The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #76
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Um, not really. Phillip is just a little above average and Vasquez, the same. We always called Phillip "the other guy"...lol. And now that he'll be sacked even more by Miller, he is once again the other guy.

Fixed your post......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #77
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

I dont see how anyone can dislike this signing
He isnt going to start, he will come in on passing downs and take Ayers' spot
Hes not a broke dick like Freeney either, had 9.5 sacks last year

Obviously not on Doom's lever, but a pretty good stop gap so Q Smith can heal and develop
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #78
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Shaun Phillips got a one-year, $1 million deal. He can make another $2 million in incentives. Hits first incentive at 8 sacks.

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/328327775683489793
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #79
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
Shaun Phillips got a one-year, $1 million deal. He can make another $2 million in incentives. Hits first incentive at 8 sacks.

Nice stop gap DE for a good price! I kinda like our DE's right now. Maybe, we may sneak in Freeney or Abraham if the younger guys like Beal aren't developing. But I have high hopes for Beal, Jackson, and Smith to develop behind Wolfe and Phillips.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #80
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 4m

Phillips has incentives at 10 and 12 sacks as well for #Broncos.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #81
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
how do you feel about Teo?
Haven't you heard? He is the next Junior Seau! Or so i heard in a bar last night.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #82
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Cry me a River is for sure going down hard this yr. We just drafted the player who tore Fluker up in college, have the best pass rusher in the AFC in Von Miller, and now we added the Chargers best pass rusher. Rivers is going down!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #83
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I would have told Phillips, 100 thousand dollars for every sack against the Chargers that makes Rivers look like he wants to cry.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #84
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I would have told Phillips, 100 thousand dollars for every sack against the Chargers that makes Rivers look like he wants to cry.
Ha ha, but wouldn't that be all of them?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #85
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Ha ha, but wouldn't that be all of them?
yeah he may only get 1 sack lol. I jest I jest yes Rivers always looks like he wants to cry so maybe he should only get extra if Rivers actually cries.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #86
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Von Shaun!
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #87
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
how do you feel about Teo?
I think he was a good pick. Yeah he comes with some media fanfare but all he has to do is play wel and it will be forgotten being here. Our team doesnt really get a lot of media coverage so it wont be a big circus for him here at all like it would be in NY or NE.
He isnt fast but he plays fast, has good instincts and is best in zone coverage which we play more of.
He isnt Junior Seau but he is a good player and i didnt like giving up a pick for hi givin our needs situation but Spikes was old and even slower and couldnt cover anyone so he is an upgrade for years to come.

We still need a LT so obviously they didnt take care of everything. I expect them to bring in a vet like McKinnie or maybe Jason Peters will be on the trade block now in Philly.

Im not about to claim we have a shot to compete for the division but i do like what the new regime is doing so far. AJ Smith kinda of screwed us this year for the salary cap. Next year will be better.
I dont know how McCoy feels about Royal since he had him in Denver but his salary is a burden as well this year and he was hurt most the season last year. I expect him and Floyd to be gone after this season and maybe Meachem unless he steps up this year.

And look, im not going to say Shaun Phillips sucks and act like a dik because he isnt with us but seriously, they guy is a big mouth. Follow him on twitter and you will see what a dumbas* he is. And he will get some sacks for sure but he isnt a clutch player. Another guy we were glad to see go.

Time for Ingram to take his spot and see what he can do now as a fulltime starter.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-27-2013 at 08:31 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #88
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I don't like sack number incentives. It encourages players to take stupid risks. And of course it fosters a me-vs.-them kind of feeling in the locker room, especially when you're a douchebag like Shaun Phillips.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #89
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWheatGrower View Post
Phillips is a turd though. A guy who goes around town looking for trouble at night. He was one of the players that I despised the most in the NFL.
One mans trash is another mans come up. We just hit the Thrift Shop gentlemen. We done popped some tags....

Last edited by ghwk; 04-27-2013 at 08:59 PM..
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #90
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
I think he was a good pick. Yeah he comes with some media fanfare but all he has to do is play wel and it will be forgotten being here. Our team doesnt really get a lot of media coverage so it wont be a big circus for him here at all like it would be in NY or NE.
He isnt fast but he plays fast, has good instincts and is best in zone coverage which we play more of.
He isnt Junior Seau but he is a good player and i didnt like giving up a pick for hi givin our needs situation but Spikes was old and even slower and couldnt cover anyone so he is an upgrade for years to come.

