The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #776
spiralism
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Turned a blowout into a morale raiser for them. They'll ****ing murder us in game 6.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #777
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,513

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

It all depends on how they decide to play. Freaking hate the way they finished that. They can beat them in Game 6, if they play the way they played in this first half. Koufos was real good tonight, compared to how he's been all series.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #778
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,513

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

I'm probably building myself up for a huge letdown Thursday, but oh well.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #779
spiralism
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
It all depends on how they decide to play. Freaking hate the way they finished that. They can beat them in Game 6, if they play the way they played in this first half. Koufos was real good tonight, compared to how he's been all series.
Same here, i think we're scared to death of them. That game was over by the half and they nearly pissed themselves in the fourth. Third game in a row with an AWFUL 4th quarter is not going to give me much hope for a game 6 in cokeland.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #780
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
The Chiefs Suck

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,507

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Turned a blowout into a morale raiser for them. They'll ****ing murder us in game 6.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Watching this game, it's like they decided they didn't want to play physical or inside and settled for their jump shot bull crap that never gets anything. They had the recipe to dominate them and then just stopped. And Miller is the worst. I hate that Karl insists on giving precious playing time to worthless veterans who "practice hard" (Carter, I hope I never see your name called again.).

If anything, all this game did was confirm to GS they are the better team and they just had a bad night.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #781
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,513

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Jackson saying we were trying to hurt Curry. If so, good. Thats how we win this baby.

Hopefully this will be our Game 6 locker room theme song.


Last edited by spdirty; 04-30-2013 at 08:24 PM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #782
spiralism
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking. Watching this game, it's like they decided they didn't want to play physical or inside and settled for their jump shot bull crap that never gets anything. They had the recipe to dominate them and then just stopped. And Miller is the worst. I hate that Karl insists on giving precious playing time to worthless veterans who "practice hard" (Carter, I hope I never see your name called again.).

If anything, all this game did was confirm to GS they are the better team and they just had a bad night.
Very annoyed in all honesty. We had their number and just let them back in by going back to the **** that's lost us three games. Miller needs limited minutes and can be effective enough in that role but the guy is as old as the ****ing hills. Brewer should not be getting significant minutes because all he can do is shoot ****ty jumpshots.

We were matching their physicality to the extent it rattled them, Bogut and Barnes (i think it was him) both got Flagrants and Bogut was lucky not to get tossed. Then for no reason we just...stopped. That game they could have been going back to their ****hole city on the heels of a 20 point embarrassment with real pressure, instead, they'll shrug it off.

All golden state though after that was "meh, well we didn't expect this anyways but we gave a good showing in the end despite all they threw at us and our bad night, thursday we'll finish the job"

Would be veryy surprised if Thursday went well now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #783
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,184
Default

Screw jackson and his merry band of **********s. See you in two days.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #784
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
The Chiefs Suck

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,507

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Would be veryy surprised if Thursday went well now.
If they don't, GS is in big trouble. They've been the better team this series, and going back into that scream-fest is probably going to kill the Nuggs. That said, if Denver steals a win, they will win game 7.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #785
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Turned a blowout into a morale raiser for them. They'll ****ing murder us in game 6.
After Mark Jackson's comments after the game, he undid all of that. I'm just baffled at what he's trying to accomplish.

The Nuggets have been low energy and they've been unable to play the physical inside basketball that got them that three seed. They showed a bunch of flashes of that tonight, but gave some back at the end when they took their foot off the gas.

Then Mark Jackson calls them out for going after Curry's ankle intentionally (he has inside sources). All he's done is invite physical play from the Nuggets in Game 6. The first four games were a jump shooting contest. Why in the hell would he run his mouth and invite the type of game that the Nuggets will dominate? To try and get some whistles in game 6?

In my opinion that's just dumb. Even more dumb when there was a moral victory to claim tonight.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #786
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,290
Default

Nuggets are paying Javale McGee $10.75M this year, and he just started his first game. lol

Way to go Karl.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #787
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Rhyme, nothing against you, but I think you should go ahead and sell your Game 7 tickets, like now...this is the team I rooted for all year!!!!
What's funny is that I'm actually going out of town tomorrow through Monday. Originally I was hoping for no Game 7, now obviously I'm begging for it. If they force a Game 7 I'll be happy to watch that from where I am.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #788
Johnykbr
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Nuggets are paying Javale McGee $10.75M this year, and he just started his first game. lol

Way to go Karl.
Javale does not play well with the starting lineup. There is a reason he had a lot of minutes but didn't start. In fact it's a complete head scratcher that Kosta isn't playing with the first team since that was the lineup that got us here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #789
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer
 
ColoradoBuff's Avatar
 
In Manning We Trust......

