The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #251
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Practice may help. But if you're not starting, the quality of practice you receive isn't nearly the same. Practicing with a bunch of guys you'll never play in a game with presents a whole different set of problems.
Oh come on, practicing does help. Players like Aaron Rodgers were notorious for running intense practices and making the team better (with players that never started).
Old 05-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #252
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
Oh come on, practicing does help. Players like Aaron Rodgers were notorious for running intense practices and making the team better (with players that never started).
Yet he still struggled his first year starting (4th year in the league)

And he was so bad for the first two years that the Packers thought about drafting his replacement.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #253
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Practice may help. But if you're not starting, the quality of practice you receive isn't nearly the same. Practicing with a bunch of guys you'll never play in a game with presents a whole different set of problems.
So a violinist walks up to a cabbie in NY and asks "how do I get to Carnegie Hall" the cabbie looks at him and says "Practice!"

Rimshot.

It is in practice that muscle memory is burned in and habits are created. It is easier for a musician to sit and practice for 4-8 hours a day to get better than a football player because football is a team sport but when your at the pinnacle of your field and people see you practice or rehearse and you are **** in rehearsal no one is going to trust him in live situations. It is like having a piano soloist who fumbles around a concerto during a rehearsal, it is not like the conductor is going to trust him to play flawlessly during the live concert.

Timmy got very lucky in enough games in 2011, that coupled with SD choking even worse got him into the playoffs where he had one of his few above avg games. It was not like we had anything else left to try.

When John saw PM become available he threw everything at him to bring him in even at 70-80% of what he once was because he knew PM would be consistent in both practice and games and they would know what to expect from him in a live situation even if he wasn't 100%.

Consistent is the one thing Tim never was, he seems to have worked hard in the weight room but seems to have struggled to comprehend things in practice and game situations.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #254
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

And he was so bad for the first two years that the Packers thought about drafting his replacement.
4,000 yards passing 63.6% in his 1st starting year is struggling? !

4500 yards 64% his 2nd year of starting. 30 Tds 7 ints.

I don't see any struggle there. He was in the pro bowl in 2009. Come on.

It's amazing you say he struggled yet he put up great numbers those 1st 2 years. Ridiculous.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 05-01-2013 at 01:58 PM..
Old 05-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #255
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Why do you constantly compare a rookie to a player who wasn't a rookie

How about you compare his 2nd year season performance
Comparing 2 nd years doesn't move the goal posts correctly for Beavis. The fact that he is comparing arguably the GOAT to arguably the worst passing ever shows plain ignorance.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #256
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Consistent is the one thing Tim never was, he seems to have worked hard in the weight room but seems to have struggled to comprehend things in practice and game situations.
I disagree when it comes to consistency. If you heard your violinist nail the Grosse Fuge one day, but he effs it up 8 times out of 10, you'd say to yourself "Well he did it once, he needs to practice, and he'll be more reliable"

I think consistency is where there's the most room for improvement.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #257
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Yeah, they were so concerned about him in 2008 (his first year starting) that they offered him a $65m dollar extension.

Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #258
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I disagree when it comes to consistency. If you heard your violinist nail the Grosse Fuge one day, but he effs it up 8 times out of 10, you'd say to yourself "Well he did it once, he needs to practice, and he'll be more reliable"

I would say he shouldn't quit his day job.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #259
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
Thats just not true. Practicing makes players better.
I believe this is mandatory whenever the subject of practice comes up......

BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #260
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
4,000 yards passing 63.6% in his 1st starting year is struggling? !

4500 yards 64% his sophomore year. 30 Tds 7 ints.

I don't see any struggle there. He was in the pro bowl in 2009. Come on.

It's amazing you say he struggled yet he put up great numbers those 1st 2 years. Ridiculous.
That's a good argument, and I didn't really look his numbers up. All I remember is Packers fans b****ing about wanting The Wrangler back as they faded down the stretch, where he hit his roughest patch of the season (turning the ball over and taking sacks)

And I got you calling his 5th season his "sophomore year" so that's something.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #261
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That's a good argument, and I didn't really look his numbers up. All I remember is Packers fans b****ing about wanting The Wrangler back as they faded down the stretch, where he hit his roughest patch of the season (turning the ball over and taking sacks)

That's your first mistake. Listening to bellyaching fans.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #262
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Another example of the "sitting and learning" approach paying off is Rivers. He threw 3388 yards 22 TDs 9 INTS 92.0 QB rating his first season starting after sitting behind Brees for his first two seasons. Every player is different, but certainly in those two cases that approach allowed them to avoid the typical doldrums of a rookie starting QB.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #263
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

wut?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #264
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Ha it was a slip. 2nd season starting was what I meant. After reading it I fixed it though. Meaning I thought It wasn't right calling it that
Old 05-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #265
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Another example of the "sitting and learning" approach paying off is Rivers. He threw 3388 yards 22 TDs 9 INTS 92.0 QB rating his first season starting after sitting behind Brees for his first two seasons. Every player is different, but certainly in those two cases that approach allowed them to avoid the typical doldrums of a rookie starting QB.
Kapernick sat a full year under Harbaugh. Certainly he showed promise from his first year into last year. I don't see him playing that way his rookie year.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #266
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
That's your first mistake. Listening to bellyaching fans.
Worst part is I usually give other people **** for doing that.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #267
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Meh, You have to play to really progress. I'm still hoping the kid gets his shot somewhere.
I don't have much hope for Tebow's progress because it seems like he's regressed, if anything. I saw no progress in his miracle year in Denver and his win ability is supported by a pretty small sample size.

I had a lot of fun watching him in Denver, but he was pretty crappy. And, yes, he played well against Pittsburgh, but Pitt was in some crappy defense that basically ignored the pass and they never adjusted. When NE played a simple cover 2 the next week, he was lost.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #268
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:

If anyone playing in a Quartet could only get through the piece twice and they couldn't replace him they would have to pick something easier like a Mozart Hunt Quartet or an early Haydn one. Kinda like how McCoy had to call QB draws on 3rd and 16 all the time.

It is not like a Quartet could allow a bad Violinist to scratch his way through the Allegro, Meno Mosso e Maoderato, Allegro, Fuga etc... movements only to have him rock the last few bars of the Meno Mosso e Maoderato at the end.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #269
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I would say he shouldn't quit his day job.
REP
Old 05-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #270
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Kapernick sat a full year under Harbaugh. Certainly he showed promise from his first year into last year. I don't see him playing that way his rookie year.
Then again Brees threw up a sub-Tebow passer rating for two seasons after sitting through his first.

Every situation is different. And in nearly every other situation a team would still take a chance on a guy like Tebow just because of his dedication to do whatever it takes. It's really too bad he can't pull a Leon Sandcastle for a few years and get a do-over without all the frenzy.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #271
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Uh, no.
Care to elaborate? He's certainly better than the vast majority of backup QBs, as well as ****ty starters like Weeden, Gabbert or Ponder.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #272
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
When NE played a simple cover 2 the next week, he was lost.
Apparently so was our offensive line. And defense. But it is what it is.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #273
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If anyone playing in a Quartet could only get through the piece twice and they couldn't replace him they would have to pick something easier like a Mozart Hunt Quartet or an early Haydn one. Kinda like how McCoy had to call QB draws on 3rd and 16 all the time.

It is not like a Quartet could allow a bad Violinist to scratch his way through the Allegro, Meno Mosso e Maoderato, Allegro, Fuga etc... movements only to have him rock the last few bars of the Meno Mosso e Maoderato at the end.
Then again, not every NFL team is the LSO. Some orchestras suck, and have more tolerance for growing pains than others. Kyle Orton still has a job FFS. What's the upside there?
Old 05-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #274
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Care to elaborate? He's certainly better than the vast majority of backup QBs, as well as ****ty starters like Weeden, Gabbert or Ponder.
You keep saying that. It doesn't mean its true.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #275
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Apparently so was our offensive line. And defense. But it is what it is.
Fine, he was lost against basically every team that didn't play a cover zero. He had some nice drives at the end of games, and he should be given credit for those, but over all he was pretty ****ty and got a huge dose of good fortune to win games.

it was fun, loved that season. But come on.