The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #376
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Pretty narrow-minded and myopic opinion on a guy who dominated junior college, did very well last year and was one of the best defensive players in the country this year. Had he not blew out his knee he was going to go in the Top 15. I will not be surprised if a team takes him very early as long as his medicals evaluations check out. The Vikings took a dude who had cancer and another guy who had two ACL tears in the first round. (Udeze and James) The Broncos took Jarvis Moss who was an absolute loser and moved up to get him. I still remember exactly where I was that day (playing soccer at college) and almost cried to that news.

Didn't work out for them, but Carradine was a much better collegiate player than both of them. To simply dismiss Tank based on injury is silly. I suggest you put on the tape and see him. Always involved on plays. Great TFL, good run defense and gets after the QB. He has the ability to be a complete player in the NFL and has Pro-Bowl caliber. He consistently did it against LT in college. He outperformed Werner this year and might have even flashed more than Jenkins had at his highest levels of output prior to his lis franc. The Seminoles have a lot of solid prospects this year. I think Carradine will be better than both Werner and Jenkins in the NFL, and Rhodes is his only competition for best Seminole from the 2013 class.

Certainly worth a look @ #28 if he is there. Considering the Broncos were one of only 11 teams at his workout, I would say we are extremely interested. Heck, yeah -- we are interested. Very much so.
DaQuan Bowers? That was the guy last year that was supposed to be such a good DE. Got a lot of looks. C'mon man, you can't reach for injured players in round one, there's much better options. If somebody wants Tank that's fine with me, but I think there are much better options for the Broncs.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #377
CEH
Ring of Famer

4 of Elvis's 11 sacks came on the first play (safety v Houst) or last play of the game (Oak,Balt,SD)

Another 2 came against CLEV and Colt McCoy

He actually had 2 sacks 3rd and 7 or less and one 3rd and 8

5 of his 11 sack came on the last play of the game or the 4th Qtr of the Clev game vs Colt McCoy
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #378
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Gosh amighty, the guy that b****es about Price changing his mind is changing his mind . . . . Keep it consistent Bmore.
I told you to worry about your Garden John Deere..
Old 04-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #379
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Dude, you used to say how much better Freeney was against the run than Elvis, so WTF?
So what if somebody changes their tune, whomever it is? What, you want the board just to be for you and your buddies? Nobody else is allowed in if they have differing opinions? You'll run them off with ridicule if you don't like them?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #380
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So what if somebody changes their tune, whomever it is? What, you want the board just to be for you and your buddies? Nobody else is allowed in if they have differing opinions? You'll run them off with ridicule if you don't like them?
Who is he talking about? He just likes jumping in and being the guy who stands up for a poster.. Such as Price.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #381
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Who is he talking about? He just likes jumping in and being the guy who stands up for a poster.. Such as Price.
He quoted Med and called him out it for appearing like he was changing his mind.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #382
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
I told you to worry about your Garden John Deere..
I'll worry about my garden, you go worry about Baltimore/Indianapolis . .. deal?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #383
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Touche.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #384
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
DaQuan Bowers? That was the guy last year that was supposed to be such a good DE. Got a lot of looks. C'mon man, you can't reach for injured players in round one, there's much better options. If somebody wants Tank that's fine with me, but I think there are much better options for the Broncs.
Bowers had a lot of bad medicals, character concerns and a lot of other things that caused him to fall from grace. He also blew out his Achilles tendon when entering the NFL. What happened to Tank was a freak injury in the last game of the year with minutes to go. It was tragic. Tank tested way better than Bowers and isn't a reach. Just because he is coming off an ACL tear doesn't mean he should be devalued. You clearly do not watch him on the field. Conversation over.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #385
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Bowers had a lot of bad medicals, character concerns and a lot of other things that caused him to fall from grace. He also blew out his Achilles tendon when entering the NFL. What happened to Tank was a freak injury in the last game of the year with minutes to go. It was tragic. Tank tested way better than Bowers and isn't a reach. Just because he is coming off an ACL tear doesn't mean he should be devalued. You clearly do not watch him on the field. Conversation over.
Hey, I'm just taking care of my garden dude. If you say he has a stud future that's fine with me. I'm skeptical.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #386
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Skepticism and constructive criticism is warranted. Citing an injury and marginalizing his collegiate accomplishments without watching the team or him play is goonie.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #387
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Personally, I'd use our 3rd round pick on a RB. I think there will be one of our top 3-4 RB's available at 90. I'd prefer to use our first 2 picks on defense.

I believe 2 of the following will be availabe at 90: Bell, Ball, Taylor, Michael

And, I'm not sure that I love Lacy that much more than these 4 guys. So, why spend our #1 or #2 on a back?

Here's what I want:

#28: Werner or Rhodes or trade back to 40 and take Moore, Minter, or Hayden
#58: Jamar Taylor, Hankerson, or Teo
#90: Le'veon Bell or Taylor

I just think the RB you can get in the 3rd round will be better value then the CB, DE, DT you can get in the 3rd round. Plus, we will be throwing the ball 65% of the time and using a RB committee most of the season.

Who the hell is Hankerson? Taylor and Te'o won't be there for Denver's 2nd round pick. I would love any of your first round picks of Werner, Rhodes and Moore. Levon Bell in the 3rd would make me smile as well.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #388
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
I would only advocate one of the LTs in Fisher or Jockel and Dion Jordan as I think they are blue chip prospects.

Warmack is such a good NFL ready prospect, but you don't move up for a guard in the top 10.. Look at DeCastros free fall last year, though I would have moved up a spot or two for him last year, or a couple of picks this year for Warmack, just not top 10.

Milner is not one of my favorite CB prospects.. He lacks ball skills that would make him elite.
Decastro not in Warmacks league IMO.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:24 AM   #389
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I think Warmack is very talented and a great prospect, but I would not trade up from #28 to the top 10 to land him, a Guard of all positions..

Now as far as the debate between who's better, I think Warmack excelled in run blocking while offering quality pass protection. I think DeCastro coming out of college, had a little more balance, and maybe was better in his pass protection than his run blocking. I almost wonder if he should be playing LG in the NFL and not RG..? But they were talking DeCastro up last year too as one of the best prospects..
Old 04-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #390
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
I'm going to disagree with you right there. DeCastro is technically better in every aspect if the game. Warmack is a badass fireplug, but he was also playing next to several guys that will all be drafted in the first three rounds this week.

Warmack is very good and could be a perfect fit for the right team, but the NFL is more about passing and second level play than Warmack experienced at Alabama. DeCastro was one of the most polished Guard prospects in the past five years. This year, I expect him to be a major difference maker.

Warmack will probably take a few lumps and learn about the nfl passing game. I love Warmack, but at this point, he's not technically as good as DeCastro was coming out of Stanford.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #391
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I'm going to disagree with you right there. DeCastro is technically better in every aspect if the game. Warmack is a badass fireplug, but he was also playing next to several guys that will all be drafted in the first three rounds this week.

Warmack is very good and could be a perfect fit for the right team, but the NFL is more about passing and second level play than Warmack experienced at Alabama. DeCastro was one of the most polished Guard prospects in the past five years. This year, I expect him to be a major difference maker.

Warmack will probably take a few lumps and learn about the nfl passing game. I love Warmack, but at this point, he's not technically as good as DeCastro was coming out of Stanford.
Repped. I whole-heartedly agree.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #392
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
I agree Warmack is a few notches below DeCastro.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #393
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I agree Warmack is a few notches below DeCastro.
Indeed. At Stanford Harbaugh developed him into something special coming into the league.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #394
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Would suck if Warmack, Cooper, and the QB's all fall to the Broncos at #28. Don't need.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #395
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Would suck if Warmack, Cooper, and the QB's all fall to the Broncos at #28. Don't need.
Lol, no way do Warmack and Cooper fall out of the Top 15-20 picks.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #396
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Dude, you used to say how much better Freeney was against the run than Elvis, so WTF?
I think you need to find that or have me confused with someone else! Freeney has NEVER played the run well. Mathis on the other hand, he at least tries and is assignment sound. I would be really surprised if I EVER said Freeney actually played the run. Had to be over 5 years ago if I did.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #397
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Oh man, I just keep disagreeing with everyone's assessment of this year's guards. If Jonathan Cooper is there at #28, run to the podium. He is going to be a solid NFL starter, would probably be the BPA if he fell to 28.

And for the record, Vasquez plays Right Guard, and Jonathan Cooper plays Left Guard. Good guards should be able to switch sides, but being familiar with a particular side definitely helps.

Last edited by cmhargrove; 04-22-2013 at 02:39 PM..
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #398
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I would crap my pants if we landed Cooper.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #399
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
You're going to crap your pants no matter who Denver selects.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #400
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Thanks for the warning, but still TMI.

J/K
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote