The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #4551
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I love Dansby, but Darryl's better. Easily one of the best ILB in the league, imo.
I think they are both incredibly talented. Darryl is a younger more athletic version. I would sign Dansby and fill that hole with a leader who wants a ring.. If not Baltimore may sign him..
Old 04-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #4552
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I think they are both incredibly talented. Darryl is a younger more athletic version. I would sign Dansby and fill that hole with a leader who wants a ring.. If not Baltimore may sign him..
Yup. Guys like Abraham, Freeney, Urlacher, etc, can all set their asking price and legitimately leverage with "It's not worth putting my body through a football season for less". But in his early 30s, Dansby's playing this year.

My guess is after the draft someone throws money at him.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #4553
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
You've got me.. That $1.2 for Bradley would have all went to Dansby and then some..there's cap room for him. He's not going to get more than $5 a season on the open market..
i wonder if they're eying someone in the draft on the cheap and holding money for Freeney when he finally gives in and says yes.
i know part of the money goes to the draft but you can back load a deal to land Dansby and fill the hole and not have to take a MLB except as a pure value selection.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #4554
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Dansby seems like a perfect fit for the win now Broncos. He would solve a big missing piece.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #4555
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i wonder if they're eying someone in the draft on the cheap and holding money for Freeney when he finally gives in and says yes.
i know part of the money goes to the draft but you can back load a deal to land Dansby and fill the hole and not have to take a MLB except as a pure value selection.
It's possible, or they truly like what we have with Irving, Johnson, Bradley...
Old 04-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #4556
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
It's possible, or they truly like what we have with Irving, Johnson, Bradley...
here's what i think about that. that idea is this appealing.

Last edited by Lestat; 04-20-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Old 04-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #4557
Bmore Manning

Quote:
here's what i think about that. that idea is this appealing.
!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #4558
delany
Uber Bronco

This story is great for a couple of reasons....

1) Although drafted as a Chief...he wanted nothing to do with that pathetic franchise and retired as a Saint.

2) Loved the comment by someone that commented that Scott was able to get his contract signed and faxed in from Machu Picchu....while Doom couldn't manage it from Kinkos in Miami.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...ntains-retires

Scott Fujita retires as a Saint

Linebacker Scott Fujita signed a one-day contract with the New Orleans Saints on Monday and then announced his retirement after 11 seasons in the NFL.

Fujita signed his contract in Machu Picchu, which is located in the Andes Mountains in Peru. He's there with former Saints teammate Steve Gleason, who is battling Lou Gehrig's Disease.

In a statement from the team, Fujita said he couldn't think of a better place to be to announce his retirement.

"What better place to reach the end of the road than here at 10,000 feet above sea level, in the Peruvian Andes overlooking Machu Picchu with my dear friend Steve Gleason?"

Fujita was one of four players suspended by the NFL in its investigation of the Saints' bounty program but fought to clear his name of the three-game ban. Commissioner Roger Goodell later reduced Fujita's suspension to one game before the suspensions of all players implicated were later vacated by former commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

The 33-year-old Fujita, who played for the Cleveland Browns the past three seasons, helped the Saints win a Super Bowl during his time with the team (2006-09).

Fujita was credited with four tackles in the Saints' 31-17 victory over the Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLIV. He also played for the Kansas City Chiefs and Dallas Cowboys.

He has 767 tackles, 23.5 sacks, 11 forced fumbles and seven interceptions in 143 career games.

"I've been fortunate to play in this league for a long time and for some great organizations, but there is no doubt that my times spent in New Orleans were some of the best years of my life," Fujita said in the statement.

"The way the team and the community embraced us when we first arrived, and the way they continue to do so, even today, shows how deep this connection is. I'm honored to be a part of this organization and so proud to retire as a New Orleans Saint."

General manager Mickey Loomis and coach Sean Payton pointed out in the team's statement that Fujita was the first player the team signed in free agency after Payton became the team's coach in 2006.

"It was an important acquisition for us, getting a player of his caliber to come to New Orleans despite the conditions [post-Hurricane Katrina] for a number of reasons because he saw an opportunity to become involved in the rebuilding of the city, yet quickly realized how important the team was to that effort," Loomis said.

Payton called Fujita "a cornerstone of the foundation that we've built and we won a World Championship together.

"It's been said that when you win a championship together, you walk together for the rest of your lives and that's certainly appropriate to celebrate on a day like today."
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #4559
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
I think Freeny is the target of those 2. I saw something in the post today that said they could bring Brooking back if they don't draft a LB but wasn't sure if it was just speculation or not.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #4560
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post

1) Although drafted as a Chief...he wanted nothing to do with that pathetic franchise and retired as a Saint.

2) Loved the comment by someone that commented that Scott was able to get his contract signed and faxed in from Machu Picchu....while Doom couldn't manage it from Kinkos in Miami.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...ntains-retires

Scott Fujita retires as a Saint

Linebacker Scott Fujita signed a one-day contract with the New Orleans Saints on Monday and then announced his retirement after 11 seasons in the NFL.

