The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #51
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Totally agree.

I've always been baffled by the concept of "hate crimes". I mean a serial killer who targets women and tortures and violates them before killing them would be more guilty of a hate-motivated crime than anyone as far as I'm concerned, yet I've never seen anyone classify it as such. Many violent crimes are hate-induced, but only a select few are actually classified as "hate crimes". It's a non-nonsensical notion that has no logical basis, and should not be part of our legal system.
hate crimes are essentially politically motivated. a serial killer (and yes, all serial killers essentially have the exact same mindset) is not a political actor. most serial killers target women, but they don't target them to instill fear in the female population. they don't target them as a deliberate attempt to marginalize women. they target them because they are broken psychopaths.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #52
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I think you are all missing the point. The reason this is a big deal stems from a relevant civil rights issue (gay marriage/acceptance) in a homophobic world. One of the biggest road blocks to our culture accepting homosexuality as a non-issue, is destroying the homophobic nature of men. Male professional athletes play a key role in this, because the acceptance they receive in a masculine environment will act a catalyst for other males to do the same. Whether we choose to accept it or not, men idolize athletes more than anyone else in this country, and this could hold serious weight in the hope for acceptance many gay males are striving for. So, yes this is significant news.
Homophobic World? Have you watched TV?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #53
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
hate crimes are essentially politically motivated. a serial killer (and yes, all serial killers essentially have the exact same mindset) is not a political actor. most serial killers target women, but they don't target them to instill fear in the female population. they don't target them as a deliberate attempt to marginalize women. they target them because they are broken psychopaths.
Societies Endless need for motives is tiring. At some point I stopped caring why people did something.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #54
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Sad that this is even considered news - IMO it should be who cares...
This^
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #55
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
And how long has it taken "gay" to become mainstream? It's been about 10 years, and its still not widely accepted. I could be speaking from a viewpoint of regional bias, but even in NC, one of the more progressive southern states, homosexuality is not widely accepted. I do know what it was like growing up as a guy, and understanding what an insult it was to be labeled gay by your peers, that's what I think this will help destroy. As a culture we like to point out what is diffrent about others to mask our own insecurities, when diffrent becomes normal or accepted that generally goes away. Thus, a room full of masculine dudes feeling comfortable changing cloths in front of another dude who might find them attractive and being ok with that changes the game.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #56
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

TV is not actually a proper meter of the real world. Surprised I have to say that.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #57
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Societies Endless need for motives is tiring. At some point I stopped caring why people did something.
Luckily, people who use their brains do not care what you think.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #58
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Totally agree.

I've always been baffled by the concept of "hate crimes". I mean a serial killer who targets women and tortures and violates them before killing them would be more guilty of a hate-motivated crime than anyone as far as I'm concerned, yet I've never seen anyone classify it as such. Many violent crimes are hate-induced, but only a select few are actually classified as "hate crimes". It's a non-nonsensical notion that has no logical basis, and should not be part of our legal system.
the reason they call them "hate crimes" is to put the spotlight on white people who commit senseless violent crimes against non-whites, or gays, or Muslims, etc.... because evidently whites are the only ones who are capable of racism, and hatred of people who are unlike them

I cannot recall a solitary black person who killed a white person ever being charged with a "hate crime"

I cannot recall a solitary gay person who killed a white heterosexual person (or any person for that matter) ever being charged with a "hate crime"

I cannot recall a solitary Muslim who killed a white person, black person, or Christian, or non-Muslim ever being charged with a "hate crime"

Not saying it hasn't happened.....but I'm willing to bet that anyone other than a heterosexual caucasian male being charged with a hate crime are few and far between

Last edited by errand; 04-29-2013 at 06:15 PM..
Old 04-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #59
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
"And they fired ME?" -Rob Parker
Nothing out of bounds about what he said to me.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #60
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
the reason they call them "hate crimes" is to put the spotlight on white people who commit senseless violent crimes against non-whites, or gays, or Muslims, etc.... because evidently whites are the only ones who are capable of racism, and hatred of people who are unlike them

I cannot recall a solitary black person who killed a white person ever being charged with a "hate crime"

I cannot recall a solitary gay person who killed a white heterosexual person (or any person for that matter) ever being charged with a "hate crime"

I cannot recall a solitary Muslim who killed a white person, black person, or Christian, or non-Muslim ever being charged with a "hate crime"

Not saying it hasn't happened.....but I'm willing to bet that anyone other than a heterosexual caucasian male being charged with a hate crime are few and far between
retards like to use this line of reasoning all the time, because they do not understand what racism (et al) is about. it's not about "hating a group of people," which is a simplistic rationale specifically designed to marginalize the effects of actual racism by those in power, so that the privleged class can claim to be "post-racist" as a way of, you guessed it, perpetuating racism. racism is about power. you cannot be "racist" against a "group" that is in fact the dominant group in every possible way. sorry, that's how it works. I'm sure you'll get over it.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #61
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
One of the biggest road blocks to our culture accepting homosexuality as a non-issue, is destroying the homophobic nature of men. .
so being into women instead of men makes us "homophobic"?

so does you being into guys instead of women make you "femmephobic"?

Why can't you clowns accept and become more tolerant of women?

Just as a woman doesn't like some guy ogling her boobs or ass, heterosexual males don't like other males ogling our penises or asses, etc....

that doesn't make us homophobic...it makes us heterosexual.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #62
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Luckily, people who use their brains do not care what you think.
Yet I have you glued to your keyboard.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #63
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yet I have you glued to your keyboard.
I don't know about you, but it actually only takes me about ten seconds to read a sentence and then write another one in response.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #64
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
TV is not actually a proper meter of the real world. Surprised I have to say that.

Your right. I stand corrected. Not sarcasm.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #65
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:

Just as a woman doesn't like some guy ogling her boobs or ass, heterosexual males don't like other males ogling our penises or asses, etc....

You clowns? You realize I'm straight, right? This is the atypical response I was referring to. Do you think a gay man can't control his eyes? Obviously they can if they have been in the closet in proffesional sports for years. In this specific case Jason Collins twin brother didn't even know he was gay.

Way to prove my point though, I hope this was sarcasm.

You can't even fathom a straight man justifying a case for the acceptance of another persons sexual orientation, so you call them gay; classic!

Last edited by DivineLegion; 04-29-2013 at 06:37 PM..
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #66
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
You clowns? You realize I'm straight right? This is the atypical response I was referring to. Do you think a gay man can't control his eyes? Obviously they can if they have been in the closet in proffesional sports for years. In this specific case Jason Collins twin brother didn't even know he was gay.

Your not straight definitely bent.

Not sure if gay.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #67
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Yeah, man, **** civil rights and equal protection.
Everyone has equal protection under the law......except for unborn babies.

It's no secret that back in the day whites could get away with violent crimes vs. blacks, but there was also a time back in the day when immigrants, etc. were treated as badly too....but please answer me this -

When has a heterosexual person murdered a gay person and not been held accountable for it?

Please post the link where a judge or prosecutor said "Oh, you killed a homosexual? Charges dropped....."
Old 04-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #68
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

The bolded is funny. Straight men have this irrational fear that if they are in the same space as a gay man their chance of being sexually assaulted goes up. That is part of the argument against gays in sports. I guarantee every single athlete at any level from highschool up in any sport at one time or another has been seen bare assed naked by a gay man and managed to escape with their dignity intact.

I can understand your point, who wants to be ogled by people they are not sexually in to, but that does not change the reality that it will happen.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #69
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You clowns? You realize I'm straight, right? This is the atypical response I was referring to. Do you think a gay man can't control his eyes? Obviously they can if they have been in the closet in proffesional sports for years. In this specific case Jason Collins twin brother didn't even know he was gay.

You can't even fathom a straight man justifying a case for the acceptance of another persons sexual orientation, so you call them gay; classic!
Sorry, but when people fight so hard to defend things, one can only come to the conclusion that they have a personal stake in it.

You remind me of Houghtam claiming he owns numerous guns, but does everything in his power to argue he shouldn't be allowed to own them.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #70
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Are you eyeing me?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #71
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Are you eyeing me?

Ogling. I'm ogling you.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #72
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Sorry, but when people fight so hard to defend things, one can only come to the conclusion that they have a personal stake in it.

You remind me of Houghtam claiming he owns numerous guns, but does everything in his power to argue he shouldn't be allowed to own them.
the personal stake might be wanting to live in a world that isn't full of idiots. just a thought
Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #73
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

I had forgotten about the NBA. Is that still happening?
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #74
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
The bolded is funny. Straight men have this irrational fear that if they are in the same space as a gay man their chance of being sexually assaulted goes up. That is part of the argument against gays in sports. I guarantee every single athlete at any level from highschool up in any sport at one time or another has been seen bare assed naked by a gay man and managed to escape with their dignity intact.

I can understand your point, who wants to be ogled by people they are not sexually in to, but that does not change the reality that it will happen.

I never claimed that sexual assault would be increased or even possible....just pointing out that if a heterosexual man is considered a lecherous creep for ogling a woman's body, why does everyone call the heterosexual man intolerant for thinking likewise?

I can understand saying stuff like gays are the cause of the this or that, and that they are the reason we were attacked on 9/11, etc. being considered as "homophobic"

But saying stuff like "I don't want some gay guy in the showers checking out my ass, etc..." is just the same as a woman not liking it when a guy peeks down her blouse to see her cleavage.

It shouldn't be considered "homophobic" to not like being "checked out" by a homosexual.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #75
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
the personal stake might be wanting to live in a world that isn't full of idiots. just a thought
Not wanting some gay guy checking out my big dick or firm ass and salivating over it doesn't make me an idiot...it makes me a heterosexual male. why can't you be more tolerant of heterosexuals?