The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #2551
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Who will will play a big part in preventing your 2nd overall pick from coming off the edge.
Yawn, is that all you got left in the smack tank? Our 1st over all pick will be a piece that will try to prevent our 2nd overall pick from dominating you?

Love how kFc was forced to make a Need pick over BPA. Just admit the reason they took a flyer on Fisher over Jockel was because they were afraid Miller would destroy him with his speed. Miller essentially dictated what kFc had to do draft wise. That and the fact that Reid thought he could unload the last 1st round LT bust to Miami.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #2552
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Who will will play a big part in preventing your 2nd overall pick from coming off the edge.
a rookie RT stopping Von? surely you jest.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #2553
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
a rookie RT stopping Von? surely you jest.
Hey, they think Dewayne Bowe is a real WR!

Old 05-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #2554
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Hey, they think Dewayne Bowe is a real WR!

that's at least somewhat plausible. Fisher stopping Von, that's just nonsense.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #2555
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yawn, is that all you got left in the smack tank? Our 1st over all pick will be a piece that will try to prevent our 2nd overall pick from dominating you?

Love how kFc was forced to make a Need pick over BPA. Just admit the reason they took a flyer on Fisher over Jockel was because they were afraid Miller would destroy him with his speed. Miller essentially dictated what kFc had to do draft wise. That and the fact that Reid thought he could unload the last 1st round LT bust to Miami.
No they took Fisher because he was the best player available.

And if you think he wasn't the best player available, let's hear who you thought was.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #2556
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And I hope Von likes double and triple teams, because now that Dumervil is gone, nobody is scared of any other pass rusher on your team outside of him.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #2557
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
good luck starting Jonathan Martin at LT Miami.

I'm glad we didn't do a lateral move. Having 2 quality OT's is never a bad thing.
The Chiefs are renting Albert for one year for $10 million. What are they going to do next year? They didn't draft Fisher #1 to play RT forever. And they're not going to pay Albert LT money to play RT (That's the only way you'll get him to move to RT).

I don't understand paying all that money for a player for one year when this team isn't on the cusp of a Super Bowl. I still don't understand trading for Alex Smith. It's like they're saying, we're content with shooting for 8-8.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #2558
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
The Chiefs are renting Albert for one year for $10 million. What are they going to do next year? They didn't draft Fisher #1 to play RT forever. And they're not going to pay Albert LT money to play RT (That's the only way you'll get him to move to RT).

I don't understand paying all that money for a player for one year when this team isn't on the cusp of a Super Bowl. I still don't understand trading for Alex Smith. It's like they're saying, we're content with shooting for 8-8.
They are working on a long term deal with Albert.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #2559
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Fisher was the best player in the draft.

The Chiefs will still suck, but they got a great one in Fisher. I look forward to when they trade him away like they do with all of their great players.
I would think a Bronco fan would be the last person to criticize any team of getting rid of good players since you just gave away one of your best young players for literally nothing and will get nothing in return for him.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #2560
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
So they're going to pay him LT money to play RT?

Or did they draft Fisher #1 to play RT?

Which is it?
Old 05-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #2561
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I think kc fans are in a bit of denial about the draft. Fisher was not drafted #1 overall to be a RT. Albert is not going to play any other position except LT. Albert wants to be paid like a top 5 LT. KC does not want to pay him as such because Reid knows he's not going to be the LT, Fisher is.

Working on a long term deal with Albert? How?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #2562
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Reid said that if Albert is here, he's the LT. Ian Rappaport said on NFL.com that we are focusing on a long term deal w Albert.

I wanted a QB to stand out in the draft, but it didn't happen. I'm not a big fan of a RT #1, but Eric Fisher is a damn good player. He was the best player this draft had to offer.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #2563
Bacchus

Quote:
Reid said that if Albert is here, he's the LT. Ian Rappaport said on NFL.com that we are focusing on a long term deal w Albert.

I wanted a QB to stand out in the draft, but it didn't happen. I'm not a big fan of a RT #1, but Eric Fisher is a damn good player. He was the best player this draft had to offer.
That is funny because after the college season you were saying Geno was the Chefs man. He did not play one game and everyone jumped ship on the guy.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #2564
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That is funny because after the college season you were saying Geno was the Chefs man. He did not play one game and everyone jumped ship on the guy.
Don't forget his insistence that one of the QB's taken would be the next Aaron Rogers.

It is hilarious that one of the few times the Chiefs get the first pick the best player is a lineman. Oh man, they can't even suck correctly.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #2565
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

lol, I don't give a rats behind if Eric Fisher is superman. You drafted him at 1.1 to play RT. Fail. Then you traded away your #2 pick in a deep, deep draft for a journey man QB who is slightly better than a day old corpse. Fail again. Then your draft as a whole, wut?? The trifecta fail!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #2566
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
lol, I don't give a rats behind if Eric Fisher is superman. You drafted him at 1.1 to play RT. Fail. Then you traded away your #2 pick in a deep, deep draft for a journey man QB who is slightly better than a day old corpse. Fail again. Then your draft as a whole, wut?? The trifecta fail!
1. Who should the Chiefs have drafted 1st overall?

2. Not happy w what we are giving up for Alex Smith.

3. You are judging a draft already huh? Well if that's the case then I guess we should thow in the fact that you reached for a RB and then reached again on a CB that wasn't rated high by anyone!

Oh and tell horseface thanks for letting Doom go for nothing! Thanks John!

Last edited by KCStud; 05-07-2013 at 03:42 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #2567
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
1. Who should the Chiefs have drafted 1st overall?

2. Not happy w what we are giving up for Alex Smith.

3. You are judging a draft already huh? Well if that's the case then I guess we should thow in the fact that you reached for a RB and then reached again on a CB that wasn't rated high by anyone!

Oh and tell horseface thanks for letting Doom go for nothing! Thanks John!
Here's the deal. Albert is gone, period. This is what you don't understand. Fisher was not drafted to play RT, that's not what what he was ultimately drafted for. He will play RT his rookie season because Albert refuses to switch positions because Albert knows LT is where the money is at. He's an ok LT, but nothing special. This is why kc couldn't even get a second draft pick for him. When another team signs Albert after next season, kc will receive a conditional 3rd round pick.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 05-07-2013 at 04:06 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #2568
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
So they can trade him for a 4th round pick and unload him.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #2569
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
I would think a Bronco fan would be the last person to criticize any team of getting rid of good players since you just gave away one of your best young players for literally nothing and will get nothing in return for him.
A fax machine was the difference in Doom walking, that or his agent hosed up playing games.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #2570
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
And I hope Von likes double and triple teams, because now that Dumervil is gone, nobody is scared of any other pass rusher on your team outside of him.
You forget we landed a great DT in the draft. With the signing of Knighton and Phillips in FA our Pass rush and run D will be better than if we still had Doom plus there will be more pressure from inside this year than just the edges. Smith is going to have no where to hide, he may not even have time for one of his patented dump off passes before he gets mauled by the speed of Miller and Williams.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #2571
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You forget we landed a great DT in the draft. With the signing of Knighton and Phillips in FA our Pass rush and run D will be better than if we still had Doom plus there will be more pressure from inside this year than just the edges. Smith is going to have no where to hide, he may not even have time for one of his patented dump off passes before he gets mauled by the speed of Miller and Williams.

So your late first round DT is a great player but Eric Fisher sucks?

Eric Fisher was the best player at the Senior Bowl. He owned everyone.

And yes I am using the word "owned" because he literally beat every DL there and most of the time it looked like he was doing it with ease.

I think Williams was a good prospect. But to imply that Williams is great and Fisher doesn't stand any chance at all against Von is hilarious.

Fisher is most definitely a player that can compete with Von. He's not Barry Richardson.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #2572
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Here's the deal. Albert is gone, period. This is what you don't understand. Fisher was not drafted to play RT, that's not what what he was ultimately drafted for. He will play RT his rookie season because Albert refuses to switch positions because Albert knows LT is where the money is at. He's an ok LT, but nothing special. This is why kc couldn't even get a second draft pick for him. When another team signs Albert after next season, kc will receive a conditional 3rd round pick.
I think this is what is going to happen as well. It would be silly to make Fisher a RT.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #2573
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
So your late first round DT is a great player but Eric Fisher sucks?

Eric Fisher was the best player at the Senior Bowl. He owned everyone.

And yes I am using the word "owned" because he literally beat every DL there and most of the time it looked like he was doing it with ease.

I think Williams was a good prospect. But to imply that Williams is great and Fisher doesn't stand any chance at all against Von is hilarious.

Fisher is most definitely a player that can compete with Von. He's not Barry Richardson.
Most years Fisher and Joekel(sp?) would have gone late top 10, this year they were 1 and 2 overall. I guess if I were drafting for kFc this year I would have taken a Tackle 1st overall if I couldn't trade down either.

Williams was projected as a top 15 pick, we got him much later thanks to the run on Tackles and other teams trying to fill needs. His value being there as late as we picked is what prompted my use of the word great.

Any other year you could have picked an impact player (say a franchise QB or a can't miss pass rusher) 1st over all then still been able to move up and land one of those 2 LT's (provided you didn't overpay your 2nd round pick in a trade for a near bust QB) and still fill a couple other positions.

I am just glad kFc held the #1 overall pick in a down year for elite draft prospects.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #2574
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Most years Fisher and Joekel(sp?) would have gone late top 10, this year they were 1 and 2 overall. I guess if I were drafting for kFc this year I would have taken a Tackle 1st overall if I couldn't trade down either.

Williams was projected as a top 15 pick, we got him much later thanks to the run on Tackles and other teams trying to fill needs. His value being there as late as we picked is what prompted my use of the word great.

Any other year you could have picked an impact player (say a franchise QB or a can't miss pass rusher) 1st over all then still been able to move up and land one of those 2 LT's (provided you didn't overpay your 2nd round pick in a trade for a near bust QB) and still fill a couple other positions.

I am just glad kFc held the #1 overall pick in a down year for elite draft prospects.
Haha if Sylvester Williams was a top 15 pick, 5 DL wouldn't have been picked before him and he would have went higher.

I still think Jonathan Cyprien is gonna be a better player and he would have been a better pick.

Last edited by KCStud; 05-07-2013 at 09:21 PM..
Old 05-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #2575
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Just wait JDR is going to ''Turn Ayers loose" and he will be a monster.