The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #1201
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
So it begins on HFboards...



Ha-ha REP!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #1202
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Most intriguing matchups in the east are Ottawa and Montreal, then Maple Leafs and Bruins. Those Canadian cities will be a circus for two weeks.
Any combination of those four teams would've made for some amazing hockey.

Montreal-Toronto would've been an incredible series but so would Montreal-Boston and the battle of Ontario. I typically don't care too much about the Eastern Conference but I'm definitely going to be tuning in this year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #1203
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,931

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

After the Pios fired Gwozdecky, I figured the Avs could get things turned around very quickly if just a couple of things happened.

First, they get the first overall pick in the draft to get Seth Jones.

Second, to hire George Gwozdecky.

The first happened today. Avs with the first pick.... Seth Jones is as good as an Av now. He grew up in Denver. Sakic was his mentor. If the Avs don't take him, then I will be supremely pissed.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #1204
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 956
Default

Wow, avalanche won the lottery. Seth Jones it is.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #1205
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,209

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Time for picks for the playoffs:

EC:

Pittsburgh beats up Brooklyn in 5.

Montreal squeaks by Ottawa in 6.

Rangers put Oakes on the hot seat in 7.

Bruins put Toronto fans back in missery in 5.

WC:

Blackhawks sweep Parise and Suter in 4.

Red Wings take the Ducks in 6.

Vancouver beats San Jose in 5.

Los Angeles beat the Blues in 7.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #1206
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 956
Default

2013 Draft Lottery Results

1 Colorado Avalanche
2 Florida Panthers
3 Tampa Bay Lightning
4 Nashville Predators
5 Carolina Hurricanes
6 Calgary Flames
7 Edmonton Oilers
8 Buffalo Sabres
9 New Jersey Devils
10 Dallas Stars
11 Philadelphia Flyers
12 Phoenix Coyotes
13 Winnipeg Jets
14 Columbus Blue Jackets
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #1207
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,820
Default

Seth Jones baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new coach,new VP,new franchise D man.
it will be sweet to see Jones and EJ together next year.
then have Barrie with Hejda, Elliot and Wilson. finally a legit D corps.

but if the Avs take someone other than Seth Jones... i can't even look at them.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #1208
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Time for picks for the playoffs:

EC:

Pittsburgh beats up Brooklyn in 5.

Montreal squeaks by Ottawa in 6.

Rangers put Oakes on the hot seat in 7.

Bruins put Toronto fans back in missery in 5.

WC:

Blackhawks sweep Parise and Suter in 4.

Red Wings take the Ducks in 6.

Vancouver beats San Jose in 5.

Los Angeles beat the Blues in 7.
East

Pitt in 5
MTL in 7
Rags in 5
Tor in 6 (Sorry Beantown)

West
Blackhawks in 4
Ducks in 7
Vancouver in 4
Will not pick the LA/STL series, don't wanna jinx it.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #1209
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 956
Default

It is nice how Jason Collins just paved the way for Sidney Crosby.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #1210
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post
It is nice how Jason Collins just paved the way for Sidney Crosby.
How's the couch feeling?
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #1211
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
How's the couch feeling?
Ask Crosby, his face is usually plastered in one.....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #1212
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

EAST
PIT 4-1 or 4-2
OTT 4-2
WSH 4-2 or 4-3
BO'S 4-2

WEST
CHI 4-1
ANA 4-2
VAN 4-2
STL 4-3
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #1213
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
EAST
PIT 4-1 or 4-2
OTT 4-2
WSH 4-2 or 4-3
BO'S 4-2

WEST
CHI 4-1
ANA 4-2
VAN 4-2
STL 4-3
You picked against NY because A. You're afraid and B. because of the Crosby joke.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #1214
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
EAST
PIT 4-1 or 4-2
OTT 4-2
WSH 4-2 or 4-3
BO'S 4-2

WEST
CHI 4-1
ANA 4-2
VAN 4-2
STL 4-3
You never predict sweeps!

Also I wish NBCSN would play this theme song before the playoffs.

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #1215
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
You picked against NY because A. You're afraid and B. because of the Crosby joke.
As you know I'm rooting for you in this series. I think it will be very close....right now slight edge to WAS because they are on a tear...but the King could win it by standing on his head as he often does.


I preferred playing NYR in Round 1 as I said earlier because we historically own you.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #1216
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
You never predict sweeps!

Also I wish NBCSN would play this theme song before the playoffs.

I LOVE that theme. The NHL on ESPN and the NBA on NBC themes are the two best sports themes of all time.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #1217
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I LOVE that theme. The NHL on ESPN and the NBA on NBC themes are the two best sports themes of all time.
indeed, so glad NBA tv still uses that NBC theme.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #1218
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
As you know I'm rooting for you in this series. I think it will be very close....right now slight edge to WAS because they are on a tear...but the King could win it by standing on his head as he often does.


I preferred playing NYR in Round 1 as I said earlier because we historically own you.
It always amazes me for a team that has never won a Cup, how much other fan bases hate the caps.

I don't nearly see as much hate for the avalanche, who have 2 Cups on the resume.

It's kind of weird lol
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #1219
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
It always amazes me for a team that has never won a Cup, how much other fan bases hate the caps.

I don't nearly see as much hate for the avalanche, who have 2 Cups on the resume.

It's kind of weird lol
Well...for one thing we are rivals and have been for some time...it's not like some Calgary fan is randomly saying he hates the Caps.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #1220
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Avs won the Seth Jones lottery! One Team One Goal! Mission Accomplished!
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #1221
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Seth Jones baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new coach,new VP,new franchise D man.
it will be sweet to see Jones and EJ together next year.
then have Barrie with Hejda, Elliot and Wilson. finally a legit D corps.

but if the Avs take someone other than Seth Jones... i can't even look at them.
Would be stupid to have SJ with the big club next year. Don't rush big defenseman.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #1222
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

TSN kicks off the playoff season right...you won't see the morons at NBCSN do this stuff in the states.


24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #1223
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
It always amazes me for a team that has never won a Cup, how much other fan bases hate the caps.

I don't nearly see as much hate for the avalanche, who have 2 Cups on the resume.

It's kind of weird lol
One word....Druce.

Last edited by Ray Finkle; 04-29-2013 at 09:41 PM..
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #1224
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Would be stupid to have SJ with the big club next year. Don't rush big defenseman.
no matter what team took him he was starting in the NHL this season.
there are 4 prospects considered NHL ready in this draft. well, 5 but Nichushkin is staying in the KHL two more years.
Jones is the consensus #1 and considered NHL ready, MacKinnon is the #2, Drouin the #3 and Barkov the #4. all considered ready to play and Jones especially.

he'll be fine in the NHL without going to the minors.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #1225
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Avs won the Seth Jones lottery! One Team One Goal! Mission Accomplished!
Just think. Four more of these and then you've built a team the Penguin way. That's after the bankruptcy that is.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Denver Broncos