The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #101
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Yeah, no to Taylor at #28. God no.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #102
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Yeah, no to Taylor at #28. God no.
"God, no?" Seems a bit over-dramatic. The majority of scouting sites I've seen are very comfortable with his value as a late first round pick. You make him sound like a bust.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #103
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Just my personal opinion. Probably over dramatic. I have him #62 on by board overall. Not much difference to me in Banks, Alford, Taylor and Poyer. All great 2(A)-2(C) selections, but I would not be comfortable with any at #28. I would be all for Taylor in a trade down, though once Milliner, Rhodes and Trufant go a run will likely happen. I think Taylor is a great fit for us, but I think we can do better value wise.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #104
pricejj
jungle

I think Jamar Taylor is a #2CB. I wouldn't spend a 1st round pick on a #2CB.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #105
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Taylor at 28 would be terrible. I'm thinking he might even be there at the bottom of the 2nd.

I watched a ton of MWC football last year. Jamar has elite straight line speed, but I think his instincts are pretty mediocre. Not the best tackler in the world either. I like Dee (obviously), Rhodes, Trufant, and Banks better.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #106
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Taylor at 28 would be terrible. I'm thinking he might even be there at the bottom of the 2nd.

I watched a ton of MWC football last year. Jamar has elite straight line speed, but I think his instincts are pretty mediocre. Not the best tackler in the world either. I like Dee (obviously), Rhodes, Trufant, and Banks better.
Dee is more over rated then Taylor is, that is why people are saying Hayden is the best CB in the draft and not him. No way would I have Banks ahead of Taylor. Banks isn't fast enough IMO (4.61 is bad for a CB), and doesn't have the versatility as Taylor. Taylor is stronger then Banks and could cover the TE's better if he is moved to FS.

I still don't see how Taylor gets passed the Pats.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #107
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

D.J. Hayden - DB - Player

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter that the Jets' Rex Ryan was the lone NFL head coach in attendance at Houston CB D.J. Hayden's Monday Pro Day.
Hayden ran a 4.42 at his March Pro Day before suffering a hamstring injury during the workout, so he probably stood on that time. He did positional drills in front of NFL evaluators. Ryan's presence certainly suggests the Jets have interest in Hayden. He may be a candidate for one of their two first-rounders
Old 04-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #108
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Dee is more over rated then Taylor is, that is why people are saying Hayden is the best CB in the draft and not him. No way would I have Banks ahead of Taylor. Banks isn't fast enough IMO (4.61 is bad for a CB), and doesn't have the versatility as Taylor. Taylor is stronger then Banks and could cover the TE's better if he is moved to FS.

I still don't see how Taylor gets passed the Pats.
Taylor's fast timed speed doesn't translate to game speed. Mostly because he doesn't change direction particularly well and his instincts are poor. At times, Taylor struggled to tackle MWC scat backs, much less the Gronks of the world. I agree that he has a higher ceiling than a guy like Banks though. Neither guy is going to be a # 1 CB though.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #109
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-during-draft/

Bucs could trade LeGarrette Blount during draft
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #110
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
D.J. Hayden - DB - Player

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter that the Jets' Rex Ryan was the lone NFL head coach in attendance at Houston CB D.J. Hayden's Monday Pro Day.
Hayden ran a 4.42 at his March Pro Day before suffering a hamstring injury during the workout, so he probably stood on that time. He did positional drills in front of NFL evaluators. Ryan's presence certainly suggests the Jets have interest in Hayden. He may be a candidate for one of their two first-rounders
Sounds good, now that they lost Revis Island. I wonder if the Broncos sent Del Rio.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #111
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
"God, no?" Seems a bit over-dramatic. The majority of scouting sites I've seen are very comfortable with his value as a late first round pick. You make him sound like a bust.
It is not that big of a reach. He will not be there for Denver in the 2nd round. So if they like him a lot you just go ahead and draft him. I am not saying they should do this. Franklin will go late in the first to mid second.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #112
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i do not want Taylor as our first round pick. trade up in the 2nd for him? yeah that's fine if need be.
but using the #28 overall on him when we could take a DL or RB? hell no.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #113
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Tyrann Mathieu - DB - Player

LSU CB/PR Tyrann Mathieu passed his Combine drug test.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #114
uplink
Ring of Famer

The broncos don't have a good history when it comes to drafting CBs. I think the only two decent ones were D. Williams and Tory James (his value was reaped by other teams though).
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #115
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Justin Pugh - T - Player

The Bears put Syracuse OL Justin Pugh through a private workout over the weekend.
Their interest could be real, or it could be a smokescreen less than a week before the draft. A left tackle in college, Pugh is being projected by most teams as a guard or even center. Pugh is athletic and was a strong pass protector in the Big East. The Bears are going to pass a lot under new coach Marc Trestman.

D.J. Fluker - T - Player

NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports the Titans and Chargers are both considering Alabama RT D.J. Fluker at Nos. 10 and 11, respectively.
Our best guess is Tennessee ends up with North Carolina OG Jonathan Cooper at No. 10 and San Diego will take Fluker at 11, but it's not out of the question that they flip-flop. The Titans reportedly view Fluker as a "day-one starter" at right guard, and he would offer superior power-blocking ability to Cooper.

Lane Johnson - T - Player

NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline seconds a CBS Sports report that Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson is the Cardinals' "round one target."
The Arizona Republic reported Sunday that the Cardinals "feel better about their tackles than outsiders do" and "would pass" on Johnson if given the chance at No. 7. We don't think they'll get that chance anyway, but Pauline reports the club prefers Levi Brown at right tackle and Bobby Massie at right guard. Arizona's biggest roster need is on immobile Carson Palmer's blindside.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #116
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Scott Bischoff @Bischoff_Scott

Reliable source told me: Ansah is 100% to Jacksonville to play LEO. Seems to contradict what GM Caldwell does though looking at his history

Sources saying that DJ Fluker is going to get drafted by teams viewing him as a All-Pro guard who can also play tackle. Versatility = value!

Other tidbits from trusted sources: Jets like Jordan Mills early, Rex Ryan went to meet him personally. They like his physicality and style
Old 04-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #117
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

P. Schrager ✔ @PSchrags

More I talk to people, more I'm convinced Alec Ogletree is going Top 10 on Thursday.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #118
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
The broncos don't have a good history when it comes to drafting CBs. I think the only two decent ones were D. Williams and Tory James (his value was reaped by other teams though).
the Broncos most recently haven't had a good track record drafting anything except RB's and OL.
this regime is different and knows how to get good value out of the draft.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #119
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported today that some teams are concerned about Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner's injury history, which includes four surgeries.

In addition to surgery last month to repair a torn labrum, Milliner has a rod in his tibia near his ankle, had a knee scope and hernia surgery, Mortensen reported.

"There is some concern out there about Milliner and his medical history," Mortensen said. "And it's not misinformation, not trying to make a guy fall down (the draft) because all teams have this same information."
Old 04-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #120
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-during-draft/

Bucs could trade LeGarrette Blount during draft
He's better than any player we're likely to pick after the 3rd so I'd happily trade our 4th and call it a win
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #121
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
He's better than any player we're likely to pick after the 3rd so I'd happily trade our 4th and call it a win
I think if a team wanted LeGarrette Blount, Tampa Bay would take a 6th or 7th round pick for him.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #122
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
I think if a team wanted LeGarrette Blount, Tampa Bay would take a 6th or 7th round pick for him.
Oh I agree! I'm just saying that there is good value in trading for him. The draft is a crapshoot, especially after the 3rd. A player like him, with good upside and a reasonable contract, is definitely worth looking at. Anything less than a 4th would be a great price. Especially a 6 or 7!
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #123
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I didn't realize that Conner Vernon, WR, Duke got to work out with Peyton Manning at Duke:

There are many benefits to attending Duke, including the likelihood that your men's basketball team will consistently make deep NCAA Tournament runs. Conner Vernon, a Blue Devils wide receiver, experienced an unexpected benefit at Duke. When Peyton Manning journeyed to Durham to train with his old college coach, David Cutcliffe, Vernon was recruited to be one of Manning's targets as the veteran QB recovered from neck surgery. Time working with the four-time NFL MVP paid off for Vernon, who caught 85 passes, for 1,074 yards and eight TDs during his senior season at Duke. Vernon has drawn comparisons to Greg Camarillo. Vernon is a cousin of former NFL kicker Al Del Greco.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #124
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...misinformation

2013 NFL Draft: Ten things I believe amid all the misinformation - Daniel Jeremiah
Old 04-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #125
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

NFL | Rayon Simmons getting interest
Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:32:28 -0700

Winona State RB Rayon Simmons is getting interest from the Denver Broncos, Seattle Seahawks, Jacksonville Jaguars and Minnesota Vikings.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: