The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #351
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
1. I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty big topic of discussion for quite some time, so you might want to get used it. Elvis hasnt even had his first sack as a Raven yet... when that happens, then you can start getting sick of the discussion because it'll be everywhere.

2. And I sure hope not.
Well I don't want him to get a sack week one, and frankly I'll be sick to my stomach watching him have success.. I thought the original contract was high, but not at the expense of losing him.. We just have to move forward and hope the FO has a contingency plan in place..
Old 04-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #352
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Well I don't want him to get a sack week one, and frankly I'll be sick to my stomach watching him have success.. I thought the original contract was high, but not at the expense of losing him.. We just have to move forward and hope the FO has a contingency plan in place..
They do. Spending almost as much money on Freeney. :/
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #353
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
You weren't around when players like cutler Marshall scheffler Hillis etc etc left this team. There are fans here who like certain players. Let some fans vent for Christ sake.
Stop jumping on me bro, you really do it far too much. Obviously I know players are important to people, Manning after all is my favorite player. I'm having a conversation with a very quality poster, who I'd like to see come up with how we can improve the pass rush moving forward.. Not fight over what Doom did or didn't do..
Old 04-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #354
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I really hope not..
Old 04-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #355
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Stop jumping on me bro, you really do it far too much. Obviously I know players are important to people, Manning after all is my favorite player. I'm having a conversation with a very quality poster, who I'd like to see come up with how we can improve the pass rush moving forward.. Not fight over what Doom did or didn't do..
You just jumped on people talking about dumervil and are complaining about my response?
Old 04-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #356
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
This can't be correct can it?

3rd and between 3-7 yards. I would suspect this yardage represents 80% of all 3rd downs in the NFL and where Denver would expect a pass rusher to make his living

1 sack from Elvis? Am I reading this right?
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #357
Bmore Manning

Quote:
You just jumped on people talking about dumervil and are complaining about my response?
Actually tool, I made a general comment, I didn't quote and single out the Rev.. Good call though.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #358
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Actually tool, I made a general comment, I didn't quote and single out the Rev.. Good call though.
Wrong. You came into the conversation labeling it a pissing contest. But keep thinking you know all.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #359
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Wrong. You came into the conversation labeling it a pissing contest. But keep thinking you know all.
And I didn't take sides, I merely made a neutral comment.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #360
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I wonder how many older vets will sign with Denver post draft
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #361
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Fingers crossed for Dansby..
Old 04-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #362
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Depends on what we can draft and how they feel about some of younger depth (Irving, Ayers/Jackson, Carter, etc), I suppose
Old 04-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #363
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Fun fact: Von Miller incurred over 50% more penalties in the 2013 season than Elvis Dumervil (a team leading 11 times flagged)
I still won't miss Dumervils off sides penalties.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #364
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
I still won't miss Dumervils off sides penalties.

I will miss his holding penalties. I just hope clady signs his stupid ass tender and gets his bug butt in shape. I don't want a guy who misses tc because of the tag to go against an upset motivated doom possibly out of shape.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #365
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
^ HA! nfldraftscout changes a players rank and poof price starts singing a different tune. Seriously wow.
So what if somebody changes their tune, whomever it is? What, you want the board just to be for you and your buddies? Nobody else is allowed in if they have differing opinions? You'll run them off with ridicule if you don't like them?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #366
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
So what if somebody changes their tune, whomever it is? What, you want the board just to be for you and your buddies? Nobody else is allowed in if they have differing opinions? You'll run them off with ridicule if you don't like them?
get off your high horse and go play police with a different poster.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #367
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Is your point that Miller penalties were much more costly than offsides?

If so, good point, man.

85 yards vs 38 yards, and a lot more chain moving in the wrong direction.
You brought Miller into the conversation not me. I'll take Miller this point over Doom all day. I like Doom and i think its sucks he got away but he can be replaced easier than Miller. Doom will be missed but i think our defense will be better this year. Im lookingfoward to seeing what Ayers can do as well.
Elway 4 Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #368
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I agree, but Champ is going to be replaced inside of 3 years, and with the learning curve at the CB position I think it makes sense to get his replacement in house this year. I think Trufant is the safest pick of the bunch, but it's a pretty deep class at the CB position.
Since it's a deep class, I don't see a CB at 28. They let Bolden play a few snaps last year at RCB, they'll want to groom him a little more before drafting one high. Also, they signed DRC for a year to see how he fits long term. I think they think they have bigger fish to catch on D other than CB.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #369
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway 4 Life View Post
You brought Miller into the conversation not me. I'll take Miller this point over Doom all day. I like Doom and i think its sucks he got away but he can be replaced easier than Miller. Doom will be missed but i think our defense will be better this year. Im lookingfoward to seeing what Ayers can do as well.
I brought him into the discussion to illustrate how people are making something out of nothing to justify a big loss.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #370
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Totally disagree about Carradine being gone before 28

Running straight ahead doesn't prove his ACL is OK. He can't cut on it right now. Still has questions marks that why you see him ranked near the end of the 1st round

Take a look at the teams .Only team there not a playoff team was New Orleans. The other non playoff teams draft too high to take him in the first

San Francisco 49ers trade up
Atlanta Falcons trade up,
New England Patriots trade up ,
Kansas City Chiefs trade up from 2nd round,
New Orleans Saints no
Detroit Lions trade up from 2nd round,
Cincinnati Bengals no ,
Cleveland Browns trade up from 2nd round ,
Minnesota Vikings no ,
Denver Broncos no
Indianapolis Colts no

Based on the teams that showed up he should be right in the mix (5 players Denver may consider at #28)
Yeah, I don't feel the love for Tank. Spend a #1 on a DE that is coming off an ACL? No. A one year starter? No. There's better options.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #371
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Nope, been on that bandwagon for awhile now.

Hell, let's be honest here. Dumervil is a PRS, and has always been pathetic at playing the run. The only guy worse is Freeney, so PRS from the draft would be just fine with me.
Dude, you used to say how much better Freeney was against the run than Elvis, so WTF?
Old 04-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #372
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
You know it bro!

I'm just do torn on the RB issue.. I really think McGahee is quality when healthy, I don't like Moreno, but as depth he's a solid back-up.. I guess..
I really think Hillman is going to be a good RB, and he fits the fast paced, passing offense.

I think a stud RB would put this team over the top, I just don't want to invest a first or even second rounder to do so.. I know I have been a big advocate of Bell, but I am warming to other prospects. If we keep both McGahee/Moreno, do we really need Lacy or an early RB? I think Lattimore would be a great player to stash away, or a couple middle round RBs I like Taylor and Ball have a grittyness to them, while Bernard and Randle have a good skill set with more big play ability..

I'm really torn on RBs just like I am with DEs..
Gosh amighty, the guy that b****es about Price changing his mind is changing his mind . . . . Keep it consistent Bmore.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #373
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Yeah, I don't feel the love for Tank. Spend a #1 on a DE that is coming off an ACL? No. A one year starter? No. There's better options.
Pretty narrow-minded and myopic opinion on a guy who dominated junior college, did very well last year and was one of the best defensive players in the country this year. Had he not blew out his knee he was going to go in the Top 15. I will not be surprised if a team takes him very early as long as his medicals evaluations check out. The Vikings took a dude who had cancer and another guy who had two ACL tears in the first round. (Udeze and James) The Broncos took Jarvis Moss who was an absolute loser and moved up to get him. I still remember exactly where I was that day (playing soccer at college) and almost cried to that news.

Didn't work out for them, but Carradine was a much better collegiate player than both of them. To simply dismiss Tank based on injury is silly. I suggest you put on the tape and see him. Always involved on plays. Great TFL, good run defense and gets after the QB. He has the ability to be a complete player in the NFL and has Pro-Bowl caliber. He consistently did it against LT in college. He outperformed Werner this year and might have even flashed more than Jenkins had at his highest levels of output prior to his lis franc. The Seminoles have a lot of solid prospects this year. I think Carradine will be better than both Werner and Jenkins in the NFL, and Rhodes is his only competition for best Seminole from the 2013 class.

Certainly worth a look @ #28 if he is there. Considering the Broncos were one of only 11 teams at his workout, I would say we are extremely interested. Heck, yeah -- we are interested. Very much so.

Last edited by Requiem; 04-21-2013 at 04:30 PM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #374
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
get off your high horse and go play police with a different poster.
I still think the Broncos should trade up as soon as Moore or Carradine is selected, to snag the other.

All the mock drafters and ratings agencies have one of them falling to the Broncos, but I wouldn't take that chance. Sucks, because it would be pretty sweet to pick Chris Harper in the 4th.

It's a tough choice.

I know you want either Lacy or Te'o in the 1st, which would be good. They might actually make a bigger impact than a 1st round DE. I don't trust Ayers though, and I don't think he's the long-term answer.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-21-2013 at 04:34 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #375
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I brought him into the discussion to illustrate how people are making something out of nothing to justify a big loss.
Gotcha, to those "people" I say he can be replaced and losing him did not diminish our chances of winning the superbowl. It sucks but we will be just fine without him.
Elway 4 Life is online now   Reply With Quote