The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #751
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Well, to be fair, I do have a lot of faith in Masai Ujiri. I think he's the best GM in Denver, with all apologies to John Elway. We haven't had him running this team in year's past. So I'm still with the team, I'm still excited for the future. I think he's an incredibly bright guy who can lead us somewhere.

Anyways, regarding my last post, if anybody wants lower level tickets (anywhere from 1 to 4) for face value, shoot me a PM. It can all be done electronically through flashseats.
What has he done since he was hired? He didn't draft Lawson. He traded Melo. You have McGhee and Dano earning $10+ million per year. You have Miller earning 5+ million for another two years. Nuggets are a whole lot of nothing that cannot play in the playoffs.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #752
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
What has he done since he was hired? He didn't draft Lawson. He traded Melo. You have McGhee and Dano earning $10+ million per year. You have Miller earning 5+ million for another two years. Nuggets are a whole lot of nothing that cannot play in the playoffs.
A team that wins 57 games isn't a whole bunch of nothing. We can certainly talk about what the ceiling is, we can talk about playoffs, but Masai pulled off both the Carmelo and Igoudala trades. Both that have worked out for the franchise. Carmelo was gone. We were lottery bound. But Masai keep us competitive. The Igoudala trade, we did get better.

The guy knows what he's doing.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #753
pricejj
jungle

Nuggets look like a JV team with all their turnovers, and complete inability to rotate on Defense.

Glad I only wasted the time to watch them play one half (second half game 3) of basketball this year.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #754
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Who'd you copy that from, dimwit?
Old 04-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #755
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

this is exactly what i said before the playoffs. out of all teams to face you do not want the Nuggs facing the Warriors. their back court is too good and can shoot the lights out.
you do not have a true closer and superstar and you lost your 2nd best scorer in Gallo.

first off the Nuggs have to scrap the minutes distribution they currently employ.
though i mean mostly at C. someone needs to step up and take the reigns at C, Javale really needs to be that guy.
he has the ability to be a top 10 C or better in the league. there is no reason he shouldn't be a 16-10 player.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #756
Drunken.Broncoholic

What I see are the warriors taking out the points in the paint and daring the nugs to shoot. Not enough perimeter threats to make any waves. Take out the penetrating drives for the nugs there's not much left

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 04-29-2013 at 02:23 PM..
Old 04-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #757
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Wonder what this series would look like if the Nuggets still had KMart.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #758
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
About the same or worse.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #759
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Does Kmart hit perimeter shots consistently? If not then I doubt it
Old 04-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #760
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
About the same or worse.
I think you should still go to the game. Your teams fanbase isn't like the lakers. Leave in the 3rd quarter of games and disappear when they are not good/injury. I'm pretty sure Oakland would still pack that arena with ferocity if they were down 1-3 and a home game coming up.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #761
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Oakland's crowd was fantastic.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #762
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I think you should still go to the game. Your teams fanbase isn't like the lakers. Leave in the 3rd quarter of games and disappear when they are not good/injury. I'm pretty sure Oakland would still pack that arena with ferocity if they were down 1-3 and a home game coming up.
A bunch of solid points. And yeah, I'm a horrible fan and I deserve right now to be lumped with the fair weathers. I do. I can admit that. Tickets were sold this morning. I just... I just can't watch my team be embarrassed at home. And at this point I think the writing is on the wall. I'll get a 10-pack again next year, I'll still watch the game. But from my couch.

And yeah, talk about a great basketball community. I'm jealous of Oakland's atmosphere.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #763
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Who'd you copy that from, dimwit?
Is that why you mad? What they have been doing doesn't resemble playoff basketball at all.

You can't have turnover after turnover down the stretch in the 4th quarter...it's ridiculous. Never seen anything like it in the NBA playoffs.

