The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #1751
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
College stats make me lol.

How's Geno Toretta's HoF induction coming along? Imminent, I suppose, due to all of his brilliant college stats.

His college stats elude to the fact that he's a much better passer than given credit for, that's all. He just needs an organization 100% behind him and he'll do fine, but that may never happen.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #1752
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBronco7 View Post
His college stats elude to the fact that he's a much better passer than given credit for, that's all. He just needs an organization 100% behind him and he'll do fine, but that may never happen.
He has had ample time and opportunity to demonstrate his QB skills and abilities to a team In both a practice and game setting. So far 2 have seen what he can do and taken a pass.

Why
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #1753
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I see your makin friends.

I wouldn't read too much into college stats when talking about NFL development. Colt McCoy has spectacular stats with a 70% completion rate. In the pros it's not even close to that for him. NFL defenses bring it compared to college. It's how you adapt that makes or breaks a player. So far tebow has not adapted and is going down the akhili smith road rather than the kaepernick road.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #1754
Jay3

Quote:
College stats make me lol.

How's Geno Toretta's HoF induction coming along? Imminent, I suppose, due to all of his brilliant college stats.
Toretta's college stats weren't all that great. His Heisman year was one of the most down years on record.

You're supposed to use the Toretta argument for "Heisman doesn't mean good pro." Statistically, he passed for a much lower completion than Tebow, much lower TD passes, and way lower yards per attempt. Statistically, Tebow was more dominant than Johnny Manziell, and followed it up with a national championship.

With Tebow, it's mechanics (including footwork). Coming out of college, they were not conducive to a pro passing attack. So the question has always been whether he can translate his game and improve his mechanics.

It's that simple -- the vast majority of prospects don't translate. They just quietly fall off the map. With Tebow, nothing is quiet.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #1755
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Toretta's college stats weren't all that great. His Heisman year was one of the most down years on record.

You're supposed to use the Toretta argument for "Heisman doesn't mean good pro." Statistically, he passed for a much lower completion than Tebow, much lower TD passes, and way lower yards per attempt. Statistically, Tebow was more dominant than Johnny Manziell, and followed it up with a national championship.

With Tebow, it's mechanics (including footwork). Coming out of college, they were not conducive to a pro passing attack. So the question has always been whether he can translate his game and improve his mechanics.

It's that simple -- the vast majority of prospects don't translate. They just quietly fall off the map. With Tebow, nothing is quiet.
DON'T CARRRRRRRRRE.

he sucks. Two teams have seen him, looked at what he can do, and passed. It's that simple, whether we're comparing Heisman players or just college players.

The lesson: college stats mean nothing in the pros.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #1756
Jay3

Quote:
he sucks. Two teams have seen him, looked at what he can do, and passed. It's that simple,
I don't think Denver "passed." They brought in a better QB, one who would have been better than about 5 other QB's in the NFL, give or take.

And the Jets said from day one that Tebow would not be under consideration to supplant Mark Sanchez. When it came down to it, they stuck to their guns.

It's this simple -- he either is, or is not, good enough to play in the NFL. Trying to push it out further than that, and say "_______ means nothing" or "here's a rule that we can apply universally," is fruitless. There's a constant parade of quarterbacks that march through the league, and a very small percentage display something that makes them an enduring player.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #1757
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
His college stats elude
are you saying he's shifty too?
Old 04-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #1758
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I don't think Denver "passed." They brought in a better QB, one who would have been better than about 5 other QB's in the NFL, give or take.
If manning wasn't acquired it wouldve been someone else. Elway would've still made the change.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #1759
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I see your makin friends.

I wouldn't read too much into college stats when talking about NFL development. Colt McCoy has spectacular stats with a 70% completion rate. In the pros it's not even close to that for him. NFL defenses bring it compared to college. It's how you adapt that makes or breaks a player. So far tebow has not adapted and is going down the akhili smith road rather than the kaepernick road.
Andre Ware
Colt Brennan
Timmy Chang
and David Klinger say Hello!
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #1760
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......most....the word most. Not exceptions.

'sup

'sup

'sup my like whole career

'sup from the Superbowl

'sup 3 straight years

'Sup from the other miracle man that just needed a chance
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #1761
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Andre Ware
Colt Brennan
Timmy Chang
and David Klinger say Hello!
Come now. You're comparing a bunch of system C-Leaguers to a two-time SEC champion (a conference that has still yet to ever lose a BCS Championship game) and two-time National champion.

Might as well be comparing NFL to Arena stats if you're willing to go that far.

Timmy's game may not translate to the NFL at the end of the day. But it's not over yet. And he still hasn't received a level shot.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #1762
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Come now. You're comparing a bunch of system C-Leaguers to a two-time SEC champion (a conference that has still yet to ever lose a BCS Championship game) and two-time National champion.

Might as well be comparing NFL to Arena stats if you're willing to go that far.

Timmy's game may not translate to the NFL at the end of the day. But it's not over yet. And he still hasn't received a level shot.
He has gotten a better shot than any other QB who couldn't win the starting job out of TC.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #1763
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post

'sup

'sup

'sup my like whole career

'sup from the Superbowl

'sup 3 straight years

'Sup from the other miracle man that just needed a chance

Damn boy, you spent a lot of time and effort to produce 5 or 6 exceptions, which still don't even come close to "MOST".
Old 04-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #1764
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
are you saying he's shifty too?

Ah geez man, don't be a weasel. Now you're just being a plain dumbazz.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #1765
IdahoBronco7

Quote:

And the Jets said from day one that Tebow would not be under consideration to supplant Mark Sanchez. When it came down to it, they stuck to their guns.

It's this simple -- he either is, or is not, good enough to play in the NFL. Trying to push it out further than that, and say "_______ means nothing" or "here's a rule that we can apply universally," is fruitless. There's a constant parade of quarterbacks that march through the league, and a very small percentage display something that makes them an enduring player.
So Peyton is like the 6th worst QB in the NFL. LMFAOROTF
Old 04-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #1766
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Another hopeless Teblow fan trying to change the flow of the oceans. I've got your tide hanging..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:29 AM   #1767
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Another hopeless Teblow fan trying to change the flow of the oceans. I've got your tide hanging..
I got your bacon hangin', bacon. The only thing you got hangin' is stopping that ocean of flow.........or we could just all get along.

And no I'm not a hopeless Timmy fan, but you all over analyzing and dissing on him is bull. He did nothing but positive for the Broncos.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #1768
Jay3

Quote:
So Peyton is like the 6th worst QB in the NFL. LMFAOROTF
Meant to say better than "all but" 5 other QB's.

Even that's debatable -- didn't have a specific 5 in mind, he might be higher. Just a fuzzy, age-adjusted math.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #1769
CEH
Ring of Famer

At least this thread and the same old tireless arguments defending Timmy Try Hard are isolated to one thread.

Boo who Tim needs a shot. Well guess what the NFL is moving to the pop gun offenses right?

No reason now not to shine under his natural offense right?

Can't say team haven't committed to this offense right ? Seattle, SF, Washing? right?
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #1770
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
And no I'm not a hopeless Timmy fan,
As evidenced by your jihad on anyone who might question whether or not he can perform at the NFL level as a quarterback.

Got it.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #1771
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

IdahoBronco7 has been banned from the Internet.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #1772
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
IdahoBronco7 has been banned from the Internet.
Who's internet ?
Old 04-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #1773
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
As evidenced by your jihad on anyone who might question whether or not he can perform at the NFL level as a quarterback.

Got it.
We questioned that for going on 3 seasons with Captain ****shispants. Timmy got 11 games to try to rescue another one of his failed seasons. And he went 7-4 and beat the defending AFC champs in the playoffs.

I don't mind a guy questioning whether Tim can make it or not. But this "He got his shot!" crap from people who otherwise had popcorn on standby to watch season 3 of the Neckbeard Chronicles is pretty redicules guy.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #1774
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

The problem is TT didn't get better, that is, he was not a better QB at the end of the season. I know what the TT defenders will say "it was that asshat McCoy's fault for hamstringing Captain America!" WRONG.

Just stop already.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #1775
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

I don't mind a guy questioning whether Tim can make it or not. But this "He got his shot!" crap from people who otherwise had popcorn on standby to watch season 3 of the Neckbeard Chronicles is pretty redicules guy.

Maybe if he beat out neckbeard in TC and practice he wouldve had a longer shot. Or beat out the 2 clowns passing in NY. So what your saying is give him a shot, and make sure no competition is around to win the position?