The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #151
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Why is that? I think going 25/38 247yds 1td 1int 65.8 comp rate 81.8 QB rating are serviceable numbers in pouring rain. Certainly the SB MVP was not given to him for nothing.
Not sure who else they'd give it to in one of the ugliest Super Bowls I can ever remember. And I'm not sure how 81 can ever be considered an MVP performance when the worst QB ever to put on a uniform has a career 75.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #152
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Too bad I like Tebow. Any chance he goes to NE. Surley if anyone could find a role for him it would be Billy Boy and Boy Wonder.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #153
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Not sure who else they'd give it to in one of the ugliest Super Bowls I can ever remember. And I'm not sure how 81 can ever be considered an MVP performance when the worst QB ever to put on a uniform has a career 75.
Notice I said "servicable numbers in pouring rain"
Old 04-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #154
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Too bad I like Tebow. Any chance he goes to NE. Surley if anyone could find a role for him it would be Billy Boy and Boy Wonder.
Boy Wonder buried him at TC and PS saying he would be a couple year project before he could start. I think mCd had a bad case of buyers remorse after moving up to pick Timmy.

mCd could have tried to start Timmy and try to save his job rather than stick with Orton even after getting caught not reporting a cheating incident by one of mCd's hand picked assistants. mCd knew even Tebow could not help him because his play was so bad.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:36 AM   #155
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
... well then he should not be unemployed for long, correct?
Tebow's biggest flaw is that he has a rabid fanbase that makes him a difficult backup to have. That's what owners and GMs really fear. Do you think people actually believe a player like Joe Webb is superior to Tebow? Don't be ridiculous.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 AM   #156
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Tebow's biggest flaw is that he has a rabid fanbase that makes him a difficult backup to have. That's what owners and GMs really fear. Do you think people actually believe a player like Joe Webb is superior to Tebow? Don't be ridiculous.
I think they honestly believe that Webb is more able to step in, in a temporary injury situation and run the normal offense until a better option or the starter can be returned to the position. Tebow cannot throw the ball with any consistency. If he can't do that then he can't step in for Payton and run his offense.

I agree that his fan base is a huge problem. It makes him not worth the distraction. His biggest problem however is his arm.
Drunk Monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:01 AM   #157
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

In order for this book to close...we need to start from the beginning...where is his vertical at the combine? Lets relate two nonrelatable topics and see if they join up for HOF success.

He gave us one hell of a season and was too fun to watch for me to say anything overly negative. If Cordell Stewart can game, so can teb and a top rated defense.

Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 04-30-2013 at 06:04 AM..
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:13 AM   #158
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

We suffered through the miserable McDaniels/Orton era, then started 1-4 under John Fox. Tebow, despite his flaws, turned around the entire 2011 season. He also made watching Broncos football exciting and fun again... something that had become a chore over the previous two years. For that, I am eternally grateful to Tebow.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #159
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
For that, I am eternally grateful to Tebow.
I see what you did there.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:19 AM   #160
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
We suffered through the miserable McDaniels/Orton era, then started 1-4 under John Fox. Tebow, despite his flaws, turned around the entire 2011 season. He also made watching Broncos football exciting and fun again... something that had become a chore over the previous two years. For that, I am eternally grateful to Tebow.
Yeah, that was a fun season and the play for the playoff win was the most exciting play I've watched since Champ picked off Brady.

Would have still liked to see him develop under Elway and Manning, but I can't blame Elway for cutting him loose. His fanbase is just too much of a distraction.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #161
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Agreed. I am also eternally grateful to my mother for giving me life and raising me. Coincidentally she is also a terrible QB.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #162
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Agreed. Like most, I'm very skeptical that he can ever develop into a consistent starting QB, but he certainly proved enough in 2011 to earn a legit opportunity somewhere. You can't possibly tell me that a guy like Brady Quinn, who's never been anything other than terrible when given a chance to play, deserves repeated chances to stick with a club (just signed with Seattle to be their back-up), but Tebow, who's actually had some success, may not even be in the league next season.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #163
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
I think they honestly believe that Webb is more able to step in, in a temporary injury situation and run the normal offense until a better option or the starter can be returned to the position.
Did you watch that Vikes game last January?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #164
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Tebow posing with Bronco Nation.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #165
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Old 04-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #166
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Tebow hasn't been to the Phillipines in almost half a decade.

... Not that someone as bright as you would let something as little as facts get in the way

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/16/sp...anted=all&_r=0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
It says 3 years and that was in 2012. Now maybe I misunderstood the articles I read as you did yours.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/02/1...n-offseason-3/

2/14/12 -"His offseason plans include a trip to the Philippines, where Tebow was born. He wants to visit the construction of a hospital his foundation is funding and visit an orphanage he supports."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...the-entire-nfl

2/11/13 - "This is the core reason why Tim Tebow spent his spring break circumcising children in the Philippines. This is why he put out Super Bowl ads to speak out against abortion, ignoring the public relations consequences.
Owned ^
Old 04-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #167
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I think they honestly believe that Webb is more able to step in, in a temporary injury situation and run the normal offense until a better option or the starter can be returned to the position. Tebow cannot throw the ball with any consistency. If he can't do that then he can't step in for Payton and run his offense.

I agree that his fan base is a huge problem. It makes him not worth the distraction. His biggest problem however is his arm.
I don't think they believe Joe Webb can any longer! Though he won a game or two for them in the past.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #168
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I don't think they believe Joe Webb can any longer! Though he won a game or two for them in the past.
A Game. Dude's 1-5 in games where he had any real contribution (with more than say 5 or so attempts)

66 career passer rating.

There's not a single argument (other than media-driven distraction) that can be made for Joe Webb having a spot in the league if Tim Tebow doesn't.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #169
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Did you watch that Vikes game last January?
Did you watch the Lions game. That's what happens when Teebs is asked to step into a traditional offense and run the normal expected plays that the team spent all week working on. There is no way he can be a back up QB with his lack of accuracy. He had success when the offense was build around what he can do. What do you do in practice, spend half your time on the normal offense and the other half on the "just in case Tebow happens" offense?
Drunk Monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #170
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
how many guys who are better QBs than him have converted to a new position in the NFL to keep their dream of playing in the NFL alive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Really?

Wasn't Randle-El a QB at Indiana?
Quote:
Yes

Also

Matt Jones
Brad Smith
Josh Cribbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
dont forget Rod Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Denard Robinson, Eric Crouch, Matt Jones, Joshua Cribbs, Julian Edelman, Brad Smith, Antwaan Randle El. Hines Ward and also Anquan Boldin also played some QB in college.

in Denver history Marlin Briscoe,

So all these QBs are better than Tebow? My response was that I couldn't think of a QB better than Tebow that switched positions.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #171
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
A Game. Dude's 1-5 in games where he had any real contribution (with more than say 5 or so attempts)

66 career passer rating.

There's not a single argument (other than media-driven distraction) that can be made for Joe Webb having a spot in the league if Tim Tebow doesn't.
I dont think Joe Webb will have a job in the league, so maybe its moot. And Joe Webb doesnt have some odd media following that puts an unnecessary spotlight on the team. Unfair, maybe, but thats the way it is.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #172
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Owned ^
Edit: It's literally pointless to argue with you two geniuses.

Last edited by TheReverend; 04-30-2013 at 10:38 AM..
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #173
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:

Tebow posing with Bronco Nation.
The baby is crying because he went to TC and only got to meet a punt protector.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #174
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
So all these QBs are better than Tebow? My response was that I couldn't think of a QB better than Tebow that switched positions.
If any of them were any good(including tebow) they wouldn't have to switch positions. What they are pointing out is those players realized they weren't going to make it as a QB and did what it takes to switch positions to keep an NFL job. Tebow cannot accept that. He's a QB or nothing according to him.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #175
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

I had a peanut butter and jelly sammich for lunch today
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote