The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #1151
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Will Homer be on the hot seat? Lavy get canned?
god i hope so

the NMC long term contracts are killing us, and lavys pond hockey system has gotten old, dumbs it down and plays more D when the kids are playing, and the team actualy looks pretty good, if only he tried that with his NHL d men.

oh well

go flyers west
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #1152
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
god i hope so

the NMC long term contracts are killing us, and lavys pond hockey system has gotten old, dumbs it down and plays more D when the kids are playing, and the team actualy looks pretty good, if only he tried that with his NHL d men.

oh well

go flyers west
I think Lavy is a fairly good coach...although if you got Ruff that would be even better.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #1153
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
god i hope so

oh well

go flyers west
Flyers should can Homer and hire Ron Hextall as your GM. Then trade for Bernier on the Kings to replace bryz.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #1154
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

22 consecutive playoffs! LETS GO RED WINGS!
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #1155
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Looks like the top two lines for the playoffs will be Iginla-Crosby-Dupuis and Kunitz-malkin-Neal from what I've read.

I like what Morrow is doing on the third line with Sutter. I'd like Bennett to play there as well but Bylsma prefers vets. They could put Jokinen there but he would be out of place positionally.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #1156
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Wild get in.

Happy for Fletcher and Yeo..former Pens
Old 04-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #1157
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Wild get in.

Happy for Fletcher and Yeo..former Pens
Hopefully they get bounced by Chicago in 4.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #1158
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Hopefully they get bounced by Chicago in 4.
They should be able to win a game.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #1159
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Welp Flyers WIN AGAIN. Drop 4 spots in the draft most likely (8 to 12). Im so pissed and kind of happy at the same time. Mason looks incredible, absolutely won the game tonight vs the Sens who were trying to get the 7 seed so they wont have to play the Pens. Damn Mason is awesome though. But, I think that might have cost us a chance at drafting Darnell Nurse. Hopefully they can still get Zadarov.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #1160
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Caps and Rags meet yet again in the postseason. That will be a good series.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #1161
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Flyers should can Homer and hire Ron Hextall as your GM. Then trade for Bernier on the Kings to replace bryz.
bernier for bryz straight up, consider it done
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #1162
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Welp Flyers WIN AGAIN. Drop 4 spots in the draft most likely (8 to 12). Im so pissed and kind of happy at the same time. Mason looks incredible, absolutely won the game tonight vs the Sens who were trying to get the 7 seed so they wont have to play the Pens. Damn Mason is awesome though. But, I think that might have cost us a chance at drafting Darnell Nurse. Hopefully they can still get Zadarov.
Zadorov is a beast, such a smooth player.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #1163
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

One game left and the B's could still face 3 freakin teams depending on the outcome of tomorrow's game. Unreal.

It's either Islanders, Ottawa or Toronto. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #1164
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
One game left and the B's could still face 3 freakin teams depending on the outcome of tomorrow's game. Unreal.

It's either Islanders, Ottawa or Toronto. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this.
Hopefully the Islanders. I'd like the Canadians to square off vs the Maple Leafs in the first round.

Anyway, Kings will face the Blues in the first round. Can't wait for the schedule to come out and get my hands on some tickets.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:40 AM   #1165
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Caps and Rags meet yet again in the postseason. That will be a good series.
Now time for me to rant

In all seriousness; I'm so sick of seeing the rangers. I think the series is a coin flip to be honest but 4 times in 5 years. Sick of seeing them.

My 3 keys for caps:

1) holtby must match lundqvist
2) Oates has to outsmart torts/mcdonagh in making Ovie dangerous and tricky. Mcdonagh was very good at defending the "old" ovie
3) torts is on thin ice with the players. If the caps can hold serve, get things tp snowball on NY early in series and get torts pointing fingers; torts will be ex-coach of nyr before the 2nd round begins
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #1166
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Now time for me to rant

In all seriousness; I'm so sick of seeing the rangers. I think the series is a coin flip to be honest but 4 times in 5 years. Sick of seeing them.

My 3 keys for caps:

2) Oates has to outsmart torts/mcdonagh in making Ovie dangerous and tricky. Mcdonagh was very good at defending the "old" ovie
3) torts is on thin ice with the players. If the caps can hold serve, get things tp snowball on NY early in series and get torts pointing fingers; torts will be ex-coach of nyr before the 2nd round begins
Good points. I think this one will go 6 or 7, either way.

West match ups are set. I think Chicago will win in 5. The Ducks will fend off Detroit in 6 tough games. Vancouver and SJ too close to call. I think STL and LA will be a terrific series. LA has played well against them but STL is a team that is deep defensively and I wouldn't be shocked if they were in the Final.

As for the East we will see tomorrow if we get the Isles or Ottawa. I think we would trash NYI defense. Just trash it. But they would exploit our PK...early and often. Ottawa getting Karlsson back is big and Anderson could steal games but I don't think they can generate enough goals. We should beat either club in 5 or 6 games.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:13 AM   #1167
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Burn in Hell Stan Kroenke all that $ money you wasted on carmaello-Jerk anthony. Sell the Avs to someone who cares
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:26 AM   #1168
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post

I'd like them to win, I really want to see a Maple Leafs-Canadiens match up.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #1169
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
i dunno, its uber awesome seeing bob do so well in columbus too.

I heard briere pulled his kids out of local rep hockey, and its expected that he will be bought out.

his 2 years left are harder to take then 9 more for bryzaster
Maybe not this year but I'm guessing next summer they will buy him out. Personally I'd do it this year and reclaim his cap space now and shore up the D. If Mason plays at a level remotely close to what he's doing now, he'll get 3-4 million for his next contract and there's no way you carry 10 million in cap space between the two of them.

Bryz and his contract are both just brutal.

Oliver has been real good. He could be in top 4 next year if he cleans his game as you said and quits taking awful penalties.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:51 AM   #1170
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Mason has been crazy good. 43/44 against the Sens. If's refreshing to have some confidence in net both as a fan but also the players seem to do as well. The guy is just incredibly athletic and has a good sense of the game.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #1171
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Now time for me to rant

My 3 keys for caps:

Spoken like someone that knows nothing about the Rangers. How did they respond after Gaborik was traded? The mood of the lockerroom changed dramatically after sour puss was traded.

Mactruck, Staal, Girardi, MDZ, Moore....yep they're screwed against new Ovie.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #1172
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post

Spoken like someone that knows nothing about the Rangers. How did they respond after Gaborik was traded? The mood of the lockerroom changed dramatically after sour puss was traded.

Mactruck, Staal, Girardi, MDZ, Moore....yep they're screwed against new Ovie.
Huh?

I watch a lot of their games. Not many guys like Torts. That ship is run by the respected captain Callahan.

It's not a secret that Torts is the type of guy who wears out his welcome because of his style.

As for my ovie comment, it wasn't that the rangers are a joke defense. My point was that they rely on McDonagh with the role of shutting down ovie like the Bruins with Chara. He is very effective at playing ovechkin; and so my point was that Oates will have to mastermind a plan of attack that makes Ovechkin less predictable for McDonagh, just like he has this season.

That was my point, not a slight on the rangers defense. Just a key for the caps if they want to advance.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #1173
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
22 consecutive playoffs! LETS GO RED WINGS!
I was very happy to see the streak stay alive....I was still in high school when the streak started.

I live about 45 minutes away from Detroit and that streak is a big deal.

It's nice to see Detroit going into the playoffs on a little bit of a roll.

I don't know how far they will go, but I like the fact that they had to get on a little bit of roll to get into the playoffs, as the last handful of games essentially felt like playoff games to them, as they had to win them.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #1174
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Huh?

I watch a lot of their games. Not many guys like Torts. That ship is run by the respected captain Callahan.

It's not a secret that Torts is the type of guy who wears out his welcome because of his style.

As for my ovie comment, it wasn't that the rangers are a joke defense. My point was that they rely on McDonagh with the role of shutting down ovie like the Bruins with Chara. He is very effective at playing ovechkin; and so my point was that Oates will have to mastermind a plan of attack that makes Ovechkin less predictable for McDonagh, just like he has this season.

That was my point, not a slight on the rangers defense. Just a key for the caps if they want to advance.
I say my comment again, Cally, Henrik, Stepan, and the team leaders are firmly behind Torts. So is the origination, this isn't a Keenan type situation.

Mac hasn't even been the best player on defense this year.......MDZ has.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #1175
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
I say my comment again, Cally, Henrik, Stepan, and the team leaders are firmly behind Torts. So is the origination, this isn't a Keenan type situation.

Mac hasn't even been the best player on defense this year.......MDZ has.
we will see what happens. If they lose this series, he is gone IMO.

If they get off to a bad start, Torts starts pointing fingers and it could snowball. That's all I am saying.

I don't question the rangers team leadership; I question Torts staying power even though I actually find the guy to be hilarious and actually like his approach.

edit: and if they put MDZ on Ovechkin, they are begging to lose IMO.