The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #1726
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBronco7 View Post
Yet he took us to the playoffs and beat Ben.

What part of the Jags don't want him this year but may think again about it after the Jags suck again don't you understand ?

What a comeback! You are completely speculating about the Jags wanting him. There is absolutely no proof of that statement being true. So why does anyone need to understand this when it hasn't happened and might not happen at all?

Good luck to Tim coming out and living his new life and his new position. If he happens to land with the Chargers, Chiefs and Raiders (of course they might want Tebow as he was a 1st round pick), may he suck big time.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #1727
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
What a comeback! You are completely speculating about the Jags wanting him. There is absolutely no proof of that statement being true. So why does anyone need to understand this when it hasn't happened and might not happen at all?

Good luck to Tim coming out and living his new life and his new position. If he happens to land with the Chargers, Chiefs and Raiders (of course they might want Tebow as he was a 1st round pick), may he suck big time.
Good hell man, it's the obvious. I'm not speculating, just restating the obvious fact that he would pack the stands. He would make the Jags millions. And if he was given the big stage.....then you all could trash him if he fails. But if he's given a REAL chance he probably won't fail. He is young and teams positions change every year. I'm just saying it's the obvious place for him to land someday. Or maybe he changes positions, who knows, but the NFL is a better place for having him play in it. He's not playing arena football.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #1728
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
The guy you said you could get on because he comes from ISU. You said he's highly respected in Pocatello. You bought your couch and fridge from his little brother. You said he's your home town hero and you don't like people talking bad about him.
I was just being a smart azz. Had no idea it was spelt without a d. The joke's on me. It's a nice couch though.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #1729
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Good hell man, it's the obvious. I'm not speculating, just restating the obvious fact that he would pack the stands. He would make the Jags millions. And if he was given the big stage.....then you all could trash him if he fails. But if he's given a REAL chance he probably won't fail. He is young and teams positions change every year. I'm just saying it's the obvious place for him to land someday. Or maybe he changes positions, who knows, but the NFL is a better place for having him play in it. He's not playing arena football.
Thanks for reminding me. Some also like to complain that Tebow has not been give a chance despite the 14 games he has played as the starting QB for an NFL team.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #1730
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Thanks for reminding me. Some also like to complain that Tebow has not been give a chance despite the 14 games he has played as the starting QB for an NFL team.
And he took the Broncos to the playoffs after several years of not. He's in the record books for a perfect PASS to Thomas and the quickest OT win in history. He got treated raw by Elway and Co. after such a successful prior season. I'm glad we have Peyton but there's no reason in hell that he shouldn't be given a REAL opportunity, without the fear of the rug getting pulled out from underneath him......say, in Jacksonville.....about the time 50% of the seats are empty. (Probably a couple years from now) Don't get all excited, we know they don't want him this year....or so they say.

Most QB's don't get axed after making a playoff run.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #1731
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And he took the Broncos to the playoffs after several years of not. He's in the record books for a perfect PASS to Thomas and the quickest OT win in history. He got treated raw by Elway and Co. after such a successful prior season. I'm glad we have Peyton but there's no reason in hell that he shouldn't be given a REAL opportunity, without the fear of the rug getting pulled out from underneath him......say, in Jacksonville.....about the time 50% of the seats are empty. (Probably a couple years from now) Don't get all excited, we know they don't want him this year....or so they say.

A broken clock is going to be right twice a day.
Love how teblowers ignore his pathetic completion percentage & ignore the fact that he was one of the worst 3rd down QBs in the league. 2 areas elway said tebow would have to improve on in order to be viable going forward. He never improved.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #1732
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

The Broncos only made the playoffs because chokeland lost so if you honestly look at the end of the 2011 season it was pretty much horrible. Yes, the Broncos got in but not because the team and Tebow were good, but because chokeland was just plain horrible.

That playoff game against the stellers was fantastic and definitely one of the biggest highlights of the last 10 years or so, but that being said, the next week against the patriots the Broncos got destroyed.

TT had his choice between the jets and the jags and he chose the jets. Had TT been as great as some fans here insist he is, then the jets and the jags would have been in a bidding war for TT. Instead, it was more like a "meh, we will give you this and if you don't like it, that's fine." Elway took the lesser of two deals only because he tried to accomodate TT. It is what it is.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #1733
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Broncos only made the playoffs because chokeland lost so if you honestly look at the end of the 2011 season it was pretty much horrible. Yes, the Broncos got in but not because the team and Tebow were good, but because chokeland was just plain horrible.

That playoff game against the stellers was fantastic and definitely one of the biggest highlights of the last 10 years or so, but that being said, the next week against the patriots the Broncos got destroyed.

