The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #101
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
QB rating after the game.. Cause Peyton sure had a higher rating prior to the Hail Mary and the overtime INT.
No, you're wrong.

Peyton Manning QB Rating (if hail mary incomplete/game over) = 102.1
Joe Flacco QB Rating (if hail mary incomplete/game over) = 107.7

Peyton Manning QB Rating (OT) = 27.5
Joe Flacco QB Rating (OT) = 74.7


QB Rating doesn't even take into account these stats:
Manning - 3 sacks, 2 fumbles (in regulation)
Flacco - 0 sacks, 0 fumbles (in regulation)

Last edited by pricejj; 04-23-2013 at 09:23 AM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #102
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,331

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Manning was sacked three times and finished regulation with 102 QB rating? Yeah clearly he's the problem...
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #103
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
BS, Carter ****ed that play up. that was on him for letting the WR go.
you don't ever do that in a coverage when the team is going to pass with less than a certain amount of time left. if anything you play off coverage and let them get 10-15 yards but not behind you.

you never allow a WR that much cushion in a end game scenario.
Now, you are showing you have no idea about that coverage. Carter was playing the sidelines and underneath in a zone. He released the player to the deep coverage 15 yards down the field and only continued chasing because no other receiver was in his zone. You do understand Zone coverage right?

He would have been responsible if he was playing MAN, but he and the whole team were in tampa 2 Zone.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #104
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Now, you are showing you have no idea about that coverage. Carter was playing the sidelines and underneath in a zone. He released the player to the deep coverage 15 yards down the field and only continued chasing because no other receiver was in his zone. You do understand Zone coverage right?

He would have been responsible if he was playing MAN, but he and the whole team were in tampa 2 Zone.
he was 7 yards away from the damn WR with no safety in sight. you don't give a free release with no chip, jam, re-route or anything.
even in zone the gap isn't supposed to be that damn big. it was wide open and the only DB who ended up near him was Moore.
even with over the top coverage from the FS the CB isn't supposed to let him get that far away because asking a S to cover a WR is almost always a loss for the S.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #105
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
he was 7 yards away from the damn WR with no safety in sight. you don't give a free release with no chip, jam, re-route or anything.
even in zone the gap isn't supposed to be that damn big. it was wide open and the only DB who ended up near him was Moore.
even with over the top coverage from the FS the CB isn't supposed to let him get that far away because asking a S to cover a WR is almost always a loss for the S.
It is a zone. He did not have a man, by definition. Once the player releases the zone, he switches to the deep man. Just like on the other side of the play where Bruton has Boldin ALL BY HIMSELF in deep coverage. No one on that play pressed, everyone played off at the snap.

Carter did not do anything wrong at all on this play. Period.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #106
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,364

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
2(A)
2(B)
3(A)
3(B)
4(A)
4(B)
5
7

That is what I want bare minimum.
Man, I bet they'd love to have more picks. But I bet there will be a good player at 28 that fits Elway's criteria of "impact starter, etc". Obviously, it's gonna be a fluid situation .

These mocks they will be doing hopefully preps them for that fluid situation and everything works out beautifully where they can trade down and still get an impact guy. Maybe one of the safeties that can cure the ills they had covering TE's. Itsalloverfatman mentioned something about Pitta's 24 yd catch on 3rd and 13 from the 3 yd line in OT. Friggin Pitta, he was one of the guys Balt drafted from the Tebow trade.

There sure seems to be mounting evidence that a DB is the way they're going to go with the top pick, wherever that pick may be.
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Denver Broncos