The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,476

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default Manti Te'o is a San Diego Sparkler





Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Watch their dozen or so fans get all excited about their new "Junior Seau".
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

I don't like them getting a player who can run and free audible a defense from the middle.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
beardedwonder
Rookie
 
go america. go broncos.

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 92

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

new meaning to jacking it in SD
beardedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Makes sense
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I don't like them getting a player who can run and free audible a defense from the middle.
Te'o can run?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Te'o can run?
Te'o has great football speed. He's going into a 3-4, so speed won't be as big of a necessity. Just watch his film...no one has more explosive plays than him in the draft this year.

I wish Teo didn't go to the Chargers, but the AFC West seems to always fail at keeping things drama free.

People joke around like Teo can't play football...he can definitely play football.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #8
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

San Diego Poofters
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #9
Knuckle Dragger
Rookie
 
Knuckle Dragger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 56
Default

Now he can have a make believe super bowl ring too.
Knuckle Dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Te'o has great football speed. He's going into a 3-4, so speed won't be as big of a necessity. Just watch his film...no one has more explosive plays than him in the draft this year.

I wish Teo didn't go to the Chargers, but the AFC West seems to always fail at keeping things drama free.

People joke around like Teo can't play football...he can definitely play football.
Oh he's fine for a 3-4, but the "he can run" non-sense is pretty hilarious. His 40 time and scouting reports make it clear that is not a strength for him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #11
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Te'o can run?
I was referring to running a defense, not his running speed, or lack there of. His 40 time has been talked about for some time.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 
You know noothin

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Teo's fans are going nuts!!!

LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #13
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,034
Default

Te'o ran a 4.75 or 4.78 at his proday...one of the two, while the RB you just drafted ran a 4.66.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #14
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 
You know noothin

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Te'o ran a 4.75 or 4.78 at his proday...one of the two, while the RB you just drafted ran a 4.66.
So what you are saying is Teo won't be able to keep up with him in coverage.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #15
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Te'o ran a 4.75 or 4.78 at his proday...one of the two, while the RB you just drafted ran a 4.66.
So what you are saying is he is slower than one of our slower skill position players ?

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,495
Default

He's a great player and we will have to deal with him now.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #17
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Te'o ran a 4.75 or 4.78 at his proday...one of the two, while the RB you just drafted ran a 4.66.
Maybe you didn't hear, but he ran a 4.46 at his pro day.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...adgers-pro-day
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #18
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Teo was not such a great pick IMHO but Allen was a great pick. SD also beefed up their oline. Overall, it was a solid draft but if they would have taken Minter or Bostic instead of Teo I'd be really worried about this draft.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #19
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Maybe you didn't hear, but he ran a 4.46 at his pro day.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...adgers-pro-day
WTFPWNED!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #20
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Maybe you didn't hear, but he ran a 4.46 at his pro day.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...adgers-pro-day
BOOOSH!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #21
jerseyboiler120
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

We all saw te'os speed as he was left in the dust often against bama.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #22
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Teo was not such a great pick IMHO but Allen was a great pick. SD also beefed up their oline. Overall, it was a solid draft but if they would have taken Minter or Bostic instead of Teo I'd be really worried about this draft.
Te'o is better than Minter. Im not just saying that because we drafted him. I said that when making my mock draft as well when i gave Te'o to somebody else ahead of Minter. Te'o is solid. He isnt a burner but he is instinctive. He had a bad game against Alabama, that is easy to see but he made good reads, he just missed tackles. The whole team was awful so what do you do. It happens sometimes. Even Peyton Manning had 6 INT's in a game...against us BTW

He plays faster than he timed so i think it was a great value pick. Allen ws a great pick as well. He said today after we drafted him that his knee is about 90% and he will be ready for TC.

We never got a first round OT out of AJ Smith and wanted one for years so to getone first time pout with Telesco is a great thing even though he is a RT. Our RT is crap too so upgrade there. Still need a LT and have some other holes but things are looking up.

I dont know a thing about the CB you drafted but Sly Williams was a great pick.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-26-2013 at 08:39 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #23
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,476

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Te'o is better than Minter. Im not just saying that because we drafted him. I said that when making my mock draft as well when i gave Te'o to somebody else ahead of Minter. Te'o is solid. He isnt a burner but he is instinctive. He had a bad game against Alabama, that is easy to see but he made good reads, he just missed tackles. The whole team was awful so what do you do. It happens sometimes. Even Peyton Manning had 6 INT's in a game...against us BTW

He plays faster than he timed so i think it was a great value pick. Allen ws a great pick as well. He said today after we drafted him that his knee is about 90% and he will be ready for TC.

We never got a first round OT out of AJ Smith and wanted one for years so to getone first time pout with Telesco is a great thing even though he is a RT. Our RT is crap too so upgrade there. Still need a LT and have some other holes but things are looking up.

I dont know a thing about the CB you drafted but Sly Williams was a great pick.
I think the Teo pick was just fine. I'm mostly laughing because you guys get to deal with the drama ****storm this time instead of us.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #24
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,440

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

San Diego just wanted some drama. They were jealous of the attention Denver got with Tebow and Manning. The only drama San Diego has had is after they play a game. i.e., week 6.

Oh yeah, Terrell Davis, Montee Ball's idol, ran a 4.67 40. Yeah I'm worried.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #25
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I think the Teo pick was just fine. I'm mostly laughing because you guys get to deal with the drama ****storm this time instead of us.
All he has to do is play well and the drama will fade but to be honest, we never get any pub from the networks so its kinda cool right now too see some news on us all the time for a change.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 AM.


Denver Broncos