The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #176
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
I had a peanut butter and jelly sammich for lunch today
In honor of Tebow because it's his favorite lunch time treat ?
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #177
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #178
crowebomber
Ring of Famer

Old School Sucka Fool

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka

A team like the Raiders should go all in on Tebow.
1. They are going to suck this year anyway.
2. They really don't have a legit starting quarterback right now.
3. This would likely put the Tebow argument to rest one way or another.
4. He will put people in the seats.
5. They will sell more jerseys to gang members, and maybe just wearing a Tebow jersey will make them think twice about robbing that liquor store.
6. He isn't likely to get arrested, unlike most of his teammates.
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #179
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

All valid points. Posters will not make sense on the Orangemane. Shame on you
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #180
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

An indoor league team in Omaha offers Tebow a contract:

Quote:
The Beef's current quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.

McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow.

"I think Tim can learn a lot from me," McNear said.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...tebow-contract

Ouch.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #181
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
If any of them were any good(including tebow) they wouldn't have to switch positions. What they are pointing out is those players realized they weren't going to make it as a QB and did what it takes to switch positions to keep an NFL job. Tebow cannot accept that. He's a QB or nothing according to him.
Lets be real here, remember Jarious Jackson from about 10 years ago? Shanny told him to move to Safety in order to try to stay in the NFL and he didn't make it out of TC if I remember.

I think Timmy is smart for not changing positions. Eventually some desperate franchise will come calling.

Timmy can sit and wait for the phone to ring or he can jump on the Canada gig and try to win the job or he could just quietly pack it up and move on to his next career which he will likely succeed at and actually be able to make a true impact for change if he so chooses, he can also go to the dark side into politics and make a boat load of money.

As in both Scar face movies "The World is Yours"! Timmy should go on ESPN and do the "Bad guy" scene in the fancy restaurant from Scarface: ""Whattaya lookin' at? You're all a bunch of ****ing a-holes. You know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ****ing fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on; the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell ya. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through; you better get outta his way!"
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #182
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

He's done as a football player.

He'll host an inspirational variety show on the 700 club until he's well-groomed enough to transition into politics. Kid will be a Senator or Governor of a southern state in 10 years tops.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #183
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Lets be real here, remember Jarious Jackson from about 10 years ago? Shanny told him to move to Safety in order to try to stay in the NFL and he didn't make it out of TC if I remember.

I think Timmy is smart for not changing positions. Eventually some desperate franchise will come calling.

Timmy can sit and wait for the phone to ring or he can jump on the Canada gig and try to win the job or he could just quietly pack it up and move on to his next career which he will likely succeed at and actually be able to make a true impact for change if he so chooses, he can also go to the dark side into politics and make a boat load of money.

As in both Scar face movies "The World is Yours"! Timmy should go on ESPN and do the "Bad guy" scene in the fancy restaurant from Scarface: ""Whattaya lookin' at? You're all a bunch of ****ing a-holes. You know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ****ing fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on; the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell ya. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through; you better get outta his way!"
I don't see any NFL team getting that desperate.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #184
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
That's what I see. No matter how desperate there's always gonna be another option. Can't get more desperate than what the jags face and they screamed out a NO.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #185
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He doesn't make sense as a backup because he can't run a conventional NFL offense. Teams don't have the time on the practice field to implement 2 completely different offenses.

He could be very good at running a Tebow offense, but no one is going to actually commit to that long term.

I actually think the arena league would be better for him than Canada. Faster, shorter, more accurate throws are required. The game is faster and simplified with the players on the field.
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #186
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Just riffing on his options.

If you think about it, Tressel said he wants Cutler to run the read option this year. Timmy would be a legit backup to do that, that was the one thing he did well.

I could see getting close to TC where a team like duh bears or even San Fran brings him in if he is willing to backup.

If he is unwilling to be a backup read option QB then his football career is over.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #187
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Seriously, if the Jags aren't willing to use Timmy to whore out some tickets with Blaine Suckass at QB and CFL teams are talking about only bringing him in for a look; he's done.

He's not going to play for some ****ty indoor football league team for 500 bucks per game. Kid's a millionaire. He'll do motivational speeches where they'll loop the Pittsburgh throw over and over again in the background. He'll hit up the inspirational Christian guru racket with some crappy infomercial merchandise or better living book (where half of the pages are blank), and then he'll foray into politics where he'll be an Evangelical, Southern Republican superstar. He'll be a Senator or Governor in 10-12 years. No doubt in my mind.

Last edited by razorwire77; 04-30-2013 at 05:33 PM..
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #188
g00fyfoot
Seasoned Veteran

It's always baffled me that people think he could just switch positions and be able to compete at an NFL level. Based on what? His size? Athleticism? Seems to me that NFL players have extremely specialized and elite skills that take years of top-level training to perfect. It almost seems an insult to tight ends to suggest that someone could just plug him in and say "go get 'em Timmy", and he'd be able to excel at that level. Not sure what skills people have identified in him that would make them believe that.
g00fyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #189
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Edit: It's literally pointless to argue with you two geniuses.
Standard response for you when you stick your foot in your mouth which is quite often.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #190
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Standard response for you when you stick your foot in your mouth which is quite often.
Ouch......
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #191
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
That hurts that you feel that way
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #192
Jay3

I assume this is the new "tebow sucks" thread so I'll post this here. Story in da papers tonight with an extensive quote from a "2012 Jets starter" who wanted to remain anonymous. Basically says Tebow was never given a chance, that the Jets decided up front to just declare Mark's job was not up for discussion.

I think he sums up the feelings of Tebowite (for those that wonder what makes us tick):

Quote:
One offensive starter on the 2012 team spoke to Metro New York about the fallout of the Tebow trade last season. The starter spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the nature of the remarks.

“It’s done, it’s over, but it wasn’t good last year. What happened was that Mark became entitled because he was the only player on the roster who didn’t fight for his job,” the player said. “You’ve got this situation where the player brought in to be the backup can’t win the starting job so what does that mean for the starter? It means he’s the starter no matter what goes on and all that. I’m not saying Mark dogged it out there but it created this sort of entitlement mentality and Mark had his job no matter what. Then you got a Tim Tebow who outworked everyone and couldn’t get a fair shot. They made a mistake by not making this an open thing. I don’t think they meant to but making Tebow the immediate backup hurt the whole team. It made Mark protected in his role.

“I think last year, the coaches and GM were scared that Tebow might come in and show-up Mark. If Tebow was active in Week 15 and not [backup quarterback] Greg [McElroy] then I don’t think they pull Sanchez from that game.”

“You then have a bunch of his teammates saying, ‘Mark is our guy.’ Well, do they say that for an offensive lineman who isn’t doing well or a tight end or a receiver? No, the best man plays no matter what. I’m not saying Tim was better than Mark, but he wasn’t given even a look last year. I think they had to release him just to be rid of the negativity. Mark knew that no matter how bad he was, Tebow wasn’t going to play over him. If his last name was Davis or Jones or Smith and not Tebow, would he then have had a shot?”

Even with the release of Tebow, the Jets still have five quarterbacks on their roster. Sanchez and McElroy return and the team signed veteran quarterback David Garrard this offseason as a free agent. They also drafted West Virginia’s Geno Smith in the second round last week and brought in Matt Simms to compete for a role as well.

“We have five quarterbacks on our roster; we’ll let them compete. We got a rookie minicamp coming up so we’ll be able to see a few of them throw and then we’ll take it day-to-day,” Idzik said on the call. “We’ll see how it goes going forward. We probably won’t be able to take five to camp but again we’ll let it play out.”
http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/2...hot-with-jets/
Old 04-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #193
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

It's a shame Tebow is probably done in the NFL. He was fun to watch. I do feel bad that both the Broncos and Jets were terrified of him succeeding and garnering national popular support. Nobody wants to bet their jobs on his long term success, I get it, and in the same role, I might do the same. But, still, that really sucks for Tebow whom busts his butt and just wants a chance to continue to start. I'd rather see him get a full year and just flame out of the league, than be railroaded out even though he actually had success in his limited opportunities.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #194
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I assume this is the new "tebow sucks" thread so I'll post this here. Story in da papers tonight with an extensive quote from a "2012 Jets starter" who wanted to remain anonymous. Basically says Tebow was never given a chance, that the Jets decided up front to just declare Mark's job was not up for discussion.

I think he sums up the feelings of Tebowite (for those that wonder what makes us tick):

http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/2...hot-with-jets/
Was it the 2012 starting Punt Protector?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #195
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
It's a shame Tebow is probably done in the NFL. He was fun to watch. I do feel bad that both the Broncos and Jets were terrified of him succeeding and garnering national popular support. Nobody wants to bet their jobs on his long term success, I get it, and in the same role, I might do the same. But, still, that really sucks for Tebow whom busts his butt and just wants a chance to continue to start. I'd rather see him get a full year and just flame out of the league, than be railroaded out even though he actually had success in his limited opportunities.
It just floors me that people think he was fun to watch. I thought it was excruciating to watch him start games 2 for 14 or if we were lucky for Tim to have 70 yards passing at the half.

Except for 2 games it was 55 minutes of pain followed by 5 (or less) minutes of joy.

And that was the wins! The blowouts or the loss to kFc at home with the playoffs on the line and he could only muster 3 points was/were just plain embarrassing.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #196
Jay3

Quote:
It just floors me that people think he was fun to watch. I thought it was excruciating to watch him start games 2 for 14 or if we were lucky for Tim to have 70 yards passing at the half.

Except for 2 games it was 55 minutes of pain followed by 5 (or less) minutes of joy.

And that was the wins! The blowouts or the loss to kFc at home with the playoffs on the line and he could only muster 3 points was/were just plain embarrassing.
Maybe that's the difference. Some people enjoy watching him play and some people don't.

Kyle Orton is what I would describe as excruciating -- a sense of dread, knowing that as the game goes on, he gets worse. That when the big moments come, he will be smaller than the moment.

With Tebow it was the reverse. Can't win 'em all, and in the NFL there will dismal days. But the sense was he got better as the game went longer, and that for the most part he would come up with one drive if one drive is what was needed.

But, I understand -- you enjoyed watching Kyle Orton play more. Takes all kinds.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #197
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #198
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Maybe that's the difference. Some people enjoy watching him play and some people don't.

Kyle Orton is what I would describe as excruciating -- a sense of dread, knowing that as the game goes on, he gets worse. That when the big moments come, he will be smaller than the moment.

With Tebow it was the reverse. Can't win 'em all, and in the NFL there will dismal days. But the sense was he got better as the game went longer, and that for the most part he would come up with one drive if one drive is what was needed.

But, I understand -- you enjoyed watching Kyle Orton play more. Takes all kinds.

It's amazing to me people still can't compute in their brains that BOTH QBs were horrible.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #199
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:

You must have been basement shiatting while Orton was killing all Bronco related joy.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #200
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It's amazing to me people still can't compute in their brains that BOTH QBs were horrible.
They were different. I assume your point is that they were exactly, equally horrible. But assuming that to be the case, they were different. And watching a game with one or the other at the helm was a different experience.

As some have shared, watching Tebow was less enjoyable for some than watching Orton. For me it was more enjoyable watching Tebow out there on most days.

I tried watching some Brandon Weedon, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, last year. It was drudgery.