The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default MHR Radio: 2013 NFL Draft Preview

Some loser named Req with his MHR friends talking the draft.

Lol, hope you guys enjoy.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Finally we agree on something.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #3
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

I thought you sounded pretty good. The other guys sucked and appeared clueless about football. Overall the podcast was pretty bad, but I thought you held up your end quite well.

I still think you're nuts about CB being an option though. You should have brought up the numbers suggesting that the only way we draft a CB early is if we cut Tony Carter or Omar Boldin. And if we did draft a CB early and cut Tony Carter, whom is getting pushed to the dime role? The new CB? Chris Harris? DRC?

It literally makes no sense that we even consider drafting a CB early in this draft.

Also would have liked to have heard analysis on Damontre Moore. I think he's an extremely likely selection.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I thought you sounded pretty good. The other guys sucked and appeared clueless about football. Overall the podcast was pretty bad, but I thought you held up your end quite well.

I still think you're nuts about CB being an option though. You should have brought up the numbers suggesting that the only way we draft a CB early is if we cut Tony Carter or Omar Boldin. And if we did draft a CB early and cut Tony Carter, whom is getting pushed to the dime role? The new CB? Chris Harris? DRC?

It literally makes no sense that we even consider drafting a CB early in this draft.

Also would have liked to have heard analysis on Damontre Moore. I think he's an extremely likely selection.

What did we keep last year? 10 DBS ? Wouldn't that be the same this year? Wo am I missing.

Champ
Drc
Harris
Rookie-lets say Rhodes
Carter
Bolden
Rahim
Adams
Bruton
Carter

That's 10- just like what we kept last year iirc. JL left for the saints. Bruton and bolden both play ST.

Unless, I am forgetting a safety, why wouldn't this work and why wouldn't we take a top notch cb like Rhodes (if we were lucky enough to have him there)?
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #5
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:

We had a lot of technical difficulties in the show. I'm sure you could tell with the differential between mic'd volumes, but we lost connection with our technical host/support out of Houston and we had to redo a lot of things. It wasn't until 12:00AM or so CST until I went to bed. It was the first time doing this since we all went over to MHR, so I guess there is a bit of a learning curve. We only wanted to originally do 30 to 45 minute show, but that didn't happen.

As I've said before with the CB position, three of those guys (DRC, CH, TC) are here on one year contracts. DRC's second is voidable. He has to prove it to get his worth. In an ideal world, he does, and we don't have to consider a CB, but I think we will. I don't think we go into camp with 5 CB's. If an injury happens to anyone, then what? I think it is paramount we get a guy. That is why I have been talking up D.J. Swearinger a lot because he can play CB in a pinch, but gives us flexibility at either SS/FS. I just want to get someone out of this class.

We were going to talk about Damontre Moore, in fact I said I would love to before we started the show, but Kyle must have forgot. He was a little nervous hosting and got disconnected a few times when doing that. (During the Al Wilson segment, rolling into the draft, etc.) Those guys both really know their football stuff, but really had me focus on the draft.

Thanks for listening and giving criticism/compliments. This is the type of stuff we want to hear so we can move forward. In the future we will be doing it so we can have live call-ins and fan participation. I will let you know when that happens.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #6
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Good stuff. I think CB is a possibility, but only if one of the top 3 fall.

Important that you fix the mic's for the future.

I really hope we just go BPA regardless of position - I wouldn't be super psyched about Ogletree...
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #7
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
Good stuff. I think CB is a possibility, but only if one of the top 3 fall.

Important that you fix the mic's for the future.

I really hope we just go BPA regardless of position - I wouldn't be super psyched about Ogletree...
Thanks for listening. The funny thing was, we did the podcast through Skype and I was the only one who didn't have a real "mic" and was just using what my Air offered me. I thought my clarity was better than the others, but I thought Kyle cut out a few times and went a little weird. Looking into getting a good mic (producer of the podcasts is gonna give me some tips) so we can sound much better in the future.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #8
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
What did we keep last year? 10 DBS ? Wouldn't that be the same this year? Wo am I missing.

Champ
Drc
Harris
Rookie-lets say Rhodes
Carter
Bolden
Rahim
Adams
Bruton
Carter

That's 10- just like what we kept last year iirc. JL left for the saints. Bruton and bolden both play ST.

Unless, I am forgetting a safety, why wouldn't this work and why wouldn't we take a top notch cb like Rhodes (if we were lucky enough to have him there)?
Because it makes zero sense.

Snap count for last year:

Champ Bailey - 1128
Chris Harris - 1017
Tony Carter - 558
Tracy Porter - 316
Omar Boldin - 81

Now, when Tracy Porter was healthy and starting, Tony Carter as the 4th CB played 15 snaps per game or less in the Dime role. Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie was signed to fill the role they wanted to fill with Porter. This means our 4th CB will play 15 or less snaps per game.

Are we going to move Champ Bailey, DRC, or Chris Harris to the 4th CB slot? No. There is no chance of that.

Is there a chance we draft a rookie in the first three rounds to play somewhere between 0 and 15 snaps per game? Hell no.

It makes no sense because of the numbers. Let alone the fact we'd then either cut or inactivate Tony Carter or Omar Boldin, both of whom the organization is high on.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #9
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

There are about ten corners, if not more in this draft who will be better players in the NFL than Carter and Bolden. Bolden has an outside shot at being a #2 in the NFL. Carter does not have starting potential. Bailey is 35. DRC is on a one year contract, as are the Harris and Carter. What happens if one of those guys go down?

Reading a lot of talk from Lammey and others that Jamar Taylor is going to be the surprise pick for the Broncos at #28. Couple that with the fact our defense gave up the most touchdowns to tight ends in the league and we are going to do something with our secondary.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #10
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
We had a lot of technical difficulties in the show. I'm sure you could tell with the differential between mic'd volumes, but we lost connection with our technical host/support out of Houston and we had to redo a lot of things. It wasn't until 12:00AM or so CST until I went to bed. It was the first time doing this since we all went over to MHR, so I guess there is a bit of a learning curve. We only wanted to originally do 30 to 45 minute show, but that didn't happen.

As I've said before with the CB position, three of those guys (DRC, CH, TC) are here on one year contracts. DRC's second is voidable. He has to prove it to get his worth. In an ideal world, he does, and we don't have to consider a CB, but I think we will. I don't think we go into camp with 5 CB's. If an injury happens to anyone, then what? I think it is paramount we get a guy. That is why I have been talking up D.J. Swearinger a lot because he can play CB in a pinch, but gives us flexibility at either SS/FS. I just want to get someone out of this class.

We were going to talk about Damontre Moore, in fact I said I would love to before we started the show, but Kyle must have forgot. He was a little nervous hosting and got disconnected a few times when doing that. (During the Al Wilson segment, rolling into the draft, etc.) Those guys both really know their football stuff, but really had me focus on the draft.

Thanks for listening and giving criticism/compliments. This is the type of stuff we want to hear so we can move forward. In the future we will be doing it so we can have live call-ins and fan participation. I will let you know when that happens.

I'm sure we'll bring more then 5 CBs to camp, I just think there's no chance we draft one early based on how much Elway wants his early draft picks to play. 5th or 7th round would be fair game, but that player is going to be a game day inactive or on the practice squad for a year.

DJ Swearinger is one of my favorites as well, but I have Washington taking him in Round 2 before we select. I don't think he makes it to our 2nd Round pick, but if he does, I think he's very high on our list of possibilities. Along with John Jenkins and Jon Bostic.

The one guy didn't know how we used Von Miller. That's bad. I'll listen to another one in support, but the quality has to improve drastically to keep my attention. I still think you did fine though, and I'm a pretty hard critic.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #11
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
There are about ten corners, if not more in this draft who will be better players in the NFL than Carter and Bolden. Bolden has an outside shot at being a #2 in the NFL. Carter does not have starting potential. Bailey is 35. DRC is on a one year contract, as are the Harris and Carter. What happens if one of those guys go down?

Reading a lot of talk from Lammey and others that Jamar Taylor is going to be the surprise pick for the Broncos at #28. Couple that with the fact our defense gave up the most touchdowns to tight ends in the league and we are going to do something with our secondary.
If we take a CB early, then who plays 15 or less snaps per game in Dime? Chris Harris, the rookie, or DRC?

You need back end CBs that don't complain about never playing. That's Carter and Bolden, though Bolden is already saying he wants more playing time.

Completely irrespective of talent for a moment, there are no snaps to give a high draft pick unless we basically give up on Harris or DRC. Do you see either happening?

There are no snaps to give. Run the numbers.

As for our coverage, we will be much improved because we will have a healthy #2 CB in DRC, with Harris in the nickel. Tony Carter shifts back to Dime. We won't have to rely on Jim Leonhard to try and play Dime. Bolden is in reserve, as is Quinton Carter, and a likely selection at Safety to push Mike Adams. If the rookie Safety can beat Adams to start, that would give us Mike Adams as a bigger option in Dime packages as well.

We do need some depth at Safety, but I'm not even sure how early we take one since that player won't play a ton either unless he beats out Mike Adams, and then Adams won't play much. Safety seems like a 3rd-5th round slot for developmental depth, especially so if the team likes Quinton Carter.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #12
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Obviously the rookie would be the #4 CB behind Bailey, DRC and Harris until he proves his worth. I think that Del Rio will be able to put him into packages to get him on the field as much as possible. We will go into camp with more than what we have on our roster. Getting a guy at CB also gives us a better route down the road with the cap because a first round player is locked in at four years for an affordable price.

Out of DRC, Harris and Carter -- which guys do you see the team keeping after this season? Would depend on how well they all played. A max, two of them. My guess is that Carter is the odd man out because he is never going to be more than a #4 CB here.

I'm not saying WE SHOULD draft a CB at #28. I'm not going to be disappointed if we do because for pass defense improvement now and down the road, I think it offers a lot of longevity. That is the luxury of being a team that doesn't have that many pressing needs.

We will have to see how the board falls tonight, but I think our best option (considering I believe Carradine, Werner, etc.) will all be gone by our selection is moving down, getting an extra third or fourth and just mauling it in rounds 2-4.

Truly believe that we will get the same caliber of player (say at #35) as we would where we are now.

I want a DB, MIKE, RB, DE, DT and WR in this draft. I want five picks in the first four rounds to get guys at all those spots.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #13
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Obviously the rookie would be the #4 CB behind Bailey, DRC and Harris until he proves his worth. I think that Del Rio will be able to put him into packages to get him on the field as much as possible. We will go into camp with more than what we have on our roster. Getting a guy at CB also gives us a better route down the road with the cap because a first round player is locked in at four years for an affordable price.

Out of DRC, Harris and Carter -- which guys do you see the team keeping after this season? Would depend on how well they all played. A max, two of them. My guess is that Carter is the odd man out because he is never going to be more than a #4 CB here.

I'm not saying WE SHOULD draft a CB at #28. I'm not going to be disappointed if we do because for pass defense improvement now and down the road, I think it offers a lot of longevity. That is the luxury of being a team that doesn't have that many pressing needs.

We will have to see how the board falls tonight, but I think our best option (considering I believe Carradine, Werner, etc.) will all be gone by our selection is moving down, getting an extra third or fourth and just mauling it in rounds 2-4.

Truly believe that we will get the same caliber of player (say at #35) as we would where we are now.

I want a DB, MIKE, RB, DE, DT and WR in this draft. I want five picks in the first four rounds to get guys at all those spots.
I'm with you regarding the long term CB roster concern, I just think we put off the early CB need for another year and see what we have in DRC and Boldin. I actually think Tony Carter could be a lifer as a sub-package CB, and you do need a decent Dime back. I could see us re-signing him for 3 years. A lot depends on Omar Boldin and how he develops this year. He could push into a nickel back, moving Harris back to starting, or maybe he pushes Carter out the door at Dime. I think we need another year of evaluating before we take a CB early, so we know what we have in DRC and Boldin.

Here's my final 1st Round mock:

1. KC - Luke Joeckel
2. Jacksonville - Eric Fisher
3. Oakland - Star Lotulelei
4. Philly - Lane Johnson
5. Detroit - Ezekial Ansah
6. Cleveland - Dion Jordan
7. Arizona - Jonathan Cooper
8. Buffalo - Geno Smith
9. NY Jets - Barkevious Mingo
10. Tennessee - Shariff Floyd
11. San Diego - Demarcus Milliner
12. Miami - DJ Fluker
13. NY Jets - Chance Warmack
14. Carolina - Sheldon Richardson
15. New Orleans - Jarvis Jones
16. St. Louis - Kenny Vaccaro
17. Pittsburgh - DJ Hayden
18. Dallas - Sylvester Williams
19. NY Giants - Tyler Eiffert
20. Chicago - Manti Te'o
21. Cincinnati - Alec Ogletree
22. St. Louis - Eddie Lacy
23. Minnesota - Tavon Austin
24. Indianapolis - Cordarelle Patterson
25. Minnesota - Xavier Rhodes
26. Green Bay - Jonathan Cyprien
27. Houston - Justin Hunter
28. Denver - Damontre Moore
29. New England - Keenan Allen
30. Atlanta - Desmond Trufant
31. San Francisco - Eric Reid
32. Baltimore - DeAndre Hopkins

I have Denver passing on Datone Jones (34), Tank Carradine (42), Bjoern Werner (40), Desmond Trufant (30), and Jamar Taylor (38). Though, if Lacy and Moore are gone, I think they would take Carradine, Werner, and Jones in that order, though after a trade back like you suggest.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #14
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:

Possible they could be looking at an MLB to cure the TE woes? Doesn't seem likely. Gotta be DB or DE.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Possible they could be looking at an MLB to cure the TE woes? Doesn't seem likely. Gotta be DB or DE.
I hope get get a MIKE.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #16
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Rhodes will own those TEs. Gronk got nuthin on X!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #17
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Rhodes will own those TEs. Gronk got nuthin on X!
Xavier Rhodes be going top 15. . .
Old 04-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #18
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He needs to go aaron rodgers on us. A little tom petty. Free falling baby! Free falling!!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #19
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Xavier Rhodes play the corner like Cal Ripken.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #20
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

So close Requiem!

If the stupid Colts didn't take Werner, he was going to fall out of the 1st Round for sure like Carradine.

Bah!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #21
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
So close Requiem!

If the stupid Colts didn't take Werner, he was going to fall out of the 1st Round for sure like Carradine.

Bah!
I am just baffled that Rhodes went to a zone team.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #22
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So close Requiem!

Bah!

hey hey hey- we almost landed rhodes. Just two picks away. Stupid ass minnesota!!!

I like sly, but im so pissed at them(minnesota), id much rather have had rhodes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: