The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #1801
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I don't agree. Tebow chose NYJ because, ostensibly, it was the football people (Tannebaum, et al) who wanted him. In Jacksonville, the football people did not want him but were having him forced on them by Khan. I don't see how going to a situation where you know in advance the coaching staff does not want you would been a better situation.
You're right in that if the staff made it clear in Jville that he was their guy, he would've gone there. I think he knew what a zoo it was going to be though, having a staff who wasn't onboard in a town that would be screaming for Tim from the first huddle.

OTOH, he should've seen that the Jets had just finished handcuffing themselves to a turd QB with maybe the worst NFL contract of the century.

Neither situation was all that great. But in hindsight he should've erred on the side of the one that guaranteed him some field time.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #1802
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You're right in that if the staff made it clear in Jville that he was their guy, he would've gone there. I think he knew what a zoo it was going to be though, having a staff who wasn't onboard in a town that would be screaming for Tim from the first huddle.

OTOH, he should've seen that the Jets had just finished handcuffing themselves to a turd QB with maybe the worst NFL contract of the century.

Neither situation was all that great. But in hindsight he should've erred on the side of the one that guaranteed him some field time.
But that's what he did. NY supposedly had this grand plan in place to use Tebow in Wildcat packages. Jacksonville, to my knowledge, had no such plan in place. Of course, we see now that he was sold of bill of goods, but at the time it made perfect sense to go where the football people want you and are promising you playing time. I'm not sure he was anymore likely to start in Jacksonville than in NY given that the football folks did not want him on the team to begin with. I suppose the fans may have forced their hand eventually, but do you want to go to a team where your chances to start hinge entirely on public pressure rather than faith from the coaching staff? Ultimately, he didn't get that faith in NY either, but it's easy to see why he thought he would at the time.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #1803
Drunken.Broncoholic

I've never heard of a player like tebow getting guaranteed playing time. That's absolutey insane. Playing time is based on a players skills and the ability to play the game.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #1804
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I can quote you guys right here in this very thread who were calling that same O-Line garbage during KO's last few games. If they improved, Tim's run threat deserves at least some of the credit.

But my point here isn't really to rehash every argument we've had over the 2 years since. The fact of the matter remains that some of the most vocal Tebow bashers (even to this day) were some of the loudest KO excuse makers only a few games earlier in that 2011 season.

And they went from arguing that Kyle wasn't given the tools to succeed, straight to how Timmy was given every opportunity. If you went into year 3 thinking of KO as the best option coming out of the 2nd worst record in football, you've lost any credibility to ever criticize anyone on the topic of QB talent ever again.

Tebow may not have been THE answer. But he sure as hell was a better one.
That wasn't me. Regardless of why you keep posting this stuff, who cares about Orton? TT was a breath of fresh air compared to the stank of Orton, no one denys this.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 04-23-2013 at 02:04 PM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #1805
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
That wasn't me. Regardless of why you keep posting this stuff, who cares about Orton? TT was a breath of fresh air compared to the stank of Orton, no one denys this.

Teblow fans also said that Manning would get killed playing with our OL. Hell one of them lost a bet to me about who would play more games Manning or Teblow. Most of us said our OL and WRs sucked because of Orton and Teblow. It's not hard to figure out that neither Orton or Tebow are starting NFL QBs.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #1806
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I suppose the fans may have forced their hand eventually, but do you want to go to a team where your chances to start hinge entirely on public pressure rather than faith from the coaching staff? Ultimately, he didn't get that faith in NY either, but it's easy to see why he thought he would at the time.
I think you pretty much just repeated most of what I said about why Tim went to New York.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #1807
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So basically he chose NY,for the platform it would have given him.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #1808
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I've never heard of a player like tebow getting guaranteed playing time. That's absolutey insane. Playing time is based on a players skills and the ability to play the game.
It's just reality. There is a 0% chance the Jags start 1-9 last year and don't give Tim a starting shot at some point. It would have happened. There's no argument here.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #1809
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I think you pretty much just repeated most of what I said about why Tim went to New York.
My point is that given the info he had at the time, NY was the right call.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #1810
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
It's just reality. There is a 0% chance the Jags start 1-9 last year and don't give Tim a starting shot at some point. It would have happened. There's no argument here.
He was on a team where the starting QB sucked ass and ran into ass mind you. The "third" stringer then saw field time. Stranger things have happened. Just cause its 1-9 doesn't guarantee playing time. If he's throwing it in the dirt every practice he's not seeing the field.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #1811
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
My point is that given the info he had at the time, NY was the right call.
Except that the Jests owed Dirty $20+ million GUARANTEED going into last season. They literally couldn't afford to destroy his career with any kind of Tebow spark.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #1812
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBronco7 View Post
He did nothing but positive for the Broncos.

I still maintain he'd probably would still be a Bronco had his "fans" not been a bunch of clowns who created a circus atmosphere.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #1813
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I still maintain he'd probably would still be a Bronco had his "fans" not been a bunch of clowns who created a circus atmosphere.
That circus atmosphere was mostly due to the media. Mainly ESPin. Yeah there were some Tebow crazies out there, but Tebow is not here because he just can't play QB in the NFL plain and simple.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #1814
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Entrenched starters have a large preseason advantage. If you disagree, please tell me all the times prior-season's starters got replaced through one of these NFL Camp Champ Survivor matches you say is the way the NFL does business.

Meanwhile, we'll also have to assume the NFL Camp Champ Factor also meant...

Smith > Kaepernick
Bledsoe > Brady
Green > Warner
Majkowski > Favre
Flutie > Brees

Most young QB's get their chance by way of midseason circumstance. Camp Champ is a meaningless distinction.
Going into training camp last year, the consensus of opinion was that Flynn would be the Seattle Seahawks' starting QB. But Russell Wilson showed a spark in preseason and took the starting job from him. It does happen.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #1815
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
That circus atmosphere was mostly due to the media. Mainly ESPin. Yeah there were some Tebow crazies out there, but Tebow is not here because he just can't play QB in the NFL plain and simple.
So ESPN was behind the "Start Tebow" Billboard and sent all those Gator fans to TC?

Sure once he started winning ESPN went 30 minutes without a break covering the guy but once he disappeared so has his coverage over there. It is Fox sports that keeps posting stupid Tebow articles trying to keep his name alive in the media.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #1816
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Going into training camp last year, the consensus of opinion was that Flynn would be the Seattle Seahawks' starting QB. But Russell Wilson showed a spark in preseason and took the starting job from him. It does happen.
I thought about that example. But both guys were entirely new to the team and the coach last year (and basically to starting in the NFL)
Old 04-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #1817
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I thought about that example. But both guys were entirely new to the team and the coach last year (and basically to starting in the NFL)
Wilson was impressive right from his very first preseason game, though. Moreso than Flynn was. It wasn't surprising at all that he won the starting job.

Point is, though... he scaled the depth chart based on training camp and preseason games. Had he sucked in practice, Flynn would have remained penciled in as the starter.

Expectations were not high (at all) for Russell Wilson... but his performance far exceeded expectations. Tebow, on the other hand, was deemed (by coaches) to be in need of far more work than they'd anticipated. Wilson's readiness for the NFL was a pleasant surprise for his coaches; Tebow's... not so much (going into his 4th season, he's still nowhere near ready to be a starter).
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #1818
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Jets now have 6 QB's on the roster.

They sure do like a circus.

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #1819
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Can the jets make a trade to the Argonauts? Maybe a water boy for Timmy?
Old 04-29-2013, 05:03 AM   #1820
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Jets release tebow.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:07 AM   #1821
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Wow, who saw that coming.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #1822
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

tebow sucks again
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #1823
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I think the Tebow fans should use what ever is left in the kitty from the "Start Tebow" billboard to get him one saying something along the lines of "thanks for your 3 year career" or "Best of luck in Canada"

That billboard incident really got stuck in my craw.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #1824
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

watching Kyle Orton play QB really stuck in my craw.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #1825
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
watching Kyle Orton play QB really stuck in my craw.
True,