The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #101
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Hotwheelz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Not wanting some gay guy checking out my big dick or firm ass and salivating over it doesn't make me an idiot...it makes me a heterosexual male. why can't you be more tolerant of heterosexuals?
I assure you, you have neither.
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #102
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheelz View Post
I assure you, you have neither.
are you claiming that you have seen me naked?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #103
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Hotwheelz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 841
Default

You probably have repressed urges though.

And FYI, I've had gay nurses wipe my butt and wash my junk, guess what? Everything was fine.
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #104
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Hotwheelz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
are you claiming that you have seen me naked?
I see everything
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #105
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I do find it fascinating that straight guys are supposed to be totally okay with being naked around gay guys in showers/locker rooms, but no one would ever have that expectation of women regarding them having to share showers/locker rooms with straight men. It's a very strange double standard that seems to completely deny reality. I've had extensive experience living and working with openly gay men at an intentional community and the fact is that it can be awkward and uncomfortable and some gay men most definitely do enjoy the view (just as straight men would enjoy the view if they shared a locker room with women). As usual, errand is ham-fistedly addressing a topic, but there is something to it, and if it makes a straight guy uncomfortable that doesn't mean he is homophobic.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #106
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
retards like to use this line of reasoning all the time, because they do not understand what racism (et al) is about. it's not about "hating a group of people," which is a simplistic rationale specifically designed to marginalize the effects of actual racism by those in power, so that the privleged class can claim to be "post-racist" as a way of, you guessed it, perpetuating racism. racism is about power. you cannot be "racist" against a "group" that is in fact the dominant group in every possible way. sorry, that's how it works. I'm sure you'll get over it.
You should look up what the word 'racism' actually means. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism

Your view is honestly kind of horrifying as it seems to actively endorse racial hatred towards white people.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #107
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,063
Default

you're right, I should go with the dictionary instead of the last hundred plus years of intellectual production

Last edited by extralife; 04-29-2013 at 11:53 PM..
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #108
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
and if it makes a straight guy uncomfortable that doesn't mean he is homophobic.
but if the choice is between "don't allow gay men to play sports" and "tell straight men to get over it," it's not exactly a difficult choice.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #109
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,011

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

I'd like to see someone who isn't a FA do it.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:19 AM   #110
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,813

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I do find it fascinating that straight guys are supposed to be totally okay with being naked around gay guys in showers/locker rooms, but no one would ever have that expectation of women regarding them having to share showers/locker rooms with straight men. It's a very strange double standard that seems to completely deny reality. I've had extensive experience living and working with openly gay men at an intentional community and the fact is that it can be awkward and uncomfortable and some gay men most definitely do enjoy the view (just as straight men would enjoy the view if they shared a locker room with women). As usual, errand is ham-fistedly addressing a topic, but there is something to it, and if it makes a straight guy uncomfortable that doesn't mean he is homophobic.
In our society, neither gender is expected to share a locker room with members of the opposite gender. However, the "double standard" you're trying to claim simply isn't there; it's possible and even probable that lesbians might see other ladies in showers at gyms or schools. And as long as they don't do more than just look, I'm ok with that. It's not all that different from noticing that a heterosexual man was looking down your shirt... and that happens all the time. It "comes with the territory" of having boobs and guys (generally being taller) having a "bird's eye view".
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:14 AM   #111
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Best ball handling big man in the NBA, can take it to the hole with the best of them, isn't afraid to drive it to the hole, even when it is one on three, displays aggressive man to man coverage and loves nothing more than setting a hard dick and roll for his teammates.
Not to mention he will really stand his ground and take a big charge right down his throat.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #112
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I'd like to see someone who isn't a FA do it.
I'd like to see some on the board do it. Some guy was saying a certain % of the population is gay and that the NFL probably has at least 67 gay players using his numbers.

That means Uber there is a chance we are gay because the numbers say so. I know I haven't sucked any dick so..........

Seriously though would you all not be a little burnt out of John Elway came out as gay and admitted him and Pat Bowlen are lovers.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:57 AM   #113
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Hotwheelz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'd like to see some on the board do it. Some guy was saying a certain % of the population is gay and that the NFL probably has at least 67 gay players using his numbers.

That means Uber there is a chance we are gay because the numbers say so. I know I haven't sucked any dick so..........

Seriously though would you all not be a little burnt out of John Elway came out as gay and admitted him and Pat Bowlen are lovers.
So, what was his name?
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #114
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

The whole "I don't want some dude hitting on me or looking at my junk" argument is funny to me. It assumes that just because you are a man, and because gay men are attracted to men, that they will all want you. Most of the peopel posting on this board probably look like a bearded potato. I mean do these same guys think most women want them too, since they're also attracted to men? Do you just walk around thinking everyone wants to sex you up like those stupid Axe body spray commercials?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #115
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,017

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

"Admit" is the wrong word ... why not just "announces?"

admit (ədˈmɪt)

vb (when intr, foll by of ) , -mits , -mitting , -mitted
1. ( may take a clause as object ) to confess or acknowledge (a crime, mistake, etc)
2. ( may take a clause as object ) to concede (the truth or validity of something)
3. to allow to enter; let in
4. ( foll by to ) to allow participation (in) or the right to be part (of): to admit to the profession
5. ( intr ) to give access: the door admits onto the lawn
BroncoBuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:55 AM   #116
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
"Admit" is the wrong word ... why not just "announces?"

admit (ədˈmɪt)

vb (when intr, foll by of ) , -mits , -mitting , -mitted
1. ( may take a clause as object ) to confess or acknowledge (a crime, mistake, etc)
2. ( may take a clause as object ) to concede (the truth or validity of something)
3. to allow to enter; let in
4. ( foll by to ) to allow participation (in) or the right to be part (of): to admit to the profession
5. ( intr ) to give access: the door admits onto the lawn
I know where you're going with this, but there's some validity to that word. First, definition 2 still works. And second, he could be confessing to lying about being straight.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #117
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,499

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Anyone who wants to bask in the masculinity of RaiderH8r is free to do so. I can't, in good conscience, deny anybody, male of female, the bliss of drinking in the soothing sights of one of God's truly amazing creatures such as RaiderH8r. If they choose to commit the H8r's heavenly form to the spank bank for withdrawal at a later date then hey, that's my gift to humanity. Pay it forward.

Ladies responding in kind is always appreciated.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:09 AM   #118
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
It will only work if a player like L James admits he was gay. Teams will have no chioce but to sign him for his talnet. J Collins will never play for a team again
Would LeBron have to change his nickname to Queen James?
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #119
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Over under on if Espn fires Chis Broussard for his comments on OTL ??

Figure they will get major pressure for it.

I'd say that what he said was not out of line, mainly because of the way he stated it. There is nothing wrong with his view point, and the way he stated it should not cause controversy (but it probably will because people love to complain).

Rob Parker on the other hand, I'd say that his point about RGIII was not all that off base, but the way he stated it, he totally stuck his foot in his mouth.

When you're talking about a sensitive issues, you have to be careful how you speak about that issue. Chris Broussard stated his point properly, and he was really smart to include pre-marital sex between a man and woman. That took away anybody's point that he was gay bashing. And he also gave the impression that just because he doesn't agree with somebody's lifestyle, he could still get along with them.
Jason in LA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #120
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,268

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The whole "I don't want some dude hitting on me or looking at my junk" argument is funny to me. It assumes that just because you are a man, and because gay men are attracted to men, that they will all want you. Most of the peopel posting on this board probably look like a bearded potato. I mean do these same guys think most women want them too, since they're also attracted to men? Do you just walk around thinking everyone wants to sex you up like those stupid Axe body spray commercials?

Yes..I do walkaround that way. Bearded potato......I resemble that remark
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #121
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The whole "I don't want some dude hitting on me or looking at my junk" argument is funny to me. It assumes that just because you are a man, and because gay men are attracted to men, that they will all want you. Most of the peopel posting on this board probably look like a bearded potato. I mean do these same guys think most women want them too, since they're also attracted to men? Do you just walk around thinking everyone wants to sex you up like those stupid Axe body spray commercials?
Seriously, being me can get exhausting.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #122
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The media has a fixation about homosexuality to say the least. It is practically a daily topic of discussion that I'm quite bored with. I couldn't care less about a player and who he's attracted to, whether man or woman. This need to put everybody into labels needs to stop. "He's black, he's latin, he's gay, he's..."A career backup NBA player with marginal skills comes out and says he's gay and the world somehow changed. Whatever.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #123
Punisher
The Horsemen Are coming
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
For You WOOOOOOOOOO!

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
"Admit" is the wrong word ... why not just "announces?"

admit (ədˈmɪt)

vb (when intr, foll by of ) , -mits , -mitting , -mitted
1. ( may take a clause as object ) to confess or acknowledge (a crime, mistake, etc)
2. ( may take a clause as object ) to concede (the truth or validity of something)
3. to allow to enter; let in
4. ( foll by to ) to allow participation (in) or the right to be part (of): to admit to the profession
5. ( intr ) to give access: the door admits onto the lawn
lol Yea his using the right word
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #124
Prodigal19
Seasoned Veteran
 
Prodigal19's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
Lance Armstrong effect.

I personally feel that hate crime legislation is bad. Much like creating a false idol to push your agenda.
Aw yes, the agenda to not be assaulted and killed. Cannot believe the lengths people would do to push that. Besides, even if it is true that Shepard was killed do to a drug deal gone bad, that didnt come out until way after the fact. Nobody intentionally created a "false idol".
Prodigal19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #125
Prodigal19
Seasoned Veteran
 
Prodigal19's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Hate crime laws are the opposite of equal rights.

Murder should be treated the same, regardless of motivation. Sure, if it's premeditated, then that is worse, but the motive doesn't make it worse or better. If I shoot you for your money, or I shoot you because you are gay, how does me shooting you because you are gay make it "worse" than for greed? Hate crime laws are stupid because they try to create some kind of escalators around nebulous criteria. And those make it difficult to prove and muddy the waters putting more difficulty on prosecutors. Crime is crime. And if you do something bad to someone, doing it because it's a hate crime doesn't make it any worse than if you do it purely for greed or because you are sociopath or whatever.
So would you say that acts of terrorism should be treated the same as other acts of murder as well? The reason that we have a separate category for things like hate crimes and acts of terrorism is because they are an assult on not just a person but an entire community. They're not so much attacks on a specific person, so much as they are statements to a community that "we don't take kindly to your kind 'round here."

I can understand if people still dont think that is a good reason for the distinction, but I thought I would just point that out since nobody here has actually pointed out the real reason that hate crimes exist.
Prodigal19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Denver Broncos