The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #76
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
Rahim needs to go. End of story. Yah, everybody screws up but he did the equivalent of ****ting on the conference room table during the Monday staff meeting. That's not a mistake, that is a career killing **** up.
People don't get fired for staff meetings. You never hear someone say man they really messed up that staff meeting. You never hear someone getting promoted because they are killers in the staff meeting. There is zero pressure in a staff meeting.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #77
g6matty

its sickening hearing grown men cry over rahim moores mistake. move the **** on. hes not going anywhere
Old 04-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #78
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
People don't get fired for staff meetings. You never hear someone say man they really messed up that staff meeting. You never hear someone getting promoted because they are killers in the staff meeting. There is zero pressure in a staff meeting.
If somebody dropped a steamer on the conference room table during a staff meeting they would. Literally dropping trou and pinching a biscuit right next to the speaker phone in the middle of the table, grabbing the boss's tie to wipe and walking out to smoke crack in the lobby. That's the business world equivalent to The Dream's **** up.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #79
Bmore Manning

Who cares if he's in the weight room, and judging tennis balls in the air. Maybe he joined a retirement softball league in Florida, to help him track a ball.. But he's not in the film room and he's not mentally grasping what he needs to do. So he improved his form tackling, he still can't make an impact as Free Safties are suppose to. Unless everything starts to click mentally, working out and catching pop flys aren't gonna improve his game to where it needs to be..
Old 04-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #80
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Why do people operate under the assumption that since this article did not talk about him being in the film room, that he hasn't been working in that regard? Brutal.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #81
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I like Moore's game and he made a lot of strides last year.

Lets be honest game was on the line in OT how many of us were truly surprised Manning threw an interception that ended the game?
Ouch. Yeah, Peyton would be getting ridiculed as a gagging maggot if he was on another team.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #82
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Why do people operate under the assumption that since this article did not talk about him being in the film room, that he hasn't been working in that regard? Brutal.
This, 1000 times this.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #83
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Waht would have impressed me, is not going to work out physically. It would have been getting the game film and watching all the crap he missed all game long. There was a lot more than that one play, and I'll detail it later if need be.

The kids problems are not physical, never have been. It's upstairs and he has a horrible mentality to play safety. He screws up mentally, and never corrects it. If he can do that, he might be able to play this game eventually. Right now, he is the epitomy of a replaceable safety on the field. He has no playmaking ability whatsoever.
Sure seems that way. His best playmaking so far is to stand 30 yds behind the LOS between the hashes and wait for the QB to overthrow the ball. He is a sure ankle tackler, though, gets those ankles every time.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #84
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Ouch. Yeah, Peyton would be getting ridiculed as a gagging maggot if he was on another team.
Actually I was pretty happy with manning Dominating with a 4th quarter drive started at his own 12 yard line. A thing of beauty. 88 ****ing yards on 10 plays. He took the lead with that drive. Mike Adams swatted a flacco 4th down pass to end it. After that **** up by Moore, and the actions of a scared HC I knew it would end in a loss in OT.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #85
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
because it fits their twisted justification of distorted reality.
in short, because they dislike him or his play they use anything they can infer to further discredit him.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #86
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
You talk as if he would be taken to replace Moore, I suspect he would be to play alongside Moore if they did.

Moore still has the faith of the team in his abilities. They aren't looking to replace him, but they need another safety regardless.
They do seem to have faith in Rahim. Him being one of their top picks to start off their regime I can see that. But 2 INT's, 9 PD's, zero FF's in 2 seasons? He did have a good tackle total last year, so that's something to build on. It's kinda looking like he's another 2nd round Bronco safety that plays out his rookie contract, moves on to another team then disappears off the NFL radar.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #87
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Actually I was pretty happy with manning Dominating with a 4th quarter drive started at his own 12 yard line. A thing of beauty. 88 ****ing yards on 10 plays. He took the lead with that drive. Mike Adams swatted a flacco 4th down pass to end it. After that **** up by Moore, and the actions of a scared HC I knew it would end in a loss in OT.
I still wonder what Fox saw - remember he said "I saw the look in their eyes" he said, like he saw they felt defeated. It's his job as the HC to rally the troops, it's zero degrees F you rally them and tell them let's win it right now, not play for OT. Dan Reeves would have been going ballistic on the sideline rallying the troops, many other HC's also in a playoff game at home.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #88
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

I guess nobody has ever had a deep, driving fly ball get carried over their head, on the foul line in the wind before. Happens to MLB'ers all the time.

Manning's QB rating: 88.3
Flacco's QB rating: 116.2

Last edited by pricejj; 04-22-2013 at 09:57 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #89
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I still wonder what Fox saw - remember he said "I saw the look in their eyes" he said, like he saw they felt defeated. It's his job as the HC to rally the troops, it's zero degrees F you rally them and tell them let's win it right now, not play for OT. Dan Reeves would have been going ballistic on the sideline rallying the troops, many other HC's also in a playoff game at home.
Ya I wonder too. I don't really buy the deer in headlight excuse. Shell shock? In one way it could be dissected is him thinking they would turn the ball over in their own territory in that 30 seconds. But if that's the case it's not a good look when the HC doesn't trust his own offense.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #90
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
If somebody dropped a steamer on the conference room table during a staff meeting they would. Literally dropping trou and pinching a biscuit right next to the speaker phone in the middle of the table, grabbing the boss's tie to wipe and walking out to smoke crack in the lobby. That's the business world equivalent to The Dream's **** up.
Wouldn't it be more like missing an important call with a client? Or spacing a presentation?

Bunch of ****in' drama queens.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #91
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Does it show in his game? Has he fixed his mistakes in pass coverage and showed one ounce of having the ability to jump a route or play chess with a QB? He plays read and react. He brings nothing special to FS as of this moment in time. I am 100% with MED on this.. He has not fixed the flaws in his game, which happen to be mental makeup, or lack thereof.

What because dude worked on form tackling, he's an impact FS and has play making ability. Pretty silly of you and Lestat to call us out, when you are both knowledgable posters and you Req have good insight.. Yet you think he's really correcting himself and doing intense film study? He sure hasn't yet.. Maybe he will prove some of us wrong..
Old 04-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #92
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I guess nobody has ever had a deep, driving fly ball get carried over their head, on the foul line in the wind before. Happens to MLB'ers all the time.

Manning's QB rating: 88.3
Flacco's QB rating: 116.2
QB rating after the game.. Cause Peyton sure had a higher rating prior to the Hail Mary and the overtime INT.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #93
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Does it show in his game? Has he fixed his mistakes in pass coverage and showed one ounce of having the ability to jump a route or play chess with a QB? He plays read and react. He brings nothing special to FS as of this moment in time. I am 100% with MED on this.. He has not fixed the flaws in his game, which happen to be mental makeup, or lack thereof.

What because dude worked on form tackling, he's an impact FS and has play making ability. Pretty silly of you and Lestat to call us out, when you are both knowledgable posters and you Req have good insight.. Yet you think he's really correcting himself and doing intense film study? He sure hasn't yet.. Maybe he will prove some of us wrong..
Yeah, I call out retarded posts.

This is the off-season. Of course it didn't show on what he did last season. My point was just because this article failed to state whether or not he has been doing intensive study in the film room since the Ravens game doesn't mean he hasn't been doing so. I am pretty confident that at the end of the season Fox, Elway and Co. sit down with each of their players and do an exit interview. (Felt that this was said by Elway when he became VP of Football Operations.) I hope that these guys would address the way he approaches the game and convey (since they are there all the time seeing him) the issues this forum has brought up to him in person. I would rather assume that Moore would be willing to address his mental aspect of the game which is inhibiting him from becoming the playmaker he should be than the opposite.

I am of the same opinion that the mental aspect of Moore's game (which is lacking) is what is holding him back from being a complete player. That was his evaluation by most people coming out of UCLA two years ago and it hasn't changed. I expect more out of him, but I am not going to go to the ridiculous lengths to **** on a player just because an article didn't set forth what people expect or want to hear.

As I have said last year and this year, we should be drafting talent in the DB to bring in competition. This goes for CORNER and SAFETY. Moore can be replaced if he doesn't improve drastically this year. A safety in his third year should be having an impact, especially with where he was drafted. Whether or not he makes the appropriate adjustments to improve his game mentality remains to be seen. Hence me advocating for an early selection on a player who can contribute right away. I feel that this is a quality draft to find players who can do that.

I am approaching this rationally. People advocating that he should be booted from the team right now are just being ridiculous. That isn't rational. Getting rid of Moore is not "addition by subtraction." I can't blame people for letting the bad taste from the Divisional Game linger, but there are smart people in this thread who know a lot about football who are just going bananas for no reason.

I have no doubt that DB will be made a priority in this draft. With all the guys we met with at the Senior Bowl, EWS, Combine and the fact that John Lynch was brought in by the Broncos Brass to help evaluate prospects at Indianapolis signifies to me that it is something they are sincerely interested in improving. Lets hope they can find a quality or player two through the draft to make this team better.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #94
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Broncos win that Raven game if the secondary could defend the deep ball at all. Which is why the secondary I believe will get more reinforcements in this draft, especially with such deep class of CB.s and a need for more safety help anyway.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #95
Bmore Manning

So your agreeing with me but saying that I am going to the extreme over the article because it fails to mention the film study.. And I'm not calling for his head, but I would like competition brought in for sure, to either push or supplant his starting spot.

But my issue as you have pointed out is the kid just doesn't have IT mentally.. He didn't in college and he hasn't yet in the pros. So what is going to change that's going to make him take charge of his mental deficiencies? I would rather be pleasantly surprised, but call me old school, but I believe most are creatures of habit.

You may not agree with me, but MED and I spoke this way about him prior to the season, not just after the last game of the season.. I'm still not sure how that thought process is "retarded"??
Old 04-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #96
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
clearly you've thought about this. do you have something you'd like to confess? Did you take some ambien before you went to work or something, lol!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #97
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

It wasn't really you or Med. It was the people saying he needs to be kicked off the team and assumed just because the article didn't talk about him changing the way he mentally prepares for the game that it didn't happen. I am not going to hold my breath that he actually did, but I just am hopeful that in his third year he can finally put it together.

Bring in Phillip Thomas and D.J. Swearinger and call it good. Have a guy who can cover deep ground (Thomas) and Swearinger who has played ever position in the Gamecocks DB and literally destroys people. I want swagger on our defense.

Denver trades down twice. . . gets a couple more picks and then does what it takes ballers. Seriously. This draft is so deep we need to have two seconds, two thirds and two fourths. Omg. SploOGe
Old 04-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #98
Bmore Manning

Quote:
It wasn't really you or Med. It was the people saying he needs to be kicked off the team and assumed just because the article didn't talk about him changing the way he mentally prepares for the game that it didn't happen. I am not going to hold my breath that he actually did, but I just am hopeful that in his third year he can finally put it together.

Bring in Phillip Thomas and D.J. Swearinger and call it good. Have a guy who can cover deep ground (Thomas) and Swearinger who has played ever position in the Gamecocks DB and literally destroys people. I want swagger on our defense.

Denver trades down twice. . . gets a couple more picks and then does what it takes ballers. Seriously. This draft is so deep we need to have two seconds, two thirds and two fourths. Omg. SploOGe
Then once again we are good and on the exact same page. Because this draft has lots of second, third, and fourth round value.

Thomas and Swearinger and I would be ecstatic! Swagger is something neither of our safeties have!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #99
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Moore was vastly improved last year. Solid Tackling and overall provided good support over the top.

HE MADE ONE TERRIBLE PLAY and people are soooo short minded they are ready to grab the pitch forks and run the guy out of town.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #100
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

2(A)
2(B)
3(A)
3(B)
4(A)