You need to be able to play tight Defense and hit shots to win. The quality of play must increase.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #764
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
A bunch of solid points. And yeah, I'm a horrible fan and I deserve right now to be lumped with the fair weathers. I do. I can admit that. Tickets were sold this morning. I just... I just can't watch my team be embarrassed at home. And at this point I think the writing is on the wall. I'll get a 10-pack again next year, I'll still watch the game. But from my couch.

And yeah, talk about a great basketball community. I'm jealous of Oakland's atmosphere.
Frustration sets in. It's what good fans have to go through. You're all good. Oakland gets crazy cause they haven't seen much postseason. I've gone to alot of games there and it's not always like that. Lakers come to town there's more purple and gold in the stands than blue and gold. They are just starving for success. They won't disappear on a verge of a sweep or being down in a series. But they will complain just as much as they cheer. I remember the Jeremy Lin chants and the anti small ball chants. Not kind to their HC at that time.

There's a reason denver has such a great home record and its not just the altitude. That place can get nuts too. Just gotta bring it next game. Rotations seem way too sluggish and slow resulting in several wide open shots for GS. Gotta clean that up
Old 04-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #765
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Frustration sets in. It's what good fans have to go through. You're all good. Oakland gets crazy cause they haven't seen much postseason. I've gone to alot of games there and it's not always like that. Lakers come to town there's more purple and gold in the stands than blue and gold. They are just starving for success. They won't disappear on a verge of a sweep or being down in a series. But they will complain just as much as they cheer. I remember the Jeremy Lin chants and the anti small ball chants. Not kind to their HC at that time.

There's a reason denver has such a great home record and its not just the altitude. That place can get nuts too. Just gotta bring it next game. Rotations seem way too sluggish and slow resulting in several wide open shots for GS. Gotta clean that up

Exactly. A bit of overreaction going on. Including by me. Masai has been brilliant. We need to do what it takes to keep him around.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #766
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Masai has done some great things. Faried in the middle of the first...Got Miller for Felton, who didn't want to be here. Its's not Masai's fault that Karl insists on playing Miller waaaaaaay too much. That will need to be addressed. Also signed Nene to that disgusting contract, but then traded him for Mcgee, who is still pretty stupid, but when on can dominate and take over a game. Signed Afflalo then traded him and Harrington, who got a stupid ass contract before Masai was here, and absolutely fleeced the sixers and magic in that trade.

Big picture though, he's done a great job but his job is not done yet. I want to see what else he does for the Nugs this offseason.

Josh and/or Stanley need to lock him up for a good 5 years.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #767
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Wow. Nugs pumped up tonight. Even Koufos is playing decent. Git r done.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #768
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Rhyme, nothing against you, but I think you should go ahead and sell your Game 7 tickets, like now...this is the team I rooted for all year!!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #769
spiralism

Very frustrating that it took an elimination game to get the Nuggets to pull the finger out. Hope we blow these ****ers away tonight, we'll need every bit of momentum we can get if we're to have a chance in Cokeland
Old 04-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #770
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Very frustrating that it took an elimination game to get the Nuggets to pull the finger out. Hope we blow these ****ers away tonight, we'll need every bit of momentum we can get if we're to have a chance in Cokeland
A blowout might put doubt and pressure on them.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #771
spiralism

Quote:
A blowout might put doubt and pressure on them.
That's the hope. Let them get good and cold. Could use the expectation and atmosphere against them in the 6th then. Alternatively we could sub in a scrub and try get him to sweep the ankle with curry...
Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #772
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
I think Oakland just came back down to their actual level of play. Those games they won they shot a ridiculous high percentage. Something that wasn't going to last all series. Denver is the better team. They just need to play like it. Like I said earlier warriors are 3-18 without Lee. That's not good. They have to shoot lights out to win games.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #773
spiralism

If Nuggets only hang on to barely win here, they're ****ed in game 6.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #774
spiralism

Jesus christ, we're actually going to blow this.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #775
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Wow the nuggets are trying to lose this game too. They'll definitely get raped in game 6

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote