The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #51
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Big Al and Dmac talked today about Freeney. Supposedly John gave him until Saturday to give him a call on whether he wanted to be a Bronco and then they signed Phillips. Supossedly Freeney now says his asking price is 2 years $8 mill and both DMac and Big Al thought he'd soon be a Bronco.
Big John ain't ****in' around anymore. NFL take notice. DMac called the Sylvester Williams pick in a mock draft...that's all either one of them have gotten right over the past several years.

Broncos don't need Freeney, and couldn't afford him at $4M per year anyway. Best be moving on homeboy. Day late and a dollar short.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #52
Broncojef
Ring of Famer
 
Broncojef's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Great White North
Posts: 3,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
**** him, we have our DE replacement now.
sucker tried to hold out for too much coin and assumed we'd bite.
Elway once again played the situation perfectly. We need playmakers across the board if Freeney is willing to come cheaply no issue with adding him. We have a Championship to win. I still think Freeney is a Bronco and Abraham a Patriot when all is said and done.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #53
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,286
Default

I think Phillips and Ayers could make up for Dumervil's 11 sacks. Don't forget Knighton's ability to collapse the pocket.

Add Sly Williams to the mix, and it could be a jail break.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #54
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Elway once again played the situation perfectly. We need playmakers across the board if Freeney is willing to come cheaply no issue with adding him. We have a Championship to win. I still think Freeney is a Bronco and Abraham a Patriot when all is said and done.
we can't afford him. we had just over 9 mil in cap before Phillips signed.
we'll have just over 8 mil now, once the rookies all sign we'll likely have what, 3.5-4 mil left over.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #55
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,551

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
we can't afford him. we had just over 9 mil in cap before Phillips signed.
we'll have just over 8 mil now, once the rookies all sign we'll likely have what, 3.5-4 mil left over.
Freeney isn't getting what he is asking for though. His price will keep falling. He wants Osi Umenyiora money now and he won't get that either.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #56
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
we can't afford him. we had just over 9 mil in cap before Phillips signed.
we'll have just over 8 mil now, once the rookies all sign we'll likely have what, 3.5-4 mil left over.
There will be more cuts before all is said and done. Mays would free up 4 million I believe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #57
R-Mac
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Damontre Moore became trash around here because of a 40-yard dash and bench press. It's funny now because we don't even know Quanterus Smith's numbers. He didn't do any drill during the process. We don't have his speed, strength and agility tests. If the guy won't perform well in a certain test, maybe the best plan is to simply skip the test. Barkevious Mingo skipped the bench press so no one has a number to mock.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #58
R-Mac
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
There will be more cuts before all is said and done. Mays would free up 4 million I believe.
The Broncos tried to trade Mays during the draft and they're probably still trying to find a trade before releasing him. It's pretty much like Tebow and the Jets. The Broncos will try to get a conditional 7th round pick in 2030 before getting rid of Mays.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #59
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,551

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Mac View Post
Damontre Moore became trash around here because of a 40-yard dash and bench press. It's funny now because we don't even know Quanterus Smith's numbers. He didn't do any drill during the process. We don't have his speed, strength and agility tests. If the guy won't perform well in a certain test, maybe the best plan is to simply skip the test. Barkevious Mingo skipped the bench press so no one has a number to mock.
Moore became trash in the the eyes of the NFL GM's because of he decided not to work out prior to the NFL combine. He showed up weak and lazy, then hurt himself. That is just one of the small reasons he fell to the 3rd round after being hyped as a top 10 pick. Sorry you think the posters of the OMane cause his stock to fall off though

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 04-30-2013 at 09:28 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #60
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
There will be more cuts before all is said and done. Mays would free up 4 million I believe.
true but that won't likely be for a bit. the Broncos might wait all the way until TC to see who gets hurt and if a team gets desperate for a MLB and will give us at least a 7th round pick for him.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #61
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,943

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I think Phillips and Ayers could make up for Dumervil's 11 sacks. Don't forget Knighton's ability to collapse the pocket.

Add Sly Williams to the mix, and it could be a jail break.
Yeah but I think Knighton will play more of a nose and Sly/Vickerson will be more of a 3 tech!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #62
R-Mac
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Sorry you think the posters of the OMane cause his stock to fall off though
Unless "around here"= "in the eyes of the NFL GM's", you missed your shot. Nice reading skills

If Quanterus Smith had a 4.9 40-yard dash "the posters of the OMane" would not be excited about the pick.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #63
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,551

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Mac View Post
Unless "around here"= "in the eyes of the NFL GM's", you missed your shot. Nice reading skills

If Quanterus Smith had a 4.9 40-yard dash "the posters of the OMane" would not be excited about the pick.
Seeing how the NFL GM's agreed with the majority of the Omane posters "around here" that he has issues, I guess posters "around here" were right in trashing him.

Keep claiming it was JUST the 40 time that made posters not want to trade up in the first round and draft Moore. If you read the posts you would have known that. Only one person wanted to trade up for Moore in the first round. Say it with me again only one person wanted to trade up for Moore! He wasn't worth trading up for in THE FIRST ROUND OF THE NFL DRAFT!!

If Quanterus Smith ran a 4.9 40 people would have said that is to be expected seeing how he is just 5 months removed from injury lol.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:28 AM.


Denver Broncos