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Where the buffalo roam....
Posts: 2,129

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

great game last night.....but Karl's lovefest with Miller and Brewer need to stop ASAP. I love Brewer's energy and defense but his 1-11 shooting, come on man! And Miller's +/- for last nights game....-5. The worst on the team. The proof is in the pudding.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #790
bronco_diesel
giddy-up
 
bronco_diesel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: denver
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Javale does not play well with the starting lineup. There is a reason he had a lot of minutes but didn't start. In fact it's a complete head scratcher that Kosta isn't playing with the first team since that was the lineup that got us here.
KK, up until last night, had played really bad and was looking like a deer in headlights. I think Karl had to make a change up - it just took him a little longer to figure out what change.

McGee was key for the Nuggets getting off to a good start. He brought energy and was physical and gave them brief inside scoring. I believe he took Bogut out of his game.

KK got his mojo back last night and was really good as a bench player. I think this is the way to go through the series. McGee can match up with Bogut for short stints and KK does well against their bench.

I would like to see a lot less of Andre Miller in this next game, but it won't happen...so I am praying he has a night like game 1.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:03 AM   #791
bronco_diesel
giddy-up
 
bronco_diesel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: denver
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
After Mark Jackson's comments after the game, he undid all of that. I'm just baffled at what he's trying to accomplish.

The Nuggets have been low energy and they've been unable to play the physical inside basketball that got them that three seed. They showed a bunch of flashes of that tonight, but gave some back at the end when they took their foot off the gas.

Then Mark Jackson calls them out for going after Curry's ankle intentionally (he has inside sources). All he's done is invite physical play from the Nuggets in Game 6. The first four games were a jump shooting contest. Why in the hell would he run his mouth and invite the type of game that the Nuggets will dominate? To try and get some whistles in game 6?

In my opinion that's just dumb. Even more dumb when there was a moral victory to claim tonight.
I agree. Mark Jackson had the right approach after game 1 where he said his team was in it and they felt good where they were. He built up their confidence and it played over in the next 2 games. Had he done that again after this game, I think they win game 6.

The irony is the GSW has been the dirty team, especially Bogut. I think Jackson just validated the Nuggets should continue to play physical...and he gave them locker room fodder. I expected to see a highly motivated and phyical Nuggets team in game 6.

This series is not over.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #792
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

WTF...Jackson STFU!! Two flagrants by your team and a cheap ass shot to millers mouth...just put currys balls back in your mouth and keep gargling
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #793
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,513

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
WTF...Jackson STFU!! Two flagrants by your team and a cheap ass shot to millers mouth...just put currys balls back in your mouth and keep gargling
No, I hope he keeps talking. Keep b****ing about how dirty we are because we finally decided to defend Curry.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #794
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,513

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Javale does not play well with the starting lineup. There is a reason he had a lot of minutes but didn't start. In fact it's a complete head scratcher that Kosta isn't playing with the first team since that was the lineup that got us here.
Are you freaking kidding me? Up until last night Koufos was the most worthless player on the team. What got us here led to a 3-1 deficit. Start Javale, and give him minutes. Put Koufos in when Javale needs a breather. It works against these guys. And IF the Nuggets can manage to win this series, keep doing it. Start Javale against Duncan, because Koufos showed he was worthless against Duncan in the regular season. What was the starting lineup last night needs to continue to be the starting lineup going forward.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #795
Johnykbr
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Are you freaking kidding me? Up until last night Koufos was the most worthless player on the team. What got us here led to a 3-1 deficit. Start Javale, and give him minutes. Put Koufos in when Javale needs a breather. It works against these guys. And IF the Nuggets can manage to win this series, keep doing it. Start Javale against Duncan, because Koufos showed he was worthless against Duncan in the regular season. What was the starting lineup last night needs to continue to be the starting lineup going forward.
Koufas does not pull down huge numbers but he sets the pick and roll better than McGee. That is why he has been the starter. The problem is we are settling for those outside jumpers and not using the P&R to drive to the basket even when we do heat up from the outside.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #796
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,513

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Koufas does not pull down huge numbers but he sets the pick and roll better than McGee. That is why he has been the starter. The problem is we are settling for those outside jumpers and not using the P&R to drive to the basket even when we do heat up from the outside.
Yeah, and the first 4 games he forgot how to rebound, defend, catch a pass, got called on quite a few moving screens, and pretty much allowed himself to become Bogut's prison b****. Then in Game 5 coming off the bench he showed he has a pulse. So keep the starting lineup that we started with in Game 5.

For anyone to beat the drum for Koufos to start after watching him those first 4 games then in Game 5 coming off the bench is pretty ridiculous.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #797
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Hilarious. JR Smith comes out and says it wouldve been a sweep if he played in game 4. Follows that up with going 0-10 so far in this game. Getting blown out right now. Stupid people say stupid things.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #798
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,486
Default

INdiana 3-2 over the hawks
bulls 3-2 over the nets
knicks 3-2 over the celtics

Heat just chillin.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #799
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,630
Default

Melo and J.R. Smith reminding Nuggets fans why we never won anything with them. In case they had forgotten.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #800
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Melo and J.R. Smith reminding Nuggets fans why we never won anything with them. In case they had forgotten.
Did you see their outfits before the game? They were wearing all black like a funeral for the celtics. That sure backfired on them
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Denver Broncos