The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
B-Large

Default Anybody here a Contractor in Denver?

Mods, this is obviously not int he right section, so feel free to move, but I figured its offseason and maybe someone will see this and respond.

Anyway, I am going to frame out part of our basement for a writing area for my wife with custom cabinetry, but I am not sure of one thing and before I go to get a permit, I would like to have htis down.

I am going to frame with floating walls, but what does Code require between the cement foundation walls and the framing? I assume there is requirements for vapor exchange, but I can't find it described anywhere. I am having my electrician and HVAC contractors do that part, I am just framing, sheetrocking and finishing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Mods, this is obviously not int he right section, so feel free to move, but I figured its offseason and maybe someone will see this and respond.

Anyway, I am going to frame out part of our basement for a writing area for my wife with custom cabinetry, but I am not sure of one thing and before I go to get a permit, I would like to have htis down.

I am going to frame with floating walls, but what does Code require between the cement foundation walls and the framing? I assume there is requirements for vapor exchange, but I can't find it described anywhere. I am having my electrician and HVAC contractors do that part, I am just framing, sheetrocking and finishing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
what county are you in and how old is the house?
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
what county are you in and how old is the house?
Denver County, our home was built in 1948- 1 story with full basement.