Fujita signed his contract in Machu Picchu, which is located in the Andes Mountains in Peru. He's there with former Saints teammate Steve Gleason, who is battling Lou Gehrig's Disease.

In a statement from the team, Fujita said he couldn't think of a better place to be to announce his retirement.

"What better place to reach the end of the road than here at 10,000 feet above sea level, in the Peruvian Andes overlooking Machu Picchu with my dear friend Steve Gleason?"

Fujita was one of four players suspended by the NFL in its investigation of the Saints' bounty program but fought to clear his name of the three-game ban. Commissioner Roger Goodell later reduced Fujita's suspension to one game before the suspensions of all players implicated were later vacated by former commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

The 33-year-old Fujita, who played for the Cleveland Browns the past three seasons, helped the Saints win a Super Bowl during his time with the team (2006-09).

Fujita was credited with four tackles in the Saints' 31-17 victory over the Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLIV. He also played for the Kansas City Chiefs and Dallas Cowboys.

He has 767 tackles, 23.5 sacks, 11 forced fumbles and seven interceptions in 143 career games.

"I've been fortunate to play in this league for a long time and for some great organizations, but there is no doubt that my times spent in New Orleans were some of the best years of my life," Fujita said in the statement.

"The way the team and the community embraced us when we first arrived, and the way they continue to do so, even today, shows how deep this connection is. I'm honored to be a part of this organization and so proud to retire as a New Orleans Saint."

General manager Mickey Loomis and coach Sean Payton pointed out in the team's statement that Fujita was the first player the team signed in free agency after Payton became the team's coach in 2006.

"It was an important acquisition for us, getting a player of his caliber to come to New Orleans despite the conditions [post-Hurricane Katrina] for a number of reasons because he saw an opportunity to become involved in the rebuilding of the city, yet quickly realized how important the team was to that effort," Loomis said.

Payton called Fujita "a cornerstone of the foundation that we've built and we won a World Championship together.

"It's been said that when you win a championship together, you walk together for the rest of your lives and that's certainly appropriate to celebrate on a day like today."

^That's the best part of this story.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #4561
Johnykbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post

Did he demand the trade to the Cowboys or did the Chiefs just undervalue him?
Old 04-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #4562
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I think Freeny is the target of those 2. I saw something in the post today that said they could bring Brooking back if they don't draft a LB but wasn't sure if it was just speculation or not.
hopefully it's speculation. we don't need to rely on that for a 2nd season in a row. we need to either draft a MLB or Irving needs to be the MLB we expected him to be when he was drafted.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #4563
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Britton Colquitt - P - Broncos

Broncos re-signed restricted free agent P Britton Colquitt to a one-year, $1.323 million contract.
One of the top punters in the league, Colquitt was third in net punting average at 42.1 yards last season.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #4564
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Well, unless they bring someone in, Colquit has the job locked up.....

Just saying........
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #4565
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Well, unless they bring someone in, Colquit has the job locked up.....

Just saying........
Well just year to year...
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #4566
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

How did I not hear about the Revis trade before today?

Everyone seems to be glossing over this, or did I miss something?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:35 AM   #4567
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

Broncos are still actively courting Freeney. Next 48 hours may accelerate that process.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #4568
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
How did I not hear about the Revis trade before today?

Everyone seems to be glossing over this, or did I miss something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

Broncos are still actively courting Freeney. Next 48 hours may accelerate that process.
at this point i hope we take a DE and tell him to bounce.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #4569
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...-to-the-browns

Dolphins trade WR Davone Bess to the Browns
Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #4570
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

That's a solid move by the Browns and the price was right.

Bess has 321 receptions in 5 seasons.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 04-27-2013 at 06:44 AM..
Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #4571
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Bills announced that the team has traded LB Kelvin Sheppard to the Indianapolis Colts for LB Jerry Hughes.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #4572
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I saw somehwere that Legarrette Blount has been traded to NE for Rb/KR Jeff Demps
underrated29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #4573
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
I saw somehwere that Legarrette Blount has been traded to NE for Rb/KR Jeff Demps
3rd team in one season?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #4574
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
3rd team in one season?
I thought he was ineligible
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #4575
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
This is how the trade went down:

Belichick: "Mark, listen up, we want to swing a trade for this guy Demps, he doesn't want to play football but he can run like a mother****er."

Mark Dominik: "Bill, long time no see, how is the family holding up? did you ever get that snafu with Faust sorted out?"

Belichick: "Doing just fine, been drinking the blood of the innocent just like the Dr ordered. That whole Faust business is taken care of now. Listen, Mark, Demps, the kids love him and he played in Florida recently so some of your fans may still remember his name, at least the ones who aren't outright senile."

Mark Dominik: "Hmmm, well we could use a fast guy for sure, but if he doesn't want to play football I can't really offer you much in return. How about this though, you get our slow fat guy who shows up late, and we get your skinny fast guy who doesn't show up at all?"

Belichick: "You got a deal broseph, I knew we could work something out."
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote