The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #51
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Brock Osweiler - QB - Broncos

Broncos 2012 second-round pick Brock Osweiler has reportedly showed a "power arm" in practices and VP of Football Operations John Elway likes Osweiler's "mental makeup and swagger."
Osweiler is "clearly" Denver's No. 2 QB and heir apparent to Peyton Manning, per the Denver Post. The Post anticipates the Broncos using a third-day draft pick on a developmental passer like Miami of Ohio's Zac Dysert in order to get three quarterbacks in the meeting room with Manning. Osweiler is an intriguing long-term prospect in Dynasty fantasy leagues. Peyton turned 37 in March
i like all of this proposed scenario.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #52
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i don't think Barkley is a franchise guy but damn man, even his arm is stronger than noodle arm Pennington's.

i do agree that Glennon will be the best QB to come out of this class.
Barkley's arm is better than Pennington after injuries. pre-injury Pennington is comparable to Barkley.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #53
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Mac View Post
Or maybe he would not even be a 2nd round pick this year. Look what happened to some of these QBs after one more season in college. Osweiler did not do much at ASU and, with few games as evaluation, he was drafted based on potential. If he were in this draft after an inconsistent senior season, there would be more film with negative aspects of his game and his stock could go down.
true. like Landry Jones, there was talk a couple seasons ago of him being a possible number 1 overall pick and now he is a day 3 pick.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #54
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
My feelings on this is that it will never happen, feeling Brock can back up anyone adequately. Nothing I've seen.....or felt so far has given me any hope of Brock being able to do a substantial job at QB. I'd be more than hoping we picked up another QB this year if I didn't get the same feeling none of them will be a franchise QB.
Considering your sample size is basically zero, I'm going to take your gut with a grain of salt on this one. Nothing personal.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #55
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Barkley's arm is better than Pennington after injuries. pre-injury Pennington is comparable to Barkley.
Barkley's arm is still better than Pre-injury Pennington arm strength wise. Chad was never known for a semi strong arm.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #56
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Broncos | Have visited with two QBs
Sun, 21 Apr 2013 16:55:15 -0700

The Denver Broncos have visited with Arizona QB Matt Scott and Miami University of Ohio QB Zac Dysert in for visits, and they spoke with Oklahoma QB Landry Jones at the Senior Bowl. Jones figures to be gone by the time the Broncos shop for a developmental passer. Dysert has the type frame Elway seeks.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #57
uplink
Ring of Famer

I hope the broncos look for value. Either in the late rounds or an un-drafted player like the value the Lions got with QB Kellen Moore last year.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #58
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

What good would a rookie 3rd string qb do for us? We need someone who can play or we don't need anyone at all. We have an inexperienced bkup qb we don't need a more inexperienced 3rd string QB. If we carry a 3rd qb it will be a vet bkup we grab off the wire.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:48 PM   #59
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Brock Osweiler - QB - Broncos

Broncos 2012 second-round pick Brock Osweiler has reportedly showed a "power arm" in practices and VP of Football Operations John Elway likes Osweiler's "mental makeup and swagger."
Osweiler is "clearly" Denver's No. 2 QB and heir apparent to Peyton Manning, per the Denver Post. The Post anticipates the Broncos using a third-day draft pick on a developmental passer like Miami of Ohio's Zac Dysert in order to get three quarterbacks in the meeting room with Manning. Osweiler is an intriguing long-term prospect in Dynasty fantasy leagues. Peyton turned 37 in March
This 2nd or 3rd round talk is silly. I would not be upset if Denver drafted a QB in the 4th or later, preferably the 5th or later.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #60
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
What good would a rookie 3rd string qb do for us? We need someone who can play or we don't need anyone at all. We have an inexperienced bkup qb we don't need a more inexperienced 3rd string QB. If we carry a 3rd qb it will be a vet bkup we grab off the wire.
I think Elway wants to bring in competition for twilight and with Manning, he wants another young gun who can learn. I have no problem with the Broncos drafting another QB. If they feel its a guy with lots of upside, then go ahead.

The Broncos are a SB team right now. It's not like they have a bunch of huge holes to fill. If the Broncos can keep building up the defense and get a playmaker or two to replace Doom, great. I absolutely have no problem with Elway pulling the trigger on an young QB like Scott who can learn from Manning and give Twilight some competition.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #61
lolcopter

matt scott
Old 04-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #62
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
competition and preparation for when Manning retires. the max he'll likely be able to play is to the end of his contract. that's about as long as his neck will hold up and the rest of his body will allow him to endure a full season.

the notion that because you have a franchise stud and that should proclude you from drafting more talent and depth at the position is silly.
you're one bad injury from having the back up start, you're then a bad injury from needing the 3rd string QB to step up.

i'm sorry, but i'm not interested in that BS that the Colts pulled with no viable QB.