TT had his choice between the jets and the jags and he chose the jets. Had TT been as great as some fans here insist he is, then the jets and the jags would have been in a bidding war for TT. Instead, it was more like a "meh, we will give you this and if you don't like it, that's fine." Elway took the lesser of two deals only because he tried to accomodate TT. It is what it is.
Phillip Rivers screwing up a kneel down. Marion Barber running out of bounds and then fumbling. I could go on and on with all the miracles that got Denver into the playoffs that year.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #1734
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Good hell man, it's the obvious. I'm not speculating, just restating the obvious fact that he would pack the stands. He would make the Jags millions. And if he was given the big stage.....then you all could trash him if he fails....I'm just saying it's the obvious place for him to land someday. Or maybe he changes positions, who knows, but the NFL is a better place for having him play in it.
I don't doubt that the Jags fans (and Florida fans) would come out and pack the stands to watch him. It still doesn't mean that the Front Office wants him! You are speculating that part of the discussion. Tebow has a lot of fans and I if he comes out, he will have those new fans even if they hated on him for his religious beliefs. I am totally speculating too.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #1735
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
A broken clock is going to be right twice a day.
Love how teblowers ignore his pathetic completion percentage & ignore the fact that he was one of the worst 3rd down QBs in the league. 2 areas elway said tebow would have to improve on in order to be viable going forward. He never improved.
I'll always say if Tebow WANTED to improve as a passer he could have. Trouble is, he didn't think he had to improve. He thinks he can win as he is. I guess that's what Elway saw, Tebow was stuck in Florida mode.

It's too bad, Tebow can make all the throws, he just can't do it consistently. He had to work hard to build the passing skills but he didn't do it. He was given a golden opportunity but didn't recognize what he needed to do to succeed at the top level.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #1736
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

'Sup beotch!
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #1737
Meck77

So I've been out of the loop. Is Tebow making sandwiches with kircus now?
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #1738
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I don't doubt that the Jags fans (and Florida fans) would come out and pack the stands to watch him. It still doesn't mean that the Front Office wants him! You are speculating that part of the discussion. Tebow has a lot of fans and I if he comes out, he will have those new fans even if they hated on him for his religious beliefs. I am totally speculating too.
I suppose you're saying he's gay..?
Old 04-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #1739
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

'Sup beotch!
Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......most....the word most. Not exceptions.

Last edited by IdahoBronco7; 04-21-2013 at 08:01 PM..
Old 04-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #1740
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:

Most QBs after a playoff run also command a hell of a lot more than a 4th round draft pick. He wasn't axed, he went to the highest bidder. It should tell you something that a 4th is the max any GM thought he was worth, even after the playoff run.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #1741
bombay
Ring of Famer

I would have unloaded all of my game tickets if he had returned. If I have to watch a hs level offense, I expect to pay about $8.

Thank you, John Elway.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #1742
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
They will if they don't want to be asked the same question phrased a different way every 5 minutes.

In 90% of cases, no good can come out of saying anything other than "We like who we've got, we're not interested in anyone else" There's a HOF-level exception to that rule, but otherwise you never hem and haw about QBs unless you're already 100% sure you're going a different direction.
Or unless you're 100% certain you have no interest in the particular QB in question (as Caldwell made clear regarding Tebow).
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #1743
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
I would have unloaded all of my game tickets if he had returned. If I have to watch a hs level offense, I expect to pay about $8.

Thank you, John Elway.
Geez, you must hate watching the 49ers and the Redskins.....
Old 04-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #1744
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Geez, you must hate watching the 49ers and the Redskins.....
They both have quarterbacks who can throw accurately. Your comparison is flat-out wrong.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #1745
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
If anyone's interested in Tim once he's cut, they're not going to say a word about it right now. In fact they're not allowed to express any interest whatsoever while he's still a Jet. Yet some of these morons still point to that as evidence of something.
The guy still beating the Timmy Teebs drum is calling other people morons. As Butthead used to say, "shut up, Beavis".
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #1746
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
They both have quarterbacks who can throw accurately. Your comparison is flat-out wrong.
Some of his college numbers make all the haters flat-out wrong. Tebow just needs reps and an organization totally behind him like the tattooed one and 3.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #1747
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Some of his college numbers make all the haters flat-out wrong. Tebow just needs reps and an organization totally behind him like the tattooed one and 3.
lol at using college stats to defend a guy entering his 4th year in the league

I wonder what Colt Brennan is up to these days?
He was a statistical rape train in college
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #1748
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
He couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez.

Mark.

Sanchez.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #1749
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
He couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez.

Mark.

Sanchez.

Well, I guess you got a point there.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #1750
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
College stats make me lol.

How's Geno Toretta's HoF induction coming along? Imminent, I suppose, due to all of his brilliant college stats.