The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #226
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
No, I saw it. It was a terrible day by any measure. The only half-explanation I found that satisfied was Elway's -- the whole game, Tebow would not and did not "pull the trigger." He seemed to have become addicted to the idea that if he could not make mistakes, he could just win it in the fourth.

I give him credit for one thing -- he correctly surmised that Kyle Orton would not be able to lead his team to points. But his actual play that day was terrible.

But trust me, I've heard it mentioned 1,000 times -- it is a cherished, cherished memory by those who don't think Tebow can play. And there's really no defense of that game. If you're allowed to write off games in the NFL as "terrible day," then that one goes in that column. If nothing is allowed to be written off, then that game is a huge black mark.

The only thing that goes against it is the very next week -- he said he was going to "pull the trigger" and he did. He flat out winged down the field, throwing for a huge YPA.

But then there's the week after against the Patriots. So, some say close the book.
It was a playoff clinching game. Those types of games hold more water than other games that can be written off. Win and you're in. Lose and you're ou... Oh wait there's Rivers to clean it up. The next game was a great one no doubt. But I'm not going to throw the reason that game existed under the rug
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #227
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It was a playoff clinching game. Those types of games hold more water than other games that can be written off. Win and you're in. Lose and you're ou... Oh wait there's Rivers to clean it up. The next game was a great one no doubt. But I'm not going to throw the reason that game existed under the rug
Regular Season games mean more than Playoff Games, is I think what you're trying to say.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #228
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Regular Season games mean more than Playoff Games, is I think what you're trying to say.
A game that is needed to get into the playoffs? That's pretty important. Means that all important steeler game wouldn't exist
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #229
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You guys in bashing the Broncos to prop up some two bit QB make me sick. Damn near the same team with Manning won 13 games. Thomas, Decker and Beadles all had career years with a REAL QB after being blasted by fans for sucking balls with Teblow.

This is exactly why I don't like Teblow. Worst team in the NFL. **** off.
Lolz. Starting off 1-5 and 0-2 in the pitiful West proved that team was ELITE without Tebow! ELITE I TELLZ YA!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #230
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Vegas has it at 68% over under that he will play in the NFL. I think that's up to him. If he shows willingness to change position there's a chance a team will pick him up. If he's 100 QB or bust no ones going to start him.

Gotta factor in some injuries to QBs later on. Then it could be back up option
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #231
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
A game that is needed to get into the playoffs? That's pretty important. Means that all important steeler game wouldn't exist
Quick question... how many playoff clinching games did PMFM win in his first 16 games?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #232
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Quick question... how many playoff clinching games did PMFM win in his first 16 games?
Again comparing rookie years when one player wasn't a rookie.

Tebow was zero.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #233
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Quick question... how many playoff clinching games did PMFM win in his first 16 games?
Please don't make comparisons between Manning and Tebow and then expect to be taken seriously. Laughably, moronically stupid.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #234
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Again comparing rookie years when one player wasn't a rookie.

Tebow was zero.
Lolz. Ok, how many playoff games did PMFM win in his first 16 or 32 or 48 or 64 or 80 games?

Oh, and take a look at his stat line on this playoff game (in his 5TH NFL Season)

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0301040nyj.htm

Anyway, you were saying something about young QB's and big games or something?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #235
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Please don't make comparisons between Manning and Tebow and then expect to be taken seriously. Laughably, moronically stupid.
Quick how many seasons did Manning last in the NFL. Now compare that to Tebow
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #236
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Lolz. Ok, how many playoff games did PMFM win in his first 16 or 32 or 48 or 64 or 80 games?

Oh, and take a look at his stat line on this playoff game (in his 5TH NFL Season)

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0301040nyj.htm

Anyway, you were saying something about young QB's and big games or something?

So at first you say "playoff clinching games" now you say "playoff games"

You're all over the place.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #237
NorCalBronco7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

There still people defending Tebow?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #238
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
So at first you say "playoff clinching games" now you say "playoff games"

You're all over the place.
You said 'playoff clinching' games. I said playoff games mean more.

I just couldn't make a fair 'clinching games' comparison because Peyton's team basement-dwelled his first 16 games. You have to win some games first to get to the 'clinching' part.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #239
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Please don't make comparisons between Manning and Tebow and then expect to be taken seriously. Laughably, moronically stupid.
I love how he always goes back to Mannings rookie year as if it was horrendous. I wouldn't doubt he would keep comparing each year to Mannings rookie year. I can confidently say tebow will NEVER get close to 4,000 yards 26 TDs in ANY year. Manning breaks 5 rookie QB records his rookie year. That is absolutely unacceptable and horrible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #240
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You said 'playoff clinching' games. I said playoff games mean more.

I just couldn't make a fair 'clinching games' comparison because Peyton's team basement-dwelled his first 16 games. You have to win some games first to get to the 'clinching' part.
Why do you constantly compare a rookie to a player who wasn't a rookie

How about you compare his 2nd year season performance
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #241
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I love how he always goes back to Mannings rookie year as if it was horrendous. I wouldn't doubt he would keep comparing each year to Mannings rookie year. I can confidently say tebow will NEVER get close to 4,000 yards 26 TDs in ANY year. Manning breaks 5 rookie QB records his rookie year. That is absolutely unacceptable and horrible.
It's obvious you don't understand the point of the conversation.

You're pointing to a game or two as evidence of something. Meanwhile, every QB in the league that's gone anywhere had a game or two, even 'big games' that were effing terrible.

Chad Pennington made 5-year PMFM look like a rookie Tim Tebow one game. What does that establish?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #242
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Why do you constantly compare a rookie to a player who wasn't a rookie

How about you compare his 2nd year season performance
You're going to be epic if Brock over comes online. I'm sure you'll be saying "This **** is unacceptable! Brock's a 4 year vet!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #243
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You're going to be epic if Brock over comes online. I'm sure you'll be saying "This **** is unacceptable! Brock's a 4 year vet!"
It's safe to say I'm more confident in Brock's progression after being in the league for a year. Brock starting a game last year or Brock starting a game this year. It's an easy choice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #244
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It's safe to say I'm more confident in Brock's progression after being in the league for a year. Brock starting a game last year or Brock starting a game this year. It's an easy choice.
Brock's going to struggle whenever he sees the field. And nobody will be surprised. Because that's what usually happens in your first games, whenever they come.

And Brock will have learned from Peyton Manning. What would he have learned from the Great Neckbeard?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #245
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Brock's going to struggle whenever he sees the field. And nobody will be surprised. Because that's what usually happens in your first games, whenever they come.

And Brock will have learned from Peyton Manning. What would he have learned from the Great Neckbeard?
Players who have problems remembering the plays they called in the huddle on the line of scrimmage struggle. I see players come in all the time and become good. There were examples just this year. See you keep comparing all these other QBs in hopes that tebow can do the same. Problem is those QBs progress at the next level while tebow hasn't won't and will not.

4th year in and still can't explain the difference between 2 deep 3 deep and zero coverage much less see them.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 05-01-2013 at 01:58 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #246
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Players who have problems remembering the plays they called in the huddle on the line of scrimmage struggle. I see players come in all the time and become good. There were examples just this year. See you keep comparing all these other QBs in hopes that tebow can do the same. Problem is those QBs progress at the next level while tebow hasn't won't and will not.

4th year in and still can't explain the difference between 2 deep 3 deep and zero coverage much less see them.
Meh, You have to play to really progress. I'm still hoping the kid gets his shot somewhere.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #247
NorCalBronco7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Meh, You have to play to really progress. I'm still hoping the kid gets his shot somewhere.
Thats just not true. Practicing makes players better. Actual playing time is the best, but the fact that Tebow doesnt have much experience there isnt an excuse for him not getting better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #248
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
Thats just not true. Practicing makes players better. Actual playing time is the best, but the fact that Tebow doesnt have much experience there isnt an excuse for him not getting better.
Practice may help. But if you're not starting, the quality of practice you receive isn't nearly the same. Practicing with a bunch of guys you'll never play in a game with presents a whole different set of problems.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #249
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Practice may help. But if you're not starting, the quality of practice you receive isn't nearly the same. Practicing with a bunch of guys you'll never play in a game with presents a whole different set of problems.
Playing certainly helps. But where he's struggling is usually fixed in practice. It doesn't matter what players he's matched up with in practice its the overall language and ingredients of an offense that he doesn't translate. Reading defenses and going through progressions are tuned up in practice. The players skill levels he's practicing with shouldn't make a difference when its pre snap problems he's having.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #250
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,255

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Practice may help. But if you're not starting, the quality of practice you receive isn't nearly the same. Practicing with a bunch of guys you'll never play in a game with presents a whole different set of problems.
Teblow started 12 games & never progressed.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Denver Broncos