The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #51
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Liberals cant stand it when their stupid ideas get thwarted. They start blabbing nonesense about needing no laws lol.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #52
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Damn,he better hope Hillary Clinton sees eye to eye with him ,or his attempt to overthrow the gov. Will be short lived.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #53
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Damn,he better hope Hillary Clinton sees eye to eye with him ,or his attempt to overthrow the gov. Will be short lived.
She's a liberal....so she does see eye to eye with him. why do you think she took the Secretary of State job offer to bow out of the Dem primary.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #54
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
She's a liberal....so she does see eye to eye with him. why do you think she took the Secretary of State job offer to bow out of the Dem primary.
She didn't bow out she lost.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #55
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
It’s easy to envision the next Democratic presidential candidate campaigning on gun control—and winning. Thirteen years ago, Democrats needed rural Ohio, West Virginia, or Missouri to win the presidency. Today, Democratic presidential candidates are less reliant on rural, conservative gun owners than at any time in the history of the party. Democrats win with big margins in cities and suburbs, where support for gun control is an asset, not a hindrance. This is even true in Ohio, where Obama won twice despite losing additional ground in the traditionally Democratic, gun-toting, southeastern part of the state. Now Republicans find themselves in the place that haunted Democrats in the early part of the last decade: To win, Republicans need to reclaim the socially moderate suburbs around Denver, Washington, and Philadelphia, where gun control is a real asset to Democratic candidates.
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...elps-democrats
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #56
BroncoBeavis

Here's the fundamental problem for Democrats next time around.

Obama can't run again. And a Hillary or JoeBi electorate will look nothing like the one that rose up around the President.

Candidate quality matters. A lot. It drives turnout. When that doesn't happen, motivated issue voters (even single issue voters) start to make more of a difference. It's why midterm elections generally look way different than Presidential ones. Democrats got their clocks cleaned with Clinton in office during midterms. But the people still reelected Clinton, because the other guy (although a nice guy) wasn't a good candidate. At least not in today's media-driven age.

In 2016, everything pretty much starts all over again. Anyone making declarations about what happens afterwards is kidding themselves.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #57
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Here's the fundamental problem for Democrats next time around...

Candidate quality matters...
Re "fundamental problems", the GOP has more of them than the Dems do. Demographics continue to trend in the wrong direction for the GOP, for example.

Re "candidate quality", this issue goes both ways. McCain/Palin and Romney/Ryan say hello!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #58
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Obama can't run again. And a Hillary or JoeBi electorate will look nothing like the one that rose up around the President.

Candidate quality matters. A lot. It drives turnout. When that doesn't happen, motivated issue voters (even single issue voters) start to make more of a difference. It's why midterm elections generally look way different than Presidential ones. Democrats got their clocks cleaned with Clinton in office during midterms. But the people still reelected Clinton, because the other guy (although a nice guy) wasn't a good candidate. At least not in today's media-driven age.

In 2016, everything pretty much starts all over again. Anyone making declarations about what happens afterwards is kidding themselves.
Umm, have you actually looked at the models out there? The Republicans will have to have an historic performance with white voters to counteract even the most conservative Democrat minority turnout models.

But sure, I'm sure this is just another case of us telling ourselves what we want to hear, and there's no chance Fill-in-the-blank loses.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #59
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Obama care will be such a disaster by then no Dem will be able to win. Already we are seeing states cut workers hours below 30 so they can send them to the exchanges. Private companies doing the same thing. The federal cost of Obama care will be 100's of millions of dollars a yr more expensive then Obama claimed. The economy won't grow much at all and unemployment will still be high. It won't look as bad because govt will have stopped counting 1000's of unemployed workers.

Repubs need to put someone like Christie on the ticket and see what happens.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #60
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Obama care will be such a disaster by then no Dem will be able to win. Already we are seeing states cut workers hours below 30 so they can send them to the exchanges. Private companies doing the same thing. The federal cost of Obama care will be 100's of millions of dollars a yr more expensive then Obama claimed. The economy won't grow much at all and unemployment will still be high. It won't look as bad because govt will have stopped counting 1000's of unemployed workers.

Repubs need to put someone like Christie on the ticket and see what happens.
Christie is the Republicans' only chance, and his approval ratings are in the 70s. That should tell you something.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #61
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

You greatly underestimate the voter turnout that will likely turnout for Hillary Clinton. Every poll I have seen has Hillary with a significant lead over the likes of Christie & rubio in their home states. There well be big turnout for Hillary if she runs.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #62
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default newtown votes down budget for extra security at schools

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ne...ty.php?ref=fpb

Quote:
NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — Newtown residents have rejected a budget that included money for extra school security in the wake of the December school shootings.

Voters turned down the $72 million school budget by 482 votes and rejected the $39 million town government budget by 62 votes Tuesday. Nearly 4,500 residents voted on the plans, which would have increased spending by 4.7 percent next fiscal year.

Officials put an extra $1 million in the school and town budgets to hire extra police officers and unarmed security guards to put in each of Newtown’s seven schools. The plan was spurred by the shootings that killed 20 first-graders and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

First Selectwoman Patricia Llodra says she’s not sure what message voters were sending. She says officials will revise the budget.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #63
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
You greatly underestimate the voter turnout that will likely turnout for Hillary Clinton. Every poll I have seen has Hillary with a significant lead over the likes of Christie & rubio in their home states. There well be big turnout for Hillary if she runs.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #64
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Hillary looked weak and beaten down around the time she resigned. I'm not sure she will want to try and be President but maybe she still yearns for it. Not sure how she would do. I doubt she is more popular now then she was 6 yrs ago. Also lot's of women get caddy when it comes to other women in power and sometimes prefer a man. A woman vice prez could be the smarter move for either party. Repubs should pick the gov from New Mexico and run her with Christie as the Presidential candidate. That is if they want to win. If they don't they can nominate some religious zealot and be done with it.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #65
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Fat white guy plus woman hispanic = can't lose!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #66
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

i would also say Jeb Bush but I think that name will just drag him down.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #67
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Hillary looked weak and beaten down around the time she resigned. I'm not sure she will want to try and be President but maybe she still yearns for it. Not sure how she would do. I doubt she is more popular now then she was 6 yrs ago. Also lot's of women get caddy when it comes to other women in power and sometimes prefer a man. A woman vice prez could be the smarter move for either party. Repubs should pick the gov from New Mexico and run her with Christie as the Presidential candidate. That is if they want to win. If they don't they can nominate some religious zealot and be done with it.
she looked damn strong during the benghazi witch hunt hearing. Everybody from Johnson to Paul looked puny in comparison to H. Clinton.
She's got a 64% approval rating,she's not only as popular as she was in '08 but a stronger candidate.
You shouldn't presume to think you know how women vote. Especially considering the trend that women by very good margins are voting democrat.
Your boy Christie,wouldn't win his home state vs Clinton.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #68
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
she looked damn strong during the benghazi witch hunt hearing. Everybody from Johnson to Paul looked puny in comparison to H. Clinton.
She's got a 64% approval rating,she's not only as popular as she was in '08 but a stronger candidate.
You shouldn't presume to think you know how women vote. Especially considering the trend that women by very good margins are voting democrat.
Your boy Christie,wouldn't win his home state vs Clinton.
I disagree. I think Christie matches up very well with any candidate the democrats can put up, including Clinton.

Completely ridiculous to think Clinton wouldn't walk away with the woman vote, but of course it's supported by "because I feel" statements instead of facts. My biggest concern with Clinton is she'll be 70. I'm not sure she's running.

The biggest mistake the Republicans could make would be running a minority as the presidential candidate. It would come off as pandering, especially with a strong candidate like Christie available. If they don't run Christie, they're sealing their own fate.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #69
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I agree that Clinton just seems too old and tired. i don't feel she wants to run but of course people get a 2nd wind sometimes and maybe 2 yrs off with Bill egging her on would get her fired up. i was just surprised someone told me Obama did better with women then Hilliary was doing and thats why she lost. Maybe that wasn't true. I believe most women like a man more just an opinion but politics is all about opinions and hunches, not everything is spelled out in a graph.

Clinton too old and couldnt get the nomination last time. She knows hell some young democrat with new ideas and less baggage could just come in and Obama her again. Also she barely got out of debt from the last campaign. Not sure she wants to go through it all again at 70, in fact i think its a huge long shot.

Biden.....he may be just stupid enough to run. I hope he does because it will make the whole thing funnier.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #70
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Susana Martinez is a strong VP choice IMO and would not be seen as pandering as long as repubs keep helping to pass immigration. Obviously not all of them will support it but if enough do then it could work.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #71
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Hell you get a latino and a woman on to the same ticket. Put Christie at the lead spot and then you get the fat vote. Could be a very hard ticket to beat. A few bad fat jokes and all those obese Americans might vote like the blacks did for Obama. You know 99.999999999 %
Old 04-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #72
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I disagree. I think Christie matches up very well with any candidate the democrats can put up, including Clinton.

Completely ridiculous to think Clinton wouldn't walk away with the woman vote, but of course it's supported by "because I feel" statements instead of facts. My biggest concern with Clinton is she'll be 70. I'm not sure she's running.

The biggest mistake the Republicans could make would be running a minority as the presidential candidate. It would come off as pandering, especially with a strong candidate like Christie available. If they don't run Christie, they're sealing their own fate.
She's not McCain, Christie may match up better against Clinton,as opposed to rubio but that isn't saying much.
If age is an issue,so will Christies weight be an issue. The guys a Hamburger away from a heart attack. I'm not sure she's running,but there's no guarantee Christie is running either. Christie will have problems getting out of the primaries,considering the circumstances leading to the '12 elections.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #73
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I agree that Clinton just seems too old and tired. i don't feel she wants to run but of course people get a 2nd wind sometimes and maybe 2 yrs off with Bill egging her on would get her fired up. i was just surprised someone told me Obama did better with women then Hilliary was doing and thats why she lost. Maybe that wasn't true. I believe most women like a man more just an opinion but politics is all about opinions and hunches, not everything is spelled out in a graph.

Clinton too old and couldnt get the nomination last time. She knows hell some young democrat with new ideas and less baggage could just come in and Obama her again. Also she barely got out of debt from the last campaign. Not sure she wants to go through it all again at 70, in fact i think its a huge long shot.

Biden.....he may be just stupid enough to run. I hope he does because it will make the whole thing funnier.
I don't think it's a longshot...if I were taking bets I'd say she's 70% likely to run. She won't likely get Obama'ed by some young guy because there's really no Obama to pull it off. We all knew after the 04 DNC speech Obama was going to be hard to bring down. IMO the democrats don't have someone like that yet. Julian Castro gave an amazing speech, but he's not quite big enough yet. When Clinton realizes that she's got an easy road to the nomination, it'll be hard to convince her NOT to run.

If I had to guess this far out the D nominee will go to Clinton and someone like Deval Patrick, someone else who shone at the DNC.

Another one that is getting buzz is Elizabeth Warren, but if Clinton were to run she wouldn't have a chance against her.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #74
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Obama had a far superior ground game over Clinton,Clintons mistake was counting her eggs before they hatch.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #75
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
she looked damn strong during the benghazi witch hunt hearing.
Yeah, like when she called in sick instead of testifying. But otherwise, I think you're right. I mean enduring all that sniper fire as first lady probably really stiffened her disposition.