have protected themselves by adding RG Vasquez, who projects to the the starter at RG.

Do the Broncos want to keep Kuper around as a back up? I don't know if you could afford a 6M dollar backup RG. There's no doubt they probably will ask him to restructure, to what degree who knows. There's the possibility he could challenge LG Beadles. There's the option to place him on IR (not sure how realistic that is though).

I could imagine though, with a healthy Kuper at LG, this OL would be considered one of the top 3 or 4 OL's in the NFL.

So what's your best guess on this situation and how it will unfold?
Cutting Kuper would not save any moeny on the cap so he is moved over to compete with Beadles when he gets healthy.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #27
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
beadles is cheap. beadles just made the pro bowl. why are we still poo pooing this guy ? kuper cant stay healthy, maybe its time for him to hit the road.
Beadles is an unrestricted free agent next year. I don't know if he is in our longterm plans or not.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #28
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
beadles is cheap. beadles just made the pro bowl. why are we still poo pooing this guy ? kuper cant stay healthy, maybe its time for him to hit the road.
not poo pooing, but i doubt we franchise him as he'll be a UFA after the season and will require an extension or letting him walk. either way we need to be prepared.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #29
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Kuper is the leader of this franchise the NFL and isn't going anywhere. All will bend the knee to his awesome.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #30
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I'm not exactly sure what they Broncos have planned when it comes to RG Chris Kuper. They certainly have protected themselves by adding RG Vasquez, who projects to the the starter at RG.

Do the Broncos want to keep Kuper around as a back up? I don't know if you could afford a 6M dollar backup RG. There's no doubt they probably will ask him to restructure, to what degree who knows. There's the possibility he could challenge LG Beadles. There's the option to place him on IR (not sure how realistic that is though).

I could imagine though, with a healthy Kuper at LG, this OL would be considered one of the top 3 or 4 OL's in the NFL.

So what's your best guess on this situation and how it will unfold?
i know this is kind of an out there thought. but what if the team is looking at the possibility of him converting to Center. he is talented and if he is healthy he is one of if not the best lineman on the team. it would be a shame to let that go and wind up in Houston or Washington. Vasquez is going to start, Beadles is coming off a pro bowl season and is the only completely healthy lineman we have on the roster so he is a near lock to start. our biggest question mark on the line is Center. Walton is mediocre, Blake didn't even look good enough to be considered mediocre, and Koppen is gone.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #31
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
you do realize that since he became the starter at RG, aside from last season where he was coming back extremely early from a bad ankle injury and had other injuries compound because of that, he had only missed 2 games. something like 5 years and 2 missed games.

he has been very durable for us. last season can be looked at as a guy who tried to get back on the field sooner than he should have.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #32
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Guy is 30 years old, turns 31 in December.

2013: $5.4 million cap hit, $2.75 dead money

2014: $5.9 million cap hit, $0.00 dead money
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:50 AM   #33
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

He's probably not going to be on the Broncos but they will let him rehab and get healthy. PUP list sounds probable. Hopefully he can continue his career either with Denver or another team. Problem is they don't seem to value guards all that much and once you have been injured a few yrs in a row you are worth even less to them. Still he's better then Beadles when he's healthy.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:34 AM   #34
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post

That is interesting so If Denver cuts Kuper they save $3 million on this year's cap and $5.9 on next year's?

Old 05-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #35
g6matty

i like both beadles and kuper and hopefully we can keep them both but im not sure in what capacity. kuper is starting caliber but we just signed velasquez (sp?) that really shoot **** up. we also have philip blake from last years draft . idk bro but this is a good problem to have. i think?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #36
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

if healthy he competes for a starting job. pretty simple really..
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #37
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Keep him around this year for depth. We don't need the cap space this year cause Mays is gone (at least he should be). There is no cap hit to cut him next offseason, and with Beadles being UFA, I think they need to keep him around as insurance. I see Beadles as a better option for C than Kuper if you want to have both on the line.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #38
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post

Why does this post make me think about "Logan's Run?"
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #39
crowebomber
Ring of Famer

Old School Sucka Fool

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Why does this post make me think about "Logan's Run?"
He's a team leader so you give him the chance to come back even if it costs some money. I don't want to see him get the Al Wilson treatment.
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #40
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowebomber View Post
He's a team leader so you give him the chance to come back even if it costs some money. I don't want to see him get the Al Wilson treatment.
I've already said I want him on the team. The reference has to do with the age 30 being when society kills you off - ergo Logan's Run. Sad that at age 30, people are ready to kick you to the curb these days.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #41
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Would love to see him next to Clady again. If healthy, he destroys Beadles in fair competition. Who cares is he is 30? He can probably still play at a high level for the next 3-4 years. We are in a win now mode for the next 2 years. And having a quality backup in Beadles is great. If Kupe is healthy (no people, he ain't injury prone, just had really back luck and stubbornness in wanting to come back early), there is no reason for him to not be part of this team. We pay beadles dirt cheap. Deal with the demotion kid, you provide with invaluable (he is not that great by the way) depth.

People talking about cutting Kupe aren't thinking through. Save money for what? Save money for who? We have some vets on this team that are on the bubble or very likely to get cut (if Kupe is struggling with the recovery then he most than likely will get cut). Mays should have been out the door a long time ago. I think one of the TE's could be a surprise cut. Anyway again? Save money for what? I want 2 SB in the next 2 years! His money ain't crippling the teams future.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #42
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Let the Guards all compete...and may the best 3 make the squad.

Love Kuper....he's more than just a heady lineman....he's a Pro bowl player and team captain when he's healthy.

Love Beadles...he's grown so much! The kid showed himself last year. You have to believe that he improves further this year.

Vasquez...best lineman on the Chargers squad.

Interior line - Was a weakness - Maybe not anymore!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #43
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post

Love Kuper....he's more than just a heady lineman....he's a Pro bowl player and team captain when he's healthy.

Love Beadles...he's grown so much! The kid showed himself last year. You have to believe that he improves further this year.

Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #44
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post

still need work at the Center position
Old 05-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #45
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

God I'd love it if he could get back to form and be a center. The line would be so freaking awesome. Wish Kupesdad could way in on this, let us know if his boy can play center.

Last edited by spdirty; 05-01-2013 at 07:21 PM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #46
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Kuper is the leader of this franchise the NFL and isn't going anywhere. All will bend the knee to his awesome.
This.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #47
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Man if Kuper could figure center out, and still be as awesome as he was, with Peyton Manning still at QB, Ball would be the 1st overall pick in a lot of 2014 fantasy football drafts.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #48
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's easy Kuper does HGH he comes back and starts! Kuper doesn't do HGH at least hes married now and has someone to hang out with this yr! He needs the herbs and spices Adrian Peterson used.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #49
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

spray some Deer antler juice Kuper! Go North Dallas Forty on that ankle/knee and inject away! Get some stem cells, something.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #50
DENVERDUI55

Wow Kuper gets overrated on this board. Yes he is a warrior, team player, etc. The facts are Kuper is paid near the top for his position and doesn't play like it. At this point keep him this year then ship him unless he can play C.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 05-02-2013 at 07:19 PM..