The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #201
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I think he'll be the best QB out of this draft. And I won't be surprised if Robert Woods is the best WR.
The thing about Barkley is that he has the potential to be one of those physically unexceptional QBs who just plays smart and pick teams apart by taking what he is given. But he could also be yet another Mark Sanchez: a physically unexceptional QB who also plays dumb. We've seen him look like both, so it's really hard to know what he will become.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #202
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Rhodes is going to be a bawss!
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #203
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-davone-bess/

Report: Browns “seriously considering” trade for Davone Bess
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #204
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-to-joeckel/

Talk heats up that Chiefs prefer Fisher to Joeckel
Old 04-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #205
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Tyler Eifert - TE - Player

The New York Daily News reports the Jets are interested in Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert but not at No. 13 overall.
The Bills at No. 8, the Dolphins at No. 12, or the Jets at No. 13 is the highest Eifert would likely go, but those three teams would rather trade back and then grab Eifert if possible. The Jets badly need an upgrade on Jeff Cumberland.

This draft is just so damn hard to mock for!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #206
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Just heard how much #Lions love G Jonathan Cooper. A guard who can run…. Hmmm… On screens, etc. with Reggie Bush out of the backfield...
Old 04-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #207
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-to-joeckel/

Talk heats up that Chiefs prefer Fisher to Joeckel
That is who I mocked to KC. It would be nice to get one right, well besides the Bucs/Jets trade
Old 04-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #208
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...iters_rapsheet

2013 NFL Draft buzz: Kenny Vaccaro, D.J. Hayden entice scouts
Old 04-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #209
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver

Hearing some chatter from multiple NFL sources that the Raiders may be trying to trade down from 3 overall... w/ Browns as possible partner

If Cleveland trades up to get the Raiders' pick at 3, I believe Browns are targeting Ansah
Old 04-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #210
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

From another site

Take it for what its worth, but local radio guy has heard that Dallas has contingency trades worked out with both the 9ers and Falcons to move back.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #211
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are trying to win this year. They certainly have their eye on the future, but everything they do screams "win now". Trading for Revis, obviously, fits that view. But now we have a new one: the Buccaneers want to trade back up into the first round, or at least that's what Stephen Holder told Justin Pawlowski on 98.7 the Fan. The words he used were "try like hell". Mark Dominik said as much yesterday, too, when he noted that they had prospects they would try to trade up for if they fell far enough in his press conference.

That presents a few problems, though. The Bucs just traded away two draft picks, they'll have some issues with cap space next year and having lots of draft picks helps alleviate some cap issues by replacing more expensive veterans. And yet, the Buccaneers want to trade away a few of those tasty, cheap draft picks for a first-round pick? Why?

Well, I can think of three reasons. First, they think there's a big talent dropoff toward the end of the first round. That's not the consensus view of most draftniks as far as I can see, but it's a possibility. The second possibility is related to contracts. Players in the second half of the first round get five years on their contracts, while those in the second round get four years. Hence, a first round pick is automatically more valuable because you get an extra year of cheap labor. The cost can be mitigated, too. The Buccaneers still want to trade running back Legarrette Blount, and he could factor in a trade. It would free up some cap space this season, which can be rolled over to next year, while still allowing them to keep their draft picks.

The third reason is probably the biggest reason: the Buccaneers want to win now, and a late first-rounder helps them more than an early second-rounder, simply because he'd be a better player. Late rounders generally don't make a big impact early in their careers, so trading a few of those picks won't hurt the Buccaneers now. It will just hurt them in two years -- but Mark Dominik and Greg Schiano will deal with that when they get to it. If they get fired for failing this year, they won't get to worry about it after all.

One more thing: this could very well be a bunch of nonsense, too. NFL front offices spread misinformation like a disease this time of year. We could see that last year: how many people reported the Bucs were interested in Mark Barron before they took him with their first-rounder? And what about the reports that suggested the Buccaneers really wanted to sign multiple cornerbacks in free agency this year? Yeah, about that.

But if this report is correct, who could the Buccaneers target at the end of the first round?
Who they could target
DE Margus Hunt, SMU

Pewter Report has been pushing the idea that the Buccaneers love Margus Hunt, and they have him as the Bucs' second-round pick in their latest mock draft. Hunt's incredibly raw and a little old, but he has ridiculous athletic skills. He's huge at 6'8", 277 lbs, but as an Estonian Olympic athlete he doesn't have much experience as

More importantly, though, I don't know how he fits the Buccaneers. I've most often heard him projected as a 3-4 defense end, which would likely make him a three-technique for the Bucs. But that's Gerald McCoy's job, and they're not about to replace him. The next closest position is base defensive end -- but that's Da'Quan Bowers' job, and they absolutely love Bowers. Hunt probably won't be able to play right defensive end because he's a little stiff turning the edge -- so what does that leave for Hunt? Where are you going to plug him in?
A Cornerback

The Buccaneers still need a third cornerback, and some good players will fall. Maybe Dee Milliner's medical issues will push him down, maybe Xavier Rhodes is too limited for some teams, maybe Desmond Trufant has too many things to work on, maybe D.J. Hayden slides for....well I wouldn't really know why, but I would take him.

Point is: the Buccaneers still need a cornerback and there will be some option late in the first round. If one strikes their fancy and they feel like he won't be available once they pick, they could trade up for him.
TE Zach Ertz, Stanford

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers still need a starting tight end, as Luke Stocker and Tom Crabtree simply aren't good enough. Zach Ertz is the consensus second-best tight end in the draft and he should be available late in the first round. If the Bucs can jump up for him at an amenable price, they may just do it to fill the only real hole remaining on their roster.
A middle linebacker

A lot of linebackers will be available toward the end of the first round, and the Buccaneers could upgrade their middle linebacker position. Mason Foster is a solid starter, but he does lack some fluidity and speed in pass coverage -- so look for them to upgrade in that regard, pushing Foster to the outside. LSU's Kevin Minter, Kansas State's Arthur Brown and Oregon's Kiko Alonso may be a few players to look out for. Don't count on Manti Te'o, who seems to project mostly as a two-down linebacker.
How much would it cost?

The Buccaneers would have to trade up from the 43rd pick of the draft to, say, the 30th pick in the draft. That's a move of 13 picks. Can we find any comparables in last year's draft? Sadly, we can't. But we can make an educated guess!

In 2011, the New Orleans Saints traded a future first-round pick and their second-round pick (#56) to jump way up to #28. That's a move of 28 picks, and the Buccaneers are never giving up a future first-round pick just to trade up, so that's out. At the same time, we can't look to the Bucs' move up last year. They moved up five picks at the end of the first round giving up just 25 slots in the fourth round. Just a few picks before that the Broncos moved back six slots for a fourth-round pick. Meanwhile, the Bucs didn't actually lose a draft pick, and I can't see that trade happening again.

The best comparable may be when the Minnesota Vikings moved up from the 35th pick to the 29th pick late last year. That cost the Vikings their fourth-round selection. Here's a fun coincidence: the Buccaneers have two fourth-round picks this year, so they certainly have the ammunition to pull off that move. They could throw in Legarrette Blount if the team they're trading with is interested, too. A fourth-rounder alone may not be enough, but it wouldn't cost much more than that.
Expect trades

The Buccaneers may trade back into the first round, or they may simply stay put. But you will see a lot of trades for the Bucs this season, as we did last year. Mark Dominik targets players and likes to move around to ensure he gets the players he wants. Whether he moves back to collect more picks or moves up for a player, the Bucs will be active on draft day. Count on that.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/4/23/...nd-margus-hunt
Old 04-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #212
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Tyler Eifert - TE - Player

The New York Daily News reports the Jets are interested in Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert but not at No. 13 overall.
The Bills at No. 8, the Dolphins at No. 12, or the Jets at No. 13 is the highest Eifert would likely go, but those three teams would rather trade back and then grab Eifert if possible. The Jets badly need an upgrade on Jeff Cumberland.

This draft is just so damn hard to mock for!
excellent, i made the bold statement that he would go top 16 so i need that to happen.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #213
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Eric Reid - DB - Player

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Bob McGinn, LSU SS Eric Reid has been red flagged by NFL teams for "bad shoulders."
This isn't the first time we've caught wind of this rumor, but it is the first time it's coming from a reliable source. McGinn is a Hall of Fame journalist. McGinn still sends Reid to the Bengals in his final mock draft, suggesting not all is lost for the athletic LSU alum. Cincinnati certainly needs safety help.

Sucks for him.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #214
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Tavon Austin - WR - Player

ESPN's Chris Mortensen indicated on Twitter late Wednesday that Tavon Austin is in play for the Bills' pick at No. 8.
The Bills have publicly stated they want Stevie Johnson in the slot this year, so we wonder if they're merely posturing. They also already have an explosive movable offensive piece in C.J. Spiller. The Bills need a quarterback and want Syracuse's Ryan Nassib. They just don't want to take him at No. 8. Perhaps by spreading word they're contemplating the coveted Austin, Buffalo is trying to get the Jets, Rams, or another team to trade into their spot.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #215
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Quote:

Hearing some chatter from multiple NFL sources that the Raiders may be trying to trade down from 3 overall... w/ Browns as possible partner

If Cleveland trades up to get the Raiders' pick at 3, I believe Browns are targeting Ansah
I honestly believe that each of the top 3 teams will be actively seeking to trade down. I also believe that they'll be picking exactly where they are!
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:55 AM   #216
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
from another board

Darren Connolly IV ‏@DConnollyNFL 2m
Source in #Falcons organization says "if our guy is there, we will pull the trigger, the package is agreed upon" #Raiders #NFLDraft"

"Darren Connolly IV ‏@DConnollyNFL 3h
Hearing potential trade would include "multiple 2013/2014 draft picks as well as players" being involved #NFLDraft #Raiders #Falcons"

Source here in #Atlanta : #Falcons and #Raiders in "very serious discussions" involving a trade including Raiders 1st round pick #NFLDraft"
It's got to be for one of the offensive tackles. CB is really deep this year, and Milliner is not so much better than the other players available at the position that he'd be worth the kind of loot it would take for Atlanta to go from #30 to #3. He's not a Patrick Peterson type. The top pass rushers are all projections who weren't terribly productive in college (Jordan, Mingo, Ansah). Could be for Floyd, but similar to Milliner, DT is a deep position and I wouldn't put Floyd head and shoulders above the other guys who could be there at #30. I think they want Fisher, Joekel, or Johnson. Big drop off after those three at LT. If they make the move for Milliner or one of the pass rushers, I think it's a terrible move.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 04-25-2013 at 05:59 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #217
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Quote:
from another board

Darren Connolly IV ‏@DConnollyNFL 2m
Source in #Falcons organization says "if our guy is there, we will pull the trigger, the package is agreed upon" #Raiders #NFLDraft"

Hearing potential trade would include "multiple 2013/2014 draft picks as well as players" being involved #NFLDraft #Raiders #Falcons"

Source here in #Atlanta : #Falcons and #Raiders in "very serious discussions" involving a trade including Raiders 1st round pick #NFLDraft"
There is no way this happens imo. I would be SHOCKED, SHOCKED!! There isn't anyone there worth what they'd have to give up to move that far. The tackles are good, but LT wasn't the difference between the Falcons making or falling short of the Super Bowl!
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #218
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
There is no way this happens imo. I would be SHOCKED, SHOCKED!! There isn't anyone there worth what they'd have to give up to move that far. The tackles are good, but LT wasn't the difference between the Falcons making or falling short of the Super Bowl!
Word on talk radio here is Dion Jordan is the guy they want. That is if he gets past J'Ville. They feel they need to replace John Abraham with a guy they view as the most complete DE in this draft.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #219
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks

Latest draft buzz-- Browns love Mingo, Jets love Tavon Austin, MIA and SD are interested in moving up.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #220
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo

It increasingly sounds like SF wants a DL via trade up with Sheldon Richardson as the likely target.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #221
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks

Latest draft buzz-- Browns love Mingo, Jets love Tavon Austin, MIA and SD are interested in moving up.
Best name in the draft: Barkevious Mingo.

Sounds like a character out of Blazing Saddles.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #222
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-round-two/

Jags targeting Nassib or Barkley in round two
Old 04-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #223
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Sitting next to me, @MoveTheSticks says "I'd be surprised" if Eric Fisher isn't the #Chiefs pick at No. 1. I agree. So does @JayGlazer

As a fan of the Mid-American Conference, I'd love to see a MAC player get drafted with the #1 overall pick.

Either way, Eric Fisher will become the highest drafted played in MAC history....Byron Leftwich currently holds that distinction, as he was selected 7th overall by Jacksonville in the 2003 NFL Draft.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #224
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-round-two/

Jags targeting Nassib or Barkley in round two
I think there will be a run of teams trying to trade back into the first for Nassib, Barkley, and Manuel.

We are in prime position to drop a little ways back for these QB needy teams.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #225
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvitz81 View Post
I think there will be a run of teams trying to trade back into the first for Nassib, Barkley, and Manuel.

We are in prime position to drop a little ways back for these QB needy teams.
I'm actually hoping they do drop back. As long as they get the proper trade value. Don't think they did so last year when they traded back.....twice!
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: