The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #551
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Didn't Cheney once say if the invasion of Iraq saved one American from terrorism, it was worth it?
Never heard that, but if he did, that's pretty effin retarded.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #552
defenseman
Ring of Famer
 
defenseman's Avatar
 
2007 record pred. (7-9)

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 9,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
This is just another convoluted way of saying gun deaths are a small price to pay for our right to bear arms. Thank you for finally admitting your stance, although I gotta say, cut admitted this months ago, so...at least he's got balls, and not a fleshy patch where balls used to be.
No different than driving a car. You are going to lose some drivers every year for various reasons. Same with guns.....works for me....don't dare try to take my guns. And, no government lists either. The lessons of 1937 Austria has been lost to many in this country. History reminds us of the risks if we are smart enough to look.
defenseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #553
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defenseman View Post
No different than driving a car. You are going to lose some drivers every year for various reasons. Same with guns.....works for me....don't dare try to take my guns. And, no government lists either. The lessons of 1937 Austria has been lost to many in this country. History reminds us of the risks if we are smart enough to look.
Please, explain to me the lessons of 1937 Austria, oh master of European History.

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #554
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
This is just another convoluted way of saying gun deaths are a small price to pay for our right to bear arms. Thank you for finally admitting your stance, although I gotta say, cut admitted this months ago, so...at least he's got balls, and not a fleshy patch where balls used to be.
No different then saying auto accidents are worth it because traveling by car is now a right in the USA. Hell i bet most of you would agree that if the govt said we can drive at 40 MPH max, save gas, and it would mean 10 thousand less fatal car crashes a yr you would all still be against it right Houghtam? Would you not say no I would rather drive 60 and take my chances? Don't lie.

Guns are a unique tool I agree. They don't really compare to other things very well. All you can compare is the fact it has to be an accident, or a malacious act for them to be dangerous. We have a lot of things in this world we can compare that to. Alcohol? You want alcohol legal right because you say prohibition leads to more crime and doesn't work.

Tell me this make guns harder to get and the price on the black market to criminals just goes up. Why will prohibition work on guns but not drugs? And then last if all you want is the background checks expanded what do you really think that would do to make you safer? Honestly do you think that would change the amount of gun violence in the USA by even 1%?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #555
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Please, explain to me the lessons of 1937 Austria, oh master of European History.

First they came for your guns, then your neighbors, then you!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Denver Broncos