We still need a LT so obviously they didnt take care of everything. I expect them to bring in a vet like McKinnie or maybe Jason Peters will be on the trade block now in Philly.

Im not about to claim we have a shot to compete for the division but i do like what the new regime is doing so far. AJ Smith kinda of screwed us this year for the salary cap. Next year will be better.
I dont know how McCoy feels about Royal since he had him in Denver but his salary is a burden as well this year and he was hurt most the season last year. I expect him and Floyd to be gone after this season and maybe Meachem unless he steps up this year.

And look, im not going to say Shaun Phillips sucks and act like a dik because he isnt with us but seriously, they guy is a big mouth. Follow him on twitter and you will see what a dumbas* he is. And he will get some sacks for sure but he isnt a clutch player. Another guy we were glad to see go.

Time for Ingram to take his spot and see what he can do now as a fulltime starter.
I think McCoy is going to get the best out of Rivers. He's had a rough couple of years but he's still an excellent QB IMHO. I'm suprised sd didn't draft another RB to compete with Ryan Mathews, but you all only had 4 picks. I bet your team brings in many an UDFA RB to look at.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #91
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Now let's sign Urlacher for peanuts and play him on 1st and 2nd down (and the leadership he'll bring) and let's watch us battle the Niners @ the new Meadowlands next February in what should've been a REMATCH of this past year's Super Bowl (just like SB 32 should've been a rematch of SB 31 when we sh*t the bed against JAX and the Pats played GB instead)............
I wouldn't mind signing Urlacher for a season at all.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #92
Tim

He is probably very rusty from going against some horrible tackles for the past few years in in practice.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #93
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I think McCoy is going to get the best out of Rivers. He's had a rough couple of years but he's still an excellent QB IMHO. I'm suprised sd didn't draft another RB to compete with Ryan Mathews, but you all only had 4 picks. I bet your team brings in many an UDFA RB to look at.
We had 6 picks and they signed Danny Woodhead in FA'cy and resigned Ronnie Brown. So far i think they only have 1 UDFA RB signed and Brinkley im sure will be back.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-27-2013 at 09:11 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #94
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

this guy has been a pain in the ass against the broncos for years.....
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #95
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Watch him go from a perennial 88+ player down to 74 overall in Madden.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #96
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
More productive than both Freeney and Abraham last season, cheaper, and likely far more motivated. Sounds like a good signing to me. He likely can also be moved to the situational role Doom should have been playing, freeing up more snaps for Ayers and Jackson.
He's a third down rusher.... which is really what Doom was, he was just really good at the one thing.

This is a much better value signing, that allows a very solid starter in Ayers get a final chance to prove himself (in a contract year).

Our line will be rotational next year, but when you look at the base package and notice Williams weighed in a 323 in ESPN Sports Science our line is freaking huge:

RDE: Ayers (275), UT: Williams (323), NT: Knighton (335), LDE: Wolfe (305).

Anyone remember having a line that big?

I see a lot of third down packages now with Philips-Ayers-Williams-Wolfe or Philips-Williams-Wolfe-Ayers, with Von being the fifth rusher and man-press coverage.

Del Rio has run that defense his whole career.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #97
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
One mans trash is another mans come up. We just hit the Thrift Shop gentlemen. We done popped some tags....
P uke. If I have to hear that stupid ****ing song one more time im gonna start hitting people... that and the I should have bought you flowers

*****RAGE********
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #98
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
He's a third down rusher.... which is really what Doom was, he was just really good at the one thing.

This is a much better value signing, that allows a very solid starter in Ayers get a final chance to prove himself (in a contract year).

Our line will be rotational next year, but when you look at the base package and notice Williams weighed in a 323 in ESPN Sports Science our line is freaking huge:

I see a lot of third down packages now with Philips-Ayers-Williams-Wolfe or Philips-Williams-Wolfe-Ayers, with Von being the fifth rusher and man-press coverage.

Del Rio has run that defense his whole career.
Yeah, I think there will be a nice rotation going on at every position on the d-line. However, I think Phillips might get the start at RDE instead of Ayers (depending on TC), and Big Vick will start the game off instead of Williams (depending on TC however TC might change that, but they will split the PT anyway).
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #99
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post

If anyone remembers having a line that big they clearly have some kind of mental issues. Most of my life the Broncos haven't even had one 300 pounder on their d-line. If that ends up being the starting line we probably have the biggest 4-3 line in the league.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #100
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Superbowl years Denver's biggest player was Keith Traylor. 310 lb DT. Crazy how things change.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote