The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #51
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
This is where NE drafts Pugh, moves him to guard and has a Pro Bowler for the next 10 years
IDK, Belly has been missing on these types of moves and drafts the last couple years. He is still trying to upgrade his D and now he needs to find some WR's and OL help.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #52
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I find statements like this rather silly because every single year gems and useful players are found all over the draft, and draft experts constantly miss on guys who turn out to be stars. It's not like the two hundred players picked before Terrell Davis were better than him, thus making that draft "deep." While this draft doesn't have that Luck/RG3 starpower in the top ten, I'd assume the bottom half of the first round and beyond will prove to be similar to any other draft.

All this is based on nothing, but just what I assume.
Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Alfred Morris was arguably the best rookie last year and he was taken in the 6th round. No one really knows how this draft will ultimately turn out, especially not the scouts.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #53
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
yawn, will not watch.

This is the type of draft that NE will get better for the next 5 years on.
I've been hearing this kind of stuff about New England for a long time, but the truth is they have been more less what the Colts were for years with Manning: a slightly above average team with an all-time great QB in a very bad division. Their drafts have not been all that impressive in the last five or so years, and I doubt this year will be any different.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #54
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
That was the year Shanny screwed up big time and messed up the Kyle Boller trade with Baltimore. NE swoped in completed the trade and the next year NE used the 1st round pick from Balt on Vince Wolfork

Foster may have been there in the 2nd
No. Shanny twice thought they had completed deals in place with Baltimore. The Ravens backed out both times.

Last edited by Hercules Rockefeller; 04-24-2013 at 04:47 PM..
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #55
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisig150 View Post
What exactly is a "true" first rounder?
Everybody has a different standard, and then it's a guessing game who meets that standard. I think a starting point for "true" first round grades is the average of 32nd best player overall in every draft. Then project which players in this draft are better. Weak drafts would have less than 32 players. Strong drafts would have more.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #56
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The weakness of this draft at the top could also work out for some guys at the bottom. A couple of months ago, my favorite sleeper was Earl Wolffe, SS from NC State. At the time, he was listed as a probable UDFA. Now I'm seeing him on some boards in the 4th and 5th rounds. One of my barometers for this draft is Chase Thomas, OLB from Stanford. He should be a solid fourth round pick. I'll be real curious to see if he jumps up into the third. The high effort guys who aren't picture perfect on the measurables might be moving up in this one.
Good call sir! Watch tape of David Amerson, and I guarantee the one thing you will walk away with is the question "who was that safety?", and that would be Mr.Earl Wolffe.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:27 AM   #57
COWheatGrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
IDK, Belly has been missing on these types of moves and drafts the last couple years. He is still trying to upgrade his D and now he needs to find some WR's and OL help.
It's the 49ers who are poised to do damage in this draft.