The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Anybody wishing Lattimore in the 4th?

I can't help but think after FA and with the draft so far, we've got one hell of a team and have a great chance to go to the big show. At this point, 4th round, most picks are either projects, small school guys with NFL bodies and speed but not the competition level, or guys that have slid back due to injury or off the field issues.

I like the idea of Lattimore in the 4th if he falls to us. I would not move up to get him but if if he's there, I'd love to take a shot at him. If he can recover to near full health during the season, wow, what a gem of a backfield we'll have.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #2
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Why not move up if he is our guy? We throw in a 5th or 6th and grab him... What in reality would we get using that extra 5th or 6th? Lattimore is a really good RB. I would be all for moving up and getting him.

But I know we will not so why dream.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

If we did get Lattimore, we could instantly cut McGahee and Lance Ball... Cap savings!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #4
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
If we did get Lattimore, we could instantly cut McGahee and Lance Ball... Cap savings!
Get Lattimore, cut McGahee and Ball, sign Freeney......championship!!!
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #5
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i'm actually hoping for a QB. either Bray or Dysert for value purposes.
but a S like Thomas from Fresno or a DE like Okafor,Jenkins or Smith. even a WR like Patton would be great value right now.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #6
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

A late round QB would do what exactly for us besides waste a pick? We got Oz early last season and we have PFM running this team, I just do not get wasting a draft pick this year on a QB, He would never help us win the SB in our short window of time.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #7
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
A late round QB would do what exactly for us besides waste a pick? We got Oz early last season and we have PFM running this team, I just do not get wasting a draft pick this year on a QB, He would never help us win the SB in our short window of time.
trade chip for the future and a guy who can help push Oz now.
the NFL is a QB driven league and teams are willing to pay out the nose for even back ups.
not every draft pick is for right now or for a certain window.
if we were drafting only for now it'd be all RB's,WR's,OL and DE's.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #8
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

That's a bit overkill on the RB.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:08 AM   #9
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Was it overkill when first McGahee went down, then Moreno leaving us with Ball and Hillman in the playoff loss to the Ravens? I think not.

We are in the here and now with Peyton Manning and Champ Bailey, we can not look for trade bait down the line, What good will that do you after our team leaders and future HOF players are gone? We need a solid defense and a killer offense NOW, not camp fodder and trade chips.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:18 AM   #10
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I'd love it if Barrett Jones and Schwenke are gone but I know it won't happen so why bother? We're gonna take a quarterback or wideout from jackoff state so I'm not getting my hopes up.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:20 AM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Broncos aren't going to draft Hillman, then M. Ball, then another running back. Not this yr. I'd rather them trade up to grab Schwenke or Jones.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Was it overkill when first McGahee went down, then Moreno leaving us with Ball and Hillman in the playoff loss to the Ravens? I think not.

We are in the here and now with Peyton Manning and Champ Bailey, we can not look for trade bait down the line, What good will that do you after our team leaders and future HOF players are gone? We need a solid defense and a killer offense NOW, not camp fodder and trade chips.
Yeah but Broncos will rehab Moreno, rehab Willis, they drafted Hillman, M. Ball and will probably think only so many rbs can make the team. If one of the vets cant get healthy they could still bring in a vet journeyman like Bradshaw.

Broncos IMO will look for interior oline, maybe a pass rusher.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:36 AM   #13
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

McGahee and Moreno can only rehab so much, At what point do you think they are never going to be healthy for more than a couple games? Willis is old, broke and fumbles like he has dipped his hands in slick 50 oil treatment. Moreno is who he is. Montee Ball/Marcus Lattimore and Ronnie Hillman would be plain sick... and not only a short term fix, but here for the long haul.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:42 AM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
McGahee and Moreno can only rehab so much, At what point do you think they are never going to be healthy for more than a couple games? Willis is old, broke and fumbles like he has dipped his hands in slick 50 oil treatment. Moreno is who he is. Montee Ball/Marcus Lattimore and Ronnie Hillman would be plain sick... and not only a short term fix, but here for the long haul.
I just don't think they will do it.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:01 AM   #15
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I never said they would do it... I said I would like them to do it. If I based the Broncos draft on what I want, I would bitter like Baja.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #16
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

I'd like to have Lattimore - give us a 'feel good' story. At this point i'm really happy with the draft so far. Ball looks like an instant starter to me, the CB that we drafted is interesting - i'm no expert but I know 90% of the guys here are so.....
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #17
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

As much as I would like to see Ball, Lattimore, and Hillman... I am very concerned with his knees. If he never had those injuries, he is easily a top pick in the draft.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #18
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

If he fell to us, I'd definitely take a flyer on him. We're unlikely to get a starter in the 4th or beyond this year so we could even afford to red shirt him. If it works out, he and Ball would be our one two punch in the long term!

Hillman... I don't see what everyone else seems to see at this point but he's good depth and a change of pace. Mcgahee has this season left (if he's lucky) and Moreno, well I can't say I'll be sad when we replace him. The rest of our stable isn't worth mentioning imo.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #19
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'd take Lattimore as well since with the other RB's, he wouldn't need to play much at all this year and could get more time to heal. But I think with the way the draft is shaking out, I think the Broncos will take another QB. Lattimore could be had in the 5th round though.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #20
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
If he fell to us, I'd definitely take a flyer on him. We're unlikely to get a starter in the 4th or beyond this year so we could even afford to red shirt him. If it works out, he and Ball would be our one two punch in the long term!

Hillman... I don't see what everyone else seems to see at this point but he's good depth and a change of pace. Mcgahee has this season left (if he's lucky) and Moreno, well I can't say I'll be sad when we replace him. The rest of our stable isn't worth mentioning imo.
I feel the same way. At this point, picking at the end of the middle-late rounds, take chances on guys like this. Guy was on his way to being a top draft pick before he got hurt, and we certainly won't need him this year, so give him a year to recover and train, learn the playbook, get some carries in, and become the #2 back or maybe more the following year.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #21
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I think one running back per draft is enough. Since we have PeytonMFManning, I don't see the need for it. Sure would be nice to get a MLB or a DE.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #22
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Lattimore is an interesting prospect and I love his story, but I think it would be better to pass on him.

Pass rusher, MLB, And SS are at the top of my list. However, players like Jesse Williams and Barrett Jones also have tremendous upside at positions of need. This would be a good round to trade up for one of these talented (if not injured) prospects that could potentially heal and start for us later.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #23
SlyEli

Lattimore simply isn't very good. Plus the broncos have enough backs.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #24
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I can't help but think after FA and with the draft so far, we've got one hell of a team and have a great chance to go to the big show. At this point, 4th round, most picks are either projects, small school guys with NFL bodies and speed but not the competition level, or guys that have slid back due to injury or off the field issues.

I like the idea of Lattimore in the 4th if he falls to us. I would not move up to get him but if if he's there, I'd love to take a shot at him. If he can recover to near full health during the season, wow, what a gem of a backfield we'll have.
Not before the 5th for my own beliefs. I still see good talent without injury. If he is there in the 5th than go ahead and take him if he is your guy.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #25
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

No, I don't want to see that injury replayed over and over thank God we took Ball.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote