The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #176
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I love Pugh and wanted him in the OM mock draft. Don't have him that high, but teams need OL help.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #177
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

E.J. Manuel could go within the top 20 picks of the 2013 NFL Draft, according to Geoff Mosher of CSN Philly. The former Florida State quarterback has been receiving a significant amount of hype over the last few weeks before the start of the draft on Thursday, with some suggesting that he could be the second quarterback taken.

More: Mocking the Draft

Of course, the phrase "a lot of buzz" is hardly scientific. Even more problematic for Manuel, there isn't a team outside of the top 10 that is clearly in desperate need of a new quarterback. If a team selects Manuel in the first round, it may be because they traded up to get him. It would take a lot for a team to move from the second round into the top 20, however.

There is a lot to like about Manuel's game. From a physical standpoint, he is arguably the best quarterback in his class. Manuel has prototypical size at 6'5, 238 pounds, but he also has 4.65 speed in the 40-yard dash, not to mention a strong arm. He may have a long way to go in terms of his accuracy, but the upside is enormous.

The Cleveland Browns went as far as to compare Manuel to former No. 1 overall pick Cam Newton. Manuel has also worked out privately with the Philadelphia Eagles in April. Both teams could look to solidify their future at quarterback in this year's draft, and are in good position to potentially trade up from early second-round picks.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #178
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

The Browns don't have a second round pick in the draft, as they took WR Josh Gordon in the 2nd round of the supplemental draft last year.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #179
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Browns try and trade down and take E.J. Manuel....I know Rob Chudzinski is impressed with Manuel and I don't think the new regime is all that enamored with Brandon Weeden.....who will already turn 30 years old early in the season.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #180
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Josh Gordon looks like he'll wind up being a solid player for the Browns though.

He's a very physical WR at 6'3 and 225 pounds and had 50 receptions for 805 yards and 5 TDs last season, despite not playing college football at Baylor in 2011 due to suspension.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 04-24-2013 at 01:32 PM..
Old 04-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #181
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...ads-rangs-gang

Rob Rang's Underrated Prospect List
Old 04-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #182
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I agree with Rang about Matt Barkley, Stepfan Taylor, Barrett Jones, Sio Moore, and Micah Hyde being underrated.

I know a lot of people will disagree, but I think Matt Barkley is being undervalued by many in this draft.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #183
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

I can't believe Manuel is getting so much hype. He's got physical talent, sure, but he simply wasn't that good in college. A team is making a hell of a projection pick if they select him in the 2nd round, let alone the 1st.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #184
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
I agree with Rang about Matt Barkley, Stepfan Taylor, Barrett Jones, Sio Moore, and Micah Hyde being underrated.

I know a lot of people will disagree, but I think Matt Barkley is being undervalued by many in this draft.
Agree. I think Barkley's going to be pretty good.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #185
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I agree. Barkley has had a similar trajectory as Marino. He certainly doesn't have Marino's arm talent, but he's a guy who probably has been over-scouted after a disappointing senior season. Marino threw 37 TDs as a junior, and Pitt was expected to be a national title contender his senior year. But he had a big drop off to 17 TDs and 23 INTs and Pitt had a disappointing season. Similarly, Barkley went from a probable top 5 guy after a big junior season to possibly falling out of the 1st round altogether following a year in which USC was a joke by the end of the season. Most of that unraveling was beyond Barkley's control, IMHO, but he is being punished by scouts nonetheless. I think he will be the best QB in the class at the end of the day, and guys like Nassib and Manuel will be the 2013 versions of Ken O'Brien and Tony Eason.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 04-24-2013 at 02:09 PM..
Old 04-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #186
phisig150
Atwater Hit Squad

Mark Sanchez and Matt Leinart would agree.
phisig150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #187
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisig150 View Post
Mark Sanchez and Matt Leinart would agree.
To say player X will be a failure because players Y and Z went to the same school and failed is redicules.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #188
phisig150
Atwater Hit Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Oh my, I would freaking love this draft.
If it goes down like that, that would my single greatest day (well days because greedy Goodell chopped up the draft) in my life outside of when my daughter was born
Old 04-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #189
phisig150
Atwater Hit Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
To say player X will be a failure because players Y and Z went to the same school and failed is redicules.
I wouldn't touch Barkley with a ten foot pole. I think he's actually the worst out of the three.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #190
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

E.J. Manuel - QB - Player

Florida State QB E.J. Manuel believes the Eagles want him "pretty bad."
Manuel's boast comes on the heels of a report that he come could off the board in the first 20 picks on Thursday. He'd be viewed as a massive reach at No. 4, but the Eagles are known to be interested in trading back. Per CSN Philly's Geoff Mosher, "no quarterback’s stock has soared more" this week than Manuel's. Buckle up.

Someone is going to get a bunch of value from the Eagles. I sure hope its us!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #191
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

from another board

Darren Connolly IV ‏@DConnollyNFL 2m
Source in #Falcons organization says "if our guy is there, we will pull the trigger, the package is agreed upon" #Raiders #NFLDraft"

"Darren Connolly IV ‏@DConnollyNFL 3h
Hearing potential trade would include "multiple 2013/2014 draft picks as well as players" being involved #NFLDraft #Raiders #Falcons"

Source here in #Atlanta : #Falcons and #Raiders in "very serious discussions" involving a trade including Raiders 1st round pick #NFLDraft"
Old 04-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #192
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
from another board

Darren Connolly IV ‏@DConnollyNFL 2m
Source in #Falcons organization says "if our guy is there, we will pull the trigger, the package is agreed upon" #Raiders #NFLDraft"

Hearing potential trade would include "multiple 2013/2014 draft picks as well as players" being involved #NFLDraft #Raiders #Falcons"

Source here in #Atlanta : #Falcons and #Raiders in "very serious discussions" involving a trade including Raiders 1st round pick #NFLDraft"

LT? Whichever is left over?
Eifort- thats a bit high I think
Dee Millner? They could use a CB
I dont even know what DE would be in discussions there.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #193
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
LT? Whichever is left over?
Eifort- thats a bit high I think
Dee Millner? They could use a CB
I dont even know what DE would be in discussions there.
Falcons fans still think it's for Millner, though Jordan fits a need too. More on the trade...

Darren Connolly IV ‏@DConnollyNFL 20 Apr

But I can confirm that the #Raiders have "by far the strongest interest" in RB Eddie Lacy #NFLDraft

They probably think they can land him with the Falcons pick.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #194
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:

I think he'll be the best QB out of this draft. And I won't be surprised if Robert Woods is the best WR.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #195
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I've seen Sheldon Richardson mentioned with the Falcons as well. 3 seems pretty high for him though.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #196
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Falcons will take Dion Jordan if he is there when the Raiders pick. no doubt about it
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #197
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...p-albert-deal/

John Dorsey: Trade compensation holding up Albert deal
Old 04-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #198
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Falcons will take Dion Jordan if he is there when the Raiders pick. no doubt about it
Citing a "source (he) trust(s)," CBS Sports' Clark Judge reports the Falcons are trying to trade up for a cornerback. Judge reports it would be Dee Milliner or Xavier Rhodes. Perhaps the Falcons' most needy position is right cornerback, opposite LCB Asante Samuel. And it's been clear for over a week now that GM Thomas Dimitroff isn't satisfied with the 30th overall pick. We tend to believe Milliner would be Dimitroff's preferred target. Dimitroff is tight with Milliner's college coach, Nick Saban
Old 04-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #199
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Citing a "source (he) trust(s)," CBS Sports' Clark Judge reports the Falcons are trying to trade up for a cornerback. Judge reports it would be Dee Milliner or Xavier Rhodes. Perhaps the Falcons' most needy position is right cornerback, opposite LCB Asante Samuel. And it's been clear for over a week now that GM Thomas Dimitroff isn't satisfied with the 30th overall pick. We tend to believe Milliner would be Dimitroff's preferred target. Dimitroff is tight with Milliner's college coach, Nick Saban
And, Milliner is more a top Zone CB, than a pure man cover guy. Milliner would be a better value in their scheme, than a lot of other CB needy teams. However, he is not the type of CB you move into the top 5 in a draft IMHO. In fact, he is not my top CB at all.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #200
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
And, Milliner is more a top Zone CB, than a pure man cover guy. Milliner would be a better value in their scheme, than a lot of other CB needy teams. However, he is not the type of CB you move into the top 5 in a draft IMHO. In fact, he is not my top CB at all.
I can't say I'm a big fan of Milliner either. He didn't impress me during the drills at the combine. I'm a much bigger fan of Trufant after watching him in the senior bowl week. Milliner and Rhodes are probably better then Trufant overall, though I think they are more suited for certain schemes to take advantage of that. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know enough about Hayden to make a case for him being the best in the draft.

What odds do you give in 5 CBs being drafted in the first with Taylor being the 5th?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: